Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic (6085 Views)

Igalas Will Not Go With Arewa Republic / "Peter Obi Campaigning For 2019" Nigerians React To Peter Obi Platform Speech / Roasted Plantain Seller Campaigning For PDP In Ondo (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by macof(m): 12:06am On Dec 05, 2015
Omololu007:
that guy just they yearn trash,,we don't even need the itsekiris to survive,,yorubas will survive without Nigeria,we are ready for division..we have oil,bitumen,land for agriculture,industry,population etc....I even believe we yorubas would have achieve more than dis if we are not part of Nigeria...how many years does it take qatar,UAE,singapore,indonesia,maleysia etc to get to where they are...can you imagine Nigeria a country that is more than 50yrs and we can't celebrate 24hrs power supply...dis country is trash.

My brother, yesterday at about 12 noon they took light o. .I didn't see light until 7pm today

And someone wants me to die of hope? Nigeria is hopeless please
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by basilo101: 1:29am On Dec 05, 2015
LRNZH:

That was the question I asked you in the beginning. Countries that have seceded in recent times, how are they fairing? Give me all the countries that seceeded in the past 50 years and how they're fairing today.

Look to be honest with you, if Biafra were to happen today, no one has a plan how the system will run.... Regulatory system, power sharing, law enforcement, banking and finance protocol, national security etc.

It is better to fix what we have today than to think that reinventing the wheel will solve our problems. What the SE is undergoing in Nigeria is not any worse than what the rest of the country is undergoing. In fact the SS is worse than the SE yet no agitations.

I assure you that the Igbos are shooting themselves in the foot politically but they don't know. How can you trust an Igbo man/woman to be Nigeria's president when secession is all he/she is thinking of?
but u can trust a northerner who have wasted innocent souls. Southern nigeria are jokers.
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by basilo101: 1:43am On Dec 05, 2015
LRNZH:

Loser mentality. You can't be adept in politics with that mentality.
fvck politics. We cnt create an elitist class dat impoverish d masses lyk north in d name of adept in politics. Restructure nigeria so everybody cn adopt a system dat suit dia evolutionary trends
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by basilo101: 1:58am On Dec 05, 2015
LRNZH:

Alot of people on this side of the world are mentally lazy!

After seeing how states allocations are squandered year in year out, someone will sit down and assume that a brand new country will just wish away all our previous corrupt antecedents and problems. We need to get the basic right where we are.

Is it not the same Dasuki, Dokpesi, Fayose, Aregbe, Atiku, Bala Mohammed, Tompolo, GEJ, Odili, Asari, Ekweremadu, Peter Obi, Saraki etc that will be in the newly formed countries?
my frnd, u are getting it all wrong. D structure is d problem nt d ppl. U cn continue luking 4 a magician precident to perform miracle in a system wia d federating units, which are closer to d ppl, are Abuja beggers
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by basilo101: 2:01am On Dec 05, 2015
hahn:

undecided

I just tire. When we should be talking of uniting Africa under one common goal and ideal people are contemplating secession undecided

A lot of Nigerians have traded common sense with religious belief. Expecting things to just change overnight is basically the same as expecting a miracle unmerited favor undecided
Europe was continuously balkanized to produce homogenous nation until the 90's. Are u more united than Europe? Is unity forced on ppl or achievd by mutual consent?

1 Like

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by BushidoBlue(m): 2:13am On Dec 05, 2015
EmoBoy:

What an ignorant comment

1. Nigerian states have economic, legal and institutional limitations
2. Most Nigerian states were created by ignorant and shortsighted military rulers.
3. Nigerian States cannot sustain themselves because they have been structured to be parasitic.
4. Nigeria has been operating as an illegal country from 1966 till date. That is why the country is totally messed up.
5. A country does not grow on the back of injustice, inequality, hatred and greed.
6. If certain sections of the country believe they can prosper as a sovereign nation, they have every right to pursue their aim.
7. Nigeria at its present state is not much better than the Benin Republic you mentioned in your comment. The two countries are on the same developmental phase both human and infrastructural.
8. You, like a vast majority of Nigerians are totally ignorant of the core problems facing Nigeria. You rather wait every four years to vote a "good president" to salvage your useless country rather than agitate to fix the fundamental issues hindering the progress of the country.

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by franconian: 3:08am On Dec 05, 2015
LRNZH:

Alot of people on this side of the world are mentally lazy!

After seeing how states allocations are squandered year in year out, someone will sit down and assume that a brand new country will just wish away all our previous corrupt antecedents and problems. We need to get the basic right where we are.

Is it not the same Dasuki, Dokpesi, Fayose, Aregbe, Atiku, Bala Mohammed, Tompolo, GEJ, Odili, Asari, Ekweremadu, Peter Obi, Saraki, Ibori the convict etc that will be in the newly formed countries?

Spot on!

This has been my point.
Even if governance at the federal level is failing, almost every state has what it takes to orchestrate its own development. But no, in our leaders eyes development is a sin, looting public funds to store in foreign banks is the way forward.
These godamn bloodsucking leaders are impeding the growth of this nation in any way possible.

N.B: I added Ibori the convict, his name deserves to be there.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by carnegiefan: 3:20am On Dec 05, 2015
Forced unity don't work, particularly one that has at its core the subjugation of the most resourceful African "tribe".
I read somewhere that Igbos make up most of the doctors, lawyers, engineers, technicians, and traders in the north.
The reason for that is because their region has been systematically de-invested and economically strangulated by decades of conspiracy by federal government controlled by northerners (even when Jonathan and Obasanjo were presidents these people still controlled all the strategic agencies of the federal government) aided by their willing slaves in middle belt and southern Nigeria. Meanwhile we get insulted by talks of how to behave before we can be trusted with the highest office.
Nigeria's disintegration is inevitable.
It is only a matter of time, because no parasite willingly leaves its host without some serious prodding.
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by ezeagu(m): 3:35am On Dec 05, 2015
LRNZH:

Loser mentality. You can't be adept in politics with that mentality.

Obasanjo was president Abeokuta stayed crap, Yar Adua was president Boko Haram rose up, GEJ was president the Niger Delta had to be paid off not to burn down, and now under Buhari the same north is basically at war.

Keep the presidency and the false notion of 'sophisticated' politicking when all it is trickery and ethnocentrism.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by hahn(m): 8:18am On Dec 05, 2015
basilo101:

Europe was continuously balkanized to produce homogenous nation until the 90's. Are u more united than Europe? Is unity forced on ppl or achievd by mutual consent?

Truly, unity can only be achieved by mutual consent. However, here in Africa every ethnic group is formed by different tribes. Even among the Igbos, there will be tribal issues after if Biafra is achieved and it will surprise you to find out that Ibos don't really like each other that much either. Besides, Ibos are ill prepared to govern a new nation, from my stand point at least. But what do I know?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by twosquare(m): 8:49am On Dec 05, 2015
macof:
really? Are we ready for it?
No, we are not....but some will be....
Re: Why I Stopped Campaigning For Arewa Republic by oyatz(m): 11:00pm On Jun 27, 2019
If Nigeria disintegrate, ALL sections of the country will feel the negative impacts for about 5-10 years, then new sources of revenues will replace the current sources becsuse human societies are dynamic in nature.

However,the impacts and consequences of the disintegration will NOT all be negative.
Free money will disappear SUDDENLY which will cause great economic hardship which will lead to

1) Mass Emmigration to Europe, North America and possibly the Niger Delta Republic (if it doesn't erupt in Civil war)
2) Massive reduction in corruption (money will be scarce)
3) After about 7years, the citizens will hate the leaders such that only people who can solve the problems will aspire to be leaders.
4) After about 10 years, the countries would have looked inward and look for other sources of revenues and learn from the mistakes of the defunct Nigeria.
5) The diaspora population with different aquired skills will return to develop the country.

Odua Republic will be better than the current Benin Republic because it already has greater Human Resources necessary to develop a country.

LRNZH:

Lool you make me laugh! Why are the banks crying because of TSA? All the government monies in commercial banks come from oil sales in case you are not aware.

If you shut down the oil industry in Nigeria today, even groundnut seller business will feel the heat. That's why Nigeria is a mono economy and we have been screaming for diversification.

I will like to know the volume of discovered oil reserves in Oodua Reoublic today let's compare notes.

How much is cocoa or cotton commodity price today? Lool.

It is easy to speak that Yoruba can do without Nigeria but all the IGR (taxes) that Lagos rely on are oil related directly or indirectly. Ever since the militancy chased many oil companies from PH and Warri, alot of them are HQ'd in Lagos. Their taxes and enoloyment will go away in Oodua Republic. Think of the mulitplier effect.
That's why I say Oodua will be like Benin Republic at best.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reactions to Dakuku Peterside Interview On Channels today (video) / Check Out Difference Between Nigeria And Rwanda Currency (pictures) / SHOCK: Buhari Supporter Criticise Buhari Over Sowore's Re-arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.