Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors (31458 Views)

Don’t Sack Workers Now, FG Begs Private Investor / Dogara Must Cut Ties With PDP —APC Group / N18,000 Minimum Wage No More Realistic –oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by urchmanx(m): 6:45am On Dec 04, 2015
Crownvillar:

I agree with most of what you have written, but the part I don't get is: Why do we have to wait for decentralisation, regional government or true federalism? What is stopping any Governor/State government from diversifying and maximising their own internal income in the present political climate? Is it impossible for the states to create wealth in present day Nigeria?
Yes dear it is near impossible for any state in this present arrangement to creat wealth except the wealth was created but chance like the state of Lagos which has advantage which I am not mentioning. Nigeria states are like the sons and daughters of a rich billionaire who gives his children billions to spend without mending what they are doing with it. The will turn out to be lazy and wait for the monthly pay out other than investing the money.
We Nigerians should advocate for decentralized government. You will see more of commitment from the grassroots because we will now hold them accountabile for our common wealth.
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by shoboy9: 6:47am On Dec 04, 2015
Whose fault? We should stop paying politicians in this country to reduce corruption. And more importantly, anyone in political office and their family and close associates should be banned from contract awards. We cant put honey jar in front of thieves and continue to hope that we will find honey when we wake in the morning.
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by Bwaal(m): 6:56am On Dec 04, 2015
reduce ur pocket nt the public fund
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by bigtoyin(m): 6:57am On Dec 04, 2015
Ds pple are really in sane imagine dat have they ones sat on how to reduse their own salary? Wat a thief leaders we have

1 Like

Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 04, 2015
Now that's the change you all voted for.enjoy it while it lasts....atleast GEJ didn't cut jobs or reduce workers salaries....to all those shouting "change"...."Sai Buhari", I wish this situation hits you all the most....nonsense!!! undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by sweatlana: 7:08am On Dec 04, 2015
Wicked apc governors wicked apc president angry
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 04, 2015
Nigerian youths should see this as a time and opportunity to evoke a revolt and lynch our governors and public officials....they are of no use to us..now is the time to unanimously descend on our inept leaders....lets leave tribe aside and do this.... angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by idima(m): 7:22am On Dec 04, 2015
Go and generate funds
must it be oil
invest and practice other sources of revenue and u find the nation growing.
oil oil oil oil
.....common sense ........
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by pawesome(m): 7:22am On Dec 04, 2015
Edjots..y is it always bout minimum wage.?..frm d english 'minimum' means its small.lets forget bout dt n talk bout d govrrnors n commissioners maximum wage..reduce maximum wage n c if u cnt pay more dn the minimum wage..afterall most f dem use dsame sec sch cert..edjots
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by faghoshe(m): 7:23am On Dec 04, 2015
As Received : "You've got to read this Excerpts from an interview with a Jewish leader about Blacks.

INTERVIEWER:
Why are blacks so behind Economically?

JEWISH LEADER:
The only thing blacks understand is Consumption. Blacks don't understand the importance of creating and building wealth.

The fundamental rule is to keep your money within your racial group. We the Jews build Jewish business, hire Jewish, buy Jewish and spend Jewish. There is nothing wrong with that but it is a basic rule blacks cannot comprehend and follow; "He kills his fellow blacks daily instead of wanting to see his fellow black do succeed" 93% of blacks killed in America are by other blacks.

Their leaders steal from their people and send the money back to their colonial master from whom they borrow the same money from.

Every successful black want to spend his money in the country of his colonial masters. They go on holiday abroad, buy houses abroad, school abroad, go for medical treatment abroad etc instead of spending this money in their own country to benefit their people.

Statistics show that the Jew's money exchanges hands 18 times before leaving his community while for blacks it is probably a maximum of once or even zero.

Only 6% of black money goes back into their community. This is why Jews are at the top and blacks are at the bottom of every ladder of society.

Instead of buying Louis Vuitton, Hermes, expensive cars, shoes, houses, dresses etc, blacks could industralize Africa, build banks and get rid of colonial institutions by putting them out of business.

INTERVIEWER:
What is your thought on failure of blacks after 150yrs?

JEWISH LEADER:
Well, nothing is ever the blackman's fault. His compulsive habit of killing his own, compulsive material consumption. His inability to build businesses or preserve wealth are usually somebody else's fault.

INTERVIEWER:
So what can blacks do to liberate themselves

JEWISH LEADER: Blacks must take responsibility. Blacks must unite. And vehemently fight corrupt leaders who run down their country and run to IMF as though IMF is Father Christmas.

Pls. forward this until it goes round the continent of Africa.
We all need to learn our lessons quick and build our Nation."

1 Like

Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 04, 2015
That is the change.
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by Stylaay(m): 7:36am On Dec 04, 2015
When we vote based on sentiments, we voted any tom dick and harry that shouted change without critically analysing what the individual candidates have for the masses. We still go ahead to fight ourselves, even kill ourselves for the political class. The Nigerian political class are the real enemy of the masses not your fellow Nigerian from another tribe. When they get there they think of themselves and families and not of the common man on the street. Do these governors know the abundant opportunities that exist in their States that can generate IGR? Make them wait na. When the poor is hungry the rich cannot sleep. Very soon na from outside Nigeria them go dey rule us cause the heat will be too hot for them. If u see the opulence these governors exude you will agree with me they need to have their heads examined
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by SIRTee15: 7:38am On Dec 04, 2015
Crownvillar:

I agree with most of what you have written, but the part I don't get is: Why do we have to wait for decentralisation, regional government or true federalism? What is stopping any Governor/State government from diversifying and maximising their own internal income in the present political climate? Is it impossible for the states to create wealth in present day Nigeria?

the truth is the unitary system of government we practice made most unviable and unproductive.
no matter the best intention of any governor, the ability to maximize the full potentials of his state is limited.
nigeria is too centralized.
all crucial economic and fiscal policies emanates from abuja and the states must oblige.
what the governors should demand for is true federalism, let there be devolution of power and allow the governors enjoy some level of autonomy.
telling the governors to increase IGR without the above measures will only lead to burdensome taxation and dubious levies on the people of the states.
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by Haryohdeji(m): 7:44am On Dec 04, 2015
SNEAKING
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by psalmistkakah(m): 7:47am On Dec 04, 2015
Nobody shod complain afta all u people voted 4 change..d change has com in d opposite direction....chew up witout drinking water...
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by jamesbridget13(f): 7:59am On Dec 04, 2015
This governors re sick in d brain. Why not stop hiring either through back or front door which is not even cool but better than downsizing. After all people they retire every now n then. Corruption still dey sweet una i see! Thank God i dey under rivers o
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by 247notire(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2015
Crownvillar:

Decentralisation of government here means accruing less money and powers to the FG and more to State governments. The FG is gulping too much of our resources while not having any impact really on the common man that a state government could not have hitherto handled. Another important item in the Recommendations is the creation of more states in the SE and SS to balance the lingering lopsidedeness. Infact the day I lost hope in Buhari is the day he decided to dump the recommendations of the last NC. That is whr our solutions lie, that was our last hope. This is the only reason why I canvassed for GEJ cos I saw all this turmoil coming... May God help us...
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by compujyde: 8:22am On Dec 04, 2015
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by daytal: 8:29am On Dec 04, 2015
emamos:
.http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/why-we-must-cut-n18-000-minimum-wage-or-sack-workers-govs/
This is to tell us that this our Leaders are after what they can gain and not contributing meaningfully to the welfare of Nigerian. GOD,We are tired of same recycled wicked and selfish people,give us compassionate and positive thinking Leaders.
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by MartialArt2(m): 8:30am On Dec 04, 2015
This F.U.CKing country is a F.U.CKing joke menh. F.U.C'K u all

1 Like

Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by GEJPosterity: 8:33am On Dec 04, 2015
Crownvillar:

Yes, it is impossible because the current unitary structure of Nigeria makes it illegal for states to exploit their own economic resources and create their own competitive advantage. Everything belongs to Abuja. So for example Enugu cannot mine its own coal or steel, Kogi cannot mine its limestone. Osun cannot mine its gold and Zamfara cannot mine its Uranium. Everything belongs to the solid minerals ministry in Abuja so all the states can do is collect taxes on commercial activities, collect monthly federal allocations and borrow from financial institutions.

This was the structural imbalance that Jonathan's national conference addressed in its totality but we know who made sure he never got a chance to implement it because all that fills their brains after marrying little girls is oil, oil, oil and more oil.

1 Like

Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by clefstone(m): 8:44am On Dec 04, 2015
marwanafrica:

and wicked as well, our own govnor we hvnt evn feel his impact evn for once the guy is abt to make us regret, Niger state
and when u guys were insulting Talban I kept warning you but u wouldn't listen
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by 400billionman: 8:54am On Dec 04, 2015
You governors are a bunch of mismanagers.

So if true federalism comes into place, these states without oil deposits will go bankrupt ?
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by marwanafrica: 8:57am On Dec 04, 2015
clefstone:
and when u guys were insulting Talban I kept warning you but u wouldn't listen
Talba is a noice maker dat steals frm us at 80% and work wit 20% and stop anybody frm talking, infact talba was truely a bad man but his initial tenure is better dan this of lolo, lolo is trying to show us that he is incompetent
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by ransomed: 9:08am On Dec 04, 2015
Some unproductive, parasitic States should be merged. Any governor calling for reduction of salaries/retrenchment should resign.
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by pinky1974: 9:33am On Dec 04, 2015
From Frying Pan into Fire
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by Dela007(m): 9:39am On Dec 04, 2015
APPLY FOR THE PROLIST ANNUAL SALARY PROMO!!
WIN ₦200,000 MONTHLY SALARY FOR 12
MONTHS.

Prolist is building the largest open directory of
verified professionals in Nigeria. Apply now and
qualify to win the ₦200,000 monthly salary for 12
months. In simple terms, you stand a chance to
be paid ₦200,000 every month for one year only
as soon as you apply.
This is meant for graduates, professionals and
Executives.
This is also open to new and existing Prolist
members, APPLY NOW BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW!!

https:///K0sfJR
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by notmywill: 9:49am On Dec 04, 2015
I'm not surprised by this.
They aren't intelligent enough to think outside their bellies.
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by MCRUEMUS: 9:53am On Dec 04, 2015
IF YOU CANT PAY RESIGN
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by danidee10(m): 10:05am On Dec 04, 2015
I don't even know what to say....these pple are mad, stupid. Foolish, insensitive bastards...the best thing to do will be to freeze all their accounts and slash their salary to 18k let's see how they can cope for 3months.........idiots angry angry angry
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by aneeyh: 11:25am On Dec 04, 2015
we pray for a better Nigeria.
Re: We Must Cut N18,000 Minimum Wage Or Sack Workers — Governors by k2kay(m): 12:15pm On Dec 04, 2015
I agree on one condition....let all governors, senators, political office holders et al be paid the minimum wage as well. Arrant nonsense!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atiku’s Dramatic Emergence Causes Panic In Tinubu’s Camp / Fashola Moves To Power Schools, Hospitals With Solar. PICS / Omisore Campaigns In Adeleke’s Town, Receives Timi Of Ede’s Royal Blessings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.