Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,097 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government (50794 Views)

Biafra Protest Is Completely Legitimate. Federal Govt Says . Lai Mohammed / Biafra Protest “completely Legitimate” FG. / 'Radio Biafra: Protest Turns Bloody, Four Shot' - Daily Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by yang(m): 2:49pm On Dec 06, 2015
End time liar muhammed

The zoo security cowards led by Dullard Buhari and his fellow genocidist ordered the killing of a young girl and 8 other armless protesters 4 days ago

What was their crime

They were standing on their right to self-determination and got murdered for it

Biafra is here

The zoo must fall

U can delay it but u cannot deny the destiny God made for his people

Nobody can fight or sponsor an ideology

Umu chineke

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by SupremeXYZ(m): 2:54pm On Dec 06, 2015
[s]
Monimatic:
The federal government has described the
agitations by some Nigerians, largely in the
South-East, as “completely legitimate.”
There have been mass protests by Igbos in
South-East Nigeria for an independent
country of Biafra. The protests have
sometimes gone violent with reported deaths
of about six people, allegedly at the hands of
security officials
The protests got worse following the arrest
and prosecution of Nnamdi Kanu, the
promoter of Radio Biafra, a pirate radio the
Nigerian government accuses of spreading
hate and violence.
The Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed,
who spoke on the agitations, however said the
basic cause of it was “economic” which would
have gotten worse but for the efforts of the
current administration.
Speaking at a News Agency of Nigeria Forum
in Abuja at the weekend, Mr. Mohammed
appealed to leaders in the country not to
exploit the economic situation to further
destabilise Nigerians.
He also urged Nigerian leaders to be
courageous enough to come out and defend
the unity of the country even though “in the
short term it might be politically fashionable
for them to be on the side of some agitators.”
The minister, who noted that current
agitations by citizens were “completely
legitimate,” assured of the Federal
Government’s commitment to strengthening
the economy.
“There are many political frontlines in
Nigeria, religious, ethnic and the like but these
things do not come to the fore until when
there are serious economic problems like we
are having today.
“I have listened to the complaints of many of
these agitators and right down it is economic.
“They must understand too that but for this
furtiveness of this administration, this country
would have been by far much worse.
“There is need for Nigerians to understand
also that these are not ordinary times and that
the government is not just making excuses.
“I appeal to our leaders not to exploit this
situation to further destabilise Nigerians; our
leaders should be courageous enough to come
out and defend our unity.
“In the short term, it might be politically
fashionable for them to be on the side of some
agitators but in the long term, it is in the
overall interest of Nigeria that we all
understand our differences, respect them
forge a united Nigeria.
“There will be no alternative to one united
Nigeria.”
The minister emphasised the need for
government to have accurate and timely
information on complaints presented by
citizens.
“The most important thing is that the
government must do a lot of self-assessment
itself.
“The government has the responsibility to
listen to all; it also has the responsibility to
analyse issues to see which complaints are
genuine and those that are not and look into
them.”
He also stressed the need for the government
to take advantage of different media
platforms to make accurate information on its
policies and plans available to citizens at all
times.
He said that the availability of timely
information would curtail agitations, rebuff
rumours, and enhance citizens’ understanding
of government’s plans and policies.
The minster urged the media to take
advantage of available opportunities to
“dominate” the social media platforms with
positive and accurate information about the
country.
He further said that such dominance would
pre-empt negative information and activities
on such platforms.
“At times some of the agitations might be
because the government is not adequately
publicising what it is doing.
“Some of the agitations could also arise from
lack of understanding of government policies.
“Unfortunately, we have allowed the social
media to dictate the agenda for us; that must
stop immediately.
“If, for instance, we dedicate platforms that
churn out positive stories, very soon other
negative platforms become irrelevant.
“It is only the absence of an alternative
narrative with the correct information that
makes such other platforms relevant.”
He stated that churning out accurate
information will present a positive image of
Nigeria to the international community.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/194638-nigerian-government-reacts-to-biafra-says-protest-completely-legitimate.html
[/s]Liar MohamMAD,has completely gone mad!.

Liar mohamMAD,i want you to answer me-:

1.Is it "economy" that called those who didn't vote for the idiot from Daura,5%ers,with a promise to marginalize them,which he did?.

2. Liar mohamMADM,is it "economy" that gave 5states to SE,while others has 6/7 states?.

3.How about the national conference report,is it "economy" that threw it away?.etc.
SHM!.

22 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by Nobody: 2:55pm On Dec 06, 2015
Igbos do not want to share the same country with potential terrorists.
It is not economical at all.

16 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by basilo101: 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
Then implement the confab report so that every region or state can have the power to decide its economic future and will have nobody to blame if they fail. isn't it very simple??

12 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2015
Don't patronize us.

We want self determination!

14 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by fweshh(m): 4:13pm On Dec 06, 2015
Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by joseph1832(m): 4:13pm On Dec 06, 2015
I believe lie Mohammed is smoking weed. People are busy agitating for self governance and he's saying their agitation is legitimate and is base on economic reasons, no political. It would seem Lai Mohammed is now suffering from delusions.

9 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by younginfopreneur: 4:13pm On Dec 06, 2015
tongue
Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
Where are the red teeths gworo chewers??
That's instigating violence down here?
Pressuring the Nigeria military to kill unarmed protesters??
You all should show forth, Uncle LIEnus have spoken.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by Pascal181: 4:14pm On Dec 06, 2015
I naturally like Igbo nation but I don't like dis their protest especially when lives are being lost.
Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by Holuwakemmy16(f): 4:15pm On Dec 06, 2015
When will these pple call biafra get something meaningful upstairs?I pity them
Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by fweshh(m): 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2015
FALSE HOPE
Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by GodMode: 4:16pm On Dec 06, 2015
krendo:
Again Lai Mohamed has failed to identify the root cause of the problem.

The structure of Nigeria and its governance is the root cause of our problem!

APC must stop papering the edges and implement the last confab report!

True federalism and devolution is the only way to secure the unity of Nigeria and its economic future.

Federalism was abolished by an igbo man named Ironsi...

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by betty202020(m): 4:18pm On Dec 06, 2015
Tunami:
the first sensible statement from lie muhammed since he became minister.
he will deny it tomorrow when he reailsed he speak the truth. Lie is the watch word of this government

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by Nobody: 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2015
"There
is freedom of speech, but I cannot guarantee
freedom after speech " - Idi Amin

undecided

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by anonimi: 4:19pm On Dec 06, 2015
Story.
Until those who KILLED the nine peaceful protesters recently are arrested and prosecuted in a court.
It is another story by our government of LIES.
No more no less.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by bigtt76(f): 4:21pm On Dec 06, 2015
Don't you just love this man? grin he never lacks propaganda in his arsenal..... Keep firing while your backyard de burn #mtscheeeeeeeew
Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by M4gunners: 4:24pm On Dec 06, 2015
Oh is now legitimate abi?I can see someone is afraid of going to jail after his tenure. The people who ask fg to buy more bullet,i hope you are reading this!
Nevertheless, mr Lai,we are not that hungry but we what equal rights and let no Man address us as 5%.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by Donsoby(m): 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2015
I hope he is saying exactly what he has in mind, but then .................FG should endeavour to do the needful to prevent another unnecessary insurgency in the East. The Boko boys are still a handful for us to handle.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by dadido(m): 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2015
ngwanu lets continue protesting
Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
Despite how he tends to twist the truth,he still made at least 20% valid point.
Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by mjconcept(m): 4:27pm On Dec 06, 2015
basilo101:
Then implement the confab report so that every region or state can have the power to decide its economic future and will have nobody to blame if they fail. isn't it very simple??
Best comment so far.On the issue of Biafra,I keep on saying that self determination is legitimate worldwide but one of our so called elderly stateman said they are miscreants.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by Bigprozzie: 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2015
nyben4eva:
Despite how he tends to twist the truth,he still made at least 20% valid point.

Alora shun tribalism

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2015
datguru:
I have a prophecy....

I was in a trance and I saw Buhari feeling disappointed with himself because he is not fulfilling his promises to Nigerians. He has good intentions but the cabal around him won't let him.

All of a sudden he has serious problem with his party men and the cabal. He then saw that his time is up and if he eventually dies, the same cabal will take over.

He then decided to call for a referendum and divide the country for good
I hope you have a good track record with your prophecies coming true.
Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by betty202020(m): 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2015
Monimatic:

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/194638-nigerian-government-reacts-to-biafra-says-protest-completely-legitimate.html
watch out for denial soon when he realise that he said the truth. Then the question is 'if FG knows that it is legitimate, why are they keeping nnamdi kalu and why are they sending dss against pious anyim?' it simply means fg simply decided to wage war against southeast.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by ngmgeek(m): 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2015
Some people are now under intense pressure to release Nnamdi Kanu. If the Biafran protest is completely legitimate, why are you still detaining their leader? Yeye Government cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2015
Biafran fanatics on my social networks has decided to let good reasoning and the truth reign in their lives...bombarding me with funny justifications for protest acts and how they are being marginalized.
Lol, na now una know say una dey marginalized?...Former governor of Abia state received millions abi billions of allocation and lots of internal revenues, use am sponsor himself n family and well wishers, Aba no even get one good road...and that is called...?
Igbo governors go dey for seat and will work and give contracts to only his family or close relations without sending other people dat are worthy to be contracted, and you call that...?
I saw lots of medical students travelling to as far as kano and kaduna to submit their cvs for intern posts in federal medical hospitals there whereas there are lots of federal medical centres here and general hospital, I was forced to ask why the migration to such a troubled region for green pasture and they said, "if u are not related to someone in d hospital or if u don't have a letter from a top senator or someone in authority, u can never get an intern post."...now dat just an intern post, how about the proper employment post, I wonder if na president go give letter then...and that is called...?
These are just a few dat I can write here...I must b honest with u all, till the we igbos learn to love each other, there can never b biafra even if we are given biafra, we will still go to war amongst each other...igbo is d most divide ethic group in Africa...a yoruba man will feel better to talk with his brother in yoruba, and hausa man will love u just because u spoke hausa to him...you can never speak to ur fellow igbo man for just 2mins without hearing pidgin or english...some chicks will even add phonetics to the little igbo they speak.
I would've written dis in igbo, but quote me anywhere only 10% of the igbos I have here will b able to read it.
No one grows flowers in umuahia...people grow wat they can eat.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Protest "Completely Legitimate" - Nigerian Government by winterfell007(m): 4:31pm On Dec 06, 2015
there's one thing i'm sure of in this life. you cannot force patriotism out of people, it is gifted by the people on the basis of love. if we must keep Nigeria one then we must restructure this nation to what it ought to be.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye Steps Out Looking Sporty With A Sport Car To Match (pic) / "If It Is Nnamdi Kanu, They Would Say He Has Turned Himself To God"(PIC) / Free Fruits Donated By Saudi Arabia To Nigerian IDPs Being Sold In Markets.Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.