Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic (6087 Views)

Igalas Will Not Go With Arewa Republic / "Peter Obi Campaigning For 2019" Nigerians React To Peter Obi Platform Speech / Roasted Plantain Seller Campaigning For PDP In Ondo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by LRNZH(m): 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
EmoBoy:

You are a typical Nigerian, who unconsciously never wishes his country well.

The untold economic hardship facing Nigerians is caused by the faulty foundations of the country, everything else comes second. Nigeria has been on a perpetual arab spring since 1966. The country has not progressed since then. Military men have run the country to the ground and shaken the foundations which the founding fathers have laid. I want the Nigeria which Azikiwe, Awo et al fought for and not this ragtag country.

If your backup plan has not worked for sixteen years, why will it work in the next fifty years? This is exactly my problem with Nigerians, you people never learn.

And forget about the Niger Delta, nobody cares about the Niger Delta.

What do you mean nobody cares about the Niger Delta? That's how you people that agitate for Biafra look down on the people of the SS.

Go and read how long it took established countries like China, USA, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Australia, Japan, Singapore to be what they are today.

Brazil. Russia, India, South Africa are still struggling to get there and they have been practising continous democracy for greater than 16 years.

I wish Nigeria well, that's why I am trying to help you reason yourself out of the moronic idea of secession.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by EmoBoy(m): 7:00pm On Dec 04, 2015
LRNZH:

What do you mean nobody cares about the Niger Delta? That's how you people that agitate for Biafra look down on the people of the SS.

Go and read how long it took established countries like China, USA, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Australia, Japan, Singapore to be what they are today.

Brazil. Russia, India, South Africa are still struggling to get there and they have been practising continous democracy for greater than 16 years.

I wish Nigeria well, that's why I am trying to help you reason out of the moronic idea of secession.

The Western world does not care about the Niger Delta. I'm a Niger Deltan myself.

The same excuse you people keep giving is by saying we should study how long it took other countries to get to where they are. Hey, that was then and not now. The world has changed and the world is still changing fast. If we call ourselves a nation, we should be looking at how we should structure our country to enable us develop as fast as possible but are we doing that? No!

I would want Nigeria to succeed but if want to continue as a country, we have to do it well. We must have a proper constitution and every ethnic nation must agree to the abide by it and pledge to contribute to the development of the country.

The secession idea is not moronic. Countries have seceded all over the world, some succeeded and progressed while some failed.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by LRNZH(m): 7:15pm On Dec 04, 2015
EmoBoy:

The Western world does not care about the Niger Delta. I'm a Niger Deltan myself.

The same excuse you people keep giving is by saying we should study how long it took other countries to get to where they are. Hey, that was then and not now. The world has changed and the world is still changing fast. If we call ourselves a nation, we should be looking at how we should structure our country to enable us develop as fast as possible but are we doing that? No!

I would want Nigeria to succeed but if want to continue as a country, we have to do it well. We must have a proper constitution and every ethnic nation must agree to the abide by it and pledge to contribute to the development of the country.

The secession idea is not moronic. Countries have seceded all over the world, some succeeded and progressed while some failed.

That was the question I asked you in the beginning. Countries that have seceded in recent times, how are they fairing? Give me all the countries that seceeded in the past 50 years and how they're fairing today.

Look to be honest with you, if Biafra were to happen today, no one has a plan how the system will run.... Regulatory system, power sharing, law enforcement, banking and finance protocol, national security etc.

It is better to fix what we have today than to think that reinventing the wheel will solve our problems. What the SE is undergoing in Nigeria is not any worse than what the rest of the country is undergoing. In fact the SS is worse than the SE yet no agitations.

I assure you that the Igbos are shooting themselves in the foot politically but they don't know. How can you trust an Igbo man/woman to be Nigeria's president when secession is all he/she is thinking of?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by EmoBoy(m): 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2015
LRNZH:

That was the question I asked you in the beginning. Countries that have seceded in recent times, how are they fairing? Give me all the countries that seceeded in the past 50 years and how they're fairing today.

Look to be honest with you, if Biafra were to happen today, no one has a plan how the system will run.... Regulatory system, power sharing, law enforcement, banking and finance protocol, national security etc.

It is better to fix what we have today than to think that reinventing the wheel will solve our problems. What the SE is undergoing in Nigeria is not any worse than what the rest of the country is undergoing. In fact the SS is worse than the SE yet no agitations.

I assure you that the Igbos are shooting themselves in the foot politically but they don't know. How can you trust an Igbo man/woman to be Nigeria's president when secession is all he/she is thinking of?

The proper question is that if there is a secession, will Nigeria be better than the seceding country? If Biafra or Oduduwa republic is declared tomorrow, will Nigeria be better than Biafra or Oduduwa republic? The answer is no.

Nigeria at its current state is a failed country. That is a fact.

Yes, it is better we fix what we have but are we ready to fix them? The answer is no. Tribal politics, hatred and ignorance won't let us fix our problems.

A vast majority of Nigerians don't even acknowledge that these are our problems. In fact, most Nigerians don't even know what the problems of the country are. Nigerians don't know what necessary tools and ingredients are necessary to develop a country.

Who told you there's no plan on how to run Biafra and even if there isn't any, isthat a major concern?

The idea of an Igbo president is as a result of the faulty foundations and frameworks laid by military juntas. Besides, if Nigerians could vote a sharia promoting Buhari, what stops from voting a secessionist? Nigerians are so ignorant that they can vote a fish to be president.

The crux of the matter is that the way the country was setup to run by military men is hindering the progress of the country and nobody is thinking about fixing this fundamental problem.

5 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
LRNZH:

[b]Kai these my black brothers...you need everything to be explained to you in black & white!

Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Jordan. Only Tunisia achieved the object of the Arab Spring. While Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Jordan saw no changes, Libya, Egypt and Syria are worse off today.

That's a success rate of 1/7 or 14%. If you are asked to invest your life savings in a business venture with a chances of making profit at 1/7, chance of making loss of 3/7 (43%) or you will not make loss or profit chance of 3/7 (43%), will you make such an investment? No, that is if you have sense.

That's exactly what you're doing with Biafra. What is your fall back plan if Biafra doesn't turn out as planned?

Another example is to look at countries that seceded recently in Africa ...South Sudan, Eritrea... Are they better off than they were before they seceeded?

You can fix a steady democracy over time but you will have more difficulty directing how a secession will go. Is it Nnamdi Kanu that will be the first president of these Biafra of your dreams? Ordinary MASSOB and IPOB can't even agree on your strategy. What will happen to Ekweremadu, Anyim, Obiano, Peter Obi, Okorocha, Ngige, Onu etc in this Biafra?

You people have not thought this thing through.[/b]
I don't know what you mean by steady democracy in nigeria because I dnt see any form of steadiness in the nigerian democracy. The nation was built on lies with the population census rigged to favor the north giving them some form of upper hand especially in the area of policy making, as if that wasn't enough they followed it up with the divide and rule tactics in the south by south I mean the SE and SS with igbos the greatest victims. Now crown it up with the born to rule mentality of the north amongst other forms of vicissitudes and there your have your nigeria. That's why today a confab report that can move your supposed democracy forward and bring about progress can be rejected and nothing will happen.
While we re still on democracy the present status quo suggests that nigeria has taken some steps backward in democracy and that's why human rights are being violated almost on a daily basis with impunity and what's the latest one a supposed bill to indirectly impede on the basic human right of speech and expression.
What is your first instinct? To wait for four years so you can score the present administration. Yea! Nigeria has been waiting for four years sometimes eight years and each time they found out at the end of the administration how stupid they were
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by LRNZH(m): 9:13pm On Dec 04, 2015
VonBismark:
I don't know what you mean by steady democracy in nigeria because I dnt see any form of steadiness in the nigerian democracy. The nation was built on lies with the population census rigged to favor the north giving them some form of upper hand especially in the area of policy making, as if that wasn't enough they followed it up with the divide and rule tactics in the south by south I mean the SE and SS with igbos the greatest victims. Now crown it up with the born to rule mentality of the north amongst other forms of vicissitudes and there your have your nigeria. That's why today a confab report that can move your supposed democracy forward and bring about progress can be rejected and nothing will happen.
While we re still on democracy the present status quo suggests that nigeria has taken some steps backward in democracy and that's why human rights are being violated almost on a daily basis with impunity and what's the latest one a supposed bill to indirectly impede on the basic human right of speech and expression.
What is your first instinct? To wait for four years so you can score the present administration. Yea! Nigeria has been waiting for four years sometimes eight years and each time they found out at the end of the administration how stupid they were

Many Nigerians still have hopes of a better Nigeria unlike you. Don't worry maybe one day you will witness a refugee crisis with this your Biafra dream.
Then you will appreciate where we are and why we need to put effort in what we have to get to where we want to be.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by macof(m): 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
LRNZH:
None of you agitating people is a serious human being

Which of you has been able to manage your ordinary states properly. Which state is truly sustainable if oil stops flowing in Nigeria today?

In all honesty no region can manage itself based on how the states have fared so far.

The best run states are in the SW but we all know that all their revenue are tied to Nigeria's oil industry directly or not. If Oodua Republic goes on its own, it will lose the oil businesses from the Nigeria Delta and other ancillary businesses like oil servicing, banking and IT that benefit from the oil industry. It will be like Benin Republic but it may be worse off because theres no Nigeria to rely on for car imports revenue.

I pity you guys. We better put all hands on deck and make Nigeria work. Our diversity and strategic position in Africa is our best chance as a race.

Lalasticlala come and see how Nigerians reason....

Oodua has oil in lagos and Ondo states...and with the possibility of Itsekiri joining Oodua

So banking can only function in a country with large oil reserves? Pls I need an answer to this question. .

Yorubas have agriculture, tourism, entertainment, art and textile, natural resources including crude oil and gold, we have access to the ocean, countless rivers and waterways plus our illustrious human resources

We don't need non yoruba Niger delta oil

What has our diversity given us so far? What has our position in Africa given us? How much better is nigeria than Benin Republic?
Just look at a country where nothing works, nothing! There's only resentment, bigotry, urge for political dominance, lack of nationalism/patriotism. All this will end in a homogeneous state under an independent government

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 04, 2015
LRNZH:

Many Nigerians still have hopes of a better Nigeria unlike you. Don't worry maybe one day you will witness a refugee crisis with this your Biafra dream.
Then you will appreciate where we are and why we need to put effort in what we have to get to where we want to be.
I sense an overwhelming reluctance to change for fear of unknown that's why you insist on nigeria remaining one.
Yea its a Biafran dream, Martin Luther also had a dream. The nigerians that have hope can keep up with their hope but one thing is for sure if it didn't work for 55 years its never gonna work in the next 55. If you re gonna practice democracy practice it in full there should be no in between because you re either in a democratic setting or you re not, that's where your idea of steady democracy comes in.
And don't worry there won't be a refugee crisis

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by Naijacitizen(m): 9:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
auwal87:

Godiya nake. I hope it's sweet.

Kwarai kuwa. Just take a dandano kawai.
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by LRNZH(m): 9:32pm On Dec 04, 2015
macof:

Oodua has oil in lagos and Ondo states...and with the possibility of Itsekiri joining Oodua

So banking can only function in a country with large oil reserves? Pls I need an answer to this question. .

Yorubas have agriculture, tourism, entertainment, art and textile, natural resources including crude oil and gold, we have access to the ocean, countless rivers and waterways plus our illustrious human resources

What has our diversity given us so far? What has our position in Africa given us? How much better is nigeria than Benin Republic?
Just look at a country where nothing works, nothing! There's only resentment, bigotry, urge for political dominance, lack of nationalism/patriotism. All this will end in a homogeneous state under an independent government

Lool you make me laugh! Why are the banks crying because of TSA? All the government monies in commercial banks come from oil sales in case you are not aware.

If you shut down the oil industry in Nigeria today, even groundnut seller business will feel the heat. That's why Nigeria is a mono economy and we have been screaming for diversification.

I will like to know the volume of discovered oil reserves in Oodua Reoublic today let's compare notes.

How much is cocoa or cotton commodity price today? Lool.

It is easy to speak that Yoruba can do without Nigeria but all the IGR (taxes) that Lagos rely on are oil related directly or indirectly. Ever since the militancy chased many oil companies from PH and Warri, alot of them are HQ'd in Lagos. Their taxes and enoloyment will go away in Oodua Republic. Think of the mulitplier effect.
That's why I say Oodua will be like Benin Republic at best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by Omololu007(m): 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
macof:

that guy just they yearn trash,,we don't even need the itsekiris to survive,,yorubas will survive without Nigeria,we are ready for division..we have oil,bitumen,land for agriculture,industry,population etc....I even believe we yorubas would have achieve more than dis if we are not part of Nigeria...how many years does it take qatar,UAE,singapore,indonesia,maleysia etc to get to where they are...can you imagine Nigeria a country that is more than 50yrs and we can't celebrate 24hrs power supply...dis country is trash.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by macof(m): 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
auwal87:
For those who joined Nairaland Forum long enough, they will know that there was once an active campaign for the creation Arewa Republic from Nigeria. It was gathering momentum and gaining supporters daily, one of them even printed more than 3000 copies of an article I wrote and distributed in Kaduna, I had a chat with an SS on FB whom doesn't know I know he is SS because I was told he is going to contact me. I started receiving PMs of people showing their support and sometimes conversations gets hot until I slow them down. We even created flag, borders, etc. An anonymous caller even said they are ready to sacrifice their lives for the cause, and that they are waiting for my order, note the word 'they', which means the caller is not alone.

I and many others who campaign on this forum for the creation Arewa Republic are doing so entirely out of frustration from mostly Southerners calling us parasites, we do not intend to take the campaign any further, it was what you can call an empty campaign, no one will even believe what I was saying in the outside world because of the way I defend Nigeria so vigorously. I had to stop the campaign after the emergence of violent Boko Haram because it would have been very easy for the security agency to link up the campaign with the violent Boko Haram movement as a more dangerous narrative of the campaign started gaining momentum as well, that is Islamic Republic of Arewa.

While I have interest in having a country where I don't have to force anyone to share with my cultures and values, and also not be forced to share anyone's culture or value, I also accept that creating country is not a small task, it can lead to war, bloodshed, and loss of properties. I also thought it will be easier for Arewa to be a State under the proposed United Africa, than to be on its own, with its own currency, military, etc. I think that the most important discussion we should be having now is uniting Africa, not creating small countries that will fail in a few years. Think about it, a United Africa, where you can travel from Lagos to Zanzibar without borders, or from Tripoli to Accra without need for visa, think of the economic advantages, where goods manufactured in PortHarcourt can land in Dakar without customs or the fish in Morocco can be transported to Arewa by rail. Yes, it is just in my dreams, but a lot safer and more possible than creating a small country from Nigeria.

Africa can become a great country, afterall, lots of people thought Africa is a country.

Unification of africa can only come in one of two ways
1. One country completes a military conquest of all african states
2. Pan-africanism develops around the continent, but at that point, we would have to let go of bigotry, urge for political dominance etc. If we cannot even manage a nigeria (mini africa) how can we manage an africa under one government?

First things first, We need to reconstruct our boarders, all these abominable boarders created by the Europeans without our consent. . We need to construct homogeneous nations as best we can before talking of putting a project for a united africa into motion

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by macof(m): 9:35pm On Dec 04, 2015
twosquare:
A recipe for one world government. Between now and 2030...Africa will most likely be reduced to 8 countries.
really? Are we ready for it?
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by OFFICIAL336: 9:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
LRNZH:

[b]Kai these my black brothers...you need everything to be explained to you in black & white!

Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Syria, Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain and Jordan. Only Tunisia achieved the object of the Arab Spring. While Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Jordan saw no changes, Libya, Egypt and Syria are worse off today.

That's a success rate of 1/7 or 14%. If you are asked to invest your life savings in a business venture with a chances of making profit at 1/7, chance of making loss of 3/7 (43%) or you will not make loss or profit chance of 3/7 (43%), will you make such an investment? No, that is if you have sense.

That's exactly what you're doing with Biafra. What is your fall back plan if Biafra doesn't turn out as planned?

Another example is to look at countries that seceded recently in Africa ...South Sudan, Eritrea... Are they better off than they were before they seceeded?

You can fix a steady democracy over time but you will have more difficulty directing how a secession will go. Is it Nnamdi Kanu that will be the first president of these Biafra of your dreams? Ordinary MASSOB and IPOB can't even agree on your strategy. What will happen to Ekweremadu, Anyim, Obiano, Peter Obi, Okorocha, Ngige, Onu etc in this Biafra?

You people have not thought this thing through.[/b]
It is non of your business oga. If we decide to kill ourselves after achieving Biafra, it is still better than being in a country your government will wake up one day and start shooting unarmed protesters. Don't wail for us, we can take care of ourselves. I was a Pro-Nigerian until the massacre at PH. I gave up on this nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by OFFICIAL336: 9:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
LRNZH:

Go to hell with ur Presidency. Nobody wants to be the President of a Zoo except Baboons and Monkeys #RisingSun

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by LRNZH(m): 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2015
OFFICIAL336:

Go to hell with ur Presidency. Nobody wants to be the President of a Zoo except Baboons and Monkeys #RisingSun

Loser mentality. You can't be adept in politics with that mentality.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by macof(m): 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2015
EmoBoy:

What an ignorant comment

1. Nigerian states have economic, legal and institutional limitations
2. Most Nigerian states were created by ignorant and shortsighted military rulers.
3. Nigerian States cannot sustain themselves because they have been structured to be parasitic.
4. Nigeria has been operating as an illegal country from 1966 till date. That is why the country is totally messed up.
5. A country does not grow on the back of injustice, inequality, hatred and greed.
6. If certain sections of the country believe they can prosper as a sovereign nation, they have every right to pursue their aim.
7. Nigeria at its present state is not much better than the Benin Republic you mentioned in your comment. The two countries are on the same developmental phase both human and infrastructural.
8. You, like a vast majority of Nigerians are totally ignorant of the core problems facing Nigeria. You rather wait every four years to vote a "good president" to salvage your useless country rather than agitate to fix the fundamental issues hindering the progress of the country.

Good points.

A country built on corruption, extortion gimmicks and resentment can never make anything of itself.
Look at the very foundation of Nigeria. ..so pathetic
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 04, 2015
EmoBoy:

You are a typical Nigerian, who unconsciously never wishes his country well.

The untold economic hardship facing Nigerians is caused by the faulty foundations of the country, everything else comes second. Nigeria has been on a perpetual arab spring since 1966. The country has not progressed since then. Military men have run the country to the ground and shaken the foundations which the founding fathers have laid. I want the Nigeria which Azikiwe, Awo et al fought for and not this ragtag country.

If your backup plan has not worked for sixteen years, why will it work in the next fifty years? This is exactly my problem with Nigerians, you people never learn.

And forget about the Niger Delta, nobody cares about the Niger Delta.

I may just follow you to keep up with your posts.

You and I share the same mind state about Nigeria going by what you've written thus far on this thread.
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
macof:

Lol. . .this guy no go kill me.

Oodua has all these and SW states have not become London?

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by macof(m): 9:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
LRNZH:

I will give you a very simple example: the Arab Spring. How many countries have come out of it in one piece?

Steady Democracy has a better chance of success in nation building than revolution. Go and check history.

Our 4th republic is a baby...just 16 years old. We are focusing on the wrong solution by asking for secession.

How many countries with steady democracy never went through a revolution? A bloody one at that? ?
NOT That I support bloody revolution but I think the truth of reality and our existence as human beings prompt a "by any means necessary" action for what we want and need. Nigeria should just not let it get to the extent of "bloody"...9 have died already. .I don't wish for us to count more
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by macof(m): 9:59pm On Dec 04, 2015
EmoBoy:

Tunisia even after the Arab spring still has a better HDI ranking than Nigeria, so whats your point? We are now sixteen years in a democracy but the country is still not developing. Doesn't that tell you that something is fundamentally wrong with Nigeria?

Secession is one of the solutions to solve our teething problems, it is not the only solution. Steady democracy that is built on injustice, inequity, hatred and greed will stand no chance of success in a million years and that is why Nigeria will not develop.

Nicely put.

The very foundation of Nigeria is abominable, not even in a million years will nigeria give Nigerians what we want...heck! We all want different and sometimes opposing things
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by LRNZH(m): 10:03pm On Dec 04, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Lol. . .this guy no go kill me.

Oodua has all these and SW states have not become London?

You dey mind these people? They will not undertake indepth analysis before making unsubstantiated claims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by Curlieweed: 10:09pm On Dec 04, 2015
macof:

I have to thank you again. I don't understand why these defenders of the current status quo think that countries cannot survive without oil. There are several examples of successful nations all over the globe, some with very little fungible natural resource. I have repeatedly said it elsewhere that any group of determined people can form a successful state. The examples are legion. Examples of literally failed states with enormous resources equally abound.

You mentioned one key ingredient in making successful states, NATIONALISM. A situation where trained members of a national volunteer army repeatedly run from poorly armed ragtag insurgents should tell you the extent of nationalist fervour in our country. You can't fake it, neither can you inculcate it with propaganda. You can't import it with Niger Delta petrodollars and you can't get the Chinese to manufacture it for you.

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by OFFICIAL336: 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
LRNZH:

Loser mentality. You can't be adept in politics with that mentality.
Just like I sai before, go to HELL with your Presidency.
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by hahn(m): 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
LRNZH:

You dey mind these people? They will not undertake indepth analysis before making unsubstantiated claims.

I believe one of our major problems is the fact that we fail to face the reality of our problems. Everyone is more comfortable with creating a sort of psychological cushion by believing and relying on beer palour gists and wishful thinking undecided
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by LRNZH(m): 10:23pm On Dec 04, 2015
hahn:

I believe one of our major problems is the fact that we fail to face the reality of our problems. Everyone is more comfortable with creating a sort of psychological cushion by believing and relying on beer palour gists and wishful thinking undecided

Double post
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by LRNZH(m): 10:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
hahn:

Alot of people on this side of the world are mentally lazy!

After seeing how states allocations are squandered year in year out, someone will sit down and assume that a brand new country will just wish away all our previous corrupt antecedents and problems. We need to get the basic right where we are.

Is it not the same Dasuki, Dokpesi, Fayose, Aregbe, Atiku, Bala Mohammed, Tompolo, GEJ, Odili, Asari, Ekweremadu, Peter Obi, Saraki etc that will be in the newly formed countries?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by hahn(m): 10:32pm On Dec 04, 2015
LRNZH:

Double post

undecided

LRNZH:

After seeing how states allocations are squandered year in year out, someone will sit down and assume that a brand new country will just wish away all our previous corrupt antecedents and problems. We need to get the basic right where we are.
Is it not the same Dasuki, Dokpesi, Fayose, Aregbe, Atiku, Bala Mohammed, Tompolo, GEJ, Odili, Asari, Ekweremadu, Peter Obi, Saraki etc that will be in the newly formed countries?

I just tire. When we should be talking of uniting Africa under one common goal and ideal people are contemplating secession undecided

A lot of Nigerians have traded common sense with religious belief. Expecting things to just change overnight is basically the same as expecting a miracle unmerited favor undecided
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by macof(m): 11:02pm On Dec 04, 2015
LRNZH:

Lool you make me laugh! Why are the banks crying because of TSA? All the government monies in commercial banks come from oil sales in case you are not aware.

If you shut down the oil industry in Nigeria today, even groundnut seller business will feel the heat. That's why Nigeria is a mono economy and we have been screaming for diversification.

I will like to know the volume of discovered oil reserves in Oodua Reoublic today let's compare notes.

How much is cocoa or cotton commodity price today? Lool.

It is easy to speak that Yoruba can do without Nigeria but all the IGR (taxes) that Lagos rely on are oil related directly or indirectly. Ever since the militancy chased many oil companies from PH and Warri, alot of them are HQ'd in Lagos. Their taxes and enoloyment will go away in Oodua Republic. Think of the mulitplier effect.

This is only so due to the failure of Nigeria as a state. A country with plans diversifies it's economy, Nigeria has no plans. What happens when oil prices cut down even further? Germany has no oil, yet they are the largest economy in all of Europe today. USA being the largest economy in the world has little to do with oil compared to electronics, weaponry and agriculture

do you deny the existence of oil in Oodualand? shocked
That's a big lie, Lagos is a state with lots of commercial activities. .oil related establishments are not capable of sole provision of tax for Lagos state
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by macof(m): 11:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
LRNZH:

Really? What indepth analysis have you made so far? I see a gross display of the fear of change

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by macof(m): 11:47pm On Dec 04, 2015
Curlieweed:

I have to thank you again. I don't understand why these defenders of the current status quo think that countries cannot survive without oil. There are several examples of successful nations all over the globe, some with very little fungible natural resource. I have repeatedly said it elsewhere that any group of determined people can form a successful state. The examples are legion. Examples of literally failed states with enormous resources equally abound.

You mentioned one key ingredient in making successful states, NATIONALISM. A situation where trained members of a national volunteer army repeatedly run from poorly armed ragtag insurgents should tell you the extent of nationalist fervour in our country. You can't fake it, neither can you inculcate it with propaganda. You can't import it with Niger Delta petrodollars and you can't get the Chinese to manufacture it for you.

Look ordinary Luxembourg, they are ahead of us in terms of living standard, employment rate, political stability, infrastructure. .many others
What again do I need to mention to show how ahead a little country that prospers only on Steel production is over nigeria?
We lack nationalism. .no National interest or Love of country. . A biafra will have igbos that have love of country, determined to building a successful state

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by macof(m): 12:01am On Dec 05, 2015
LRNZH:

Have you asked yourself, why does the society keep breeding people like dasuki, GEJ, odili, asari, Saraki, buhari People who are incompetent and/or don't care? The problem is that Nigeria has failed to create the society that breeds "Good Leaders" .. like I said before, there's lack of patriotism/nationalism, it's all selfishness. .nobody feels the Nigerian state is to die for. .what am I even saying about die Nobody wants to lose sleep on top nigeria matter.. nigeria is not important to us, our parents don't teach us to relate with all Nigerians as brothers, we can't possibly relate as such when a yoruba man cannot go to Borno and not feel as if he is already in a different country.
Fixing nigeria might be killing nigeria

The Nigerian state is supposed to exist for the Nigerian people, when the state fails, it should be killed off for a new beginning

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LEAKED Conversation From The PDP Social Media Think Thank BBM Group / Major General Buhari: CNN Carries The News Of Buhari's Dictatorship. / 2023: Jamiu Asuku Receives Northern Youths As The Endorse Yahaya Bello's Bid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.