Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately (8589 Views)

Yorubas Have Kicked Off The Agitation For A Country / Nnamdi Kanu Will Continue Agitation For Igbo Nation – Wife / Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 06, 2015
A colleague who is a lawyer asked me whats my opinion regarding the agitation for biafra. My take. .

Biafra has always been a fight of selfish interests since after the civil war...even during the civil war, many parts of the so-called biafran states refused to fight...if only these boys jumping around with green n red flags witnessed the biafran war, or even asked their fathers the raw truth about the war (dat is if their fathers even fought during the war, cos many of them hid and ran with their mums) then they would have retraced their steps...cos same thing that repeated then, is currently repeating now. Then the states were divided, now the igbos are divided...

aside from what u mentioned above, alot of igbos in government would never back the move cos they are comfortable, igbos with good flourishing business would never support war, igbos living comfortable from the fruits of their hard labour would never wish for they they suffered years in actualizing to be bombed to the ground....only those who are looking for opportunity to loot their fellow igbos and opportunity to fight and profit from the dividends of war and the jobless dat will carry this matter on the head like gala.

During the biafran war, Ojukwu was smart to get away with it and ran to the neighbouring country on asylum...Nnamdi wasn't lucky enough, war never even start, him don land for net...getting out would never be easy. I would never wish for a repeat of the war that turned my father and his father into poor people...make una use una head for once.

Even when GEJ was in seat, biafra was not a discussed issue, now that he is out, protests don start. Na wa oh...hapu nu buhari ka anyi hu ihe ochoro ime tupu akpogideya n'obe. Now is not then...he does not have full authority, but we do...pls lets not abuse freedom of speech nor abuse the freedom of movement nor the freedom.

Good morning.

updates on the way . . .

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 06, 2015
Biafra when Anambra will not marry Imo...if one forces on and does that he or she is seen as a rebel in his or her father's house.
You ask for Biafra when Nsukka people are seen as third class igbo people.
You want Biafra yet Abakaliki people are not seen as humans amongst several igbo people...always been regarded worthless people.#OnyeAbakaliki.
You want Biafra yet discriminate amongst catholic and Anglicans...using virgin mary and new age pastors as excuse.
Biko gwanum what are we fighting for? #smh

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by DickDastardly(m): 10:19am On Dec 06, 2015
Fear fear man grin See you on the battle field wink

#SayNoToViolenceOrWar tongue

7 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 06, 2015
DickDastardly:
Fear fear man grin See you on the battle field wink

#SayNoToViolenceOrWar tongue

What's this one saying? who is afraid, all am saying is that the igbos are not ready now until we are all United.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by LordMecuzy(m): 10:23am On Dec 06, 2015
antibiafra:
A colleague who is a lawyer asked me whats my opinion regarding the agitation for biafra. My take. .

Biafra has always been a fight of selfish interests since after the civil war...even during the civil war, many parts of the so-called biafran states refused to fight...if only these boys jumping around with green n red flags witnessed the biafran war, or even asked their fathers the raw truth about the war (dat is if their fathers even fought during the war, cos many of them hid and ran with their mums) then they would have retraced their steps...cos same thing that repeated then, is currently repeating now. Then the states were divided, now the igbos are divided...aside from what u mentioned above, alot of igbos in government would never back the move cos they are comfortable, igbos with good flourishing business would never support war, igbos living comfortable from the fruits of their hard labour would never wish for they they suffered years in actualizing to be bombed to the ground....only those who are looking for opportunity to loot their fellow igbos and opportunity to fight and profit from the dividends of war and the jobless dat will carry this matter on the head like gala. During the biafran war, Ojukwu was smart to get away with it and ran to the neighbouring country on asylum...Nnamdi wasn't lucky enough, war never even start, him don land for net...getting out would never be easy. I would never wish for a repeat of the war that turned my father and his father into poor people...make una use una head for once. Even when GEJ was in seat, biafra was not a discussed issue, now that he is out, protests don start. Na wa oh...hapu nu buhari ka anyi hu ihe ochoro ime tupu akpogideya n'obe. Now is not then...he does not have full authority, but we do...pls lets not abuse freedom of speech nor abuse the freedom of movement nor the freedom.
Good evening

3 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by IgrigiEOD: 10:23am On Dec 06, 2015
**grins** @ antibiafra have you listened to the discussions of between Hon. farouk and kunle?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 10:24am On Dec 06, 2015
Biafran fanatics on my social networks has decided to let good reasoning and the truth reign in their lives...bombarding me with funny justifications for protest acts and how they are being marginalized.
Lol, na now una know say una dey marginalized?...Former governor of Abia state received millions abi billions of allocation and lots of internal revenues, use am sponsor himself n family and well wishers, Aba no even get one good road...and that is called...?
Igbo governors go dey for seat and will work and give contracts to only his family or close relations without sending other people dat are worthy to be contracted, and you call that...?
I saw lots of medical students travelling to as far as kano and kaduna to submit their cvs for intern posts in federal medical hospitals there whereas there are lots of federal medical centres here and general hospital, I was forced to ask why the migration to such a troubled region for green pasture and they said, "if u are not related to someone in d hospital or if u don't have a letter from a top senator or someone in authority, u can never get an intern post."...now dat just an intern post, how about the proper employment post, I wonder if na president go give letter then...and that is called...?
These are just a few dat I can write here...I must b honest with u all, till the we igbos learn to love each other, there can never b biafra even if we are given biafra, we will still go to war amongst each other...igbo is d most divide ethic group in Africa...a yoruba man will feel better to talk with his brother in yoruba, and hausa man will love u just because u spoke hausa to him...you can never speak to ur fellow igbo man for just 2mins without hearing pidgin or english...some chicks will even add phonetics to the little igbo they speak.
I would've written dis in igbo, but quote me anywhere only 10% of the igbos I have here will b able to read it.
No one grows flowers in umuahia...people grow wat they can eat.

updates coming soon . .

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 06, 2015
IgrigiEOD:
**grins** @ antibiafra have you listened to the discussions of between Hon. farouk and kunle?

This is my personal opinion . . .

3 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by DickDastardly(m): 10:25am On Dec 06, 2015
antibiafra:

What's this one saying? who is afraid, all am saying is that the igbos are not ready now until we are all United.
Unite the world

1 Like

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by IgrigiEOD: 10:26am On Dec 06, 2015
antibiafra:
This is my personal opinion . . .
**grins** have you listened to that audio?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 06, 2015
the call for secession of biafra has always been a selfish one.

it's so easy to manipulate Igbos people.

Ojukwu who claimed he was defending his people and their territory decided to extend their territory to Lagos by advancing through Ore.
he fled and abandoned his people at the first opportunity he got.

Now another mad man is here, about to take them on a ride through the valley of death and massacre, you would think they will be wiser now.

13 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 06, 2015
IgrigiEOD:

**grins** have you listened to that audio?

No and not interested. If Biafra must succeed the igbos need to be United, there must be love among them. Let's avoid violence, this time no use of the sword but the pen for the pen is mightier than the sword.

5 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 06, 2015
[quote author=Ioannes post=40736128]the call for secession of biafra has always been a selfish one.

it's so easy to manipulate Igbos people.

Ojukwu who claimed he was defending his people and their territory decided to extend their territory to Lagos by advancing through Ore.
he fled and abandoned his people at the first opportunity he got.

Now another mad man is here, about to take them on a ride through the valley of death and massacre, you would think they will be wiser now.[/quote

off course the igbos are wiser now that's why they are using the pen not the sword
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Blizzy9ja: 10:34am On Dec 06, 2015
Whats wrong if the Igbo want Biafra without war?... Truth be told Nigerians hate Igbos, they see them as a conquered people that are supposed to always shut up... If they're tired of playing second fiddle and they think they can govern themselves comfortably, why not?(I know a lot of people hate this) but the truth is bitter

No Nigerian has been able to give a concrete reason why these people should still remain, the present govt is not even helping matters, further dividing the country along ethnic lines with its body language

During my service year the yoruba guys were always on the "Omo Ibos'" case and I'll be like "wetin dem do una?"

19 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by IgrigiEOD: 10:36am On Dec 06, 2015
antibiafra:

No and not interested. If Biafra must succeed the igbos need to be United, there must be love among them. Let's avoid violence, this time no use of the sword but the pen for the pen is mightier than the sword.

**grins** Why are you not interested? Is it because you are yoruba? grin *grins*

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by ify2016: 10:43am On Dec 06, 2015
antibiafra:
Biafra when Anambra will not marry Imo...if one forces on and does that he or she is seen as a rebel in his or her father's house.
You ask for Biafra when Nsukka people are seen as third class igbo people.
You want Biafra yet Abakaliki people are not seen as humans amongst several igbo people...always been regarded worthless people.#OnyeAbakaliki.
You want Biafra yet discriminate amongst catholic and Anglicans...using virgin mary and new age pastors as excuse.
Biko gwanum what are we fighting for? #smh

You no get sense at all. See your pot of lies

10 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 06, 2015
We can't even defend our own --- from language to culture and traditions, now in some parts of the Igboland, the Ezes and igwes bow to greet the governors, they are even summoned to meetings and will have to be there on time and wait, failure to show complacence the staff of office will be taken from you...you can never see that in yoruba land or in the hausa land...make I hear say amosun dey stand before oba of lagos when him never prostrate first in greetings and to recieve blessings...just say the Oba of lagos cough during the election, we all say what happened...that kind thing go hard for igboland now oh...ugbua a n'echizi eze echi...anaghizi amu eze amu. If u know a newly wedded couple that actually drank the same palmwine that the lady went about in the midst of the attendees with...pls holla!!! Now once the lady gets to her man, they pour away the drink and put in a fresh one...reason: them dey avoid juju tins and poison things, no one trusts no one. I dey even go far, most igbo people will tell u, if u see an mbaise man and a snake, kill the mbaise man first before the snake...we all know why, abi? But is that meant to be...how could u all call urself one when in we are far from being one?
Nowadays, rich kids intimidate the poor ones with english language...the poor igbo kid is made to understand that his school is poor cos they allow him to speak igbo.
No be bauchi governor approve 55m for the state's Quranic recitation competition...now who go approve 500k for bible competitions? Lol, Even the schools owned by churches in this place collect higher fees than the normal schools.
I am not fighting anyone on this biafra issues oh...I am just saying that we all need love each other first, and be orientated properly before delving into what drastically reduced our strength and power in the 1960's...after the biafran war then every single igbo man that was in the country or had money in the country was instantly made poor no matter how much they had.......

7 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 06, 2015
[quote author=antibiafra post=40736224][/quote]
I sure hope so.
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 06, 2015
IgrigiEOD:

**grins** This is why you yorubas are seen as senseless folks. You allow almajiris to launch attack signals from lagos into Biafra, and expected Ojukwu to send you a thank you message. Jokers! If the capital is moved to Lagos tommorow and you allow Buhari to launch attack against Biafra from there, Biafrans will definitely come for you all, this time there won't be a traitor Banjo to scuttle things. **grins**

won't even dignify your childish rants with a response.

1 Like

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 06, 2015
The moderators should kindly send this topic to the front page, Nigerians and igbos need to be enlightened. This is geared to unite Nigerians once again in respective of her ethnic and religious background. Let's all work together and support the current government to bring Nigeria to greater height. God bless Nigeria!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 06, 2015
when I was growing up my father taught me that IBO's are conquerors and are never victims I wonder where all this victim mentality is coming from we say we are "marginalized" still at what we have achieved over the years quit playing the victim and a lot of u here claiming and feeling like Biafra would be an utopia answer this how many of you can give money or help an old man/woman in ur village without fear or even go home and move freely without fear in your villages

3 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 06, 2015
antibiafra:
The moderators should kindly send this topic to the front page, Nigerians and igbos need to be enlightened. This is geared to unite Nigerians once again in respective of her ethnic and religious background. Let's all work together and support the current government to bring Nigeria to greater height. God bless Nigeria!!!!

Nigeria is not one & can not be one

Lets stop deceiving ourselves

Biafra is the only way!

13 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 06, 2015
ify2016:

You no get sense at all. See your pot of lies
who is lying and how?
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 06, 2015
Your opinion have been noted but be re assured you have just 1 vote if you are really igbo.

We igbos are not divided, we are united and we have proved that to Nigeria during the elections that we speak with one voice and we are created with one mind.

Biafra is not a question of "if it will come" rather it is now a question of "when it will come" it could be in the next 5 to 10yrs but it MUST happen, nothing except God can stop it and God is with us because we are asking for liberation from the Nigerian bondage and as he granted the Israelis freedom from their oppressors in the bible, so is he going to grant us freedom from our oppressors and those that conspire against us which is the Nigerian state and it's Government.

Watch as it happens live in your eyes.

14 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 06, 2015
Abeg my brothers make we try use our heads abeg...when the elephants fight na the trees dey suffer oh...war is the biggest business now oh...make we no allow them use us make money oh...
And lest I forget, if Biafra comes, pls who will rule? And where will be the capital?...na another fight be that oh.
And oh...I stand to be corrected oh but pls with facts oh...

2 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by okolochyke: 11:14am On Dec 06, 2015
IgrigiEOD:

**grins** Why are you not interested? Is it because you are yoruba? grin *grins*

igrigrihercules grin grin grin

collynzo so in our absence , you have been bullying these kids?

be careful

1 Like

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:22am On Dec 06, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
Whats wrong if the Igbo want Biafra without war?... Truth be told Nigerians hate Igbos, they see them as a conquered people that are supposed to always shut up... If they're tired of playing second fiddle and they think they can govern themselves comfortably, why not?(I know a lot of people hate this) but the truth is bitter

No Nigerian has been able to give a concrete reason why these people should still remain, the present govt is not even helping matters, further dividing the country along ethnic lines with its body language

During my service year the yoruba guys were always on the "Omo Ibos'" case and I'll be like "wetin dem do una?"

^^^Truth be told, it's not all Nigerians.....not even all Hausa/Fulani or Yoruba; just a vociferous vocal few! wink

You'll normally find them in APC; they're overly possessive of Lagos and always want Igbos 'put in their place' in the city; they adore Awolowo and Sadauna (nothing wrong with that) and think they're infallible; they hate it when any Igbo rubs shoulders with their own entrepreneurs like Dangote and Adenuga....Igbos are the common enemy as far as they're concerned and they need to be shown they can't measure up in Forbes Richest List; they love Okorocha and Ngige; they admire any Igbo who has self-hate for his people and is a 'one Nigeria' proponent; they hate Igbos but don't want them to leave Nigeria because they grudgingly accept that if Igbos leave it could spell disaster for their billion dollar investments in Nigeria (some Igbo entrepreneurs are in this category as well) and Lagos preeminent position as the economic powerhouse of West Africa could be threatened; they get a raging bone/r at the mere thought of the South East being 'landlocked' and at an economic disadvantage when compared to their Lagos, Abuja, kaduna and kano; they almost get a heart attack when the Niger Delta shows any kind of solidarity with Igbos and they always go out of their way to try and convince others that there are no Igbo in the so called South South; they hate the thought of Alaigbo having anything remotely resembling commercially viable oyel wells/blocks, and you'll find them rooting for Kogi against Anambra even without being in full possession of the facts; and i could go on and on!

Nigeria as we know it is living on borrowed time! smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Adindupeter: 11:28am On Dec 06, 2015
Igbo wanna be

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Southern Cameroon And Biafra Wants To Join Forces - Must Watch / BREAKING: Court Grants Former Plateau Governor, Jonah Jang Bail Channels Televis / Why I Want To Be President – Mimiko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.