Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. (29193 Views)

Sheriff Dissociates Self From Congratulatory Message To Makarfi / Wike Dissociates Self From Comments Made By Media Aide Alleging A Judicial Gangu / Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by steveturner24(m): 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
At last our Mr President is not with them

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
story

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Austin4lif: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
Infact Buhari should even ban internet usage. I am missing GEJ and I regretted voting him out.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Joythah(m): 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
Buhari is a true democrat. I would vote you over and over again.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by awa(m): 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
Whatever. .. I just hope that the condition of the common man will improve asap

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by johndwayy(m): 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ebubeslym:
I bet you if Nigerians hadnt screamed, this wouldnt have been the the reaction from Aso rock.
They wanted to shroud this bill in secrecy forgeting that we are currently in 2015 and not 1967.
Thank God for the Social Media.
What's this one saying? Melaye and Saraki are on their own in this, don't drag the presidency into it.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by DrGill(m): 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by sorom4: 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hahahahahehehehehehohohohoho......IF WE HADNT SCREAMED, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN PASSED TO LAW. This administration is always in DENIAL

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by prothelley(f): 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
And if he doesn't accent to the bill, there is a stipulated period he his given to accent to it, if that time elapses, the senate has FULL backing of the law to approve the bill. Senate still have upper hand in this.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by CR77(f): 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
grin
Dollyak:
The bill is silly and shouldn't be allow to see the light of the day. Nigeria is not China or N korea

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
he has no choice

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by gebest: 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
I kn u dont ve hand in it because social media help u to be where u are today as president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Csami(m): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2015
onyepapa:
The only truth you can get from the mouth of the northerns this days is good morning. Let him swear to die that he knows nothing about it

You still have to check if it's truly morning.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by beejayio(m): 8:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
why fear come catch all of una na? sotey nobody fit comment. the Presido has spoken, so let the comments floooowwwwww.... grin
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by tbaba1234: 8:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
CR77:
I can stand with pride that I didn't vote for Buhari the dictator tongue

Yea, you voted those that were sharing yams... That is what you are proud of..

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by yungchief(m): 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
mach7:
Why booking space? Grow up!

Go take a chill pill wink

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by tbaba1234: 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
prothelley:
And if he doesn't accent to the bill, there is a stipulated period he his given to accent to it, if that time elapses, the senate has FULL backing of the law to approve the bill. Senate still have upper hand in this.

The president can veto a bill...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by sportskid(m): 8:38pm On Dec 07, 2015
Boooooooooooooharri we dey see you oooh

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by greatiyk4u(m): 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2015
Wot else can I say dan SAI BUHARI
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by harristo(m): 8:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
steveturner24:
At last our Mr President is not with them

At least this signals the death of that stupendous bill.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by abacus(m): 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ebubeslym:
I bet you if Nigerians hadnt screamed, this wouldnt have been the the reaction from Aso rock.
They wanted to shroud this bill in secrecy forgeting that we are currently in 2015 and not 1967.

Bet you are one them that give that stu.pid overbloated Nallah got to come up with such bill in the first place. Aso rock distances itself yet you still blame them. Use your head for once na.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ebubeslym:

The flaky-toothed mallam knows how important social media is.. try telling it to the intelligent he-goat known as Lai Mohhamed..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Phobia1: 8:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ebubeslym:
Hatred cannot even let u live ur life. haba! #Eranko

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by harristo(m): 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
CR77:
I can stand with pride that I didn't vote for Buhari the dictator tongue

Austin4lif:
Infact Buhari should even ban internet usage. I am missing GEJ and I regretted voting him out.

When did the president become responsible for what the lawmakers decide to do

richyfunky:
Nigerian Senators with misplaced priorities,there are better things to deliberate on, than restricting d voice of d common man. Well said Mr President.

The more sensible post.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by 4nobody4every1: 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
There should be freedom of speech but freedom after speech l cannot guarantee.....Idia Min of Uganda grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by cold(m): 8:53pm On Dec 07, 2015
prothelley:
If the president witholds assent for up to 30 days,the bill would return to the Senate and the process of passing the bill commenced afresh an agreement two thirds majority before the presidential veto can be overridden.

[b]This power is so strong that if the President withholds assent, it requires the National Assembly to re-pass the bill through the same initial process with a two thirds majority before the Presidents power of veto can be overridden.

This principle was thoroughly and exhaustively encapsulated and postulated in the case of INEC V. Obasanjo (2003) 9 NWLR (Pt. 824) 104 at 131 paras D-F, specifically the Judgment of the sagacious Oguntade, JCA, (as he then was) to the effect thus:

....“Presumably, the Electoral Bill went through the requisite stages before it was sent to the President i.e. 1st respondent/cross-appellant for his assent. However, it was not assented to within 30 days. Under section 58(5) of the Constitution, in order to override the veto of the 1st respondent, each of the Houses of National Assembly has to pass the bill again. The language used by section 58(5) is “and the bill is again passed by each house.” This means that the bill has to go through the same processes it has previously gone through when it was first passed. That is the clear import of ‘the bill is again passed’. It means a repetition of the earlier [/b]process

[url]
http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/04/constitutional-amendment-and-the-presidents-veto/[/url]

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by anonimi: 8:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
Good one from our President, Alhaji Muhammadu Buhari.
More of such pronouncements matched by ACTION.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2510983_twimg20150606110224_jpeg5c1c6f8907ece26082a279a94e87412c

should never be allowed to CHANGE into this =>

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2184457_idiamin_jpeg_jpeg9180183dde6fce8e4edb759eb9db779b

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by M4gunners: 8:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ok i smell. ....
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by macaranta(m): 9:00pm On Dec 07, 2015
APC and this lie Mohammed led information sphere is akin to a shape-shifting microbe.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by BushidoBlue(m): 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
Heheheheheheheeeee...

Bubu ma guy...

But make you no think say I no go yab you if you shi for whin...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner / Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON / My Return In 2019 Non-negotiable - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.