Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. (2764 Views)

Learn From My Sad Story, Before Being A Victim. / My Sad Life Story With Masturbation And Molestation. / My Sad Observation About The Current Wave Of Inflation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Freemasonry: 5:24pm On Nov 17, 2020
Hello everyone,
This is going to be a long read but bear with me as I get this off my chest.

I want to share a recent sad experience in the hopes that someone here will learn, and avoid making a similar mistake, or even suggest how I can quickly resolve the situation.

I wanted a big screen tv and somehow found a 65” 4K smart tv on sale in Lagos.
Terms were agreed over the phone and sent a friend that stays in Lagos to confirm the state of the merchandise, make payment and take delivery.

My guy went and confirmed the tv, I made the transfer and he took the tv to the park to be waybilled to the east.

We had agreed to use GIG logistics, but according to my guy, they refused to accept the item. I suggested GUO logistics, he went there then called me back that they said he should take it to a place where they will package it in a box and weigh it. But because the place was a few poles away from where he was, he said he wouldn’t go. By this time he was already sounding exasperated, and I could understand that I had put him through some inconvenience. A while later, he calls to say that he was going to send it through a shady character by the name of Mr. Salami. To make matters worse these people demanded I pay 20k for my item to be brought safe and sound to Ebonyi state. We tried to negotiate but they were adamant because according to them the tv would occupy three seats, so I paid the 20k and was told that the bus will leave by Saturday evening, and arrive by Sunday morning. Although I had my reservations I couldn’t object much coz my friend was obviously stressed.

Fast forward to Sunday morning, noon and night and no one called me for pickup, so I got worried and called the Mr salami, after I explained who I was and why I was calling, he asked me if I thought Ebonyi was Maryland or Ojota, then he hung up. I was pissed but I reined in my temper and called my guy to please get across to the man to know the status of my waybill.

My friend called me to say mr Salami said we should relax that the item would reach me in an hour. An hour stretched to midnight and before you knew it, it was Monday morning.
I kept calling to know when the item would arrive coz I was anxious, but I was fed a litany of lies about how the driver had arrived at their park in Abakaliki and was probably sleeping off the fatigue of night driving, I said okay.
Eventually the Driver’s number connected and I asked where I could come for pickup, he said he was in Enugu, and that my tv will get to me soon.

Around 3pm Monday I got a call from a different driver that my tv was just given to him for delivery and that he will call me on arrival. I said okay.
As it turned out, the first driver had handed it over to another person to deliver.

4:30pm he called again to say he had arrived. When I got there I saw the tv tied on the roof of the Toyota Sienna with half the protective covering gone. It was pretty obvious that something bad had happened. The driver and I brought it down from the road and behold, the screen was completely shattered.

The sienna driver swore that it was like that when the other driver from Lagos gave it to him. He said he asked them to pay him 4K for the tv to be carried inside the vehicle but they refused and paid 2k for the tv to be conveyed like a log of wood.

My guy has gone to meet with them today to make a formal complaint and ask for indemnity, they called me and said I should send back the tv to Lagos for them to fix. Meanwhile, the guy I bought the tv from and another technician have both passed a beyond-repair verdict on it. We gave them an option to pay 70% of the cost of the tv but they are making excuses.

I’m so angry about the whole thing, and because I’m not in Lagos I don’t really know how I can resolve this matter quickly and get justice. I’m so pissed that the greed of two men destroyed a great tv with an amazing viewing experience.

Please, if anyone here has any useful suggestions to offer me, please do. I’m so confused right now.

Thank you for your time.

PS: This piece will not be complete if I fail to advise everyone reading this to avoid using roadside transport companies for fragile items. This experience has taught me to use either DHL or UPS.
It’s better to be safe than sorry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Freemasonry: 5:25pm On Nov 17, 2020
@Graceglory
@OnlineAlaba

Please your input from your wealth of experience waybilling TVs, and how to tackle this sort of situation will be appreciated here.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by anthonyuncle(m): 6:01pm On Nov 17, 2020
1. you should've made an arrangement for it's delivery with the company that u bought the TV from. they might charge u but they will ensure that it gets to u safe and sound.

2. it is better to buy stuff like that from stores nearest to your location next time. there are genuine electronic stores in Enugu,u should've gone there to purchase the item yourself. the price will be higher than that of lagos, but it will ensure safety.

3. any logistics deal u wanna do in future should be arranged with a company not an individual. this ur mr salami is an individual. if a logistic company agree to deliver ur item to u and da item don't get to u in sound condition, they will pay without much talk.

7 Likes

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by debetmx(m): 7:20pm On Nov 17, 2020
Please change the title of your post. You didn't deal with any logistics company. You illegally dealt with employees of the logistics company.

Its really painful but just look for money to fix the television.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by okirewaju(f): 7:33pm On Nov 17, 2020
This is painful
So sorry
Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by missyojo(f): 9:16pm On Nov 17, 2020
Ohhhhhh....... Ohhhhhh

Op, sorry for what happened. I guess the TV is way cheaper in Lagos than your state of residence that's why you opted to buy it in Lagos

The money spent on transportation and getting card calling them will almost amount to the price they are selling it over there.
Sorry once again. I hope you get justice for it.

3 Likes

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by GoldCircle: 10:42pm On Nov 17, 2020
So sorry for the loss! You did the best you could, these guys are callous! Get a lawyer friend to write them formally giving then one-week notice to replace the tv or face the music.
Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by brain54(m): 10:59pm On Nov 17, 2020
guy who is "they" you kept referring to in your post? if is the logistic company you are on track....but if its the Mr salami and his goons,your case is sorry. sorry sir!
Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Shortcut2life: 11:18pm On Nov 17, 2020
Gha
Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by GRACEGLORY: 11:26pm On Nov 17, 2020
Freemasonry:
@Graceglory
@OnlineAlaba

Please your input from your wealth of experience waybilling TVs, and how to tackle this sort of situation will be appreciated here.

Thanks.

Boss Freemasonry, I'm honestly sorry about this ordeal. I can deeply relate as it happens to be a shoe have once worn. Mehn! This is a lot of money we're talking about. OMG cry

I'd like to be free and honest in response, so, please, permit me. I don't think GIG could have rejected that TV, that was strange. If your Friend had said, they put a knife to his throat based on cost, that would be usual, but rejecting the item, no!

For the irresponsible, and incompetent fellows that represented GUO, their kind are many on the field. They're always about, "just let the money exchange hands." They're fellows of no sense of value. They're there to feed their belly. So, that's the kind of results they reproduce all the time. You need to hold them responsible, send emails to their offices (feedback@guotransport.com, info@ guotransport.com) call them (+2347000121000), WhatsApp ((+234) 814-498-8273, WhatsApp (+234) 903-336-7275) them, Twit (@guotransport) them, bother them until their superiors get involved. And you should come down to Lagos if need be. The longer the time you relax over this, the more it cools off.

They assured you guys of the safety, and a good position on the vehicle seat, but they breached the agreement which had resulted into the damage, so you must hold them responsible for damages (physical, emotional, and economic injuries), and unfair treatment.

Look for those dimwits, and press them until they leak.

Once more, I'm sorry for your ordeal, I can relate. Sorry, bro.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Freemasonry: 11:29pm On Nov 17, 2020
brain54:
guy who is "they" you kept referring to in your post? if is the logistic company you are on track....but if its the Mr salami and his goons,your case is sorry. sorry sir!
The “WE” here is myself and my friend that gave them the waybill.

As for “THEY”, it’s the Salami guy and the supposed manager of the bus company.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Freemasonry: 11:32pm On Nov 17, 2020
GRACEGLORY:

Boss Freemasonry, I'm honestly sorry about this ordeal. I can deeply relate as it happens to be a shoe have once worn. Mehn! This is a lot of money we're talking about. OMG cry

I'd like to be free and honest in response, so, please, permit me. I don't think GIG could have rejected that TV, that was strange. If your Friend had said, they put a knife to his throat based on cost, that would be usual, but rejecting the item, no!

For the irresponsible, and incompetent fellows that represented GUO, their kind are many on the field. They're always about, "just let the money exchange hands." They're fellows of no sense of value. They're there to feed their belly. So, that's the kind of results they reproduce all the time. You need to hold them responsible, send emails to their offices (feedback@guotransport.com, info@ guotransport.com) call them (+2347000121000), WhatsApp ((+234) 814-498-8273, WhatsApp (+234) 903-336-7275) them, Twit (@guotransport) them, bother them until their superiors get involved. And you should come down to Lagos if need be. The longer the time you relax over this, the more it cools off.

They assured you guys of the safety, and a good position on the vehicle seat, but they breached the agreement which had resulted into the damage, so you must hold them responsible for damages (physical, emotional, and economic injuries), and unfair treatment.

Look for those dimwits, and press them until they leak.

Once more, I'm sorry for your ordeal, I can relate. Sorry, bro.
Thank you very much boss.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Freemasonry: 11:47pm On Nov 17, 2020
anthonyuncle:
1. you should've made an arrangement for it's delivery with the company that u bought the TV from. they might charge u but they will ensure that it gets to u safe and sound.

2. it is better to buy stuff like that from stores nearest to your location next time. there are genuine electronic stores in Enugu,u should've gone there to purchase the item yourself. the price will be higher than that of lagos, but it will ensure safety.

3. any logistics deal u wanna do in future should be arranged with a company not an individual. this ur mr salami is an individual. if a logistic company agree to deliver ur item to u and da item don't get to u in sound condition, they will pay without much talk.
It was not a company I bought it from brother.
Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Freemasonry: 11:47pm On Nov 17, 2020
okirewaju:
This is painful
So sorry

Very!
Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Freemasonry: 11:49pm On Nov 17, 2020
missyojo:
Ohhhhhh....... Ohhhhhh

Op, sorry for what happened. I guess the TV is way cheaper in Lagos than your state of residence that's why you opted to buy it in Lagos

The money spent on transportation and getting card calling them will almost amount to the price they are selling it over there.
Sorry once again. I hope you get justice for it.
Yes it was way cheaper in Lagos, and I got a deal I believed was great.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Freemasonry: 11:51pm On Nov 17, 2020
GoldCircle:
So sorry for the loss! You did the best you could, these guys are callous! Get a lawyer friend to write them formally giving then one-week notice to replace the tv or face the music.
Honestly I tried to avoid stories.
The 20k I paid them was for them to put it on a seat for safe conveyance. But out of greed they choose to pack it like wood, which resulted in the damage.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Basics007: 5:15am On Nov 18, 2020
Sorry about your experience. This is quite sad. You might need to get some military personnel to slap the Mr Salami around a bit. Might look like hard work going to Lagos but if you are really keen on getting justice that's the quickest way to go.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by anthonyuncle(m): 5:17am On Nov 18, 2020
Freemasonry:

It was not a company I bought it from brother.

another mistake.
something as delicate as such should be arranged in a formal and legal way
Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Onlinealaba(m): 5:37am On Nov 18, 2020
Sorry for the loss and damages, to the best of my knowledge GIG logistics are very careful when it comes to handling and waybiling TVs ,they make sure they send their rep to inspect the TV before packaging and then after packaging they call in a carpenter to construct a wooden crane for the TV which is the best option for transporting a very fragile item like TV, The 20k you payed would have been best with GIG, notwithstanding if the so called Mr Salami is a verified staff of GUO you can report to the management and take up necessary legal actions against him. Once again sorry for the damages
Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by brain54(m): 6:04am On Nov 18, 2020
My guy has gone to meet with THEM today to make a formal complaint and ask for indemnity, THEY called me and said I should send back the tv to Lagos for them to fix. Meanwhile, the guy I bought the tv from and another technician have both passed a beyond-repair verdict on it. We gave THEM an option to pay 70% of the cost of the tv but THEY are making excuses.

.[/quote]
was referring to this "THEY"..is it the logistic company or Mr salami?

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Freemasonry: 7:02am On Nov 18, 2020
brain54:

My guy has gone to meet with THEM today to make a formal complaint and ask for indemnity, THEY called me and said I should send back the tv to Lagos for them to fix. Meanwhile, the guy I bought the tv from and another technician have both passed a beyond-repair verdict on it. We gave THEM an option to pay 70% of the cost of the tv but THEY are making excuses.

Yes it’s the logistics company. My friend met with salami and the manager. And they now called me on the phone where they asked me what I wanted them to do about. I suggested they pay 70% or perhaps buy another 55” instead of the 65” they destroyed.

They said they will back, my friend later said that they were arguing that if that must happen then I must send back the damage one.
Of course I promptly agreed to send it back, and they said I should give them 24 hours to arrange with one of their drivers I can hand it over to at my location to bring back to them.
I have called them twice to supply the drivers number so I can move the tv immediately but they said I should exercise patience.
I’m anxious to get the number and move out the tv coz seeing it useless in my living room just adds to the pain.

was referring to this "THEY"..is it the logistic company or Mr salami?

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Freemasonry: 7:23pm On Nov 24, 2020
Basics007:
Sorry about your experience. This is quite sad. You might need to get some military personnel to slap the Mr Salami around a bit. Might look like hard work going to Lagos but if you are really keen on getting justice that's the quickest way to go.
Can you help link me up to a soldier?
Those guys are taking this matter for granted and I need a show of force to reset their brain.
Imagine the owners of the bus company now saying that we should not disturb him, that the tv was not broken by him or his company.
Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Ginaz(f): 9:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
That your friend though , couldn't be have gone to the place the GUO company asked him to? He went to meet the shady salami.

If he had gone there, all these won't have happened.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Foodqueen(f): 5:35am On Nov 25, 2020
The more u want to sue them, the more money u will pay.

Forget about repairing it, the repairer will never get it right

Next time buy your things from your convenience environment. It might be a bit expensive, but if u think it through it will be worth it.

2 Likes

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by popizaino(m): 11:06pm On Mar 19, 2021
Freemasonry:
Hello everyone,

I want to share a recent sad experience in the hopes that someone here will learn, and avoid making a similar mistake, or even suggest how I can quickly resolve the situation.

Terms were agreed over the phone and sent a friend that stays in Lagos to confirm the state of the merchandise, make payment and take delivery.

My guy went and confirmed the tv, I made the transfer and he took the tv to the park to be waybilled to the east.

We had agreed to use GIG logistics, but according to my guy, they refused to accept the item. I suggested GUO logistics, he went there then called me back that they said he should take it to a place where they will package it in a box and weigh it. But because the place was a few poles away from where he was, he said he wouldn’t go. By this time he was already sounding exasperated, and I could understand that I had put him through some inconvenience. A while later, he calls to say that he was going to send it through a shady character by the name of Mr. Salami. To make matters worse these people demanded I pay 20k for my item to be brought safe and sound to Ebonyi state. We tried to negotiate but they were adamant because according to them the tv would occupy three seats, so I paid the 20k and was told that the bus will leave by Saturday evening, and arrive by Sunday morning. Although I had my reservations I couldn’t object much coz my friend was obviously stressed.

Fast forward to Sunday morning, noon and night and no one called me for pickup, so I got worried and called the Mr salami, after I explained who I was and why I was calling, he asked me if I thought Ebonyi was Maryland or Ojota, then he hung up. I was pissed but I reined in my temper and called my guy to please get across to the man to know the status of my waybill.

My friend called me to say mr Salami said we should relax that the item would reach me in an hour. An hour stretched to midnight and before you knew it, it was Monday morning.
I kept calling to know when the item would arrive coz I was anxious, but I was fed a litany of lies about how the driver had arrived at their park in Abakaliki and was probably sleeping off the fatigue of night driving, I said okay.
Eventually the Driver’s number connected and I asked where I could come for pickup, he said he was in Enugu, and that my tv will get to me soon.

Around 3pm Monday I got a call from a different driver that my tv was just given to him for delivery and that he will call me on arrival. I said okay.
As it turned out, the first driver had handed it over to another person to deliver.

4:30pm he called again to say he had arrived. When I got there I saw the tv tied on the roof of the Toyota Sienna with half the protective covering gone. It was pretty obvious that something bad had happened. The driver and I brought it down from the road and behold, the screen was completely shattered.

The sienna driver swore that it was like that when the other driver from Lagos gave it to him. He said he asked them to pay him 4K for the tv to be carried inside the vehicle but they refused and paid 2k for the tv to be conveyed like a log of wood.

My guy has gone to meet with them today to make a formal complaint and ask for indemnity, they called me and said I should send back the tv to Lagos for them to fix. Meanwhile, the guy I bought the tv from and another technician have both passed a beyond-repair verdict on it. We gave them an option to pay 70% of the cost of the tv but they are making excuses.

I’m so angry about the whole thing, and because I’m not in Lagos I don’t really know how I can resolve this matter quickly and get justice. I’m so pissed that the greed of two men destroyed a great tv with an amazing viewing experience.

Please, if anyone here has any useful suggestions to offer me, please do. I’m so confused right now.

Thank you for your time.

PS: This piece will not be complete if I fail to advise everyone reading this to avoid using roadside transport companies for fragile items. This experience has taught me to use either DHL or UPS.

So sorry to hear this.
Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by area74: 12:59am On Mar 20, 2021
Thank you very much for this explanation. As a staff of GIG Logistics, we prioritise the safety and prompt deliveries of our customers' shipments. I am sure that it was very likely that your friend was not willing to follow our processes. We couldn't have rejected the shipment from our customer without any cogent reason.

More so, all our shipments always carry insurance and in case anything goes wrong with it either through missing or damaged shipment, you will be indemnified fully to the value declared at the point of contracting the shipment.

We are still the most reliable logistics company with an extensive networks across Nigeria.

Onlinealaba:
Sorry for the loss and damages, to the best of my knowledge GIG logistics are very careful when it comes to handling and waybiling TVs ,they make sure they send their rep to inspect the TV before packaging and then after packaging they call in a carpenter to construct a wooden crane for the TV which is the best option for transporting a very fragile item like TV, The 20k you payed would have been best with GIG, notwithstanding if the so called Mr Salami is a verified staff of GUO you can report to the management and take up necessary legal actions against him. Once again sorry for the damages

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by princetom1(m): 12:18pm On Mar 26, 2021
area74:
Thank you very much for this explanation. As a staff of GIG Logistics, we prioritise the safety and prompt deliveries of our customers' shipments. I am sure that it was very likely that your friend was not willing to follow our processes. We couldn't have rejected the shipment from our customer without any cogent reason.

More so, all our shipments always carry insurance and in case anything goes wrong with it either through missing or damaged shipment, you will be indemnified fully to the value declared at the point of contracting the shipment.

We are still the most reliable logistics company with an extensive networks across Nigeria.

Easy for u to say but when we get to your parks, we meet all kinds of characters, some of them, telling us they will do it fast, that we shouldn't register it, some at reduced price... Etc, some are just there to frustrate... I have all kinds if experience with your people from yaba branch many a time

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by ebukamat34: 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2021
Reading
Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by seborrhic: 4:23pm On Mar 26, 2021
Just noticed it's last year's post.
How did u resolve it?
Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by wealthtrak: 3:17pm On Jul 14, 2021
Freemasonry:
Hello everyone,

Thank you for your time.

OMG! Sorry about this situation
which took place in late 2020.

Insurance covers are usually
offered by these standard logistics firms. The delicate goods to be shipped are always labelled
"fragile" in secure packaging.

My instincts tell me that the
damage to the TV screen took
place between the point of offloading from the bus at
Abakaliki and the delivery to
your place.

Cheers.
Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by Freemasonry: 5:34pm On Jul 14, 2021
wealthtrak:

OMG! Sorry about this situation
which took place in late 2020.

Insurance covers are usually
offered by these standard logistics firms. The delicate goods to be shipped are always labelled
"fragile" in secure packaging.

My instincts tell me that the
damage to the TV screen took
place between the point of offloading from the bus at
Abakaliki and the delivery to
your place.

Cheers.

Tnx, I believe it got broken by the second sienna driver the original driver from Lagos handed it over to in Enugu.
But it’s in the past now, and I’ve learned my lessons.

1 Like

Re: My Sad Experience With A Shady Logistics Company. by chii8(f): 8:49pm On Jul 14, 2021
Please, when next you wast to do waybill to East from Lagos,go to Young Shall Grow Motors,Cele Park. A Mr,Anayo will take care of your goods, he's very reliable and trustworthy.

He can do waybill to Abuja too.

(1) (Reply)

How Much Of Arguments Is Unhealthy In A Relationship? / What A Man Can Do, A Woman Can Do Better. / If You're A Guy And Have Ever Been Raped, Get In Here And Share Your Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.