Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! (10447 Views)

Why You Need A Professionally Made Cv. / Build A Career As A Professionally-training Digital Media Marketer – Details Ins / Hire Reliable And Professionally Trained Drivers In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Emasel(m): 9:59am On Dec 05, 2015
Jamean:

hehe..so you have a Feminist as a sister undecided
my parents only told me they have 1 son... at least I knew when he was born..

where you come from undecided

grin see as you fall my hand publicly because I jokingly call you Feminist sometime ago, u no dey forget sef.

Anyways, I'm your brother from another mother.
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by ProudOlodo: 10:20am On Dec 05, 2015
Jazmiynne:

Yes that's the essence of the thread, we are reminding us all that our brains are the key.. A balanced female is just what the world needs to get many things right.
We would need help from the male folk too though... All the support we can garner

Well, while discrimination against the petite female at recruitments is news to me, the "equal opportunity" concept is one idea I suppose has been spreading wide in recent times though ethnicity and disability are the central issues for now. If this discrimination is true, the theme may advance on to other areas like the "petite-ness" in the future. I've always thought size is the subject of discrimination in the men's world only. With the number of guys I've met who have that special soft spot for petite women, I bet getting support wouldn't be a hard one wink

1 Like

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by ProudOlodo: 10:28am On Dec 05, 2015
karleone:

I don't know what you personally think about it, but reverse is the case for me. I'd love to work with an intelligent, attractive and very beautiful lady.

As for big ladies, it's a no no for me. If you like get all the brains in this world, I'll hardly look at you.
Exceptions: Work place or business related only.

Seriously. It rather comes shocking for me when I deem a lady attractive and she proves to be unintelligent than when she's otherwise and unintelligent. I consider it a mismatch of qualities...intelligence is a beauty on the inside that shld transcend to the outside
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Emasel(m): 10:50am On Dec 05, 2015
ProudOlodo:

Well, while discrimination against the petite female at recruitments is news to me, the "equal opportunity" concept is one idea I suppose has been spreading wide in recent times though ethnicity and disability are the central issues for now. If this discrimination is true, the theme may advance on to other areas like the "petite-ness" in the future. I've always thought size is the subject of discrimination in the men's world only. With the number of guys I've met who have that special soft spot for petite women, I bet getting support wouldn't be a hard one wink

If you can reason logically like this, how come you are an "Olodo"
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by ProudOlodo: 11:05am On Dec 05, 2015
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by ProudOlodo: 11:06am On Dec 05, 2015
Emasel:

If you can reason logically like this, how come you are an "Olodo"

Boss ehn...the universe is quite humbling o. When I look at how many things have been, how many things are being and how many things will still be...written, invented, created, spoken, read, done, etc., I can only admit I'm an olodo grin . But my pride helps me stay in touch with my significance smiley
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jamean(f): 11:13am On Dec 05, 2015
Emasel:

grin see as you fall my hand publicly because I jokingly call you Feminist sometime ago, u no dey forget sef.

Anyways, I'm your brother from another mother.

It wasn't a joke angry

Anyway.. I am no longer upset
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jazmiynne: 1:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
ProudOlodo:

A good point you have made truly..
The "equal opportunity" concept has gained tremendous awareness but that has mainly been in the conceptualization of the matter. The practicality still leaves a lot to be yearned.....

Yes many men have 'that special soft spot' for petite men... But what really does the soft spot entail for them?

A slender body that can be easily maneuvered during pre-intimacy OR a remarkably intelligent albeit delicate creation?

Which is the REAL scenario?
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by tolutweety(m): 1:33pm On Dec 05, 2015
Jazmiynne:

The "equal opportunity" concept has gained tremendous awareness but that has mainly been in the conceptualization of the matter. The practicality still leaves a lot to be yearned.....

Yes many men have 'that special soft spot' for petite men... But what really does the soft spot entail for them?

A slender body that can be easily maneuvered during pre-intimacy OR a remarkably intelligent albeit delicate creation?

shocked shocked
The highlighted caught my interest. Can you please expatiate on that. undecided grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jazmiynne: 1:41pm On Dec 05, 2015
tolutweety:

shocked shocked
The highlighted caught my interest. Can you please expatiate on that. undecided grin

Tolu Badt guy! tongue

Please allow other parts of the thread/post to catch your interest wink
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by ProudOlodo: 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2015
Jazmiynne:

Well, I'll agree with you on that. That "soft spot" means different things for different men. For some it's just one of the two scenarios, and for others, it's a combination of the two. In all honesty, men will, at least, admire you in plain appreciation of your fine petite config or at most, go on beyond plain admiration to imagining "things"...we're just naturally hardwired to appreciate our natural female complement in our different ways.

But definitely, admiring a woman of any type is one quality you can't separate from us men. Though it mostly starts from what we see, it's not limited to just that alone. We appreciate intelligence in women too; I assure you that every man knows an intelligent woman when he sees one. How we handle it may only differ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jazmiynne: 3:27pm On Dec 05, 2015
ProudOlodo:

Well, I'll agree with you on that. That "soft spot" means different things for different men. For some it's just one of the two scenarios, and for others, it's a combination of the two. In all honesty, men will, at least, admire you in plain appreciation of your fine petite config or at most, go on beyond plain admiration to imagining "things"...we're just naturally hardwired to appreciate our natural female complement in our different ways.

But definitely, admiring a woman of any type is one quality you can't separate from us men. Though it mostly starts from what we see, it's not limited to just that alone. We appreciate intelligence in women too; I assure you that every man knows an intelligent woman when he sees one. How we handle it may only differ

I am liking your reasoning... Really liking it alot in fact.
We need men to start seeing beyond the physical benefits of having a beautiful petite lady to not only acknowledging but also respecting her brains

I am not one for gender equality... Just let the respect for my intelligence be duly accorded... no demeaning comments in the name of teasing
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by ProudOlodo: 3:57pm On Dec 05, 2015
Jazmiynne:

I am liking your reasoning... Really liking it alot in fact.
We need men to start seeing beyond the physical benefits of having a beautiful petite lady to not only acknowledging but also respecting her brains

I am not one for gender equality... Just let the respect for my intelligence be duly accorded... no demeaning comments in the name of teasing

Thanks smiley I guess we share a common thought on gender equality - if everyone is given a chance according to their individual capacities without gender bias, we wouldn't need gender equality...I'm impressed smiley
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jazmiynne: 4:19pm On Dec 05, 2015
ProudOlodo:

Thanks smiley I guess we share a common thought on gender equality - if everyone is given a chance according to their individual capacities without gender bias, we wouldn't need gender equality...I'm impressed smiley

The pleasure is mine... smiley

1 Like

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Amazinpeace(f): 8:12pm On Dec 05, 2015
Nice write up op! Am motivated. Am a petite nd am proud of it!!
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jazmiynne: 8:34pm On Dec 05, 2015
Amazinpeace:
Nice write up op! Am motivated. Am a petite nd am proud of it!!

O dear! You have brightly colored my evening. .. Thanks a lot
We are really glad you enjoyed it
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Lero15(m): 9:02pm On Dec 05, 2015
tollyB:
I Am petite, beautiful and I take control of my life...
Cc: missmossy
Cutehector
Nihilist
Lero15
seun
Misspicy
Godmother
breezyrita
Cetona
Jamean
Estharfabian
And all my beautiful ladies...
We want to hear your views too

And beautiful guys... You didn't include that undecided
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 05, 2015
Lero15:

jealousy...undecided
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Lero15(m): 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2015
Estharfabian:
jealousy...undecided

Hehehehehe. She cc me as "beautiful ladies"

Thank God you replied with a smiley sha. Thought you dislike me lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
Lero15:

Hehehehehe. She cc me as "beautiful ladies"

Thank God you replied with a smiley sha. Thought you dislike me lipsrsealed undecided
Why would you think that?tongue
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Lero15(m): 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2015
tollyB:
I Am petite, beautiful and I take control of my life...
Cc: missmossy
Cutehector
Nihilist
Lero15
seun
Misspicy
Godmother
breezyrita
Cetona
Jamean
Estharfabian
And all my beautiful ladies...
We want to hear your views too

OK OK.
Well....Some ladies though... Especially the beautiful ones. They give more attention to their beauty than work or skills.
You will see their pix at work everyday if you have them as friends on bbm.

With what I've seen so far. A higher percentage of them do that.

Shout out to the beautiful yet hardworking ones.

Another thing that can help is to build your self-confidence no matter how petite, big, fat, not-so-pretty you look. This proves doubters wrong big time!
It shouldn't always be about just the looks... Even our Father in heaven is more concerned with the heart of worship. However, looking good/ "packaging" yourself should not be discouraged.

Cheers.

Lero.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Lero15(m): 10:00pm On Dec 05, 2015
Estharfabian:
Why would you think that?tongue

Awww. And she "likes" me again smiley

I like you too smiley
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Dec 05, 2015
Lero15:

Awww. And she "likes" me again smiley
I like you too smiley
tonguetongue
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Cutehector(m): 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2015
Lero15:

she made us look like gays cheesy
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Lero15(m): 11:39pm On Dec 05, 2015
Cutehector:
she made us look like gays cheesy

Imagine grin
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Lero15(m): 11:40pm On Dec 05, 2015
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 05, 2015
please Where is lalasticlala
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jazmiynne: 6:18am On Dec 06, 2015
Lero15:

OK OK.
Well....Some ladies though... Especially the beautiful ones. They give more attention to their beauty than work or skills.
You will see their pix at work everyday if you have them as friends on bbm.

With what I've seen so far. A higher percentage of them do that.

Shout out to the beautiful yet hardworking ones.

Another thing that can help is to build your self-confidence not matter how petite, big, fat, not-so-pretty you look. This proves doubters wrong big time!
It shouldn't always be about just the looks... Even our Father in heaven is more concerned with the heart of worship. However, looking good/ "packaging" yourself should not be discouraged.

Cheers.

Lero.

Lero you are so right... Self-confidence all the way.
I think sometimes even we as females forget that it shouldn't all be about our looks.

In fact sometimes I think we are the causes of our own woes... Some females already have their brain tuned in to believe that their beauty is all they ever need to have to achieve Anything. We need to start changing that. We want men to value us for more than pleasure and yet sometimes I feel like some women don't value themselves beyond the pleasure they can offer.

In fact some time ago I was shocked when one lady posted a 'Definition' of Man and Woman.... I can't really remember the exact words..... But the summary portrayed Males as sole provider and Females as fit only for man's enjoyment! Trust my craze! I immediately told her to correct it and specify that she is fit only for enjoyment cos I most certainly refuse to agree that the only thing I and every other female is good for is just pleasure. Imagine that!

The Big Question now is: If we as females can't respect and value our very own potentials/capabilities, who will?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Amazinpeace(f): 7:37am On Dec 06, 2015
Jazmiynne:

O dear! You have brightly colored my evening. .. Thanks a lot We are really glad you enjoyed it
you are welcome
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jazmiynne: 3:12pm On Dec 06, 2015
Cutehector:
well, as for me, nigerian recruiters need some training... The way they go abt recruitment processes here in nigeria is so so lame, unprofessional and mediocre. They really need to be trained alot..

Hi.... Did you get my mention?
I was asking that you kindly share with us some of the lapses you have observed therein....
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Lero15(m): 6:07pm On Dec 06, 2015
Jazmiynne:

Lero you are so right... Self-confidence all the way.
I think sometimes even we as females forget that it shouldn't all be about our looks.

In fact sometimes I think we are the causes of our own woes... Some females already have their brain tuned in to believe that their beauty is all they ever need to have to achieve Anything. We need to start changing that. We want men to value us for more than pleasure and yet sometimes I feel like some women don't value themselves beyond the pleasure they can offer.

In fact some time ago I was shocked when one lady posted a 'Definition' of Man and Woman.... I can't really remember the exact words..... But the summary portrayed Males as sole provider and Females as fit only for man's enjoyment! Trust my craze! I immediately told her to correct it and specify that she is fit only for enjoyment cos I most certainly refuse to agree that the only thing I and every other female is good for is just pleasure. Imagine that!

The Big Question now is: If we as females can't respect and value our very own potentials/capabilities, who will?

WOW
Re: Professionally Sleek - Ladies, Let's Rock The Stage! by Jazmiynne: 7:56pm On Dec 06, 2015
Lero15:

WOW
smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nde Registration 2019 Programme Portal Is Now Open / Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? / AB Inbev 2018 Global Management Trainee Program (GMT)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.