Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's (33255 Views)

Which Of These Childhood Games Did You Play? / Which Of This Is Your Childhood Games (photos) / 15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by shumuel(m): 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2015
Captainswag225:
soo am glad u remember......ours came with a punishment for the loser lol, a hard knock or a painful slap on the back of ur hand. the good old days were fun i tell ya

Yeah i do and the punishment is same, so times its even money but i never engaged in such, i usually go for bragging rights as the best, sometimes you'll spin it on a table and place an higher education note book cover under it to allow it spin on it, then you'll lift it up, thats showing some skills, i hope you know the type of higher education notebook am refaring to ? The ones with thick cover of the 80's, mostly with green lines and not the fake they produce now o
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Captainswag225(m): 9:43pm On Dec 05, 2015
shumuel:

Yeah i do and the punishment is same, so times its even money but i never engaged in such, i usually go for bragging rights as the best, sometimes you'll spin it on a table and place an higher education note book cover under it to allow it spin on it, then you'll lift it up, thats showing some skills, i hope you know the type of higher education notebook am refaring to ? The ones with thick cover of the 80's, mostly with green lines and not the fake they produce now o
hahahaha, i know... unfortunately i wasnt a good spinner so i mostly sat back and watch as others suffered lol.... were u a spinning expect?
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by shumuel(m): 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2015
Captainswag225:
hahahaha, i know... unfortunately i wasnt a good spinner so i mostly sat back and watch as others suffered lol.... were u a spinning expect?

well i won't say the best, but on an average, i had a lot of home practise and my elder brother tutored me well, hmm we men now ooo, the kids of this indomie generation enjoys nothing, i swear.
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Captainswag225(m): 9:58pm On Dec 05, 2015
shumuel:

well i won't say the best, but on an average, i had a lot of home practise and my elder brother tutored me well, hmm we men now ooo, the kids of this indomie generation enjoys nothing, i swear.
i pity the kidz of today..... all they know is facebook, whatsapp and t.v.... they dont exercise their bodies..., they are always indoors. its a big shame that all dis games have died down. i think social media is to blame for dis. lol

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by shumuel(m): 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2015
Captainswag225:
i pity the kidz of today..... all they know is facebook, whatsapp and t.v.... they dont exercise their bodies..., they are always indoors. its a big shame that all dis games have died down. i think social media is to blame for dis. lol

Even the Tv is a mess, as for me my kids won't miss a thing, all the games, programmes and cartoon are fresh somewhere in my head, so i'll share cheesy

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by shumuel(m): 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2017
Who remembered this old thread and liked it grin chai...! Childhood memories
lalasticlala .... There is God oooo
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
.'After round one' is not a game for the fainthearted grin.
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Daeylar(f): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2017
Another throwback
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2017
What of love in Tokyo
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by olumidazz: 7:37pm On Oct 31, 2017
Ken ke high jump using igbepko broom or bamboo also kite flying was a street to street competition in those days. Back flips acrobatics etc
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by valgbo(m): 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2017
after 2 years
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 31, 2017
When men were boys and ladies were won by those who truly deserved them, good old days cry
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by tolexy007(m): 7:40pm On Oct 31, 2017
The best is Daddy and Mummy game
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Rick9(m): 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2017
Very funny but

Meanwhile A Barber Was Arrested in my area yesterday for selling weed,
I have been his customer for 2 years now and I didn't know he was a barber

2 Likes

Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by lanredavidju(m): 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2017
austine4real:
The hide and seek dey sweet mehn when playin it wt gals. I fvckd titi,tayo,dunsi etc.

Boju boju o oro n bo, e para mo etc.
small small bros which kind Bleep how old u b dat tym highest u touch ....
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2017
You Mess.
I remember those days. It always ended with fight grin grin
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
my guy u try o o. .but u know put others like....pito....who sabi swim water. . . .we are arising. . .ten ten. . .one day, one day, I go market I see one boy. . .
they are the oldies, yet they are the goodies!

www.valentine202.com
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
op you serve a living God thread from 2015 just dey hit front page
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Capital247: 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2017
Where is Tinko Tinko?
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Bolter96: 7:45pm On Oct 31, 2017
I was born in the 90's and I played all these games.
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Nobody: 7:46pm On Oct 31, 2017
Wrestling
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Lyoncrescent: 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2017
I think most of these games thrived because the 80s and 90s had this kind of communal feel to it. Plus NTA used to start broadcast by 4 pm and school used to end by 2.00 p.m. All these games kept us occupied and all. There was no internet then and very few families had cable tv not to even talk of generator. I remember when i first watched cabletel station then DBN and Clapperboard. Gone are the days. Nowadays, even a three year old can operate a tablet and they have access to entertainment 24/7 hence the death of such outdoor and indoor games.

After Round One,Original Panadol Extra had a hack;If you choose Five as your number, you simply cannot loose. Just keep on dropping five.

I was also a guru in x and o cheesy

Name Animal Place Thing

6 Likes

Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Divay22(f): 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2017
1235 cheesy cheesy
What about building house with sand...
Change your style cheesy cheesy
Mummy and daddy sad
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Gloria3389(f): 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2017
tinko tinko tikolomatiko....

I call on A, B, C...

form a big circle, like your mother's cooking pot...omo oba ngeshin lo, ngeshin lo,
omu yawo re kan dani..kandani kandani
awon mejeeji jo njo...jo njo jo njo...

hahaha...good old days

this indomie generation have a very boring childhood

3 Likes

Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Drenix(m): 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
name of boy name of boy..... ade... bayo... peter.. etc
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by kay29000(m): 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
I had a smile on my face as I read through this post. I remember all of them. Sweet memories...before the Internet and social media. It used to always amaze me how girls play that 'TEN TEN' game...moving the legs and hands so fast, and singing at the same time.
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Drenix(m): 7:50pm On Oct 31, 2017
X n 0.
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by oz4real83(m): 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2017
You forgot to add ''ten-ten'' mostly for girls. One of the songs that go with the game is:
new money e don come,
I buy garri10kobo,
I give mary to cook am,
Mary cook am e no done
I beat mary she no cry
I kil.l mary she no die
Which kind mary be this one
Amina amina toro,
A lazy girl,
Iyoooon,amina wants to cry
Dance skelebe,skelebe grin grin. U just brought back old memories! Nice one op!!!

5 Likes

Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by maklelemakukula(m): 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2017
Pilolo Pilolo
This one, everybody participating would get sticks and hand it over to the 'referee', they will then have to hide in a corner while the referee hides the sticks. Then the participants will come out of hiding in search of the sticks(screaming pilolo pilolo, pilolo pilolo). As soon as they find the sticks they rave to run a specified distance b4 handing their individual sticks to the referee, whoever finishes first wins
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by tunatrezy(m): 7:57pm On Oct 31, 2017
Adding mine, Soccer: 1. 4 post 2. one touch 3. two touch
Re: 12 Most Memorable Childhood Games In The 80's by Rick9(m): 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2017
Children don't play again these days, they press phones.

I did almost all that. Lovely memories of the early 2000s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Buys Wife N20M Range Rover After 10 Years Of Dating And 6 Years Of Marriage / Traditonal Marriage And Court Marriage / UNICAL Graduate Who Died Few Days To Her Wedding,buried In Her Wedding Dress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.