Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,112 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

How Alex A School Drop Out Now Makes Over $300 Monthly Online - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Alex A School Drop Out Now Makes Over $300 Monthly Online (1468 Views)

How To Make $800 Monthly Online Trading Domain Names / 6 Services That Is Making Me Over $300 Weekly On Fiverr With 20minute Work / My Small Factory Now Makes 50,000 Bars Of Soap Every Week. See Video And Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Alex A School Drop Out Now Makes Over $300 Monthly Online by Michozil(m): 12:02pm On Dec 05, 2015
I’ve been talking about entrepreneurship and what it takes to be an entrepreneur on this blog for a while now, in one of my recent blog posts, I also wrote an extensive post on how you could actually be your own boss even if you don’t have a degree or money. But I don’t think I’ve really actually given you any success story at all.
Now this post would highlight one young entrepreneur that is taking giant steps in the entrepreneurship journey.

Ladies and Gentlemen please welcome Alexander Orah a secondary school drop-out who turned a web designer and earns $200-$300 monthly online.
I was able to force him to squeeze out time from his busy schedule just to ask him some questions as to how he was able to make it in a short while, so sit back, relax and enjoy as well as learn from the responses he gave me.

Question 1
Why did you drop-out of school at SS1?

He replied saying that he as an individual didn’t see any good in the teachings/lectures he was receiving at high school. I was shocked and asked him what he meant, he went further to say all he was being taught in high school wasn’t channeling his mind to be free rather it was turning him into a slave.
What do you mean by turning you into a slave? He continued by saying that all he was taught then was to read and get a government work or work in a company especially oil companies because he had stated earlier that he wanted to be an engineer.

Question 2
Now why don't you want to work for the government?

He replied by saying that he’s also one of the government and that the government provide jobs for the people so he is going to create a multimillion company and employ people as the government that he is.
Alex dropped-out of high school at age 14 in the year 2009/2010 and he says that it was very difficult for him at that time. Many of his friends and relatives started calling him names and made mockery of him. Not even talking about the challenges he faced and the pressure and heat he was receiving from his mum back home. But what surprised me was the fact that he said he was never too bothered about the names he was being called.

Alex knew what he wanted to be so he took out time to seek for knowledge on that. It wasn’t easy at the initial stage but he was strong willed and dedicated to pursue his dream so he got knowledge on the steps to become what he wanted to be.
Funny enough he started working (that slave he said he never wanted to become) in order to get a laptop.

Question 3
What is it you wanted to become?

He replied by saying that he has always been fascinated about technology and was fund of using computers. This rose to a point where he grew affection and love for a system and decided that he would use a computer to empower himself and the lives of others around him and I can tell he has started doing this.
Alex started doing petty jobs so as to save up some money to get a laptop, after much hard work and coming home late he got enough money to get his first laptop, it might not be what he wanted at that time, but it sure did serve him a great deal and he was surely happy with himself.

He also subscribed for a data bundle. So this is it, Alex now has his first laptop and data subscription enabled, what next?
Alex started learning how to design a website which of course he didn’t know how to go about at the initial stage. He was bent on learning design so he started out by taking some online courses in web design and also had the support of his one and only best friend in the world (Google). He took time explaining to me about how Google had a way of producing answers to all the questions he had that experts he had met refused to tell him.

Alex spent most of his time online, researching and learning website creation with many platforms (Blogger, WordPress, Joomla, HTML etc.) he became a website designer without much knowledge on coding.
Now Alex is a website designer, not just a web designer but a very good one. Now this is the part you’ve been wanting to hear; Alex made his first dollar ($) online in the year 2013. Alex earns an average of $300 to $400 monthly online from both web design and his blog.

He said being a website designer wasn’t enough that he wanted to be a blogger (which was the most seen title in search when he was learning website design) and immediately he started working towards it. He learned blogging for 2yrs, and got what and all he needed to start and run a successful blog.

Question 4
Now that your first and second plans have been executed do you feel fulfilled?

He gave a shocking reply by shouting NO! I in turn asked how and why? He said he had always wanted to become that engineer he wanted to be asides from being a web designer and blogger. Alex wants to become a software engineer and he agreed with me that school is the only way out.
Alex has started making plans of him traveling to India and if he succeeds in going to India to study software engineering he says he still won’t be active in classes. Crazy isn’t he?

I asked why? He said it’s because he would be hanging around software engineers for more knowledge. I was like; don’t you think it’s not right? He screams Hell no! And again I ask why? He says it’s because he doesn’t need the school over there.

Question 5
Why would you say you want to study in India and still not need the school over there?

Alex replies, by saying it’s because he has searched well enough in Nigeria and found out that no school will give you better teaching in software engineering than in India. He adds that he has been looking for software engineers in Nigeria but didn’t see any, so decided to look forward to Indians and found out that many of them are software engineers and I also do agree that Indian Colleges actually teach software engineering to the very best.

Ultimately, Alex stopped me along the interview and asked me this question;

Do software engineers in Nigeria that work for big companies receive millions monthly?
I paused, gave it a rethink and answered by saying yes, and he sends a smiling smiley saying its one of the reasons he wants to learn software engineering.

If you want to know the book that gave Alexander Orah inspirations he says you should go and
- See more at:http://www.mozentre.com/2015/12/how-alex-a-school-drop-out-makes-money-online.html
Re: How Alex A School Drop Out Now Makes Over $300 Monthly Online by Birniwa(m): 2:46am On Dec 06, 2015
One thing is certain, Alex will greatly regret in life in few years to come.

I can't just imagine a life without education!

1 Like

Re: How Alex A School Drop Out Now Makes Over $300 Monthly Online by Michozil(m): 3:53pm On Dec 06, 2015
He never said he wouldn't go to school sire...

Birniwa:

Re: How Alex A School Drop Out Now Makes Over $300 Monthly Online by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 06, 2015
Alex won't regret nadding.....
Re: How Alex A School Drop Out Now Makes Over $300 Monthly Online by Babs24: 7:47pm On Dec 06, 2015
Birniwa:

you are so much funny bro. First and foremost what's your definition of education? In addition did you take your time to read the part of the post where the boy said he'll be travelling to India to study software Engineering? though he said he'll hang around engineers to learn more.

it's high time Nigerians dropped the idea of formal education being a major determinant in ones success in life. it's so much far from it. the whites have realised that earlier ad that's why the have so many inventions.
Re: How Alex A School Drop Out Now Makes Over $300 Monthly Online by holajeedayy: 8:56pm On Dec 06, 2015
Birniwa:

my frn sharap....what do u know abt life and what do u know abt alex infact do u no ur self?
Re: How Alex A School Drop Out Now Makes Over $300 Monthly Online by alexanorah: 2:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
I was busy looking at Nigerian system of Education and found out that we're seriously lacking so many things and when I say many things I meant it... how can you go to school to acquire certificate and profession without knowing how to be financially Free?

the person saying I will regret it, maybe I will regret it when I employ you to work for me...lol

1 Like

Re: How Alex A School Drop Out Now Makes Over $300 Monthly Online by Michozil(m): 3:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
HAHA!!! I'm telling you Alex.
alexanorah:
I was busy looking at Nigerian system of Education and found out that we're seriously lacking so many things and when I say many things I meant it... how can you go to school to acquire certificate and profession without knowing how to be financially Free?

the person saying I will regret it, maybe I will regret it when I employ you to work for me...lol

Re: How Alex A School Drop Out Now Makes Over $300 Monthly Online by Birniwa(m): 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
holajeedayy:

my frn sharap....what do u know abt life and what do u know abt alex infact do u no ur self?

Another thing is certain, holajeedayy is an epitome of bab00n.

(1) (Reply)

10 Tips On How To Become A Successful Entrepreneur / Cab Business In Port Harcourt: How Lucrative / Would You Like A One On One Domain Flipping Training? Come In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.