Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,662 members, 7,813,226 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? (10447 Views)

Ever Gotten A Job As A Pregnant Woman? Lets Talk.. / Has Anybody Ever Gotten A Job On Push CV?? / I Have Finally Gotten A Better And Permanent Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 08, 2016
Good pm all....

I feel so bad and upset just because of my condition now.. I have nobody to help ..Am just wandering up and down like an orphan though am not one..
The thought of unemployment keeps me awake till midnight daily... I hardly sleep.

I am a mechanical engineering graduate and also finished my youth service last year and since then,I have not been able to lay my hands on even d smallest job n it hurts me a lot.
I stay in pH Buh most of the job adverts on Nairaland jobs n vacancy section is mostly sited at Lagos.
I have tried everything possible to secure a job here on pH Buh it ain't working out.

Am ready to accept any job opening and even ready to relocate to another state if a better offer comes..

please someone should do everything possible to help me and I promise I will always live to appreciate that.

please help me..

my whatsapp contact is 08114106565..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by prico32(m): 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
Alanjeffy:
Good pm all....

I feel so bad and upset just because of my condition now.. I have nobody to help ..Am just wandering up and down like an orphan though am not one..
The thought of unemployment keeps me awake till midnight daily... I hardly sleep.

I am a mechanical engineering graduate and also finished my youth service last year and since then,I have not been able to lay my hands on even d smallest job n it hurts me a lot.
I stay in pH Buh most of the job adverts on Nairaland jobs n vacancy section is mostly sited at Lagos.
I have tried everything possible to secure a job here on pH Buh it ain't working out.

Am ready to accept any job opening and even ready to relocate to another state if a better offer comes..

please someone should do everything possible to help me and I promise I will always live to appreciate that.

please help me..

I understand how you feel, I was in your shoes few months back, had to move to Lagos & to my greatest surprise all praise to God, I was changing jobs withing a space of 2months & getting a better pay. So try relocate to Lagos trust God, kepp you fingers crossed having faith things will work & I bet you it will certainly work out.

7 Likes

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by prico32(m): 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
Alanjeffy:
Good pm all....

please help me..

I understand how you feel, I was in your shoes few months back, had to move to Lagos & to my greatest surprise all praise to God, I was changing jobs withing a space of 2months & getting a better pay. So try relocate to Lagos trust God, keep you fingers crossed having faith things will work & I bet you it will certainly work out.

2 Likes

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 08, 2016
prico32:

I understand how you feel, I was in your shoes few months back, had to move to Lagos & to my greatest surprise all praise to God, I was changing jobs withing a space of 2months & getting a better pay. So try relocate to Lagos trust God, keep you fingers crossed having faith things will work & I bet you it will certainly work out.

the issue is the accommodation not actually relocating .. I can relocate to any where provided I will get a job
Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Danfuster(m): 9:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
Bros... We wey dey Lagos sef nor dey see the job, I'm a graduate of Electrical Electronics Engineering with different professional certificates relevant to my field of study.

I've sent out tons of resume tailored specifically to jobs advertised on different ad site, yet... Nothing. I'm bitter and frustrated at the same time.

Don't come down to Lagos unless you have a reliable person that can accommodate you, Lagos harsh well well ooo. I know pH ain't smilling either but ain't nothing like Lagos. My 2kobo

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by LaurelP(m): 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2016
Combine both online and offline application. Visit schools and companies and drop ur Cv.
That's if ur Cv is even good enough.

1 Like

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2016
LaurelP:
Combine both online and offline application. Visit schools and companies and drop ur Cv.
That's if ur Cv is even good enough.

bro. I v done it severally Buh it doesn't work..
Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 08, 2016
Danfuster:
Bros... We wey dey Lagos sef nor dey see the job, I'm a graduate of Electrical Electronics Engineering with different professional certificates relevant to my field of study.

I've sent out tons of resume tailored specifically to jobs advertised on different ad site, yet... Nothing. I'm bitter and frustrated at the same time.

Don't come down to Lagos unless you have a reliable person that can accommodate you, Lagos harsh well well ooo. I know pH ain't smilling either but ain't nothing like Lagos. My 2kobo

seriously, I v been at Ikeja before now n know what it looks like. here in river state,I rented a house n stays alone..
I even rented d house when I was doing my NYSC programme Buh it was so difficult for me to even rent a room at Ikeja.
Buh getting a job here is so difficult especially when you ain't know anybody. and secondly,the few available jobs are only been given to indigenes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Danfuster(m): 10:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
Alanjeffy:

seriously, I v been at Ikeja before now n know what it looks like. here in river state,I rented a house n stays alone..
I even rented d house when I was doing my NYSC programme Buh it was so difficult for me to even rent a room at Ikeja.
Buh getting a job here is so difficult especially when you ain't know anybody. and secondly,the few available jobs are only been given to indigenes

[You mean jobs in PH are given to indigenes only!?.

If that's the case, I guess you need to come down to Lagos, Lagos don't discriminate, organisations don't give a hoot where you from... Just fvcking deliver.

1 Like

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Bespiel: 11:21pm On Apr 08, 2016
Dear Graduate Mechanical Engineer, as there are no jobs tailored towards your discipline or otherwise, I have a simple suggestion for you.

Instead of wasting your valuable time, Why not take up some practical skills acquisition training in automobile (It could be road side mechanics if you don't have the funds for high class auto shops) or even on Air conditioning repairs and installation or other more practical mech Eng majors. I tell you, before you know it, you would be your own boss in no time. Coupled with the fact that you are a graduate, you'll easily develop a far better approach to managing your business whilst caving a niche in that line of business. The people you wanted to work for will turn out to be your customers or better still business associates as the case may be. Wish you the very best.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
Alanjeffy:

Visit..... http://phillipsconsulting.net/applicationform...
Apply for d any job description dat fits you... I think dey are employing for d company...
Its a maintenance job... just apply and pray dey call you...
Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by iyb(m): 11:40pm On Apr 08, 2016
Danfuster:

its the situation in naija send out a thousand cvs and still the ones with influence will be the ones that get the job one has a better chance in the private sector where skills are valued but government job it is who you know and a few lucky ones get the job based on merit.
God help us in this country
Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by chyegems(f): 1:33am On Apr 09, 2016
Why not apply for the etisalat call centre rep that is ongoing now Just as a stepping stone even though it not related to ur course of study....in case u are interested,there is a thread on it in the forum. Good luck! It's well with u.

3 Likes

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Tacticalmind: 6:27am On Apr 09, 2016
Guy, if u can, get a certificate related to business, management or accounting, even if it's a two-month course. Getting a job in science related field is difficult and the field is saturated already, also with fewer science-oriented companies. Our surveys in Nigeria totally supports this. So, if u really want a white-collar job, go commercial and never say u want to practice ur mech Eng by all cost, good if u can, but not necessary. I don't advice students of nowadays to study science courses anymore, Nigeria is not in that stage of development yet. And believe me, experience is the best teacher, but not necessarily ur own experience, others experience can teach u as well.

4 Likes

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by bolseas(f): 6:34am On Apr 09, 2016
Bespiel:

Dear Graduate Mechanical Engineer, as there are no jobs tailored towards your discipline or otherwise, I have a simple suggestion for you.

Instead of wasting your valuable time, Why not take up some practical skills acquisition training in automobile (It could be road side mechanics if you don't have the funds for high class auto shops) or even on Air conditioning repairs and installation or other more practical mech Eng majors. I tell you, before you know it, you would be your own boss in no time. Coupled with the fact that you are a graduate, you'll easily develop a far better approach to managing your business whilst caving a niche in that line of business. The people you wanted to work for will turn out to be your customers or better still business associates as the case may be. Wish you the very best.

My thoughts exactly!

4 Likes

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Philomath1212: 6:38am On Apr 09, 2016
Tacticalmind:
Guy, if u can, get a certificate related to business, management or accounting, even if it's a two-month course. Getting a job in science related field is difficult and the field is saturated already, also with fewer science-oriented companies. Our surveys in Nigeria totally supports this. So, if u really want a white-collar job, go commercial and never say u want to practice ur mech Eng by all cost, good if u can, but not necessary. I don't advice students of nowadays to study science courses anymore, Nigeria is not in that stage of development yet. And believe me, experience is the best teacher, but not necessarily ur own experience, others experience can teach u as well.

Point... You said it.

2 Likes

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Nobody: 6:41am On Apr 09, 2016
open a workshop or did you not learn anything in the school?

Alanjeffy:
Good pm all....

please help me..

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by witorwitoutyou(m): 6:56am On Apr 09, 2016
Bespiel:

My broda,b4 getting dere,it will take him notin less dan 6years to achieve dis plan,and we d youth of now adays are very impatient,couple with d fact dt d op need sometin fast to relief him dis cashless situation,i think a faster soln wwill b needed here

1 Like

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Chickychic(f): 7:10am On Apr 09, 2016
chyegems:
Why not apply for the etisalat call centre rep that is ongoing now Just as a stepping stone even though it not related to ur course of study....in case u are interested,there is a thread on it in the forum. Good luck! It's well with u.
Pls wats d etisalat call center mail address?
Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by prettyjo(f): 7:27am On Apr 09, 2016
be patient,everything will happen in its own time.
Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 09, 2016
prettyjo:
be patient,everything will happen in its own time.

when will everything be fine dear? I was working in a school before I quit after many sh!ts I was going through. I have worked as a teacher in almost 6 schools Buh I can't see myself going bk to a teaching job ,it svcks.

am just so much frustrated that sometimes I do feel that trying something bad might be the solution..
note: I stay alone n take care of myself,no one cares about me n I understand.. I never blamed my parents or anyone rather I think much abt where to get myself a job n help d Pple around me..
Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Nobody: 7:39am On Apr 09, 2016
witorwitoutyou:

My broda,b4 getting dere,it will take him notin less dan 6years to achieve dis plan,and we d youth of now adays are very impatient,couple with d fact dt d op need sometin fast to relief him dis cashless situation,i think a faster soln wwill b needed here

you have a point there bro,while learning any trade,what's the means of survival cos nobody pays you for learning a trade? the country has gone so bad you have to lay ya hands something first no matter how small before going to learn anything
Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 09, 2016
angels09:
open a workshop or did you not learn anything in the school?

I know how to service n maintain generators Buh the issue is that even when you wanna start up anything, you still need some cash.. how do you get d cash?? you v to work first for d money
Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 09, 2016
chyegems:

thanks dear. Buh I don't like customer care services.
Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Nobody: 7:45am On Apr 09, 2016
Bespiel:

nice point bro

Buh those Pple u will get d training from are still gonna expect some funds.. so that's why I need a job first,those skill acquisition stuffs can always come up later
Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Nobody: 7:49am On Apr 09, 2016
Alanjeffy:
Good pm all....

please help me..

OP, wetin you carry comot? 1st class, 2:1, 2:2 abi 3rd class? grin
Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 09, 2016
onyenze123:

OP, wetin you carry comot? 1st class, 2:1, 2:2 abi 3rd class? grin

are you mocking me or what bro? pls oooooo
Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by prettyjo(f): 8:06am On Apr 09, 2016
Alanjeffy:

when will everything be fine dear? I was working in a school before I quit after many sh!ts I was going through. I have worked as a teacher in almost 6 schools Buh I can't see myself going bk to a teaching job ,it svcks.

am just so much frustrated that sometimes I do feel that trying something bad might be the solution..
note: I stay alone n take care of myself,no one cares about me n I understand.. I never blamed my parents or anyone rather I think much abt where to get myself a job n help d Pple around me..

dat was why I said u should be "patient".A lot of people have searched for jobs for more than 5 years now,yours is just one year.so be patient,your testimony is already near;don't lose hope smiley
Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 09, 2016
Chickychic:

Pls wats d etisalat call center mail address?

Etisalat is recruiting
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QrqhYJP7TYKq3pghoRZLdoAr6to0JKP0wj3EkVK6AeQ/viewform

1 Like

Re: Has It Gotten To This Extent In The Country??? by Bespiel: 8:22am On Apr 09, 2016
Alanjeffy:

nice point bro

Buh those Pple u will get d training from are still gonna expect some funds.. so that's why I need a job first,those skill acquisition stuffs can always come up later

Well, not all requires funds. Strategy is very key. Road side mechanics have high regard for graduates. I did advise a friend to approach a very good road side Mechanic, explaining to him that he wants to do "Internship" which is a prerequisite to becoming a full practical Graduate Engineer but he has no money to pay him but He was ready to be humble enough to do whatever it takes to learn this job within the next few months. So, the Mechanic agreed. Fast forward to this day, He earns far far more than I do at the moment because he now has a standard autoshop and services "wealthy" clients. People come from far and wide come to his facility because he is really good, plus he does home services and other beneficial packages. Needless to mention that he also has employees.

......Sometimes, only If we can just be humble enough to learn from the lowest of places, you never know how great that can make you.

Caveat: The piece of advice I gave on this thread are for those who are ready to be business owners with a vision to be employers of labour, If you are so bent on working with a firm, you could keep applying to jobs and hopefully a good one would surface. Cheers man and I wish you the very best in life.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

He's Invited For An Interview In The UK But Lack Funds To Process Travel Needs / 17 Months Into N-power, We Have Received Tonnes Of Impact Stories / How To Those Shuttling Ikorodu To Mainland Cope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.