Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,007 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus (9739 Views)

Hilarious Photo Of Groom’s Father Watching His Son Rock His New Bride / Bride-to-be, Mother Were Buried On Her Wedding Day (photos) / Photo Of Mother Kissing Her Daughter On Her Wedding Day That Got People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Ishilove: 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2015
Gidoka:
why not change it blessing of marriage instead of canceling it outrightly? I had a similar experience when I was getting married the priest (Anglican Church) canceled my wedding cos I was late, he was d one that fixed my wedding on the 30th of Nov knowing fully well dat it was environmental....

the wedding was slated for 10.30 I came past _11

my wife and the other bride knelt down with their gowns and begged him but he refused vehemently, my father in-law and my groom guys suggested we should do our reception and later come bck to him... that was wat we did. We came back to the church on Sunday dressed in our suit/gown.

they should move on... wats done is done after all the traditional marriage is the main thing.
today I jst celebrated my two years marriage anniversary. t.
You people still went back to him for blessing of marriage? Someone who has the temerity to try to ruin my special day does not deserve to be a part of something as important as marriage blessings. I will not accept the blessings of someone who could be so mean as to cancel my wedding ceremony. Is he God?? He is a pharisee and you people shouldn't have begged him. I also would have stopped attending that parish where he presides because he is wicked. What rubbish!

Religion is truly slavery. We adhere to man-made dogmas more than the word of God.
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by bomasek(m): 7:40pm On Dec 06, 2015
AtomikEnergy:
of course it does n u know it.
How boss?
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Ishilove: 7:41pm On Dec 06, 2015
mjconcept:

Christians are mandated to do church weddings otherwise you are excommunicated.
Stop generalising because not all churches make it mandatory

Which church will dare ex-communicate me because I didn't do church wedding?? Shey church don finish for Naija?
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by johnson232: 7:43pm On Dec 06, 2015
Ishilove:

Religion is truly slavery.
yeah, u maybe right, but excluding christianity.
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Owliver(m): 8:17pm On Dec 06, 2015
you knew the rules
you broke a rule
and you play the victim.
you mad or what?

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by ibisko04: 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
rickybazeup:
Religion is a bondage,the pastor won't wed a lady cos she is pregnant but yet you will agree to to wed a lady who committed abortion to please the church doctrines.. church is not for perfect pple but rather for perfecting pple,why not wed them since the onwer is not denying the pregnancy the mistake is made already and they want to seal it and yet you deny them the opportunity.you want to tell me that lady don't knw what to terminate that pregnancy just to let the marriage pull through so she can pls the church but she knws that killing an innocent baby is wrong in the site of God and want her to please their fucking man made doctrine writen in a bearpalour, my dear if she has done her traditional wedding pack ur load and move to ur husbands house even God is in support of that wedding cos that what matters,and rather than the food to waste move everybody back to the reception ground share the food for them and everyone should go home..
It's the highest degree of foolishness from the couple.
Because they don't know anything about marriage, they believe that until you have a ceremony in the Church you are not married.
Since the two of them are in agreement to become husband and wife, the two families are in agreement and consented to their union, every things are in order
What they need is love and understandings to live in peace and progress for the rest of their lives.
All these nonsense about Church wedding is because my people are too lazy to really make research about how it all began.

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Gidoka(m): 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2015
Ishilove:

You people still went back to him for blessing of marriage? Someone who has the temerity to try to ruin my special day does not deserve to be a part of something as important as marriage blessings. I will not accept the blessings of someone who could be so mean as to cancel my wedding ceremony. Is he God?? He is a pharisee and you people shouldn't have begged him. I also would have stopped attending that parish where he presides because he is wicked. What rubbish!

Religion is truly slavery. We adhere to man-made dogmas more than the word of God.

we had to.... something else was brewing, my friends were not taking it lightly to avoiding beating the priest we had to leave for the reception. my friends made contact with other men of God who agreed but all our arrangement was wit the church. Truly it was not funny... thank God today it's a STORY I tell.
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Ishilove: 9:17pm On Dec 06, 2015
Gidoka:

we had to.... something else was brewing, my friends were not taking it lightly to avoiding beating the priest we had to leave for the reception. my friends made contact with other men of God who agreed but all our arrangement was wit the church. Truly it was not funny... thank God today it's a STORY I tell.
Well thank God. I would have handled it differently, but I guess you were under pressure

1 Like

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by zexzy(f): 10:22pm On Dec 06, 2015
I have seen a similar case like this one, it happened in Redeem, The bride had gone for an abortion some days to the wedding because she was a chorister and wanted to wed in the church, but the wedding day pregnancy test conducted by the church chosen doctor still showed that she was pregnant, the wedding was also canceled.
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by thorpido(m): 10:32pm On Dec 06, 2015
zexzy:
I have seen a similar case like this one, it happened in Redeem, The bride had gone for an abortion some days to the wedding because she was a chorister and wanted to wed in the church, but the wedding day pregnancy test conducted by the church chosen doctor still showed that she was pregnant, the wedding was also canceled.
She's not smart.The pregnancy hormone HCG will still be high in the blood for some time even though the feotus has been evacuated.
She didn't have to abort.Just go and wed in the registry,shikena.
If you want a grand church wedding,avoid fornication.It's simple.

5 Likes

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Olufemiolaolu(m): 10:42pm On Dec 06, 2015
Chibaby87:

We were discussing it the other day, one woman told us that her husband's brother only son got married at age of 19 years cos of his is the only son and he married a girl of 16 years for 2 years now no issue. I wonder they are doing boy/girlfriend, she would have taken in since. Evil people everywhere.
Hmmm, u go like pumping b4 d wedding nite oooo grin
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by thorpido(m): 10:47pm On Dec 06, 2015
[quote author=kuverah . Lord don't despise sinners : Jesus throughout his life on earth is always seen amongst sinners. He said he came because of them. He will never turn them back. Okay, but the church will refuse to join the to-be couple together because they have sinned (she has indulge in pre marital sex). When you turn them down from the church, where do you expect them to go? A lot has since been discouraged from the church because of this.

[/quote]You people need to know your bible well before quoting it.Was it not the same Jesus that got a whip and entered the synagogue and whipped people out of it(Matt 21:12)?Why didn't he leave sinners to do whatever they wanted?
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 07, 2015
thorpido:
You know the church has rules and standard and if you decide to be a member and even a worker then you should abide by the rules.
When you decided to get pregnant,you should not have bothered with the church and simply go to the registry.

Are you minding them, they are always looking for who to blame..
I wonder why the pastor still wedded them, If I were the pastor and it was a principle not to wed pregnant ladies, I will just continue with the process and get the court to wed them or do exchange of rings or whatever the exert act they call wedding is
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 07, 2015
God bless the pastor/priest that will cancel my wedding for any reason: sex, pregnancy, lateness or whatever..
I wont make a show with my tears.. No way... I will continue with the reception and go pack to my husbands house...
BTW whats the idea behind traditional, court and church.. Repetition...
Do traditional and court from court, go to pastors office for prayers then join guests at the reception
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by KanwuliaJara: 3:45am On Dec 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:
Exactly. This is the hypocrisy of christiandom kanwuliajara always talks about that you people Will want her head for.

Very pathetic

Chei!!!!! shocked
NL STILL dey exist? grin
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by baby124: 4:22am On Dec 10, 2015
Can you just imagine? One human being causing so much pain. When Mary married Joseph was she not pregnant? People that tie their joy and happiness to a mere human being. They better go to court and enjoy their reception. They need to find another church to go to, since the rules of the church do not join with their lifestyle.That pastor is not without sin himself. So what are we really talking about.
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by cynhamscakes(f): 5:08am On Dec 10, 2015
raayah:
Strange, how can you say the church requires that a pregnant woman can't be married but yet you go ahead and let her conduct the ceremony.

Highly impossible for a church to let you marry when you haven't been tested. How come the church gave them a date, opened their doors and even held a sermon for the woman after she had not passed their requirements.

Sorry to say, its really unbelievable

Secondly, how can you force a woman to take a pregnancy test on her wedding day for that matter.

I know nairaland hates women in general and loves to see them being shamed but these yeye and false stories have to stop.

If a small chance that this is real, I would advise the woman to sue the church for damages.

The pastor is to be arrested for fraud.

You spoke my mind.
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by jmaxjohn(m): 5:23am On Dec 10, 2015
D pastor z a fool niyen. An unreasonable fool. Na so Jesus 4 behave? Can't u discipline dem after marriage? D standards of Jehovah's Witnesses r d best. Dis kyn tin, dey go let una marry finish, enjoy d day, enjoy ur honeymoon b4 dey giv una d discipline.
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by SAMBARRY: 6:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Chei!!!!! shocked
NL is dey exist? grin
yes o grin grin
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by KanwuliaJara: 6:46pm On Dec 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:
yes o grin grin

O tio! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by SAMBARRY: 7:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

O tio! grin
grin
funny woman grin
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by KanwuliaJara: 7:51pm On Dec 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin
funny woman grin

Any new "scammers" yet? tongue
Abi NL "BABES" don dey wise not to fall for "woman-rappers"? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by SAMBARRY: 8:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
grin
KanwuliaJara:

Any new "scammers" yet? tongue
Abi NL "BABES" don dey wise not to fall for "woman-rappers"? grin
so you hear the jist ?grin

I thought you weren't aware grin

As for the nl babes their head Don dey correct. Especially awon omoge landan grin
Those ones wey pack school fees give 419 grin

As them no gree get sense easily, them don get sense by force grin
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by kuverah(f): 12:09pm On Dec 11, 2015
[quote author=thorpido post=40756094][/quote]What i'm tryin 2 say is, though d couple hav sinned by indulgin in pre marital sex bt if de wedin did nt take place in de church it wil affect thier faith greatly, bt let d pastor hv a one on one talk with dem join dem in matrimony n u wil c hw tins wil turn out positively n it hv a great impact in d lives of belivers. Who knows dis single act wil bring a decline in such cases.
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by KanwuliaJara: 2:40pm On Dec 11, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin so you hear the jist ?grin

I thought you weren't aware grin

As for the nl babes their head Don dey correct. Especially awon omoge landan grin
Those ones wey pack school fees give 419 grin

As them no gree get sense easily, them don get sense by force grin

Muchechecheche

Blokos dey sweeeeeet toooo musssssh!
Na my school the babe dey go sef?
Right for my backyard!
What a small, WONDERFUL world!!!! grin
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by thorpido(m): 4:38pm On Dec 11, 2015
kuverah:
What i'm tryin 2 say is, though d couple hav sinned by indulgin in pre marital sex bt if de wedin did nt take place in de church it wil affect thier faith greatly, bt let d pastor hv a one on one talk with dem join dem in matrimony n u wil c hw tins wil turn out positively n it hv a great impact in d lives of belivers. Who knows dis single act wil bring a decline in such cases.
What is usually done is that they come back later for marriage blessing.It doesn't mean they send them away from the church.
The marriage ceremony will not take place in church under such circumstance.
You can't treat such cases with kid's gloves or else there won't be a standard.Faith and discipline go hand in hand.
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by SAMBARRY: 6:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
grin grin grin grin
KanwuliaJara:

Muchechecheche

Blokos dey sweeeeeet toooo musssssh!
Na my school the babe dey go sef?
Right for my backyard!
What a small, WONDERFUL world!!!! grin
Re: Bride And Groom Cry On Their Wedding Day As Pastor Cancels Wedding. Guest Confus by astute07(f): 11:43pm On Dec 11, 2015
madridguy:
The pastor must be biggest ALAKOBA.

Lolz & he finally wedded dem.mtcheww
End time pastor

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Do Live-in Relatives Ruin The Spark In A Marriage? / How Is It To Be A "White Wife" In Nigeria? / Share Your Worst Or Funny Experience With Sleep Talkers Or Sleep Walkers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.