Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

The Biblical Approach To Parental Discipline: Jesus ordered killing of Kids - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Biblical Approach To Parental Discipline: Jesus ordered killing of Kids (1115 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin / If You Had A Chance To Live In The Biblical Times; Who Would You Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Biblical Approach To Parental Discipline: Jesus ordered killing of Kids by huxley2(m): 12:11pm On Jun 01, 2009
Proverbs 13:24
He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

Proverbs 22:15
Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; but the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.

Proverbs 23:13
Withhold not correction from the child: for if thou beatest him with the rod, he shall not die.

Ecclesiasticus 22:6
Lecturing your children can sometimes be as out of place as singing to people in morning, but a whipping is a wise choice of discipline at any time.

Ecclesiasticus 30:11
Don't give him freedom while he is young, and don't overlook what he does wrong.  Whip him while he is still a child, and make him respect your authority.

Exodus 21:15
And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.

Exodus 21:17
And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 20:9
For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

[size=16pt]
And the piece de resistance, by none other than Jesus himself, commanding parents to kill their children
[/size]

Matthew 15:4-7
[b]For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the deat[/b]h. But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Re: The Biblical Approach To Parental Discipline: Jesus ordered killing of Kids by huxley2(m): 9:12pm On Jun 01, 2009
So what do Christians think about JC advising parents to murder their recalcitrant children? Why do they not follow JC's footsteps in this regard? Or, do they?
Re: The Biblical Approach To Parental Discipline: Jesus ordered killing of Kids by noetic2: 9:21pm On Jun 01, 2009
how come ur christian parents did not murder u?
Re: The Biblical Approach To Parental Discipline: Jesus ordered killing of Kids by huxley2(m): 9:24pm On Jun 01, 2009
noetic2:

how come ur christian parents did not murder u?

SIMPLE:

1) I was ever so good

2) My parents, like most Christians probably did not know of this despicable injunction.

3) If they had known, they would have ignored it.

For that reason and others, I can savely say that my parents would not be going to heaven.
Re: The Biblical Approach To Parental Discipline: Jesus ordered killing of Kids by noetic2: 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2009
huxley2:

SIMPLE:

1) I was ever so good

2) My parents, like most Christians probably did not know of this despicable injunction.

3) If they had known, they would have ignored it.

For that reason and others, I can savely say that my parents would not be going to heaven.

what is the evidence that they did not know or saw this commandment?

They did, and guess what? . . . . . .you are still alive!
Re: The Biblical Approach To Parental Discipline: Jesus ordered killing of Kids by huxley2(m): 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2009
noetic2:

what is the evidence that they did not know or saw this commandment?

They did, and guess what? . . . . . .you are still alive!

Yes, but why do Christian pick and chose the injunction from JC to suit their needs? Why don't they just follow ALL of JC injunction? Would you follow this injunction from JC? If not, why ?
Re: The Biblical Approach To Parental Discipline: Jesus ordered killing of Kids by noetic2: 10:55pm On Jun 01, 2009
huxley2:

Yes, but why do Christian pick and chose the injunction from JC to suit their needs? Why don't they just follow ALL of JC injunction? Would you follow this injunction from JC? If not, why ?

The only thing I can deduce is that Christianity comes with intelligence and wisdom. attested to by the fact that ur parents saw this commandment (to "murder"wink and still refused to murder u, regardless of ur insubordination and ignorance.

They understand that Christ's gospel and laws is enshrined in His new covenant with us in john 15:12 . . . . .To love one another as He loves us.
ur being alive is a testimony to the new commandment as obeyed by ur parents.
Re: The Biblical Approach To Parental Discipline: Jesus ordered killing of Kids by Horus(m): 9:25am On Jun 02, 2009
Deuteronomy 21:18-21
If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.

If christians start to follow this barbaric injunction (Deuteronomy 21:18-21) half of the population will be stoned to death. shocked
Re: The Biblical Approach To Parental Discipline: Jesus ordered killing of Kids by ifele(m): 8:31pm On Jun 02, 2009
Jesus Christ never said murdering children was ok. Why do you like to slander Jesus Christ?
Re: The Biblical Approach To Parental Discipline: Jesus ordered killing of Kids by Horus(m): 9:02pm On Jun 02, 2009
ifele:

Jesus Christ never said murdering children was ok. Why do you like to slander Jesus Christ?

He did and he should be cruxified again. grin
Re: The Biblical Approach To Parental Discipline: Jesus ordered killing of Kids by Tudor3(m): 9:26pm On Jun 02, 2009
Thank heavens my parents didn't take the bible seriously. . . .i'd have been history by now. . .
Re: The Biblical Approach To Parental Discipline: Jesus ordered killing of Kids by Oxone(m): 3:26am On Jun 03, 2009
Horus:

He did and he should be cruxified again. grin

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Lawd have mercy on your poor soul.

(1) (Reply)

No One seems to be Talking About Nigeria's Growing Chrislamic Community / Christ Victory Over Satan And His Kingdom / Homeless Boy Wows Judges On Korea's Got Talent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.