Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 PM

Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. (29194 Views)

Sheriff Dissociates Self From Congratulatory Message To Makarfi / Wike Dissociates Self From Comments Made By Media Aide Alleging A Judicial Gangu / Buhari Dissociates Himself From Campaign Promises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by dammytosh: 9:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
The bill was meant to protect Saraki and it is simply against Sahara Reporters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Image123(m): 9:14pm On Dec 07, 2015
Trailblazer1:
grin grin grin grin grin

The Junketing dullard has got no choice than to steer clear or suffer a backlash from the most politically conscious section of the populace.

Even though you lack home training and public manners,you shouldn't lack a conscience as well. You'll guess he'd be afraid of your imaginary backlash during the fuel crises, or his frequent travel, or his insistence on subsidy, or on not devaluing the naira etc.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Shakur86(m): 9:15pm On Dec 07, 2015
DrGill:
Am having mixed feeling abt dis social bill stuff even tho its passed into d law, it does not stop us frm speakin our mind, i trust my naija guys
shey me wey be say na insyd abule i dey live, na tecno touchlight wey dey browse sef i dey use, for my hood, dem go con arrest me, dem go find me tire...
so you be bush boy?
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by InvertedHammer: 9:16pm On Dec 07, 2015
In a democracy, the legislative makes laws.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by holaralph(m): 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
Honestly some nairalanders are too sentimental as regards their comment, some of us will start commenting constructively and later ram our comments at the rock, majority of nairalanders are tribalistic and insensitive yet we think we are smart and sentsitive to issues we read and comment on............ A yoruba Adage elicits further that ( Baba de isa ejo , oka bu baba je, Omo naa tun dagba otun lo n de isa ejo, se iku topa baba naa lotun gbodo pa omo ni) in English, father always look for snake in the burrow and a very poisonous bite him he died , his child also started hunting for snake when he is of age , is it a most for father and son to end their life the same way
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by MrALIVE: 9:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ebubeslym:
I bet you if Nigerians hadnt screamed, this wouldnt have been the the reaction from Aso rock.
They wanted to shroud this bill in secrecy forgeting that we are currently in 2015 and not 1967.
Thank God for the Social Media.
get out! Can you ever be pleased Mr wailer

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Otilo12: 9:26pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ebubeslym:
I bet you if Nigerians hadnt screamed, this wouldnt have been the the reaction from Aso rock.
They wanted to shroud this bill in secrecy forgeting that we are currently in 2015 and not 1967.
animal
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by 1freshdude: 9:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
onyepapa:
The only truth you can get from the mouth of the northerns this days is good morning. Let him swear to die that he knows nothing about it

This is one of the major problems of Nigerians, you talk derogatory about Northerners like Southerners are better. Open your eyes, the politicians are all the same! North, South, West, East, they are all Ignoble men and women. The masses are the fools!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by darlingtonVII(m): 9:28pm On Dec 07, 2015
greatiyk4u:
Wot else can I say dan SAI BUHARI
ifah stone you eh...
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 07, 2015
CR77:
I can stand with pride that I didn't vote for Buhari the dictator tongue
..... I can stand in pride that me and over 1500 PDP friends (online and physical) i campaign for voted my President Buhari (the Savior) in. I believe in President Buhari. CR77, you are still my sister tho, cos i know you have a good heart (talking of the other thread we've met! I respect your opinion!)
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
darlingtonVII:
ifah stone you eh...
... You can stone nah, we are in Aso Rock already, so your stone will go back to break ya big head!
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by darlingtonVII(m): 9:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
modelmike7:
... You can stone nah, we are in Aso Rock already, so your stone will go back to break ya big head!
okay na You go come out one day, my stone still dey my hand.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by dam4sam: 9:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
President Buhari is fully aware of the public reservations about the proposed legislation but assured that there is no cause for alarm “because the Senate is a democratic senate. The President won’t assent to any legislation that may be inconsistent with the constitution of Nigeria.

That means the Senators are just wasting their time!

Sai Baba has KILLED THE LAW even BEFORE IT IS BORN.

Now we know who the real democrat is

Thank you, President Buhari. Nigerians really love you, honestly

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by dam4sam: 10:04pm On Dec 07, 2015
onyepapa:
The only truth you can get from the mouth of the northerns this days is good morning. Let him swear to die that he knows nothing about it

1freshdude:

This is one of the major problems of Nigerians, you talk derogatory about Northerners like Southerners are better. Open your eyes, the politicians are all the same! North, South, West, East, they are all Ignoble men and women. The masses are the fools!

Actually, it is only when these Easterners want to make mischief, that they lump everyone South of the Niger and called them SOUTHERNERS!

The average "Westerner" does not share their opinion of Northerners and you can see that from our voting pattern and support for Buhari.
You can also see that in our accommodation of Northerners in doing business and living their life in the West.

Th Easterners are the ones who like to abuse and insult everyone.
To them, anyone apart from them is not a humanbeing.

They will abuse Yorubas and insult Northerners.... but we know who they are anyway.

So, every Notherner should ignore such silly comments

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by barcaboi(m): 10:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
Ebubeslym:
why do you have to blame Aso rock or Buhari for everything? Senators have a mind of their own and Saraki and Melaye are d protagonist because it is beginning to bite dem hard......
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by 1freshdude: 10:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
dam4sam:

Actually, it is only when these Easterners want to make mischief, that they lump everyone South of the Niger and called them SOUTHERNERS!

The average "Westerner" does not share their opinion of Northerners and you can see that from our voting pattern and support for Buhari.
You can also see that in our accommodation of Northerners in doing business and living their life in the West.

Th Easterners are the ones who like to abuse and insult everyone.
To them, anyone apart from them is not a humanbeing.

They will abuse Yorubas and insult Northerners.... but we know who they are anyway.

So, every Notherner should ignore such silly comments

I am actually from the East bro, but the views of Nigerians especially those of my brothers both in the South and East often disappoints me.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by Everfrank(m): 10:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
kennyman2000:
I tell you, nairalanders won the fight. You all thought nairalanders agitations and complains were joke. Atlast, we won!! Am sure, somebody showed Buhari nairalanders posts hence his backing out of the game.

God bless seun osewa.
God bless every nairalanders.
It's not yet Uhuru. The bill in question is a brainchild of the senators and it seemed to be their favourite. It's receiving accellarated passage as it has gone through second reading in under two weeks. Before it becomes a law it must go to the house of Representatives and the president must assent. The catch for the legislators, the proponents of the bill, is that there is a provision for the joint houses to overrule any presidential veto against the bill. This can happen if after 30 days the president withholds his assent and fails to convince the two chambers of his reasons for doing so.
We should brace for the worst as the bill seemed to be a matter of survival, life and death for some senior and influential legislators.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by barcaboi(m): 10:12pm On Dec 07, 2015
CR77:
melaye and saraki are those behind it....wetin concern buhari again?....

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by ojinuocheibi(m): 10:15pm On Dec 07, 2015
CR77:
you don't have a voters card.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by dam4sam: 10:16pm On Dec 07, 2015
prothelley:
And if he doesn't accent to the bill, there is a stipulated period he his given to accent to it, if that time elapses, the senate has FULL backing of the law to approve the bill. Senate still have upper hand in this.

You be real illiterate!

Have never heard or read that the President has A VETO POWER over any law passed by the Senate?
That is what Obama does, anytime those Republican maniacs pass any useless law.

Buhari is simply saying "Let them pass the law, l will simply veto it"
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by sparkwil(m): 10:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
Only the gullible will believe this
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by TheEclectic: 10:19pm On Dec 07, 2015
PRESIDENT BUHARI IS A BIG FOOL...A DUNCE!
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by kingphilip(m): 10:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
no don't disassociate from it o

by the time Sahara Reporters catc up with you we will be hearing they should come and start paying their taxes

Nigeria I just de watc una with one kine eye
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by dam4sam: 10:22pm On Dec 07, 2015
1freshdude:

I am actually from the East bro, but the views of Nigerians especially those of my brothers both in the South and East often disappoints me.

I agree with you.
We at times tend to denigrate them like they are some kind of "lower animals" to us and this is unfair.... though things have improved of recent sha.

Thank you for being on the side of "common sense".
You are appreciated.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by dabossman(m): 10:25pm On Dec 07, 2015
Some comments here just goes to show that some folks still don't understand how this democracy works. So some Senator proposed a bill. Doesn't mean the house will pass it, doesn't mean the President supports it or will sign it to law.

Yes, it was good that we kicked against it, but blaming the President for a bill that didn't emanate from him is plain dumb.

That's how someone said Buhari is bent on capturing Bayelsa. Seriously? APC or Tinubu maybe. Buhari, I doubt. He has already captured what he wants; the Presidency. He could care less about who governs Bayelsa.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by dam4sam: 10:27pm On Dec 07, 2015
TheEclectic:
PRESIDENT BUHARI IS A BIG FOOL...A DUNCE!

Obviously, someone like you is from a very wretched home

[b]No well-brought-Up child say this of the President of ANY Country or even of any man old enough to father him!

...Except for "born-throway" children like you.

I dont blame you, l blame those who sired you but refused to train you.
What a waste of 9-Months effort of pregnancy!
That woman should have used her time to do better things and the man should have wanked his sperm and flushed it into the toilet[/b]
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by CR77(f): 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
grin grin nothing do u bro kiss kiss
modelmike7:
..... I can stand in pride that me and over 1500 PDP friends (online and physical) i campaign for voted my President Buhari (the Savior) in. I believe in President Buhari. CR77, you are still my sister tho, cos i know you have a good heart (talking of the other thread we've met! I respect your opinion!)

1 Like

Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by TheEclectic: 10:36pm On Dec 07, 2015
dam4sam:

Obviously, someone like you is from a very wretched home

[b]No well-brought-Up child say this of the President of ANY Country or even of any man old enough to father him!

...Except for "born-throway" children like you.

I dont blame you, l blame those who sired you but refused to train you.
What a waste of 9-Months effort of pregnancy!
That woman should have used her time to do better things and the man should have wanked his sperm and flushed it into the toilet[/b]

If e pain u go drink otapiapia. YOU AND YOUR MUMU PRESIDENT BUHARI ARE DUMB. OYA GO HIT HEAD FOR WALL. IDIAT!
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by AfroKnight: 10:45pm On Dec 07, 2015
Good one Mr President.

Jonathan's government spent money trying to censor social media in Nigeria because they relished the darkness that shielded their nefarious activities. Do not toe that line. You are not Jonathan. You are way better.
Re: Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill. by DedeNkem: 10:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
Buhari jailed many jornalists during his short military dictatorship.

If he was against this unconstitutional madia bill congress is cooking, he would have openly spoken against it several times and would have appealed to the congress to not move ahead with it.

He loves this bill.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner / Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON / My Return In 2019 Non-negotiable - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.