Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,300 members, 7,829,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help (3141 Views)

Asthmatic Patient Escapes Death In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Asthmatic Patients,share Your Experiences And What Medication Works For You. / Is There A Cure For An Asthmatic Patient (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by bigmoztj(m): 5:49pm On May 30, 2009
Asthma has threaten to kill my best friend, he has been in this predicament since when he was a child

Any time its rainy things doesn't go well with him, He has been to many places but to no avail.]

Please a good Nigerian who has an ideal of a remedy or cure to his problem should pls do the suggestions

Your consideration ll be appreciated

LOVE TO ALL NAIRALANDERS
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:52pm On May 30, 2009
Does he own an inhaler?
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Sissy3(f): 12:53am On May 31, 2009
sorry asthma is a long-term disease that can't be cured. you just need to learn how to manage the flare ups. learn what things makes the asthma worse and try to avoid it.

like Karma said see a doctor that can recommend an inhaler or other control medicine for your friend.

good luck
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Remii(m): 1:03am On May 31, 2009
I am not a doctor but have asthmatic around me. Let your friend drink water often and try chewing onions too. Let him study what triggers his attacks and avoid it. keep his room clear of unnecessary items as much as possible. There is a Professor Emeritus of Plant Taxonomy in University of Ibadan that prepares herbs for it and seems effective in reducing attacks if you are interested in his contact or leave around Ibadan I could give you.
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Dokai: 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2009
I usd to be asthmatic too. Infact i noticed it from when i was about 11 yrs old. I got healed last year August thru prayers and adrug called BETNELAN by gsk. Before then i had taken all sorts to no avail. He can buy that and chew 3 tablets daily. Let me no when he's well. U can call me on 08035884853
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2009
Dokai:

I usd to be asthmatic too. Infact i noticed it from when i was about 11 yrs old. I got healed last year August thru prayers and adrug called BETNELAN by gsk. Before then i had taken all sorts to no avail. He can buy that and chew 3 tablets daily. Let me no when he's well. U can call me on 08035884853

Shut Up.
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by stayhelthy: 10:09pm On Jun 02, 2009
Hi friend,

What will help your asthmatic friend is by him drinking natural water. For more information about my hint visit www.watercure.com if you are satisfy with the details of the power of natural water, then call me on:08033372930 for how to get natural water.
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Sissy3(f): 2:31am On Jun 03, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Shut Up.

roftl grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

wish u will be here more often and be telling them that, maybe they will actually listen to you

cuz that kinda gibberish dey too much on dis section embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by C2H5OH(f): 2:46am On Jun 03, 2009
You won't cure it. Consult your doctor to help you find ways to manage your asthma.
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Remii(m): 5:56am On Jun 03, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Shut Up.

~Sissy~:

roftl grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

wish u will be here more often and be telling them that, maybe they will actually listen to you

cuz that kinda gibberish dey too much on dis section embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

ToH and Sissy: I think it is wrong for you to shut anyone up over something medical. You can not just believe a disease is incurable and would stay that forever, medical advancement goes on everyday. The man was talking of a drug made by known company GlaxoSmithKline, and he says he used it then you are saying shut up.  You can check the drug up on GSK website and confirm how the drug works.  It is believed that Asthma is not curable but Doctors would tell you that the attack reduces as you grow and children can out grow it. They tell you as a child it could be bronchitis and confirmed as asthma when you grow with it.
Do not just shut people up when they say what you have not heard before you need to find out more information and confirm there submission particularly when he gave a credible reference.
The fact that you are in a certain place where certain things are not available does not mean they do not exist.

Poster: Do not let anyone tell you your friends situation is hopeless, because it is not. tell your friend to get additional help with the inhaler, I have been told by a Doctor that the so called inhalers are not ultimately safe after all since some of components is steroid and not good for long term use.

Finally, as I said in my post before, Prof Adeniji of Plant Taxonomy in of University of Ibadan make herb tea that helps asthma patient and I can confirm to you that it works, I would give you his contact if you need it.

1 Like

Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2009
Be quiet.

What yeye drug is that, that miraculously CURES asthma yet millions are still reliant on their inhalers. GSK in known everywhere, why isnt this drug flying off the shelves. You fraudsters and your garbage. Dont know who you are fooling. Just because we might have some naive people on NL, doesnt mean everyone is. Nonsense
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Remii(m): 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

Be quiet.

What yeye drug is that, that miraculously CURES asthma yet millions are still reliant on their inhalers. GSK in known everywhere, why isnt this drug flying off the shelves. You fraudsters and your garbage. Dont know who you are fooling. Just because we might have some naive people on NL, doesnt mean everyone is. Nonsense

No sickness goes with just one drug dose. You don't have to be aggressive and insulting, its uncalled for. Asthma is managegable like other diseases, I am not promoting GSK drug I am not the person that claimed have used the drug, all I am saying is that you find out and argue with facts.
Inhalers are for quick intervention during attacks, what you do as Asthmatics is to prevent attacks, when you go to clinic they give other drugs like Ventolin tab, amino-philine etc to prevent attacks, and they tutor you on ways to prevent attacks, You can go to Asthma cure.com and other relevant sites to learn about it. I assume you do not have asthma patient around you, because if you do and they have attack in your presence you would look for other ways to help.

I have an asthmatic at home and I know that attacks have been reduced when we follow tips from Doctors by preventing what triggers her attacks and the tea from Prof Adeniji help too. She still goes about with her inhalers and we kept some with her school teacher too and to God be the glory she may out grow it like Doctors said.

So ToH, have respect for others and consider better selection of word against people you do not know. There are many drugs out there that can help people but because of ignorance and level of and even sometimes cost or sheer believe that the diseases is incurable, people die of preventable conditions. People still dies of Malaria are there no drugs for malaria all over the places?
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:06pm On Jun 03, 2009
stayhelthy:

Hi friend,

What will help your asthmatic friend is by him drinking natural water. For more information about my hint visit www.watercure.com if you are satisfy with the details of the power of natural water, then call me on:08033372930 for how to get natural water.

any reason why Remi isnt preaching to the person above
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Remii(m): 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2009
ThiefOfHearts:

any reason why Remi isnt preaching to the person above

ToH, I am not a preacher and the guy above is on his or her own too. I am directing my advise to the poster based on my personal experience. I do not know about water treatment but would not write anything off until I find out and confirm. Who knows? Faculty of Pharmacy in OAU Ife just publicise a report on a kind of chewing stick they claimed could cure Sickle cell anemia. For me I would not write off anything and would not call anyone stupid until I confirm or disprove, the fact. I assumed also, that no one would take prescriptions from internet, NL inclusive. You could ask your doctor about a particular drug, he or she would then be in position advice whether its good or bad for your situation. But if you are sick do not be satisfied that the situation is incurable and continue to suffer unnecessarily. That is my opinion.
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:45pm On Jun 03, 2009
Sorry if I forgive to believe the nonsense people tell others to use so they can make money. I will continue to speak against it. If it bothers you, ignore me.
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Remii(m): 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2009
lol, Ok, o, my sister. I hear you. have a nice day. cheesy cheesy
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Sissy3(f): 7:53pm On Jun 03, 2009
@ remii if you frequent this section more often you will understand better. so no need to justify. ciao
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Remii(m): 8:52pm On Jun 03, 2009
~Sissy~:

@ remii if you frequent this section more often you will understand better. so no need to justify. ciao

Maybe I am just judging base on this post alone. I agree there are some claims out there that can be funny to believe. My comments are on this post alone and based my personal experience with asthma. Sissy and ToH, please pardon my assumptions.
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Dokai: 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2009
It seems my posting disturbed you TOH. I think you are myopic in your thinking. The drug i mentioned only costs N50/N60. Sometimes there are things we think are not right or just dont work cos they are easy to get. Well anyway like i said i was asthmatic. I've used inhalers, taken herbs(both local and international), taken aminophylin injections, bitter cola, honey and garlic, taken ventolin tabs and all that.
Now picture this. The inhalers relieved me during attacks but later i would feel worse. The ventolin and other tablets relieved me of attacks but left me with constant catarrh for as long as i took them. The injection relieved me but afta a few weeks or so another attack would come and i'd be bak in hospital. The BETNELAN was given to me by a concerned relative after i paid much much more than the cost of the drug last year August and since then i have not had an attack. What do u say about that. TO me he was Godsent not minding the cost. I also recommended the drug to a friend and since then she said she's had no attack.
NB: I showd the drugs to a doctor friend and he told me they are used for treating allergies. ASTHMA IS CAUSED BY ALLERGIC REACTIONS

TO THE POSTER: There is no harm in trying the tabs. Its N50/N60 per satchet of 10
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Dokai: 2:16pm On Jun 05, 2009
pls dont be myopic in your thinking
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:03pm On Jun 05, 2009
The drug i mentioned only costs N50/N60.

A bottle of pepsi in Naija cost more. Comot, bloody yahooze.
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Libra38: 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2009
@ Remii

Ur marturity is worth commended!

NL, this is a life treatneaning matter, any little contribution be it ads or whatsoever can same some life, 'cos info is very important.

Cheers!
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Dokai: 12:57pm On Jun 06, 2009
Grow up
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2009
says the thief
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by oyinda3(f): 3:17am On Jun 07, 2009
I know a couple of people with asthma. It becomes milder as the patient grows older. So if your friend is still young, don't worry too much about it.
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by initialize(m): 8:14am On Jul 20, 2009
you can read more about the betnelan drug on this site: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100000289.html

I have a friend that is asthmatic and i want to recommend this drug to the friend cause Dokai really convince me that the drug works and i think that people don't really know much about the drug cause it is not manufactured by GSK but it's manufactured by UCB pharma and think it should be able to work.

@ dokai

Can you tell me the pharmacy you got the drug from and also the prescription or dosage you use, either daily, weekly or monthly?

Thanks
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by initialize(m): 1:07am On Jul 22, 2009
pls reply
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 23, 2009
Anyone who has encountered Thief of Hearts will know she has a pea sized brain, an example of a dull girl. Remii, ignore her. . .fools die.

@ OP, reasearch on the gsk drug, it might be worth it.
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by initialize(m): 3:08pm On Aug 21, 2009
Does any one knows where this Betnelan tablets (betamethasone) can be bought? I have search different pharmacy in my neighborhood but they don't have it in stock.

thanks
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Dokai: 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2009
Initialise so sorry i have not come to this section for sometime.Someone called me from Lagos and i directed him to a place.Was it you.? However this is the address of 2 places u can get them in Lagos.
Silver brothers pharmacy at jonson b.stop along Ijesha-Lawanson rd and Drug point at Abule oja along unilag rd.
Dosage: Chew 1 tablet , 3 times daily for at least 1 month and then gradualy reduce the dose wen u hav noticed u r feelin better
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by toloruni: 5:24pm On Sep 22, 2009
Dokai May the good LORD keep u 4ever healed. I ve being taking the drug anytime i ve the attack and it has being quite helpful but following ur mail 2day does it mean i ve to chew to get a more prefered result and also take it 4 at least a mth.Thank u
Re: My Friend Is Asthmatic, Please Help by Dokai: 9:38am On Sep 23, 2009
Toloruni Hi!

Let me just explain how i used it from the begining so that u'll understand it better. Initially i was chewing about 6 tablets a day but realised it was too much(cos it increased my appetite) and so i came down to three a day and continued like this for about 3 months. I kept chewing even when i felt better. I started taking them last year august. When i noticed that i had not had any attack for months and there were no more side effects that normally followed it and that i could do somethings i cudnt do b4 like sleepin under a fan without a top, taking cold water etc i reduced the drug to once a day and sometimes i would go on for weeks without taking it and i would still be ok. However i still avoided palm oil smoke and the likes cos even if u r not asthmatic that can still affect u. During the period i monitored myself and if i noticed the feeling of an attack or uneasyness i would take the tablets. Just make sure u have enough of the tablets at hand cos they are quite hard to get incase u mite need them any time.
Spread the love!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies Do You Feel Weak After Your Period? / 5 Ways To Promote Regular Ovulation / Spanish Gold Fly In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.