Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Would Soldiers Be Killing Northerners Is They Had The Oil? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would Soldiers Be Killing Northerners Is They Had The Oil? (659 Views)

New Efcc, Inec Bosses Still Northerners, Is Buhari Living The Sardauna Dream? / Should Soldiers Be Deployed For The 2015 Elections? / How Can Sick Soldiers Be In Full Regalia In Hospital Bed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would Soldiers Be Killing Northerners Is They Had The Oil? by mccloud224(m): 11:39pm On May 29, 2009
Everyday, we hear news about the ongoing violence in the niger delta.From kidnappings to shootouts with the JTF.Some Nigerians support things.Some don't.I'm not inclined to violence but if 50% of nigeria should take up the cause and be militant like the ND boys, nigeria will be like France in the next 10-20 years (i'm not talking about the kidnapping for ransom part but taking action in ways other than dialogue).

Why do i say this?The nigerian slave masters have let us understand that they don't give a hoot about anyone either here or abroad except their own pockets.Several years back, a man called Ken Saro Wiwa took up the cause of the niger delta in a diplomatic manner.What became of him?He was hung to death.The ND boys fully understand the mentality of our so called leaders and the only thing they understand is force and that is exactly what they are applying.

It's true that the militants have graduated from fighting for the region's cause to fighting for their selfish gain but i believe that if the problem had been tackled from the onset, this crisis would have been contained long ago.It's the nonchalant attitude of our so called rulers that have led us to this state.

So i ask, if the northerners were the ones with the oil and the south had nothing, do you think they would send soldiers to kill their own and raze down villages?Do you think Nigeria would exist as it is if they were the ones with the oil and the ruling class as well?Do you think the resource sharing would be the same as it is being done right now?Please drop your comments coz i personally feel this is the greatest injustice of all time.
Re: Would Soldiers Be Killing Northerners Is They Had The Oil? by debosky(m): 11:41pm On May 29, 2009
Question: Would Soldiers Be Killing Northerners Is They Had The Oil?

Answer: Yes

Example: Zaki Biam

This is not about oil per se - no one kills soldiers impudently in Nigeria and gets away with it.
Re: Would Soldiers Be Killing Northerners Is They Had The Oil? by mccloud224(m): 11:51pm On May 29, 2009
I know about the Zaki Biam issue and Benue is more less the middle belt.I mean if it was somewhere like kano,katsina or sokoto.Besides the Zaki Biam was an issue of sort and not like what's going on in the niger delta region.The ND boys didnt just decide to starting killing soldiers one day.This is the result of an untreated sore in our system that we let develop into something else.Also, they wouldn't have shot at soldiers without some provocation of sorts.
Re: Would Soldiers Be Killing Northerners Is They Had The Oil? by debosky(m): 5:51am On Jun 01, 2009
Your question was about soldiers. The soldiers are 'avenging' their dead comrades - be it ANYWHERE in Nigeria this will be the exct same response.

'Provocation' should not lead to killing of 12 soldiers - that is a declaration of hostilities.

Have 12 soldiers been killed in Kano or Sokoto? If they have then you will find a similar response has occurred.
Re: Would Soldiers Be Killing Northerners Is They Had The Oil? by Sagamite(m): 6:14am On Jun 01, 2009
If anyone raises a gun against the state, harass, kidnap and rape citizens in the region, display their moronic arrogance and are boisterous about how they will deal with the national security forces, kill several innocent Nigerians in their day to day activities then YES the government will and should send resources to finish them off.

This was the same outcome when there were some stupid morons that called themselves Nigerian Taliban in the north. They did less than a tenth of what the militants common criminals in the Niger Delta did before they were crushed.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is More Corrupt? - The Nigerian Police Or Power Holding (aka Nepa) / Is Fashola Worth The Praise? Or Past Military Experienece Makes People Praise H / Does Kwara State Generate Her Own Electricity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.