Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,901 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:53 PM

Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus (9732 Views)

Hilarious Photo Of Groom’s Father Watching His Son Rock His New Bride / Bride-to-be, Mother Were Buried On Her Wedding Day (photos) / Photo Of Mother Kissing Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day That Got People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by okangisaiah(f): 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2015
Omg! Just attended a wedding today and got the shock of my life.

The wedding was suppose to start by 10 am but we waited until 11 am when the groom finally arrived and matched into the church. The service commenced up till preaching of the message, the bride was not allowed to enter the church. After the preaching, the founder of the church announced that the wedding has been cancelled indefinitely.

The Pastor further explained that every church has its standard, policies and principles which guides the operation of the church. That the bride is a full and long time worker in the church who is suppose to know the principles of the church that you cannot be wedded with pregnancy. She lied to the marriage committee and refused to go for pregnancy test as required until the wedding day when she was forced to do it and the result was positive. This caused the pastor to cancel the wedding.

There was confusion in the church as some accused the pastor of being inhuman and causing disgrace, others blame the bride, some cursed the pastor church, while some were indifferent.

Upon enquiry, it was discovered that the bride had dated the groom who is an elder in a new generation church, the elder promised to marry her but on condition that she must be pregnant. She was in a fixed to keep the husband or maintain the standard of the church. I guess she wanted marriage and obeyed the man which caused her this great embarrassment.

She was advised to go wed in her husband church immediately but the founder of the church said he cannot join them equally that both were advised to wed in his church but they refused. With this everyone returned to the brides church pleaded the pastor and they were finally wedded. But the bride and groom almost cried their life out.

I felt so bad about the whole not knowing who to blame for the mess, is it the pastor, bride or the groom?
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by madridguy(m): 8:16pm On Dec 05, 2015
The pastor must be biggest ALAKOBA.

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by femifemo123: 8:17pm On Dec 05, 2015
Omo see gobe angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by raayah(f): 8:20pm On Dec 05, 2015
Strange, how can you say the church requires that a pregnant woman can't be married but yet you go ahead and let her conduct the ceremony.

Highly impossible for a church to let you marry when you haven't been tested. How come the church gave them a date, opened their doors and even held a sermon for the woman after she had not passed their requirements.

Sorry to say, its really unbelievable

Secondly, how can you force a woman to take a pregnancy test on her wedding day for that matter.

I know nairaland hates women in general and loves to see them being shamed but these yeye and false stories have to stop.

If a small chance that this is real, I would advise the woman to sue the church for damages.

The pastor is to be arrested for fraud.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by 4larrah(m): 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
Chai...If this pastor was God ehn,he would have wiped off the earth...

4 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by YorubaWoman: 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
blame it on the modern world.

Increasing rate of abortions, impaired wombs, unfaithfulness and wayward life styles of most modern ladies.
Which reduces the trust and respect from men folks.
And who want to marry a basket which can't holds water.

6 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by goodmorning40: 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
yeye pastor, agents of darkness
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by okangisaiah(f): 8:30pm On Dec 05, 2015
4larrah:
Chai...If this pastor was God ehn,he would have wiped off the earth...

I think the girl caused this having known the standard of the church she would have told the pastor or better still go and wed in her husband's church. Why would I even go for test to prove am not pregnant when I already know am pregy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by thorpido(m): 8:54pm On Dec 05, 2015
You know the church has rules and standard and if you decide to be a member and even a worker then you should abide by the rules.
When you decided to get pregnant,you should not have bothered with the church and simply go to the registry.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by stonecoldcafe: 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2015
Goodness me! Catastrophic for the poor couple. Well nothing bad, na just to snap and go do reception then straight to their home. That's all. A child is a blessing. He who is without sin should cast the 1st stone.

Congrats to the couple.

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by lilmax(m): 9:24pm On Dec 05, 2015
thorpido:
You know the church has rules and standard and if you decide to be a member and even a worker then you should abide by the rules.
When you decided to get pregnant,you should not have bothered with the church and simply go to the registry.
daz all,norrin to add

4 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by tpiar: 9:26pm On Dec 05, 2015
but Ikoyi registry is always open.

7 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Captainswag225(m): 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2015
the pastor needs deliverance...,*enermy of progress*

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by bomasek(m): 10:42pm On Dec 05, 2015
U see wetin the so called white wedding dey cause,if una do trado and registry,all this embarrassment go stop.

I don see people wey wed for church in Jan,welcome baby by March. Abi no be church be that.

4 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by femidejulius(m): 11:03pm On Dec 05, 2015
People need to free themselves from bondage of religion...

1. Church wedding is unchristian and unbiblical: Go through the bible and see for yourself. The weddings take place according to traditional. From this, traditional wedding is the acceptable wedding.

2. These churches won't test for your virginity but will test for pregnancy. The result is that dos who have constant sexual intercourse but are smart enough not to get pregnant and those who have been severally pregnant but have done abortion are free to get married in the church. This is injustice by the church

3. Lord don't despise sinners : Jesus throughout his life on earth is always seen amongst sinners. He said he came because of them. He will never turn them back. Okay, but the church will refuse to join the to-be couple together because they have sinned (she has indulge in pre marital sex). When you turn them down from the church, where do you expect them to go? A lot has since been discouraged from the church because of this.

4. Why do marriages still crash even after the wedding took place in the church? Why do even pastors wedding crash?

5. I know some pastor and churches have turn the church wedding to money making venture. If you hear what they collect to make the church wedding happen in their church, una go fear fear.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Chibaby87(f): 4:42am On Dec 06, 2015
Is the way modern churches does nowadays. Being pregnant before wedding is very good cos of evil people. One woman was pregnant before their wedding day but she aborted the baby cos she wanted to adhere to the rules and regulations of their church and after their wedding she didn't conceive again. Marriage of 8/9 years

5 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by bomasek(m): 5:48am On Dec 06, 2015
Chibaby87:
Is the way modern churches does nowadays. Being pregnant before wedding is very good cos of evil people. One woman was pregnant before their wedding day but she aborted the baby cos she wanted to adhere to the rules and regulations of their church and after their wedding she didn't conceive again. Marriage of 8/9 years
One died in the process of aborting the foetus even after traditional marriage rites have been done,church refused to shift their stand cause she was a so called church worker. Moral of the story; church still thrives while she's 6 feet under.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by DonTim1: 6:46am On Dec 06, 2015
Problem wit simple solution. If ur hubby to b decides u get preggers first, go to registry wit at least witnesess n parents, get married , do ur tin, get pregnant, com to churchfor 'white gown celebration' or is d child a resultof fornication? Abi which excuse pastor get agn ?

2 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by SAMBARRY: 7:36am On Dec 06, 2015
Exactly my thoughts.you've said it all.because there're too many question marks in this tale
raayah:
Strange, how can you say the church requires that a pregnant woman can't be married but yet you go ahead and let her conduct the ceremony.

Highly impossible for a church to let you marry when you haven't been tested. How come the church gave them a date, opened their doors and even held a sermon for the woman after she had not passed their requirements.

Sorry to say, its really unbelievable

Secondly, how can you force a woman to take a pregnancy test on her wedding day for that matter.

I know nairaland hates women in general and loves to see them being shamed but these yeye and false stories have to stop.

If a small chance that this is real, I would advise the woman to sue the church for damages.

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by SAMBARRY: 7:37am On Dec 06, 2015
bomasek:
One died in the process of aborting the foetus even after traditional marriage rites have been done,church refused to shift their stand cause she was a so called church worker. Moral of the story; church still thrives while she's 6 feet under.
chaiii embarassed
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by SAMBARRY: 7:40am On Dec 06, 2015
Chibaby87:
pity.why do our society, church inclusive put women in tight corners. Church WIll give their own rules, almighty inlaws Will give their own rules, and the man too will say his own.

Doesn't stop him from cheating if she's not able to take In on Time. Smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by rickybazeup(m): 7:40am On Dec 06, 2015
Religion is a bondage,the pastor won't wed a lady cos she is pregnant but yet you will agree to to wed a lady who committed abortion to please the church doctrines.. church is not for perfect pple but rather for perfecting pple,why not wed them since the onwer is not denying the pregnancy the mistake is made already and they want to seal it and yet you deny them the opportunity.you want to tell me that lady don't knw what to terminate that pregnancy just to let the marriage pull through so she can pls the church but she knws that killing an innocent baby is wrong in the site of God and want her to please their fucking man made doctrine writen in a bearpalour, my dear if she has done her traditional wedding pack ur load and move to ur husbands house even God is in support of that wedding cos that what matters,and rather than the food to waste move everybody back to the reception ground share the food for them and everyone should go home..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by SAMBARRY: 7:41am On Dec 06, 2015
Take 5 femi
femidejulius:
People need to free themselves from bondage of religion...

1. Church wedding is unchristian and unbiblical: Go through the bible and see for yourself. The weddings take place according to traditional. From this, traditional wedding is the acceptable wedding.

2. These churches won't test for your virginity but will test for pregnancy. The result is that dos who have constant sexual intercourse but are smart enough not to get pregnant and those who have been severally pregnant but have done abortion are free to get married in the church. This is injustice by the church

3. Lord don't despise sinners : Jesus throughout his life on earth is always seen amongst sinners. He said he came because of them. He will never turn them back. Okay, but the church will refuse to join the to-be couple together because they have sinned (she has indulge in pre marital sex). When you turn them down from the church, where do you expect them to go? A lot has since been discouraged from the church because of this.

4. Why do marriages still crash even after the wedding took place in the church? Why do even pastors wedding crash?

5. I know some pastor and churches have turn the church wedding to money making venture. If you hear what they collect to make the church wedding happen in their church, una go fear fear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by SAMBARRY: 7:44am On Dec 06, 2015
Exactly. This is the hypocrisy of christiandom kanwuliajara always talks about that you people Will want her head for.

Very pathetic
rickybazeup:
Religion is a bondage,the pastor won't wed a lady cos she is pregnant but yet you will agree to to wed a lady who committed abortion to please the church doctrines.. church is not for perfect pple but rather for perfecting pple,why not wed them since the onwer is not denying the pregnancy the mistake is made already and they want to seal it and yet you deny them the opportunity.you want to tell me that lady don't knw what to terminate that pregnancy just to let the marriage pull through so she can pls the church but she knws that killing an innocent baby is wrong in the site of God and want her to please their fucking man made doctrine writen in a bearpalour, my dear if she has done her traditional wedding pack ur load and move to ur husbands house even God is in support of that wedding cos that what matters,and rather than the food to waste move everybody back to the reception ground share the food for them and everyone should go home..
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Tallesty1(m): 7:46am On Dec 06, 2015
raayah:
You are less likely to lead a happy life if you continue chasing after wind this way.

Guys have met, fell in love and married women that they met on here.

I have developed strong friendship with females I met on here.

So where did you get this stupid notion that Nairaland hates women in general?

So with all your learning you still don't know that most of the stories they post here is for fun?

You still don't know that it is unwise to take online issues so serious?

Now look around you with your inner eyes.

Do you see couple in love?

Do you see men and women that got each others back?

Do you see guys and girls that are madly in love and could kill for each other?

Now what if I tell you that these people are Nairalanders?

Now listen.

I don't know where and how you were brought up.

I don't know the type of parents you have.

I don't know what you have suffered in the hands of men.

But I want you to know that Nairalanders love and respect women.

Stop fighting yourself in the name of doing women a favour.

You may end up giving yourself psychological problems.

Feminism is gradually making you mad.

The girl knew that the church has rules and standards so she has no right to complain.

She shouldn't have gone for a preggy test in the first place, knowing full well that she's pregnant. It shows how irresponsible she's, I hate it when people bring problem upon themselves and play victim card.
It doesn't make sense.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Tallesty1(m): 7:59am On Dec 06, 2015
Chibaby87:
So sad but I don't blame the church, I blame the fools that worship in the church.........

2 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Tallesty1(m): 8:03am On Dec 06, 2015
SAMBARRY:
pity.why do our society, church inclusive put women in tight corners. Church WIll give their own rules, almighty inlaws Will give their own rules, and the man too will say his own.

The society and church is unfair to everybody.

I expect people to use their brain, who makes those rules in the church? People, mostly the women but that is not business.

My problem however is the people that blame the church for a person's inability to use his or her brain.

There are churches out there that wedd preg women, why not go to those churches?

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Chibaby87(f): 8:19am On Dec 06, 2015
Tallesty1:
So sad but I don't blame the church, I blame the fools that worship in the church.........

We were discussing it the other day, one woman told us that her husband's brother only son got married at age of 19 years cos of his is the only son and he married a girl of 16 years for 2 years now no issue. I wonder they are doing boy/girlfriend, she would have taken in since. Evil people everywhere.
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by johnson232: 8:48am On Dec 06, 2015
raayah:

What do u mean by nairaland hate women in general?
Are there stringent rules set aside for females on this forum?
Pls learn to use the right words appropriately.

U really need to peruse the story again, with total sincerity i think the bride flawed.
she is familiar with the rules of the church, since she is pregnant, she should have wedded at the groom's modern church.

Simple logic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by johnson232: 8:50am On Dec 06, 2015
SAMBARRY:

Senseless rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Onegai(f): 9:04am On Dec 06, 2015
Chibaby87:

Same thing happened to our neighbour: got his fiancee pregnant and convinced her to abort because the church won't marry them. They had their lovely white wedding. 7 years later, still no child in sight (botched abortion led to complications), he went to his village and dropped Palm wine and yam and impregnated a 20 year old girl and proceeded to do trad wedding and marry that one. First wife had to move out. He and 2nd wife now have 3 kids and I have no idea where 1st wife is.
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by raayah(f): 9:45am On Dec 06, 2015
johnson232:

What do u mean by nairaland hate women in general?
Are there stringent rules set aside for females on this forum?
Pls learn to use the right words appropriately.

U really need to peruse the story again, with total sincerity i think the bride flawed.
she is familiar with the rules of the church, since she is pregnant, she should have wedded at the groom's modern church.

Simple logic.

Simple question, why did the church go ahead with the wedding?
A school cannot admit you without results,why a church?
This is fake

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Christmas Giveaway 2017!!! / Under What Circumstances Would You Adopt A Child? / Do Live-in Relatives Ruin The Spark In A Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.