Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,347 members, 7,864,637 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 10:35 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (70844 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by waledoy(m): 12:51pm On Jul 22, 2009
Nice game from d lads.
Up blues
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by PERVERT9: 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2009
F O K C H E L S E A F O K B L U E S
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 5:57pm On Jul 22, 2009
BREAKING NEWS: Jon Obi Mikel Signs New Five-Year Deal At Chelsea

The Nigerian has committed his long-term future to the Stamford Bridge outfit,

Chelsea have today confirmed that midfielder Jon Obi Mikel has signed a new five-year contract at the club, joining French winger Florent Malouda, who yesterday inked a new three-year deal at the club, in committing himself to the Blues.

The powerful 22-year-old was delighted to have extended his time at the club, telling the Blues' official website, "It was easy to commit to because I am happy here and when the opportunity came it was good to sign after speaking to the club.
"My future with the new manager will be bright, and I think we have a good working relationship already,' he added.

"All the managers I have played for here have their own type of systems they want us to play, and whoever comes in will want to change little bits and pieces.

"There is not much to change but they all bring in different views, and the new manager wants us to play in a certain formation which we need to get used to before the season starts."

Obi Mikel featured for Chelsea in their friendly against Inter in the Rose Bowl last night, and is enjoying getting back to full sharpness under the management of Carlo Ancelotti, who has altered the Chelsea tactics, lining the side up in a 4-4-2 formation, with a diamond-shaped midfield.

"It has been hard work getting back to fitness but we all want to be sharp for the start of the season, training is hard work but we have to do it," the Nigerian international added.

"The new formation doesn't make too much difference to me in defensive midfield,' he explained, 'but perhaps it is a little harder as I have to cover more ground for the team, but I feel I am up to the task and I am sure I can do it."

Zack Wilson, Goal.com

Question: When is Cashley gonna sign? The greedy sod is asking for £125,000/week and has only a year left. Should we sell him?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by biina: 6:11pm On Jul 22, 2009
Ibime:

Question: When is Cashley gonna sign? The greedy sod is asking for £125,000/week and has only a year left. Should we sell him?
Yes sell him. Sell him to madrid. Sell him to us grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2009
biina:

Yes sell him. Sell him to madrid. Sell him to us grin

£25m and hes yours.

BTW, is selling Javi Garcia a good idea?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by biina: 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2009
Ibime:

£25m and hes yours.

BTW, is selling Javi Garcia a good idea?
Best bit of business we have done this summer  grin Benfica is such a nice club  wink cheesy
Hopefully then can get more out of him than we ever did, and then try to sell him back to us grin

£25m for cashley? we go just wait and let him pull his arsenal tantrum stunt again. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Borat1: 6:41pm On Jul 22, 2009
Mikel's Signing a new deal is not news to me. I didnt see the lad going elsewhere. I mean he's comfortable in london with first team prospects for him irrespective of who we buy, and above all earning a nice fat wage. I dont see him earning more elsewhere.
As for Cash-King-Cole, can someone pls tell him there's a guy just in from mockBA. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by sley4life(m): 12:16am On Jul 23, 2009
UP chelsea. Congrats Mikel for signing a new contract extension
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by sley4life(m): 12:18am On Jul 23, 2009
UP chelsea!! Congrats Mikel for signing a new contract extension
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by philip0906(m): 12:49am On Jul 23, 2009
but what is wrong with that ashley cole turned Cashley cole?the bloke loves money.he wants 2 put himself in John terry's level.if possible,be the highest paid defender in the world.make hin take time o. undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by tysante(m): 8:16am On Jul 23, 2009
*Official: Nouble signs on for West Ham

Frank Nouble today (Wednesday) joined West Ham on a permanent transfer.

Nouble was one of two schoolboys used regularly in the youth team in 2007/08 and went on to become a full time scholar.

He started 14 youth games with 12 sub appearances in 2007/08 (3+2 in the FA Youth Cup run). He scored six youth goals and made his team reserve debut in November 2007.

He became a regular in both the youth and reserve sides during the 2008/09 season,

*Official: Mikel Obi extends stay with the blues

John Mikel Obi has followed Florent Malouda in signing a new contract with the club.

The 22-year-old midfielder has committed his future to Chelsea by signing a new five-year deal which runs until 2014.

‘It was easy to commit to because I am happy here and when the opportunity came it was good to sign after speaking to the club,’ said the Nigerian international.

‘My future with the new manager will be bright, and I think we have a good working relationship already,’ he added.

Get more soccer update from www.boxeighteen.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by waledoy(m): 8:58am On Jul 23, 2009
Good for Mikel, he has proved himself working under diff manager I think he deserve it he is very important to the team now.

Proudly Nigerian
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Dwayne(m): 11:27am On Jul 23, 2009
Mikel is thinking like a thru profesional, he needs 2 learn a little bit more and dat's 4rm d masters at chelsea.
Nice game against inter. formidable.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Dwayne(m): 11:28am On Jul 23, 2009
Mikel is thinking like a thru profesional, he needs 2 learn a little bit more and dat's 4rm d masters at chelsea.
Nice game against inter. formidable.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mykali(m): 6:50pm On Jul 23, 2009
@lysaa

what are you doing in the Chelsea thread if you're not a Chelsea fan?
with comments that contain ''we'' grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by jalether(m): 12:46am On Jul 24, 2009
wts up guyz what time is the chelsea milan game
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by route66(m): 2:53am On Jul 24, 2009
I like what Ancelloti is doing , UP BLUES jare!!!!

Please I would like to know what time the Chelsea vs AC Milan game will take place and is it on saturday or when?

Thank you
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by sley4life(m): 5:02am On Jul 24, 2009
whats the latest on the transfer window for chelsea?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by tysante(m): 5:48am On Jul 24, 2009
*Chelsea pre-season
July 24 - AC Milan v Chelsea - 00.30am (Saturday morning)
July 26 - Chelsea v Club America - 11.30pm

Get more other news from www.boxeighteen.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Dwayne(m): 6:09am On Jul 24, 2009
Tanx
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 9:09am On Jul 24, 2009
sell JT sell AC , i don hate terry now
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 9:17am On Jul 24, 2009
dyabman:

sell JT sell AC , i don hate terry now
undecided why?
The lad is playing ball and shows no signs of unfaithfulness.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 9:26am On Jul 24, 2009
FBS:

undecided why?
The lad is playing ball and shows no signs of unfaithfulness.

huh? so ?, JT shouldnt be the one on the tabloids,magazines,top transfer news and so on, giving MH hope of signing him instead the bleeper should go ahead to get KOLORUBBISH of ASS-ANAL, hes suppose to come out and say to the world , IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE, 50million Pounds , wow, we get bruno alves,wheater,taylor and so on, better defenders than that sucker, he sucks , really does,
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2009
dyabman:

huh? so ?, JT shouldnt be the one on the tabloids,magazines,top transfer news and so on, giving MH hope of signing him instead the bleeper should go ahead to get KOLORUBBISH of ASS-ANAL, hes suppose to come out and say to the world , IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE, 50million Pounds , wow, we get bruno alves,wheater,taylor and so on, better defenders than that sucker, he sucks , really does,
Take it easy man. Silence does not mean he is ok with what is going on. What matters is what he does on the pitch.
You have players who scream "ain't going nowhere" and the next day, you hear that they left, so no biggie.
If he wants to leave, well that will be his choice. But no need hating on the man.

@ALL, anyone for the match tonight?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by jalether(m): 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2009
dyabman:

do you honestly believe Bruno is better than JT, now come on man get real
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by jalether(m): 12:47pm On Jul 24, 2009
FBS:

FBI wts up, is the match gonna be live on chesea tv
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 1:07pm On Jul 24, 2009
FBS:

Yeah boi. . . . 12.30 am is no biggie. . . . Ill be there like Michael Jackson.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 1:35pm On Jul 24, 2009
jalether:

FBI wts up, is the match gonna be live on chesea tv
All Chelsea matches are live on Chelsea TV.
PS: It's FBS or are you giving a new nick?  cool grin cheesy wink
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 2:21pm On Jul 24, 2009
[center][size=14pt]John Obi Mikel Will Be The Playmaker For Chelsea - Carlo Ancelotti[/size][/center]

The Blues boss has expressed belief in the Nigerian's ability,

Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti feels that this season could be the campaign where midfielder Jon Obi Mikel steps forward and shows his qualities as a creative midfielder.

“I have a lot of trust in Mikel,” he told The Daily Mail. “I think he can be the playmaker of this team. He is a young player, but has great quality, both technical and tactical.

"For the present and for the future he is a very important player for us. We are very happy he has signed a new contract and I hope that he stays at Chelsea for a lot of years.

“I would like that he puts in his great quality for the team.”

Mikel was clearly pleased by his manager's praise, saying “It is a great honour that he sees something in me. He says I am a player with great qualities, but thinks I can be even better.”

“It is going to take a bit of time, but I am going to work very close with him to make it happen.”

"He likes the fact I am strong and can play with the ball, but says that I still need to add more things to my game — if I do that then he thinks I’m going to be fantastic.”

The Nigerian believes Ancelotti will finally bring a Champions League to Stamford Bridge, saying, “We have come close so many times and I think that is why the club have brought him here, to take us to that final step.”

"The way he has come in and the ideas he has as to how to set the team up, I think we can win everything."

Owen Watson, Goal.com
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2009
Mikel playmaker? Finally a return to what he was before he was 'converted' into a DM or is he simply going to be rounded into a Xabi Alonso type player? Let's see how this pans out in the end.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 2:39pm On Jul 24, 2009
Watching the game against Inter Milan one can say with confidence that Mikel sprayed some creative defense splitting passes. Abi na only me see am? grin cool
If CA does "convert" back to a creative MF/playmaker, then wow, that will be the best thing to have happened to Chelsea since, to quote N2A, slice bread. cheesy
My beef with JM remains the fact that he converted the lad into a DM.
But then does that means that Deco will be warming the bench regularly?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 2:49pm On Jul 24, 2009
FBS:

Watching the game against Inter Milan one can say with confidence that Mikel sprayed some creative defense splitting passes. Abi na only me see am? grin cool
If CA does "convert" back to a creative MF/playmaker, then wow, that will be the best thing to have happened to Chelsea since, to quote N2A, slice bread. cheesy
My beef with JM remains the fact that he converted the lad into a DM.
But then does that means that Deco will be warming the bench regularly?

Too many changes from Ancelotti. . . . I hope Chelseas "stubborn" players will not rebel against him like they did to Scolari. . . .cos all those players wanna do is play 4-3-3 and Ancelotti is adopting very similar tactics to Big Phil. . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (100)

MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014 / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.