Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,234 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters (25834 Views)

How Badeh Bought Fayose’s Land For N650m —witness / Metuh Bows To EFCC, Cooperates With Investigators-newswatch Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by saintfederic: 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
how come SR are always the ones to report
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by maestroz: 5:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
i see EFCC declaring this arms deal INCONCLUSIVE soonest with a ploy to conduct SUPPLEMENTARY investgations soonest as its the practice of INEC
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by dgr8truth(m): 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
dammytosh:

Lailai, u are not going any wia.

We will track u. A whole 14.00 from our arms money.

Bros pls let me go and close those accounts because I can't explain why the accounts were credited, I don't want to be in EFCC wahala since I did not vote for change.
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by krasican(m): 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
calebo101:

Well, i agree. The Lagos/Ibadan expressway propaganda mill factory in collaboration with the propaganda run government have to impress the millions of slaves they have in Nigeria. True, i agree. undecided

Sorry why are u so bitter. U are behaving like a BABY

10 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Yeske2(m): 5:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
Na wah o, so how much is remaining? GEJ, the worst mistake Nigerians ever made.
While all this sharing was going on, people were being killed, destinies being changed, widows and orphans became the norm in the NE and some deluded saTANists and GEJists continued their GEJ till 2019.
Buhari will lose in 2019 if clueless Jonathan doesn't end up in Kuje or Kirikiri prison next year.

11 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by olamieseun(m): 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
Dis pple don killed us, de way dem dey mention de amount of moni dis pple shared among dem self dey fear me. May God help PMB ,if not him who go knw say dis pple don chop us dry.

2 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by SeverusSnape(m): 5:51pm On Dec 07, 2015
Iroh88:
It is becoming all too clear why some people are hell bent on bringing down this government using some rag tag separatists called IPOD.

Your sins would catch up with you sooner than you know.
Hehehehehehehehehehe grin

IPOD!!! grin grin grin

Blame IPOD or iPAd for B00HARI's foolishness cheesy
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by ceasare: 5:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
at this rate wont arms money be traced to seun account so? grin grin grin

honestly am greatly appalled at the level of stink oozing out of our suppose leaders
and elite.infact they can steal and collect gold medal at Olympic games.

for the law makers when are they going to pass bill that will grant death by firing squad
to any body that steals public funds?
infact we should start a movement on all social media to ask for capital punishment
for public funds stealing and Nigeria will automatically start developing believe me!

3 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by kingdompropty: 5:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
Will all these monies buy these guys eternity?
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
modelmike7:
... Exactly my thought.
Dokpesi case?
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by frenchboy(m): 5:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
No wonder baba said d nation treasury is empty...
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by arsenal33: 5:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
calebo101:
Why do they keep telling us? Are we the law enforcement agencies? Abi make we go catch the criminals for them?

They should do their job and stop all these press mudslinging everyday. We need fuel, we need peace, we need light. They should keep their useless stories to themselves. Make dem solve one before dem confuse the already confused souls in Nigeria.

Where is Sanusi and when is he going to tell us where the $20 billion naira is? Or is that particular money no longer missing?

You are one of the problems with this country.
Will you be saying this if your brother was one of the soldiers killed by BH because he was ill equipped?

5 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by arsenal33: 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
saintfederic:
how come SR are always the ones to report
They have the best investigative journalists, unlike our sorry brown envelope newspapers and TV 'channels'

4 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by JuicyStar: 5:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
wachakuta:

The team of investigators at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) looking into how the office of the National Security Adviser (NSA) shared funds meant for fighting Boko Haram has detected another line of payment made to companies linked with Thisday publisher and owner of Arise TV, Nduka Obaigbena.

Nduka Obaigbena of ThisDay and Arise TV Ventures Africa

The investigators said Obaigbena received at least N650million from Dasuki for questionable transactions.

They also said that Obaigbena, who is also the Chairman of the Newspaper Proprietors Association Of Nigeria, has dropped out of sight since the discovery and all attempts at reaching him have failed, EFCC sources said.

Today, SaharaReporters reached Mr. Obaigbena, who said he was in New York.  He said that prior to his trip to New York, he had been at meetings in London, and will return to Nigeria when he is through with his visit to New York.

He admitted that his newspaper company received a letter from the EFCC and that a response had been sent to explain what they know about the case involving Raymond Dokpesi’s Daar Communications. Dokpesi was arrested last week, but he and his family have offered conflicting accounts about why he received billions of Naira from Dasuki. 

Obaigbena told SaharaReporters he did not receive any monies from the former NSA, a point strongly disputed by EFCC investigators.

Arms Purchase Scam: Investigators Trace N650m To Thisday Publisher Nduka Obaigbena | Sahara Reporters
http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/07/arms-purchase-scam-investigators-trace-n650m-thisday-publisher-nduka-obaigbena

If all these monies that we're been shared are true, then all I can say is that people are really heartless. How do they feel when they hear that lives are being wasted? It's painful to see how selfishness, greed and the lust for power and money has consumed us all. God is still on the throne.

1 Like

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2015
arsenal33:

You are one of the problems with this country.
Will you be saying this if your brother was one of the soldiers killed by BH because he was ill equipped?

Stop showing your stupidity mate. Ill equipped? Since buhari took over he has bought no ammunitions, have the soldiers being fighting with bow and arrows? Or body language? It's okay to be foolish, i get it...just keep it to yourself.
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by demandtruth: 6:07pm On Dec 07, 2015
COPIED:
From Dr Tosan Blessing:

If I could I would have taken pictures with Sambo Dasuki this evening but it was not possible. Nigerians must support this man.. It takes courage to speak the truth when by a little prevarication you can gain an advantage. I told Sambo Dasuki that he was standing on the threshold of History and that the onus was on him to put the record straight. He said and I verily believe Him in the presence of his Lawyer that everything he did had the tacit consent of the former President. He said the 2Billion Dollars were spent to pacify PDP big wigs, the National Working Committee, members of the kitchen cabinet of the former President, pacifying of core traditional rulers across the Length and breath of Nigeria. Dasuki should be bold to ask EFCC to invite the former President to account for what he collected from the pool. I see some persons who thought it was okay to stay, and carry on as ordinary citizens running out of Nigeria tonight. What is fantastic is that He had a list of everyone who collected the money. I saw CAN on the list and some Pastors and Bishops I thought I respected. What a shame. I refuse tonight to be carried away by the success of people I dont know how they got it to wealth. Do you know how many soldiers died in the North East because of poor armament? Chibok Girls were herded into Sex Slavery when monies that would have protected them were being shared. Deeper Life Bible Church is the only big Church in Nigeria that was not ccon the List. Do you know that just 1Billion Dollar of that fund can buy Hell Fire missiles enough and 2 cruise missile ship fitted with war Heads and runways?

3 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by crispberry(f): 6:08pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by trappatoni(m): 6:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
docadams:
Heheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Hmmmmmmm.

God!!
I am compelled to ask: 'Where were we headed under GEJ'?

Allah!!
I want to ask: 'What would have been the faith of Nigeria and Nigerians had Olokun granted GEJ's wish?

Olodumare!!
Tell me: 'Was GEJ alive as president'?
Permit me to answer your million dollar question, NIGERIA WOULD HAVE BECOME GREECE.

2 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by ooshinibos: 6:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
Nigerians leaders are just too wicked and evil minded , arms that is supposed to protect the innocent , you squandered the money , all the blood of the innocent soldiers and citizens are on your head especially the last PDP government ..GEJ ,,,,why cant you inflate the monies for the arms procurement ...and buy these arms and share the rest OF THE MONEY THAT IS left ..that's how it is done in a civilized and normal country

2 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by ziccoit: 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
calebo101:
Why do they keep telling us? Are we the law enforcement agencies? Abi make we go catch the criminals for them?

They should do their job and stop all these press mudslinging everyday. We need fuel, we need peace, we need light. They should keep their useless stories to themselves. Make dem solve one before dem confuse the already confused souls in Nigeria.

Where is Sanusi and when is he going to tell us where the $20 billion naira is? Or is that particular money no longer missing?

It is the right of the public to know and be updated with how the "hero" of democracy and his boys raped this nation to the point of coma. We only pray that God strengthen the doctors in the saddle to revive her.

2 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by ezekielplenty(m): 6:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
Pls explain to me, is news paper house owners and TV stations owners that campaign for johna that bought arms or it away to show them that they didn't capaing for APC? SHEY YOU DON SEE QUESTION MARK BEFORE YOU GO ABUSE ME
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by mbulela: 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
[quote author=Joejonah post=40781033]Who is serving EFCC jail term apart from [b]hardworking [/b]yahoo boys? quote]

you are very funny
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2015
Buhari's govt always making Nigerians to hate him the more.
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
hia.....
ozokwa chukwu biko mere obodo ebere
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by docadams: 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2015
trappatoni:
Permit me to answer your million dollar question, NIGERIA WOULD HAVE BECOME GREECE.

Hmmmmmmm

I no gree. Greek economy is being padded by the European Union, even though, to a limited extent. Who for pad our own?

2 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by ziccoit: 6:16pm On Dec 07, 2015
calebo101:

Stop showing your stupidity mate. Ill equipped? Since buhari took over he has bought no ammunitions, have the soldiers being fighting with bow and arrows? Or body language? It's okay to be foolish, i get it...just keep it to yourself.

I don't think you understand what $2.1b plus could have procured if it was actually spent on arms procurement. I bet you knew but only downplaying the evils of last government headed by mr "hero".

5 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by cirmuell(m): 6:22pm On Dec 07, 2015
dgr8truth:
This one EFCC is tracing arm's money to various bank accounts, I have to go and close my bank accounts tomorrow before EFCC will trace the total of N14.00 that was credited to my bank accounts.
gringrin
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Ephemmm: 6:24pm On Dec 07, 2015
calebo101:

Well, i agree. The Lagos/Ibadan expressway propaganda mill factory in collaboration with the propaganda run government have to impress the millions of slaves they have in Nigeria. True, i agree. undecided

tongue tongue tongue tongue Was this not the same Lagos-Ibadan Expressway used by your Otuoke's drunkard to campaign? I wonder how it has not been completed since the day it has been commissioned by Goatluck Jonathan with Amosun in attendance since the days of ACN.

3 Likes

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
calebo101:

People like you are part of the problem.

Rather than show some disgust at the larceny, you're raising totally irrelevant issues about the press.

Or are you one of those being paid to fight back at the war against corruption?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by Inspectahdeck(m): 6:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
Channels and its ceo john momoh can never involve themselves in such mess. One can tell from their programmes and advertisement before and during the election. They were neutral.

That's why they remain the best TV station.

onomeasike:
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewoooooooooooooooooo!!!
Even Nduka!!!!Jonathan should be arrested immediately.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.
I hope John Momoh of Channels TV is not among these people o!

1 Like

Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by anonimi: 6:29pm On Dec 07, 2015
Does anyone know when these STORIES will finally end up with the alleged offenders being taken to court for a trial
Abi we are still in a DICTATORship ni?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2933230_yousee_jpeg5c5368177eaadfefe6b56dfaa198a093
Re: Investigators Trace N650m To Nduka Obaigbe, Thisday Publisher - SaharaReporters by armadeo(m): 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
Somebody should please draw a family tree of everybody linked to this arms scandal. Make we no forget anybody.

People don dey plenty.

There's a parable about breeze and fowls buttocks can somebody please remind me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governors Are Not Meeting Over Buhari's Health - Lai Mohammed / Buhari Receives APC Governors And Other Dignitaries In Daura, Katsina / Are Police Allowed To Recover Debt As DCP Kyari Did For Hushpuppi’s Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.