Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech (11374 Views)

Reno Omokri With Air Hostesses At Sofitel Heathrow / NGE Confirmed They Took N50m From Jonathan, Claims Unfairly Targeted By Buhari / Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by 2mNaira: 8:29pm On Dec 04, 2015
politricks:
“No one was jailed for anything not only speaking one's mind. I guess every citizens were extraordinarily law abiding during GEJ'S tenure.

U missed d point.He was sayg that GEJ was tolerant of free speech.
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by precious1967(m): 8:30pm On Dec 04, 2015
is ben-bruce d father christmas in dt house where they want to gag social media freedom?
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by politricks: 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
mnairaland:

U missed d point.He was sayg that GEJ was tolerant of free speech.
That is what i am saying. He wasn't only tolerant of free speech, he was tolerant of everything both good and bad.
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by M4gunners: 8:37pm On Dec 04, 2015
Nigeria is in big trouble.
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by funkyibodude(m): 8:52pm On Dec 04, 2015
So APC can't endure criticism , chai this party is really predictable. GEJ is really a democratic legend cool
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by AfroKnight: 8:53pm On Dec 04, 2015
Why is this fake pastor talking? Better go and get good lawyers. All the deals you made under Jonathan's government shall be probed. Wendell Simlin.
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by fF01(m): 8:56pm On Dec 04, 2015
There would always be Freedom of Speech, bur Freedom after Speech would nor now be guaranteed!
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by bayumyguy: 10:19pm On Dec 04, 2015
They shuld not try it atall because we knew how we campign for GMB on social media,melaye and saraki shuld be careful
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by waledojo007: 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2015
searchiing4love:
undecided I SUPPORT THE BILL %100. BAN SOCIAL MEDIA COS NIGERIA IS NOT RIPE ENOUGH FOR SUCH PRIVILEDGE. cool
u cant even spell privilege..ds is d more reason we nid social media-to keep dumbheads like u in check

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by prisiluv(f): 10:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
Lol...because u know u'll definitely fall into the trap...buh seriously,its a shitty bill sponsored by pple with crooked ways,to cover tracks..
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 04, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Reno!!!!.....you better keep your mouth shut before they reason your matter ....see in big heat....loves ranting online ..no action
you are a useless idiot, a mistake to nature, you are supposed to be aborted by your mother. What he fighting for is it not for your good? Which kind of idiot are you? Tufiakwa
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by sunnyeinstein(m): 11:04pm On Dec 04, 2015
MrKong:
Something Nairaland mods need to learn

Bros e be lyk say u don chop ban tire! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by NomzyJust(m): 11:32pm On Dec 04, 2015
What about FOI bill? What about Democracy? The senate should do the needful and jettison this idea. It won't work. I repeat it won't work.

In other news, am I the only one seeing the Billions of Naira and Millions of Dollar figures that has been trending on Local tv.
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by linusbnn(m): 6:25am On Dec 05, 2015
searchiing4love:
undecided I SUPPORT THE BILL %100. BAN SOCIAL MEDIA COS NIGERIA IS NOT RIPE ENOUGH FOR SUCH PRIVILEDGE. cool

How do you mean,were you born in the 30's to say such thing?. Be guided
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Nobody: 7:59am On Dec 05, 2015
searchiing4love:

Ban Social Media? Na spiritual media you dey use?
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 05, 2015
why won't dey criminalize it wen they have used it to win election and don't want other parties to use it too
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Andykruiz(m): 9:21am On Dec 05, 2015
One thing people don't seem to realize about this law is that it has no clear boundaries. Take for example, i for one follow a number of news agencies, Sahara Reporters amongst them, the law they are trying to criminalize says that for example Sahara Reporters posts a story that turns out not to be true and i like and SHARE it on Facebook, i can be sent to prison for sharing a story that turned out false. Now, this is crazy as we all know that tracks can be covered and information made to disappear to protect people. This crazy law will also reduce or extinguish checks and balances.
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by Frankiss44(m): 9:31am On Dec 05, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
Reno!!!!.....you better keep your mouth shut before they reason your matter ....see in big heat....loves ranting online ..no action

Zombies everywhere you go just like MTN
Re: Reno Omokri: Senate Should Learn From Jonathan's Tolerance To Freedom Of Speech by TijaniAbu: 11:16pm On Dec 05, 2015
Nigerians making much ado about nothing new. The crimes of criminal libel and criminal defamation have long been entrenched in Nigeria's statute books, as separate and distinct from civil libel and civil defamation. The difference? If anybody makes a false accusation of a criminal offence, that in itself is justiciable as criminal libel or criminal defamation. Checks and balances.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Post Biafra-what Will Happen To Your Properties/Investment. Prof Charles Soludo / We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC / Kogi Guber: I’m Not Contesting – Hon Faleke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.