Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch (647 Views)

Tanker Falls On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway,Spills Its Contents On The Road(photos) / Has Anyone Seen The Silly Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Punch By Fayose? / Pictures Of The Contents Of The Russian Plane Impounded At Kano Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch by SamMilla1(m): 10:48am On Jun 01, 2009

Effective from May 29th 2009, access to read news stories on our website will be by subscription. The subscription amount of N1,500 per month gives access to your authoritative news on:

Punch website (www.punchontheweb.com)
Punch Mobile (Read news on your mobile phone)
ePaper (Your favourite newspaper exactly as it appears in print)

Payment for subscription can be done through

Debit card (Interswitch)
Visa card (including Visa electron)
Purchase of scratch cards at designated Punch offices nationwide
Cash at any First Bank Branch

Thank you.

The Punch Online team

What do you think Guys, ?
Re: Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch by PapaBrowne(m): 12:21pm On Jun 01, 2009
We will get our news from other sources.
Facebook is free. Yahoo, Gmail, Youtube and Nairaland are all free.
Why do they think anyone would want 2 pay for news. News is free everywhere already.
Re: Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch by kbayo(m): 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2009
E tire me o. They should file for bankruptcy if they have gone bust. When I watch Satellite TV free on d net, why pay for a dry newspaper like punch.
Re: Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch by toshacer: 1:31pm On Jun 01, 2009
you want to teach them what to do with their newspaper?
Re: Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch by Lagosboy: 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2009
I just discovered this myself today as i tried to read it online. I must say it is ridiculous, how many newspaper site have pay to read. Newspapers are competing for hits on their sites and punch is shooting itself in the foot by wanting to charge the news we can get on other papers as it is all the same news anyway recycled with various words.
Re: Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch by donjon: 1:49pm On Jun 01, 2009
Exactly!
Re: Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch by netotse(m): 4:23pm On Jun 01, 2009
na wa for punch o!, when there's thisday, guardian, and all the other newspapers. . .its prolly cos they saw rheir traffic was high!

too bad tho. . .used to be one of my must visits anytime i go online!
Re: Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch by moneygurl: 4:34pm On Jun 01, 2009
lol, i guess I was right.

Whomever decides to to pay, pls post their interesting articles.
Re: Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch by Tudor3(m): 4:38pm On Jun 01, 2009
Pay for what?
Thank gawd there're alternatives,they can go to blazes!
Re: Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch by Afam(m): 5:23pm On Jun 01, 2009
Don't be surprised that one guy just sold the idea to the management and as is common people jump into things they may not fully understand based on ridiculous promises and expectations.

Well, when it is clear that the money won't be coming in as expected Punch will either do an embarrassing U-turn or close down the website altogether.

MTS First wireless came out with the fastest dial up internet access some years ago and I used the service and recommended same to others.

Before you could say Jack the company stopped the 24hrs access and came out with 4hrs access per day and expected users (including casual users and business users) to choose any 4hrs plan per day.

I went to their office and told them they would lose out completely as it was obvious someone tried to sell the stupid idea to them. I ended my subscription right there.

Months later they reversed the crazy policy but by then a lot of people had forgotten about them.

An advantage in terms of speed was messed up and today they keep sending messages about fantastic internet offer when people do not want to listen to them again.

With the slow loading punch website and not too good navigation layout this is one decision that will hurt Punch and needless to say the so called hits per month on the site would grind to a halt.

What is the delivery process for the news like?
Re: Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch by SamMilla1(m): 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2009
I laughed at it when i saw it ,  If the great and might CNN and BBC are free,   

who the is F Punch, I have  already visited their website for the last time.

rubbish,
Re: Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch by lannre(m): 7:49pm On Jun 01, 2009
You keep your finger,legs and arm or whatever crossed Punch will revert that decision its not worth in this age. You know MTN was rulling then when they lied that no way to be on per seconds billings,then something happen when the Guru -Mike Adenuga role out, the rest is history. I pray other competitor will not sleep ,they should explore that opportunity to hit punch better. No one tell a deaf that the market is close,no one tell the blind that the Market is close . They both have a choice. Punch ! ok lets see.
Re: Pay Before You Read The Contents On Our Website - Punch by ow11(m): 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2009
Bad move. Will be forced to rescind this decision and while they are waiting for the millions in subscription money, they should ask TELL how much they made from their own attempt.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland Is Destroying Nigeria Or Making Nigeria Better! / Have You Seen The New Imo State Government Portal? Gov. Ohakim, Carry Go: / Leaders Of Yesterday Still Leaders Of Today =shoot Them All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.