Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (69880 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 4:16pm On Jun 02, 2009
dyabman:

@Ibime

Are you trying to disfigure JM's image in the heart of all chelsea fans?

i dont get, i see nothing in what he has done or still doing, at least hes a winner

Im just providing insight my brother . . . . not all that glitters is gold grin. . . . . consider where we could be with a manager who signed the right players. . . . I am talking Ribery, Torres, Ibrahimovic etc. . . . at least Torres and Ribery were offered to Chelsea. . . . . players who were within our grasp but got overlooked for the machines currently in our squad. . . . when you have skilful players like this, everybody would want to come to Chelsea. . . . you create a dynasty and you dont have to spend so much cash to keep winning. . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Utali(m): 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2009
I AM CHELSEA
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by debosky(m): 4:28pm On Jun 02, 2009
Jose loved his machines. grin

JM's ability to grind out results with his machines would be undermined by a too creative player, hence his dislike for such. grin

However, Scolari failed to realise that you still need a machinic backbone with strict discipline for your creative sparks to work.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by akinalabi(m): 5:05pm On Jun 02, 2009
You're right. A combination works best
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mykali(m): 7:19pm On Jun 02, 2009
what style of play does Ancellotti employ? i really didn't watch much of Milan's matches.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 7:32pm On Jun 02, 2009
mykali:

what style of play does Ancellotti employ? i really didn't watch much of Milan's matches.
Play ANYWHERE BELLE face football. the type that killed AC MILAN in UEFA CUP!! smiley
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 7:35pm On Jun 02, 2009
I thot FBS said he wasn't in a mood to argue.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 7:37pm On Jun 02, 2009
Transfer News

According to Agent, Chelsea have reportedly contacted 22 yr-old Belgian and AZ Alkmaar midfielder, Moussa Dembele.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mykali(m): 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2009
switch47:

Play ANYWHERE BELLE face football. the type that killed AC MILAN in UEFA CUP!! smiley

nateevs:

Transfer News

According to Agent, Chelsea have reportedly contacted 22 yr-old Belgian and AZ Alkmaar midfielder, Moussa Dem[i]bele[/i].

my mind must be playing tricks on me. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by switch47(m): 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2009
@MYKALI

u no well-------------- grin grin grin see what yu are sawing, is you a spirit??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2009
nateevs:

Transfer News

According to Agent, Chelsea have reportedly contacted 22 yr-old Belgian and AZ Alkmaar midfielder, Moussa Dembele.

Whichever journalist wrote that must be having a laugh cos Dembele is a striker, not a midfielder.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:37pm On Jun 02, 2009
To be fair Ibime I should have corrected that myself. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2009
Ibime:

(1.) Don't be silly! Even Debosky has stressed this point in the past. Arsene changed the Gunners style of play when Cesc Fabregas arrived. Before 2005, it was a counter-attacking style with Vieira, Ljungberg and Pires breaking from box to box in 3 seconds flat. Again, a wise man should be able to tell the changing times  grin

(2.) Italy is not a club side and there is nothing to be nurtured. Players meet up for one-day a month and you do whatever is necessary to win games. . . . . . do you find Juventus attractive?. . . . instead of turning to Barca, Man Utd et al, Jose turned us into Juventus. . . . nay, he turned us into Greece of Euro 2004 fame, because however dour Juventus football is, they have always had a trequarista, be that Del Piero, Baggio etc. . . . can Juventus ever have a massive fan base in the world?

(3.) It doesn't matter where Boa-Morte is today. When you give youngsters a chance, some will pass and some won't. . . . for every Boa-Morte, Kabba Diawara and Aliardiere, read Vieira, Ljungberg, Anelka, Ashley Cole, Kolo Toure and all the other youngsters who were a success!

(4.) Arsenal did not start losing the moment the big guns left. Henry was there till 2007, Pires till 2006, Vieira till 2005. Arsenal stopped winning when Arsene changed the style of play, not because of departures. . . . from going from a team that counteraattacks swiftly, Arsenal started passing the ball too much and too predictably. . . . it's only natural.

(5.) The fact is that Stoch and MM got more chances than any youngster ever did under JM, with the exception of Lass and GJ who were bought already having experience. Mancienne played a couple of games at right-back and was even brought on as substitute in midfield. Lemme ask you something. . . . . have you heard of Mbark Boussafa?. . . . . he is the best player in Belgium and Marseille wanna sign him for £10m. . . . that was one of the youngsters we let go under the JM era. . . .

(6.) JM brought a winning mentality to the club, agreed. . . . shame it is a Juventus mentality and not a Barcelona mentality. . . . if you spend £200m on players, you better bring some mentality. . . . infact, I expect those players to be able to win even without mentality. . . . their skill should be good enough if you spent £200m on them. . . . . . for every Essien and Drogba, I think of all the players he turned down the chance to sign. . . . Ribery's, Torres and such. . . . whilst Essien and Drogba have performed, our present could be a lot more attractive considering the expenditure. . . . . sorry mate, JM fails the Cost-Benefit Analysis test!. . . .

(7.) The Chelsea of today have won nothing since JM left. . . . whilst they still have the never-say-die mentality, they are woefully short on skill. .  . . . infact, since Gudjohnsen, Robben and Duff left, they have been woefully short on skill. . . . even JM failed to win the prem after the aforementioned players left. . . . 
You are a bloody Arrow. More annoyingly you are in a self denial of the obvious. No offense meant but that was the plain truth.  grin

1. Maybe I should have put it in a different way. AW changed his football style but not his attacking philosophy. I say congrats to him but what are the results. Trophy less seasons and a brand new stadium? maybe that is enough for you.

2. What is this about how much JM spent. Ok Imagine this. You are a president of a race team. I sell you a E-class Benzito for 20 million, you hire a good driver, pay him heavily and he wins the race not once but TWICE.
Nateevs buys the same benz for mere 3 million and did not even finish the race.  grin. Now tell me what was your secret of success? That is your take home assignment.

Sometimes you forget how Chelsea is managed and the objectives before the managers. JM 's first objective was the EPL, which he achieved. The UCL proved elusive. . .and well the rest is history.

But meanwhile check our trophy room and tell us if it was like that 50 years ago.

Take my advise and remember that Winners are never criticized. They are only envied.
If  you want the Barca mentality then why not support the club or even arse-anal. the poorer version.  wink

Now if you don't mind. I'd like to watch Naija play. Its been long I heard our national anthem.

nateevs:

I thot FBS said he wasn't in a mood to argue.
@Nateevs. I'm still not in the mood.  grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2009
O boy Naija dey play, you dey type long ting. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 10:46pm On Jun 02, 2009
TRANSFER NEWS . .

Roman reportedly has put in a bid of 80m Euros for Kaka. . .
Crazy move . . crazy money . .

While at the same time he may have signed for Real Madrid 65m Euros. .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 11:03pm On Jun 02, 2009
Apparently Roman is trying to hijack the Kaka move to Madrid. . .
Reports saying Kaka hasn't signed for Madrid yet. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by MrCrackles(m): 11:05pm On Jun 02, 2009
nateevs:

Apparently Roman is trying to hijack the Kaka move to Madrid. . .
Reports saying Kaka hasn't signed for Madrid yet. . .

Kaka wont play for Chelsea, dont get your hopes high!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by jalether(m): 11:10pm On Jun 02, 2009
@ crrackles, who is he gonna play for, arse anal undecided
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 11:28pm On Jun 02, 2009
MrCrackles:

Kaka wont play for Chelsea, dont get your hopes high!

Oh get the phock outta here . . .
You think I want Kaka. . . ?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 11:37pm On Jun 02, 2009
i am not interested anymore in kaka myself. He can go to real.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 11:56pm On Jun 02, 2009
I never wanted him here - not becos of lack of ability but for the sheer amount of money expended to achieve that. .
It's stupid to bid 80m Euros for a single player. . Some will make a reason in shirt sales . .
How about making the Kaka?

I'll rather put in £20m bid for Pato, £30m for Aguero  Eden Hazard, Gorcuff any two of these brilliant and upcoming players and I'ld still have change from the Kaka money. . .

Not to even talk about £150,000 a week for 4 years . . when we could buy 2 good youngsters on a £50,000 a week wage and still have change . .

Plus you can't sell Kaka to anyone after a season with us for more than £15m. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 11:57pm On Jun 02, 2009
TRANSFER NEWS

In continuation of the Edin Dzeko story . . . Bosnian media report that Edin will make announcement of his new club tomorrow. . .

Fingers crossed. . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mukina2: 12:37am On Jun 03, 2009
Kaka joins Real cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 12:51am On Jun 03, 2009
Kaka's move to Real on hold as Chelsea put in 80m Euro bid . . .
Real won't do that much . .
Real offering 65 + one of Sneijder, Robben, Drenthe, Pepe, Gago . . .

Unbelievable! All because of one player. . . This is madness.

I will take Sneijder, Robben and Drenthe in a flash. . .

Maybe we should cut a deal with them to let them buy Kaka for 65m and we get Sneijder or Robben for £10m . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 6:44am On Jun 03, 2009
What is this world coming to? The way amounts just pop up? where the heck do the get the money from?

and Now Barry goes to Citeh. Tevez also on his way?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:16am On Jun 03, 2009
TRANSFER NEWS

Reports coming in suggest that Chelsea have signed Manchester City Striker Daniel Sturridge on a free.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 8:23am On Jun 03, 2009
I like the guy and he already has EPL experience but how exactly does he fit in?
Whatever happened to our youngsters
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Nobody: 8:54am On Jun 03, 2009
Chelsea has signed Daniel Sturridge from Man City
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 9:11am On Jun 03, 2009
FBS:

I like the guy and he already has EPL experience but how exactly does he fit in?
Whatever happened to our youngsters

He is good, if he turns out exceptional it won't be a matter of how he will fit in but who won't play when he does.
He is young, talented built by and for the premiership and comes for free. . .
He could be worth £40m in the future if things go well. . .

Hope he sorts out his arrogance though. . . He won't get to the top with that attitude of his. . .

@Ibime

If I am right, Chelsea will have to pay Citeh some compensation because he is under 24. . . .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by dyabman(m): 9:12am On Jun 03, 2009
A good left kicker , very promising
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 9:20am On Jun 03, 2009
nateevs:

Hope he sorts out his arrogance though. . . He won't get to the top with that attitude of his. . .

He's not arrogant. . . . his uncle Dean Sturridge was the most humble footballer you'd ever meet. . . . he used to live near us in Lichfield back in the day. . . .

Good signing. . . . but what happens to Di Santo. . .

Also, Daniel asked Man City for £55,000 a week and they refused. . . . I hope thats not what we offered him. . . .

In other news, Didier Drogba has been offered a new three-year deal. . . .

BTW, Kaka is not the same player he was. . . . lacking that burst of acceleration that made him stand out.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 9:27am On Jun 03, 2009
Meanwhile, I am impressed by Ancelotti's physical conditioning methods. . . .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1190417/Secrets-smuggled-Milan-revive-Chelsea-pensioners.html

[center][size=14pt]Roman keeps Drogba and hot-house secrets will extend his career[/size][/center]

. . . . . But, with the new Chelsea manager a confirmed admirer, the club have relented and will try to end the injury problems which have dogged the last few years of Drogba’s career by employing the secrets of AC Milan with which Ancelotti turned his players into the world’s fittest footballers.

The new Stamford Bridge manager is due to meet Glen Driscoll, Chelsea’s physical conditioning coach, to talk him through a pre-season training programme designed to extend the careers of an ageing squad.

Originally formulated inside the closely guarded MilanLab, buried deep inside Milan’s training ground near Lake Como, a team of technicians used the programme to extend the careers of Alessandro Costacurta, who retired at 41, and Paolo Maldini, who quit at the end of this season aged 40.

The secrets of the age-defying process are in Ancelotti’s briefcase, perfect for a club with nine players over the age of 30 - the team Sir Alex Ferguson famously predicted had peaked under Jose Mourinho.

Chelsea’s pre-season programme, which begins when Ancelotti addresses the squad for the first time on July 1, will involve rigorous testing of the players’ physical condition, their ability with the ball and a psychological analysis.

It is the programme used on Andriy Shevchenko when Milan agreed to sell him to Chelsea for £31million, and correctly identified that the striker was past his best.

David Beckham spent three hours in the MilanLab with Dr Jean-Pierre Meersseman, Milan’s head of medical science, when he joined on loan from LA Galaxy in January. Beckham passed the three hour ordeal, which also involved tests on eyesight and teeth and a thorough examination of his medical records, before his loan was approved.

One test showed he had a higher VO2 max - the volume of oxygen that can be absorbed at maximum capacity - than many younger players.

That session convinced Beckham that he could prolong his career beyond his predicted retirement age of 35, having been told by Dr Meersseman that it is possible to emulate the achievements of Maldini or even Costacurta if he followed their procedures.

Chelsea’s players will undergo similarly thorough tests. They will also take part in a velocity test, designed to judge the players’ reaction to certain events, simulating match action and their capacity to alter their intentions.

The MilanLab’s technical test will expose a few of Chelsea’s players, with lasers being used to determine the accuracy of their kicking with both feet.

My view: Salomon Kalou will fail this test!   grin grin grin

The secrets will fascinate Chelsea’s players, who will be wired to undergo a strict strength test that is named after famous Russian mountaineer Vitaly Abalakov.

Ancelotti’s methods, the brainchild of Milan president Silvio Berlusconi, are world renowned, often borrowed by the Italian national team who use Milan’s training base.

Even injured players from other Italian clubs have visited the MilanLab as part of their rehabilitation.

Chelsea’s training centre is built on similar lines, although Berlusconi added a basketball court at the request of Milan’s players, who often stay behind after training to shoot hoops.

Abramovich stopped short of erecting a full-sized court at Cobham, instead shelling out for the single hoop that hangs off one off the buildings.

It is rarely used, with most of Chelsea’s players heading home after lunch, but that is likely to change under Ancelotti.

While Ancelotti’s assistant Filippo Galli has so far agreed to stay at Milan, the manager is attempting to persuade psychologist Bruno di Michele to work with him.

Di Michele is credited with instilling the club’s winning mentality, opening the hearts and minds of the players to enable them to achieve greater success, putting past achievements behind them and looking to the future.

After three years without winning the Premier League, Chelsea certainly need an injection of something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Arsenal Vs Manchester United (3 - 0) On 4th October 2015 / Real Madrid Vs Barcelona: El Clasico (3 - 1) On 25th October 2014 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.