Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,226 members, 7,836,103 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech (11375 Views)

Reno Omokri With Air Hostesses At Sofitel Heathrow / NGE Confirmed They Took N50m From Jonathan, Claims Unfairly Targeted By Buhari / Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 04, 2015
Freedom of speech!

Need something from Jumia at shipping discount?
Contact me now!
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by jimfend: 7:24pm On Dec 04, 2015
CR77:
Who cares
You do care, obviously

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by FKMagazine(m): 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2015
Anyone involve in signing or discusing dat law in d senate or house of rep, their children will never see d good of dis nation and they themselve will suffer in God's hand...help tell them.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by codereloader: 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
Abi?
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by sarutobie(m): 7:26pm On Dec 04, 2015
PRYCE:
Goodluck Jonathan Is an Embodiment of Sheer Patience!
nice pun.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Iroh88(m): 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
dulaman:
me think the law was made because of Sahara Reporters, but the funny thing is that now i only trust sahara news (always the first to know)
No. It is made for people like:

1. Thetrentonline.

2. Savingracereporters.

3. Breakingtimes.

4. Igberetv.

5. Hopefornigeria.

6. All Wailing "twitterers".

If you must lie when you talk, better keep your mouth shut. Freedom of speech must have its limits- you must not infringe on the rights of others while exercising your own rights.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by mentorken05(m): 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
Not a GEJ fan but with regards to what has been happening in this country for the past couple of weeks,i have no option than to admire him.
During his reign everyone spoke his or her mind,infact with the exception of the present Kaduna state Governor,No one insulted GEJ more than I did...I think the campaign against him in the social media was one of the major factors that made him loose the election.
Now this present government wants to restrict our freedom in the social media because they know that the social media is the only way we Nigerians can air our views.
Am ashamed

6 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by humblelyf(m): 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
searchiing4love:
undecided I SUPPORT THE BILL %100. BAN SOCIAL MEDIA COS NIGERIA IS NOT RIPE ENOUGH FOR SUCH PRIVILEDGE. cool
fool of first order!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by exlink10(m): 7:28pm On Dec 04, 2015
Buhari will never take this country back to military regime

he is now feeling the critics abi

an he wants whom to prosecute

God will not allow him

He should know what happened to Abacha

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2015
humblelyf:
fool of first order!

UR PAPA
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by erico2k2(m): 7:31pm On Dec 04, 2015
searchiing4love:
undecided I SUPPORT THE BILL %100. BAN SOCIAL MEDIA COS NIGERIA IS NOT RIPE ENOUGH FOR SUCH PRIVILEDGE. cool
And you are using it
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by lovelyadeola(m): 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
Wu does that? . . Checkout my signature
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by lovelyadeola(m): 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
Wu does that? . . Checkout my signature
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Destinyfavour(m): 7:33pm On Dec 04, 2015
senate should pass bills that impact positviely on the lives of nigerians: bills like life improsenment for looters and election riggers. APC used propaganda to win election and now wants to prevent others from using it. Nigerians willl be missing GEJ though he has its own fault. APC change my foot.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by saint047(m): 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2015
Please if you know any APC Member,

Please ask him or her why their Senators, since 2013, want to gag social media?

I don't get it.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by 2sex(m): 7:36pm On Dec 04, 2015
[size=50pt]THEN WE SHOULD SPONSOR A BILL TO SENTENCE LOOTERS TO DEATH... angry angry angry angry[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by saint047(m): 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
Like I said earlier, APC's move to gag social media via their senators won't fly

PDP Minority leader has assured
PDP Reps are waiting too

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Donbrig: 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
I so much support the Senate on this. Social Media is a very potential weapon Western Nations are using to pull down or degrade other nations who doesn't follow their Illuminati orders. China, Saudi Arabia and other nations are already taking preemptive measures to curb social media. Civilized nations are only using it as a tool to brain wash the citizens of developing countries. And our govt must not wait and fall victim of western imperialism before taking actions. Our leaders might be corrupt, but they are not fools. They see things better than we all do.

Democracy and freedom of speech are all western scams.

God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Ahmeduana(m): 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
politricks:
“No one was jailed for anything not only speaking one's mind. I guess every citizens were extraordinarily law abiding during GEJ'S tenure.
LAW ABIDING INDEED!
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Litmus: 7:40pm On Dec 04, 2015
The government is sooooooooooooooooo right to promote this bill. One of the chief causes of problem in Nigeria is too much freedom. I prey to god almighty (cant help the emotion grin) Social media - all media- is monitored and folks like that guy who tried to spread lies that Easterners were killing Northerners in the east, prosecuted. With freedom should go responsibility, if people cant be responsible then they don't deserve the amount of freedom Nigerians take for granted in Nigeria.

You people don't even pay taxes in Nigeria and you guys don't stop complaining. angry
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Ahmeduana(m): 7:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
OYINBOGOJU:
We better stand up for our right.
Senate can fool people sometimes but they can never fool us all the time.
WE HAVE SEEN THE LIGHT.
Thanks to jonathan!

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Missmossy(f): 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
The bill makes no sense one bit, despite the fact that social media has its evils, its of immense importance.

2 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Ahmeduana(m): 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
searchiing4love:
WITH THIS COMMENT YOU MADE SO, WILL YOU GET THE LOVE YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR?
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Ganjafama(m): 7:43pm On Dec 04, 2015
Coincidentally, it was the same social media that contributed to Buhari's popularity and victory in the last elections. It's seems they've forgotten that 2019 is just around the corner. We are waiting for them

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Dmano: 7:46pm On Dec 04, 2015
Are d senators for real? I dont think so
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by ipreach: 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
Lets join hands and fight for our right in this country.

your voice is the only thing you have.
#NoToSocialMediaBill

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Autopin: 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2015
searchiing4love:
MUMU
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by ojkalito(m): 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2015
searchiing4love:
i can tell ur still a kid who has no deep undstdn abt hw tinz work...dnt speak when u knw very li2 of d subject..read quietly or ask questions dat way u improve ur level of reasoning

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by idima(m): 8:08pm On Dec 04, 2015
mmmmmm lecture them
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by ojkalito(m): 8:11pm On Dec 04, 2015
Litmus:
The government is sooooooooooooooooo right to promote this bill. One of the chief causes of problem in Nigeria is too much freedom. I prey to god almighty (cant help the emotion grin) Social media - all media- is monitored and folks like that guy who tried to spread lies that Easterners were killing Northerners in the east, prosecuted. With freedom should go responsibility, if people cant be responsible then they don't deserve the amount of freedom Nigerians take for granted in Nigeria.

You people don't even pay taxes in Nigeria and you guys don't stop complaining. angry
another semi literate...u knw hw 2 use words but dnt make sense out of them
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by ojkalito(m): 8:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
Donbrig:
I so much support the Senate on this. Social Media is a very potential weapon Western Nations are using to pull down or degrade other nations who doesn't follow their Illuminati orders. China, Saudi Arabia and other nations are already taking preemptive measures to curb social media. Civilized nations are only using it as a tool to brain wash the citizens of developing countries. And our govt must not wait and fall victim of western imperialism before taking actions. Our leaders might be corrupt, but they are not fools. They see things better than we all do.

Democracy and freedom of speech are all western scams.

God bless Nigeria.
if u were 2 make a pick 2 live n work in any of these country China,Saudi Arabia/US,Uk....which wud it be? EWU....
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by M4gunners: 8:27pm On Dec 04, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Reno!!!!.....you better keep your mouth shut before they reason your matter ....see in big heat....loves ranting online ..no action
See Zombie ooooooooooooooo.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Post Biafra-what Will Happen To Your Properties/Investment. Prof Charles Soludo / We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC / Again, Dino Melaye Fails To Appear In Court Over Gunrunning Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.