Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? (16250 Views)

Job Without Offer Letter / Offer Letter Just Dropped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by Chidizman(m): 1:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
End time Offer letter cheesy
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by babestella: 1:36pm On Dec 05, 2015
It means you could be sacked any time without notice and without benefits.
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by snadguy007(m): 1:38pm On Dec 05, 2015
Caracta:

I hope they do not plan to dump you too after making enough money from you.
I have the advantage over them cos they pay me, i don't pay them

1 Like

Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by victree007(m): 1:41pm On Dec 05, 2015
snadguy007:
If you trust the company, u can go for it. I'm currently working with a company now with no offer letter for like 2 years now. Hoping to dump them soon when i make enough money from them.

I'm with u on dis one. Currently working in a firm that didn't give me an offer letter and I even get paid better than my colleagues though the pay is not that great. There is a chance I might get promoted to a better position that may warrant an offer letter but for now I'm just taking each day as it comes.

1 Like

Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by Niceman4u(m): 2:29pm On Dec 05, 2015
Just a pick few days of causal leave nd go to d organisation nd see tins for urself. in dat case u r dd nt loose anytin.
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by yeni2015(m): 2:32pm On Dec 05, 2015
The letter must be collected first, verbal agreement can be denied and the letter must be signed by the employer and you. You have to also read the terms and conditions well and understand before you sign. Watch out for any clause . Be wise ooooo
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by ify84(m): 2:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
Does it mean, if given offer letter, the company can't sack you.. Or, if sacked, they will give u 'sack allowance'...
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by kebi4all(m): 2:55pm On Dec 05, 2015
my dear brother, your offer letter is very important. in fact it is your basis for the offer, they do not have to tell you about the benefits on phone, it should be stipulated on the letter and handed to you. however you still have to request for it. it will show you know what you are doing.
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 05, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
thus is my dilemma.I was called by the HR of a company I did an interview with to submit my current employment letter to their office.The school I'm working for, did not give me an employment letter.I am really nauseous about the whole thing right now.

My brother man, that is not an issue. Get a sample offer letter from a friend, take it to business CENTER and configure it to what you claimed to be paid at which ever company u work. Use you head fast.
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by Royal30: 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2015
Offer letter is not an issue....I resigned from my previous job and joined a new company, the letter wasn't ready wen I resumed till after about 3months when I was told is now ready for my signature and collection...fast forward to almost 9months now I haven't even had the time to travel down yet to collect...so if the job is guaranteed then the letter isn't an issue.
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by Mbkite(m): 4:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
I am working in a company with no offer letter for like 6months. Their pay is 3 times my previous company's pay.
@op, contact some of d employees of d company and ask them some questions as regards d issue at hand.
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by linearity: 4:09pm On Dec 05, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
thus is my dilemma.I was called by the HR of a company I did an interview with to submit my current employment letter to their office.The school I'm working for, did not give me an employment letter.I am really nauseous about the whole thing right now.

Simply tell them that, the school you worked for did not give you an offer letter and give them the particulars and contact info of that school, If they have narrowed the job to you, they will definitely make that phone call to verify, if it is a requirement.
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by Godsonkemz(m): 5:43pm On Dec 05, 2015
Don't accept the offer or alternatively, if you must accept it, still keep your current job.
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
fluxview:

My brother man, that is not an issue. Get a sample offer letter from a friend, take it to business CENTER and configure it to what you claimed to be paid at which ever company u work. Use you head fast.
it's a bank job.That's a serious risk.
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by Bflexing(m): 6:37pm On Dec 05, 2015
iliyande:
Take a few days casual leave from your work to visit the new office and see things for yourself first.

Even if I see the new office, is it advisable to start without an offer letter? What if gobe happens or they later want to downsize?
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by Bflexing(m): 6:39pm On Dec 05, 2015
menix:
They need you to fill in for a staff possibly on leave or Maternity leave..

Have been bitten..

Shuu! shocked shocked. Thanks for d alert!
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by charlsecy(m): 6:57pm On Dec 05, 2015
Bflexing:
when I asked for an offer letter, even though he promised to send it, his look says something different.
Make sure any mail they sent you is from their official address.
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by CravingChic: 7:00pm On Dec 05, 2015
iliyande:
Take a few days casual leave from your work to visit the new office and see things for yourself first.

Thatsall!
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by lonelydora: 7:01pm On Dec 05, 2015
damton:
The offer letter is the seal and agreements that binds both you and your employer together.

To you, it's a protection.
To them it's an assurance of service.

So, it's essential you have it no matter the circumstances or Conditions surrounding the the employment offer .

You have said it all. As simple as that.
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by themanderon: 7:17pm On Dec 05, 2015
My advice you better run because if anything should happen to you in the cause of doing that job you are on your own. they are not giving you any letter because they want to absolve themselves of any responsibility over you. I once had that ugly experience before. so be wise.
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by amicable09(f): 7:45pm On Dec 05, 2015
Wow! I've learnt something new tonight.
OP thanks for raising this question and thanks to all who have contributed so far...
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by Okpueze1(m): 8:28pm On Dec 05, 2015
A company gave me employment and Offer of Employment Letter as a sales rep. If I place a call to the chairman from my base, he will pick and say that he will call me back. This is now the 3rd month without pay and no termination letter from the company yet. Please I need your candid advice whether to take legal action or wait for the salary to accumulate further since the never told me to stop work?
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by Le2money(m): 9:00pm On Dec 05, 2015
Pls an advice will be needed at dis junction ....I will like to speak on behalf of some of my colleagues out there ......we got a job wit SKYE Bank after almost a year of submitting our application letter....after passing through vigorous tests and interviews, some of us made it through .....we were given an employment and guarantors forms to fill telling us dey will get back to us in at least two weeks time which supposed to be October last year....well,some of us were called to resume while dey made d rest of us look like a fool or maybe dos DAT were called has 2 heads cha...I can't say....BT despite d stress and money we av spent,I kept on tinking of wot to do at least to avenge our time dis stupid bank of d tin claimed and yet,I avnt come up wit any final plan yet ....pls ur advice on what to do will be highly appreciated.

Le2money
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by amicable09(f): 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
Le2money:
Pls an advice will be needed at dis junction ....I will like to speak on behalf of some of my colleagues out there ......we got a job wit SKYE Bank after almost a year of submitting our application letter....after passing through vigorous tests and interviews, some of us made it through .....we were given an employment and guarantors forms to fill telling us dey will get back to us in at least two weeks time which supposed to be October last year....well,some of us were called to resume while dey made d rest of us look like a fool or maybe dos DAT were called has 2 heads cha...I can't say....BT despite d stress and money we av spent,I kept on tinking of wot to do at least to avenge our time dis stupid bank of d tin claimed and yet,I avnt come up wit any final plan yet ....pls ur advice on what to do will be highly appreciated.

Le2money
Mmmh... a lot happens in this recruitment excersise o. Since last year!? What have yyou done about it? Did you call or send a mail to them?

You really should go to their head office with your lawyers *smiles.

I will like this kind of case... I should consider becoming a lawyer
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by OShepherd: 9:18pm On Dec 05, 2015
Pls my pple na beg I dey beg o! No try tke any offer widout leta xept U r also planning 2 dump dem very soon 4 anoda but thinking U'll get a leta in future, hmmmm U go cry especially Indian firms. Am a living witness: it's not palatable but tank GOD 4 deliverance!!!
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by idealsico(m): 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2015
Avoid Engr. Emeka Unachukwu and his Morflex and other companies. He is good at withholding appoitment letters and thereafter maltreating employees.
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by Le2money(m): 9:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
amicable09:

Mmmh... a lot happens in this recruitment excersise o. Since last year!? What have yyou done about it? Did you call or send a mail to them?

You really should go to their head office with your lawyers *smiles.

I will like this kind of case... I should consider becoming a lawyer
....So many calls has been made through to dem.....mail over mails ....BT yet nting gud has yet to come out ......even one of us was even planning involving d lawyer BT he was also trying to save his head .. cox we may think dey are not gonna call us and dey may....by DAT tym,he wanted to avoid been use as a scape goat ....BT me oo,am out of patient.....pls if u knw wot can be done....I will like u to share it wit me
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by amicable09(f): 9:35pm On Dec 05, 2015
Le2money:
....So many calls has been made through to dem.....mail over mails ....BT yet nting gud has yet to come out ......even one of us was even planning involving d lawyer BT he was also trying to save his head .. cox we may think dey are not gonna call us and dey may....by DAT tym,he wanted to avoid been use as a scape goat ....BT me oo,am out of patient.....pls if u knw wot can be done....I will like u to share it wit me
lol... in this case I'm a learner o. I am in this thread as a student learning but honestly 1 year wait is just too much... they can't keep on wasting your time and life na, this is just what I don't like. I can imagine how long it took you guys from aptitude test to employment letter stage! I think you should speak with a lawyer seriously and you can also adopt one guy's approach here, can't remember his moniker though but he mentioned sth of this nature and how he got paid for the one month he wasn't allowed to do what he had been employed to do...lol

If you have an offer letter you can do same. But before then, ask those guys inside to help do an enquiry on your behalf so that you don't do sth stupid while they are planning sth good for you.
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by Le2money(m): 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2015
amicable09:

lol... in this case I'm a learner o. I am in this thread as a student learning but honestly 1 year wait is just too much... they can't keep on wasting your time and life na, this is just what I don't like. I can imagine how long it took you guys from aptitude test to employment letter stage! I think you should speak with a lawyer seriously and you can also adopt one guy's approach here, can't remember his moniker though but he mentioned sth of this nature and how he got paid for the one month he wasn't allowed to do what he had been employed to do...lol

If you have an offer letter you can do same. But before then, ask those guys inside to help do an enquiry on your behalf so that you don't do sth stupid while they are planning sth good for you.
.....I tink I will rather act silly at dis point and let dem knw DAT wot dey did wasn't right by offering many ppl like mysev job and not been able to employ dem.. I will bear d cross.....contacting lawyer by Monday
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by amicable09(f): 9:55pm On Dec 05, 2015
Le2money:
.....I tink I will rather act silly at dis point and let dem knw DAT wot dey did wasn't right by offering many ppl like mysev job and not been able to employ dem.. I will bear d cross.....contacting lawyer by Monday
Correct thing to do! Contact a lawyer ASAP.
If you can, keep me posted, I will love to follow up with you on this case till the end *winks
Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by Le2money(m): 10:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
amicable09:

Correct thing to do! Contact a lawyer ASAP.
If you can, keep me posted, I will love to follow up with you on this case till the end *winks
....be expecting my update on Monday ......am seriously contacting some of my colleagues nw.....BT till Monday , may God kip us to witness more Dan DAT day .....bed calling

1 Like

Re: Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? by BEASTER(m): 11:25pm On Dec 05, 2015
No way, insists on your offer letter to avoid being scammed.
Bflexing:
I recently got a job from an organization. The organization is doing very ok in Nigeria, part of the top competitors in what they do and even have a good starting offer. They gave me an offer to increase my current salary by 50% which is a good thing, told me to resume after a week so I can resign where I work but when I asked for an offer letter, even though he promised to send it, his look says something different.
I reminded him about the offer letter during d week and he assured me he will still send it. Fast forward to Tuesday, I got his call asking me why I didn't resume....

My question is, can you leave your current job for a juicy offer without an offer letter?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vacancy With Icsl / Want To Work At Ecowas Headquarters In Abuja? Check This Up / Info.nigeriacustomservice@mail.ru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.