Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,330 members, 7,826,310 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately (8606 Views)

Yorubas Have Kicked Off The Agitation For A Country / Nnamdi Kanu Will Continue Agitation For Igbo Nation – Wife / Pro-jonathan Elements Behind Renewed Agitation For Biafra - Senator Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 11, 2015
chuose:

Don't bother pls. I think we all need it though is not that common.

1 Like

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Cashyguy(m): 1:28am On Dec 11, 2015
Forever remain in the dark, BASTARD!
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by IPOB123london: 2:58am On Dec 11, 2015
Poster

Do u really think u are making sense?. All they do is ban ban ban. Are they making sense
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by IPOB123london: 3:03am On Dec 11, 2015
On the other side of thingz it like saying the yoruba gays that live and pay tax in lagos cnt use fashola BRT transport cuz of they are gays.

Hey they better come out to speak the truth
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by unclejb2(m): 3:12am On Dec 11, 2015
antibiafra:

What's this one saying? who is afraid, all am saying is that the igbos are not ready now until we are all United.
just shut ur shitty mouth that is constantly ravaged by ur yoruba boyfriend

1 Like

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by jpphilips(m): 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ioannes:
the call for secession of biafra has always been a selfish one.

it's so easy to manipulate Igbos people.

Ojukwu who claimed he was defending his people and their territory decided to extend their territory to Lagos by advancing through Ore.
he fled and abandoned his people at the first opportunity he got.

Now another mad man is here, about to take them on a ride through the valley of death and massacre, you would think they will be wiser now.

However I hate Ojukwu the truth must be spoken at all times, the march to Ore was no expansionist agenda.
The maps of Biafra has been drawn and sealed before that invasion.
The march to Ore was in response to the seige laid by the federal forces at Opi near Nsukka where the war started.
Unfortunately, Unprepared Ojukwu was decimated. The target was actually Lagos not Ore.
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by VintageCocktail(m): 1:03pm On Dec 13, 2015
jpphilips:

However I hate Ojukwu the truth must be spoken at all times, the march to Ore was no expansionist agenda.
The march to Ore was in response to the seige laid by the federal forces at Opi near Nsukka where the war started.
Unfortunately, Unprepared Ojukwu was decimated. The target was actually Lagos not Ore.
I really appreciates this correction. Most people believed otherwise erroneously.
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by jpphilips(m): 1:13pm On Dec 13, 2015
Blizzy9ja:
Whats wrong if the Igbo want Biafra without war?... Truth be told Nigerians hate Igbos, they see them as a conquered people that are supposed to always shut up... If they're tired of playing second fiddle and they think they can govern themselves comfortably, why not?(I know a lot of people hate this) but the truth is bitter

No Nigerian has been able to give a concrete reason why these people should still remain, the present govt is not even helping matters, further dividing the country along ethnic lines with its body language

During my service year the yoruba guys were always on the "Omo Ibos'" case and I'll be like "wetin dem do una?"

I dont agree with you, Nigerians dont hate igbos, Igbos refused to learn the politics of survival.
Imagine someone who lost an election pushing for secession, who does that in the world?
The Republicans are yet to smell power since George Bush are dey pushing to secede?
The subsidiaries of APC never saw power for 16yrs did they push for secession?
Just imagine their level of Political myopism.
The average igbo man is politically cursed that is the only problem I see here, this curse guarantees that Igbos always make wrong political choices, from history, this curse has been around for a very long time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 13, 2015
jpphilips:

That's right. and that calls to question Ojukwu's motives. why the long march to Lagos instead of staying and protecting your boundary.

answer: he wanted to use force to become NIGERIA's head of state and commander-in-chief. don't forget that Ojukwu was a trained soldier and well versed in tactics.
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by VintageCocktail(m): 1:49pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ioannes:

That's right. and that calls to question Ojukwu's motives. why the long march to Lagos instead of staying and protecting your boundary.

answer: he wanted to use force to become NIGERIA's head of state and commander-in-chief. don't forget that Ojukwu was a trained soldier and well versed in tactics.
Stop insinuating and arguing like an illiterate. Someone declared a republic and at the same time gunning for head of state.
That's fallacious. Lagos is too strategic for both sides and capturing it will bring the enemies to their knees and create room for dialogue, the same Gowon was heading to Ojukwus headquarters.
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 13, 2015
VintageCocktail:
Stop insinuating and arguing like an illiterate. Someone declared a republic and at the same time gunning for head of state.
That's fallacious. Lagos is too strategic for both sides and capturing it will bring the enemies to their knees and create room for dialogue, the same Gowon was heading to Ojukwus headquarters.

and who is the illiterate now?go and read about the follow up to the war, how Ojukwu was pissed that Gowon who was junior in rank to him was made the head of state. get your facts right before coming to troll here.
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by VintageCocktail(m): 2:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ioannes:

and who is the illiterate now?go and read about the follow up to the war, how Ojukwu was pissed that Gowon who was junior in rank to him was made the head of state. get your facts right before coming to troll here.

Oh stop with the innuendos and chitchat about what happened after the war, what happened during the war? Has Ojukwu ever come out to declare his intention for pushing to capture Lagos or has anybody closed to him revealed such? Why are you hell bent on ascribing what is not to a clear situation?
And what's your deal with Biafra's issues as a whole? Your obsession with Biafran's discussion is becoming worrisome and downright obsessional and albeit lack objectivity.

1 Like

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by VintageCocktail(m): 2:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
jpphilips:

I dont agree with you, Nigerians dont hate igbos, Igbos refused to learn the politics of survival.
Imagine someone who lost an election pushing for secession, who does that in the world?
The Republicans are yet to smell power since George Bush are dey pushing to secede?
The average igbo man is politically cursed that is the only problem I see here, this curse guarantees that Igbos always make wrong political choices, from history, this curse has been around for a very long time.
It is erroneous to say that Igbos lost the last election, Jonathan did and he is not Igbo. That igbos supported him doesn't mean he is Igbo.
Igbos may not be highly placed like the rest of them tripod but with the whining, wailing and secession threat they will achieve more than they may have achieved if they have their own up there.
Remember, Jonathan didn't do any spectacular thing in the south east.
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2015
jpphilips:

Kindly get your facts right. On no account should you ever spill your mouth and say the igbos are cursed. you call a tribe that holds the economy of Nigeria cursed. Tell me a tribe in the world who have passed through what the igbos have passed trough and are still successful today be it business, education, music, industry, economics etc . They survived a war and are waxing strong. An AVERAGE igbo man is financially ok but can you say the same for other tribes. No offence intended.

2 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 13, 2015
unclejb2:
just shut ur shitty mouth that is constantly ravaged by ur yoruba boyfriend

What makes you think my boyfriend is yoruba. my bf is simply a NIGERIAN. ONUKWU

TEAM ONE NIGERIA
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by jpphilips(m): 2:58pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ioannes:

Your reasoning sef, you sound like those guys who sit in front of the class yet hardly make good grades.
Damn! !

1 Like

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by jpphilips(m): 3:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ioannes:

Pls shut up!! It is only a f00l that doesn't respect superior arguements.
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by EasternLeopard: 3:05pm On Dec 13, 2015
Mynd44 please check this topic and close it

I told SEUN that, both pro Biafra and anti Biafra topics should be dropped on secessionist section to help NL appear fair to all.

Please check and act base on wisdom

If you don't want to close it , take it to secessionist section

1 Like

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by willow0803: 3:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
antibiafra:

What makes you think my boyfriend is yoruba. my bf is simply a NIGERIAN. ONUKWU

TEAM ONE NIGERIA

i just pity you, you are a woman and you don't have an idea of how an average igbo man suffers to succeed in this nation , for once be truthful to your self. if there was no protest, will other ethnicities come out to condemn the marginalization, you are not intelligent, so you expect us to keep quiet and let the marginalization continue ba?, when last was there any federal presence in igboland or because you are in Lagos you feel my brothers in the east are enjoying abi, do you know how hard it is to do business in the east but because of the intelligence and the resilient nature of the average igbo man, we have scaled through despite the hurdles , Do you know our language is at the brink of extinction in Lagos? infact i hate you and will never take you as a sister because you hate the igbos and yet you claim that you are an igbo woman. if your life is good, it doesn't mean everyone is too.

People criticize nnamdi for his choice of words but the intelligent knows that that is the only way the igbos can be taken serious. you need to understand how Nigeria works and stop behaving like an osu (outcast) but FYI your topic starts and end here, The plan of God can never be thwarted, It is slow but surely it will come.

Nonsense angry

1 Like

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by willow0803: 3:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
Don't ever call the igbos cursed, You are blessed to have us in the south. the yorubas cant pass thru what the igbos passed through and survive, infact they will have the highest amounts of illiterates, slums, and poverty stricken people in africa. yes! because the only reason why they are almost at par if at all is because of the indigenization decree, if not for that, they will be all i've described.

Quote me anywhere.

jpphilips:

1 Like

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by jpphilips(m): 3:30pm On Dec 13, 2015
VintageCocktail:
It is erroneous to say that Igbos lost the last election, Jonathan did and he is not Igbo. That igbos supported him doesn't mean he is Igbo.
Igbos may not be highly placed like the rest of them tripod but with the whining, wailing and secession threat they will achieve more than they may have achieved if they have their own up there.
Remember, Jonathan didn't do any spectacular thing in the south east.

When you support someone in an election invariably you have tied your interest around his victory.
His loss becomes your loss as well. It is no rocket science to figure out and nobody said Igbos supported Jonathan because he is igbo.
Naa that is the political miscalculation i ve been warning against,
1) you are not in any position to threaten anybody because you were defeated in battle.
Let me make it clear to you the tripod (like you put it) are not threatened because you have absolutely nothing to threaten with.
A 48hrs military operation in Onitsha will reduce those storey buildings to dust and flames, don't give Nigeria a reason to respond in kind.

Secondly, You erroneously thought that your secession noise is giving you political relevance, this can only come from a politically myopic individual. In the long run it makes you less politically trust worthy in the Tripod.

Another misconception i will like to clear is that some of you are basking in the Euphoria of recent appointments thinking it is "compensative" of the so called marginalisation cry of the Igbos, as a mater of undiluted fact, the likes of Ogbonnaya Onu and Ngige were all in the APC from inception hence it is not suprising seeing them favored with appointments.

It will be a compensation if the quota of other regions was transferred to the SE to appease them but that never happened that only proves that the tripod consider Igbos nothing but noise makers.

Make no mistakes the more you dissociate yourself from the Unity of Nigeria the more you remain a political pariah, dont say I didn't warn you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by willow0803: 3:34pm On Dec 13, 2015
Then revolution will take place, it is inevitable, you think igbos need nigeria ba, dont worry

jpphilips:

When you support someone in an election invariably you have tied your interest around his victory.
His loss becomes your loss as well. It is no rocket science to figure out and nobody said Igbos supported Jonathan because he is igbo.
1) you are not in any position to threaten anybody because you were defeated in battle.
Let me make it clear to you the tripod (like you put it) are not threatened because you have absolutely nothing to threaten with.
A 48hrs military operation in Onitsha will reduce those storey buildings to dust and flames, don't give Nigeria a reason to respond in kind.

Secondly, You erroneously thought that your secession noise is giving you political relevance, this can only come from a politically myopic individual. In the long run it makes you less politically trust worthy in the Tripod.

Another misconception i will like to clear is that some of you are basking in the Euphoria of recent appointments thinking it is "compensative" of the so called marginalisation cry of the Igbos, as a mater of undiluted fact, the likes of Ogbonnaya Onu and Ngige were all in the APC from inception hence it is not suprising seeing them favored with appointments.

It will be a compensation if the quota of other regions was transferred to the SE to appease them but that never happened that only proves that the tripod consider Igbos nothing but noise makers.

Make no mistakes the more you dissociate yourself from the Unity of Nigeria the more you remain a political pariah, dont say I didn't warn you.

1 Like

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by jpphilips(m): 3:42pm On Dec 13, 2015
antibiafra:

Kindly get your facts right. On no account should you ever spill your mouth and say the igbos are cursed. you call a tribe that holds the economy of Nigeria cursed. Tell me a tribe in the world who have passed through what the igbos have passed trough and are still successful today be it business, education, music, industry, economics etc . They survived a war and are waxing strong. An AVERAGE igbo man is financially ok but can you say the same for other tribes. No offence intended.

Politically cursed doesn't mean totally cursed so you can spare us the bigotry, while I agree you have thrived economically it doesnt take away the fact that others have thrived politically where Igbos are yet to make a mark, no thanks to their political miscalculations and buffonery.
You just cant have it all.

3 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
jpphilips:

Pls shut up!! It is only a f00l that doesn't respect superior arguements.

yeah, I agree with you on that one. now toddle off and go read up on your history lessons so that you can offer superior argument next time.

(pls don't make me break out the whole arsenal. today is Sunday).

a wonderful Sunday to you.
Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by willow0803: 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
it is the yorubas that are shameless , cowards and backbiting bastards, you can never match the igbos in IQ, your food and environment tells a lot about your intelligence. An average yoruba man can never improve his environment instead he goes for the least and spend the rest on frivolous things. Ogun state is the capital of ritual killing, better face your Diabolic ethnic group. nonsense!

Kagawa10:

LOL!
How about the invasion of the mid west region, which involves Ojukwu and his men's attack on the binis, Etsako, Urhobo, ijaws, jekri men, raping their women in the process, appointing an ibo man to govern Benin and declaring Benin as Biafra?
You mean that stup!d Ojukwu of yours did all these in response to federal forces at Nsukka? I really wonder how you ibo think?
Personally, I always thank Awolowo for crushing Biafra, thereby, preventing any part of Yorubaland to become ibo! Who knows what these animals could have done to Ore and Ondo state at large, especially after what they did at Benin!
Shameless people!

2 Likes

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by allcomage: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2015
antibiafra:

I am a original igbo girl, am only saying that the agitation for biafra should be followed cautiously, we igbos are not ready yet. Kindly ask a average Imo what other igbo states are saying about them. I speak with fact

This is not matured enough. Even in the same family some talk about other members of the family as either naive,greedy,selfish etc. It is like that in a community,town,lga,state- country,usa,England,German,china etc.

1 Like

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by willow0803: 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2015
Kagawa10:

Yet your kins troop to Southwet daily! Heck, your Eze was recently flogged in Akure!
The joke is on you!
Shameless sets!

Well we all know why, "marginalization" but look at igboland and yoruba land except lagos, There is a very very big gap, a region without any federal presence, chai, southwest is cursed because of their diabolic tendencies. Useless ethnicity, ugly and dark in thinking.

1 Like

Re: Why The Agitation For Biafra Must Cease Immediately by VintageCocktail(m): 4:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
jpphilips:

Bombing any part of South East as a result of the resurrection of Biafra will be a political miscalculation that will lead to total disintegration of Nigeria state. There will be casualties on both sides and I do not sincerely believe that Abuja and Lagos won't be touched too, this is no longer '67. It is not a undemocratic move to seek for self determination irrespective of motives....
I won't delve further or elaborate anyway or I will get banned for expressing myself. I have notice the absence of many proponent of Biafra around and I won't go through the rigour of creating another moniker. I have to point out something in your post though, it screams of war and destructions of a section of a country that did not support popular opinion which invariably goes against the rules of the forum but you won't get banned because you are politically relevant and superior as you stated in your post.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

EFCC Grants Reuben Abati Bail - See Conditions Attached / Biafra: Abaribe Denies Being Queried By Senate Over Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB / Ihedioha Promises Traditional Rulers 5% Of LG Allocations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.