Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,402 members, 7,812,179 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant (25731 Views)

Shehu Sani Says PDP, Labour Party Will Be Dead If APC Gets Minority Leader / APC Gets 26 Members In Imo State House Of Assembly / Meet Elishama Rosemary Ideh: Female Presidential Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:21am On May 06, 2022
The All Progressives Congress got its first female presidential aspirant on Thursday as Ms Uju Ohanenye bought the party’s Expression of Interest and Nomination forms in Abuja. Ohanenye told newsmen after picking the forms that male aspirants in the race would not succeed in intimidating her.

“My fear is that men will want to muscle me out, but I am standing firmly for the people I am here to protect.

“They will want to push me over, but I cannot be intimidated. I have been emboldened,’’ she said.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the APC’s presidential Nomination and Expression of Interest forms sell for N100 million.

Female aspirants, youths and persons with disability vying for any elective office on the platform of the party are to pay 50 per cent of the cost, however.

Ohanenye said, like the male presidential aspirants, she had what it would take to lead the country to the next phase of development.

She said she would withdraw from the race for any aspirant with the vision and desire to address growing poverty and insecurity in the country.

The aspirant stressed, however, that as a mother, she had the magic wand to do things better.

“It is so obvious and all of us know that it is time for a mother to come on board.

“As it is today, considering the state of insecurity in the country and other things, children need motherly care; we can understand that from their attitude.

“I have never been a politician, but because of what I have seen, I just felt I should come on board.

“The major solution I am bringing on board is to involve the commoners and the less privileged in the governance of the country,’’ she said.

Ohanenye, a legal practitioner, said there was the need to involve the common man in the governance of the country and to create job opportunities for the teaming unemployed youths.

She said Nigerian youths were very intelligent and should not be allowed to be engaged in anti-social activities.

“I am going to localise the construction of roads and many other things.

“I won’t copy the Westerners all through because they have their ways of constructing roads, which make the construction very expensive,’’ she said.

She explained that locals would be engaged in road construction to get them involved and to enable them to earn incomes to reduce unemployment and keep the people busy and out of mischief.

Ohanenye explained that she was not interested in contesting the governorship seat in her state because she didn’t want to be limited to a particular region or place.

“I want to be out for all Nigerians, be you Christian, Muslim, male, female; I don’t care. I just want to be there to ensure that everybody feels good.

“Lack of love, selfishness and bias are the causes of insecurity; people no longer feel any sense of belonging or reason to live,’’ she observed.

She said she would support the speculated consensus option to pick the APC’s presidential candidate on the condition that the major reason of her joining the race was addressed.

“Those issues concerning the downtrodden must be addressed.

“I don’t really care if any other person other than I takes up the responsibility, but the person must be one who will look into solving the problems of Nigeria,’’ she said.

More than 10 aspirants have so far joined the APC presidential race. They are Vice President Yemi Osinbajo; the APC national leader, Bola Tinubu; the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi; and former Imo State Governor Rochas Okorocha.

Others are Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State; the Minister of Labour and Productivity, Chris Ngige; the Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajuba; Governor David Umuahi of Ebonyi State, Pastor Tunde Bakare and Senator Ken Nnamani.

Other aspirants are the Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi; and ex-Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun (APC-Ogun Central).

The APC special presidential primary convention is scheduled to be held from Monday, May 30 to Wednesday, June 1.
(NAN)

https://punchng.com/apc-gets-first-female-presidential-aspirant/

Mynd44 Oam4j lalasticlala

7 Likes

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:22am On May 06, 2022
I refuse to be ruled by a woman, I am sorry.

The universe have placed man above woman so we won't lower the standard ..

Aunty, go for Senate or Reps but if you want to be president, be president of your husband's kitchen and bedroom

You won't be president of Nigeria, don't even think about it.

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by Malory: 10:23am On May 06, 2022
This one is just catching cruise. Imagine a vagina person as my president? God forbids. She will be running her mouth and insulting everyone at any given opportunity. *Spits*

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by Xscape1993(m): 10:23am On May 06, 2022
Evil party. Bad product...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by Nobody: 10:24am On May 06, 2022
I hope those asking irrelevant questions about how Pst Bakare got #100 milla will provide us information as to how this lady got her #100mil
Just thinking.

4 Likes

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by Opolopoopolonio: 10:27am On May 06, 2022
tonyuny12:
I hope those asking irrelevant questions about how Pst Bakare got #100 milla will provide us information as to how this lady got her #100mil
Just thinking.

She paid only N30million for forms... smiley

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by Maxymilliano(m): 10:29am On May 06, 2022
Lol .. Sarah Jubril of APC grin

3 Likes

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by Nobody: 10:29am On May 06, 2022
Opolopoopolonio:

She paid only N30million for forms... smiley

That means she hasn't gotten the complete forms.

5 Likes

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by Truthisunique2: 10:30am On May 06, 2022
grin make opolor eye send him wife to get ticket and step down for him as south west consesus choice since fayemi amosun osinbajo no gree

3 Likes

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:31am On May 06, 2022
tonyuny12:

That means she hasn't gotten the complete forms.
Women pay lower the amount for the form while men pay 100% amount of the form

You also benefit the price slash if you're below 50yrs of age I think

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by Truthisunique2: 10:33am On May 06, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Women pay lower the amount for the form while men pay 100% amount of the form

You also benefit the price slash if you're below 50yrs of age I think
lower abi free
Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by NaijaRoyalty(m): 10:34am On May 06, 2022
Truthisunique2:
lower abi free
That form no be free o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by Nyanmiridunce: 10:43am On May 06, 2022
Katikati
Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by God1000(m): 10:44am On May 06, 2022
Wishing her all the best
Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by Transcriber: 10:44am On May 06, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
I refuse to be ruled by a woman, I am sorry.

The universe have placed man above woman so we won't lower the standard ..

Aunty, go for Senate or Reps but if you want to be president, be president of your husband's kitchen and bedroom

You won't be president of Nigeria, don't even think about it.
you are not smart sir

Kingcalls:

Simps are never smart and u are one
m pretty sure many "alpha males" rushed into Germany when Angela Merkel was chancellor undecided

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by naijapips04: 10:44am On May 06, 2022
Wait...where did this woman get N100m as a legal practitioner?
Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by IKBARUTEN11(m): 10:44am On May 06, 2022
A
Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by hagiwe3632: 10:44am On May 06, 2022
embarassed
Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by Addgroove: 10:45am On May 06, 2022
Incredible

1 Like

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by OBTMOS(m): 10:46am On May 06, 2022
Lol
These people have their own motives of purchasing the form
Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by pennywys(m): 10:46am On May 06, 2022
wink
Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by Guyman02: 10:48am On May 06, 2022
Did she buy the form herself or some group bought it for her as they are all claiming
Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by Femich18(m): 10:48am On May 06, 2022
Many of these presidential aspirants are not worthy of a state to be sincere not to talk of
being president of a nation. The bars have been brought too low that anyone will just think of doing better.
Anyway it's all politics I think, some of them will step down and be compensated while others want to remain relevant in the next administration.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by OtopDesign(m): 10:48am On May 06, 2022
Women should b given the chance too... The one way men don dey rule self... Wetin we gain?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uju Ohanenye: APC Gets First Female Presidential Aspirant by KazikageSama: 10:48am On May 06, 2022
Where's everyone getting the 100m for the forms? EFCC and ICPC should really look into this.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

No One Insults And Attack More Than APC Trolls - Mr Macaroni / Court To Abaribe, Immanuel El-Shalom, Tochukwu Uchendu: Provide Nnamdi Kanu Or? / Mbaka: God Told Me Buhari Is A Saviour! No Religious Discrimination (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.