Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,310 members, 7,864,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:59 PM

The Ego - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ego (2064 Views)

God And The Male Ego / Is God, Man’s Alter Ego? / Does God Have An Ego? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ego by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20pm On Jun 09, 2009
God the Son who is the Son of God became the Son of Man so as to make man become the sons of God.

God created man in His own Image but see what man has decided to do:

E.G.O. = [b]E[/b]dging [b]G[/b]od [b]O[/b]ut.  As you can see how man has chosen to create God in his own image which is all about self, me, mine and I.

Self spelt backwards is FLES(H), H = Himself or Herself.

Man is so selfish that he will only want to do the works of the flesh which are:

[list]
[li]Adultery, Fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatory, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings etc.  Galatians 5:19-21 [/li]
[/list]

Let's consider heresies as the works of the flesh.  Such as the teachings that ignore the basic elements of Christianity i.e. the denial of the divinity of Christ which is contrary to the truths established by the apostles and the orthodox Christianity.   Heretics are those who believe that the apocrypha or the words of angels should be added or equal to the inspired Word of God if not above.  Heretics are also those who say that they know God but take the philosophical words of men above the truths of the word of God such as your so called Eckhart Tolle
Re: The Ego by KunleOshob(m): 1:15pm On Jun 09, 2009
chukwudi44:

@ kunle

Discussion about the trinity cannot be wished away justv like that since beleif in it is very vital to your salvation.I would like you to respond to the questions I posed .and also comment on the experience of st Augustine

Kindly show me from scriptures how belief in the concept of trinity is vital to my salvation. If trinity as a concept is a salvation issue then i believe Jesus and the Apostles would have made it clear in their numerous teachings in the new testament and the concept would not have needed to be smuggled into christianity over three hundred years after christianity was established.
Re: The Ego by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:29pm On Jun 09, 2009
KunleOshob:

Kindly show me from scriptures how belief in the concept of trinity is vital to my salvation. If trinity as a concept is a salvation issue then i believe Jesus and the Apostles would have made it clear in their numerous teachings in the new testament and the concept would not have needed to be smuggled into christianity over three hundred years after christianity was established.

There are other threads that deal with the Trinity/Godhead concept. Let us not divert this thread that has been opened about the ego alters. One of the suggested threads is in the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-68474.0.html
Re: The Ego by KunleOshob(m): 3:51pm On Jun 09, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

There are other threads that deal with the Trinity/Godhead concept. Let us not divert this thread that has been opened about the ego alters. One of the suggested threads is in the link below:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-68474.0.html
I asked for clear cut direct scriptural evidence to support the assertion and NOT another thread on the topic angry
Re: The Ego by jagunlabi(m): 12:57pm On Jun 10, 2009
Well,going by the biblical profile of our maker,we took after him,did we not?The god described in the bible exhibits all those traits that you listed.So,why blame us?Like creator,like created.
Let us all agree that mankind got it's ego problem from it's maker.
OLAADEGBU:

God the Son who is the Son of God became the Son of Man so as to make man become the sons of God.

God created man in His own Image but see what man has decided to do:

E.G.O. = [b]E[/b]dging [b]G[/b]od [b]O[/b]ut. As you can see how man has chosen to create God in his own image which is all about self, me, mine and I.

Self spelt backwards is FLES(H), H = Himself or Herself.

Man is so selfish that he will only want to do the works of the flesh which are:

[list]
[li]Adultery, Fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatory, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings etc. Galatians 5:19-21 [/li]
[/list]

Let's consider heresies as the works of the flesh. Such as the teachings that ignore the basic elements of Christianity i.e. the denial of the divinity of Christ which is contrary to the truths established by the apostles and the orthodox Christianiy. Heretics are those who believe that the apocrypha or the words of angels should be added or equal to the inspired Word of God if not above. Heretics are also those who say that they know God but take the philosophical words of men above the truths of the word of God such as your so called Eckhart Tolle
Re: The Ego by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:15pm On Jun 10, 2009
jagunlabi:

Well,going by the biblical profile of our maker,we took after him,did we not?The god described in the bible exhibits all those traits that you listed.So,why blame us?Like creator,like created.
Let us all agree that mankind got it's ego problem from it's maker.

Our Creator God who created us in His own image reserved a place in the throne of our hearts for Himself to reign but we because of our alter egos have edged Him out of His place in our hearts and now self reigns supreme, that is, me, mine and I.  Self which is flesh spelt backwards with a he or her as the last leter, is our enemy numero uno.

God as Jesus said is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in Truth.

When you allow Jesus to reign in your heart as King you will have the fruit of the Spirit:

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."   Gal.5:22-23

The fruit of the Spirit reflecting the triune nature of God:

[list]
[li]Love, Joy, Peace: These we receive when we are in fellowship with God.[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]Longsuffering, gentleness, goodness: We need these in our relationship with people.[/li]
[/list]

[list]
[li]Faith, Meekness and temperance (self control) are what we need for ourselves.[/li]
[/list]

The whole Law is summarised into two and this is that we love God and love our neighbours as ourselves.  To do this we must be connected to God in relationship and daily communion, dwelling in His presence to be able to bring forth the fruit of the Spirit to maturity in our lives on a daily basis.
Re: The Ego by jagunlabi(m): 2:26pm On Jun 10, 2009
If God is spirit,why should it demand worship?If god is spirit,then it is supposed to be in an egoless state,and a being in such a state does not need to be worshipped.Why?Because the demand to be worshipped is EGOIC in nature,and that negates the state of egolessness.
So,if the god of the bible has an ego,then he is not the creator God.And the OT bible clearly states that the jewish god is deeply and heavily egoic going by the things he did.
So,which God are you referring to?If it is the one in the OT bible,then we have to keep him out of our being to advance spiritually.IMHO
OLAADEGBU:

God as Jesus said is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in Truth.
Re: The Ego by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:48pm On Jun 10, 2009
jagunlabi:

If God is spirit,why should it demand worship?If god is spirit,then it is supposed to be in an egoless state,and a being in such a state does not need to be worshipped.Why?Because the demand to be worshipped is EGOIC in nature,and that negates the state of egolessness.
So,if the god of the bible has an ego,then he is not the creator God.And the OT bible clearly states that the jewish god is deeply and heavily egoic going by the things he did.
So,which God are you referring to?If it is the one in the OT bible,then we have to keep him out of our being to advance spiritually.IMHO

God demands worship because He created you for that purpose.  There can only be one King, either God or Self.  If self then you can see the works of the flesh and where it will lead you because it is earthly (lust of the flesh, lust of the eyes and the pride of life), but if God who is a Spirit is your King then you can see where He will lead you, heavenly.  You have to make a choice whether to continue edging Him out in preference to your self or allow His will to be done in your life and then receive eternal life.  Hear what Jesus said to His disciples regarding this self of ours:

"Then said Jesus unto His disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.  For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it".

-- Matthew 16:24,25
Re: The Ego by jagunlabi(m): 3:14pm On Jun 10, 2009
Wow!I never thought that your concept of the creator can be this egoic.Imagine a god that creates mankind only for the express purpose of being worshipped by it.That is not much of a god,is it?
Anyway,i don't buy that concept and image of the creator and our purpose on earth.It is merely your own view of how you perceive things.And you are entitled to it.
OLAADEGBU:

God demands worship because He created you for that purpose. There can only be one King, either God or Self.
Re: The Ego by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2009
jagunlabi:

Wow!I never thought that your concept of the creator can be this egoic.Imagine a god that creates mankind only for the express purpose of being worshipped by it.That is not much of a god,is it?
Anyway,i don't buy that concept and image of the creator and our purpose on earth.It is merely your own view of how you perceive things.And you are entitled to it.

The greatest sin that anyone could commit is not to worship His/her Creator God.  You are not only demanded to worship Him but you are to reverence, love and honour Him above self and others.  Whatever you choose to worship now you have to be prepared to give an account of it in the day of Judgment.  Idolatory is a great sin.
Re: The Ego by jagunlabi(m): 3:28pm On Jun 10, 2009
The highlighted contradicted everything else you said.The very act of worshipping is the very act of committing the sin of idolatory,no matter what you think you worship,god or otherwise.
Whether you worship a mental idol,or a physical idol,idolatory is idolatory.So,as a christian,you are also an idol worshipper because you worship a mental jewish idol named Yahweh and his son,Jesus.That you call him god makes absolutely no difference.You are also committing the same great sin of idolatory as all the other idol worshippers of other religions.
So why should your own case as a christian be different?Because you worship the "one true creator"?Well,the fact is that other religions also believe that they worship the "one true creator".So who is committing sin?A classic example of the EGO.Emphasizing on the "otherness" of the other.
OLAADEGBU:

The greatest sin that anyone could commit is not to worship His/her Creator God.  You are not only demanded to worship Him but you are to reverence, love and honour Him above self and others.  Whatever you choose to worship now you have to be prepared to give an account of it in the day of Judgment. Idolatory is a great sin.
Re: The Ego by humblesoul(m): 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2009
@Jagunlabi

Hey Jagunlabi whats up? is there a way we can communicate i also have a passion for eckhart tolle's works, have been looking for someone (especially nigerian) who i can discuss the ego with, please let me know how i can get in touch with you,
Re: The Ego by jagunlabi(m): 3:24pm On Jun 11, 2009
Hi,humblesoul.We can communicate right here.Whatever aspect of Tolle's work you wish to talk about,you just open a thread on it,or post it in here.We can discuss it at length.This is something we should do publicly and not in the private. smiley
humblesoul:

@Jagunlabi

Hey Jagunlabi whats up? is there a way we can communicate i also have a passion for eckhart tolle's works, have been looking for someone (especially nigerian) who i can discuss the ego with, please let me know how i can get in touch with you,
Re: The Ego by humblesoul(m): 4:22pm On Jun 11, 2009
jagunlabi:

Hi,humblesoul.We can communicate right here.Whatever aspect of Tolle's work you wish to talk about,you just open a thread on it,or post it in here.We can discuss it at length.This is something we should do publicly and not in the private. smiley

i have gotten to a state where i no longer identify with my mind anymore, in other words i have gotten rid of most of the ego but i still struggle in and out, just wanted to ask have u reached a state of stillness and silence of mind that u feel a certain inner peace that words cant describe, u become so free of worries and real happiness and joy comes from within so you dont look for it elsewhere!!!
Re: The Ego by jagunlabi(m): 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2009
I have reached that stage,yes.I am always at peace even in situations from which i am supposed to be in stress and fear.

The disidentification with movements of thought going on in my head and becoming the awareness or space that observes them has been achieved.I have achieved the separation of the self from the EGO(the false sense of self)and the results is absolutely amazing.I have become more aware of my ego and my pain body, that the awareness simply dissolves the ego as it arises just like Tolle said.

Being just aware of the ego as it arises is the most amazing thing,and what is even more amazing is watching it dissolve by just focussing the awareness on it.

What are your experiences?
humblesoul:

just wanted to ask have u reached a state of stillness and silence of mind that u feel a certain inner peace that words cant describe, u become so free of worries and real happiness and joy comes from within so you dont look for it elsewhere!!!
Re: The Ego by humblesoul(m): 6:15pm On Jun 11, 2009
jagunlabi:

I have reached that stage,yes.I am always at peace even in situations from which i am supposed to be in stress and fear.

The disidentification with movements of thought going on in my head and becoming the awareness or space that observes them has been achieved.I have achieved the separation of the self from the EGO(the false sense of self)and the results is absolutely amazing.I have become more aware of my ego and my pain body, that the awareness simply dissolves the ego as it arises just like Tolle said.

Being just aware of the ego as it arises is the most amazing thing,and what is even more amazing is watching it dissolve by just focussing the awareness on it.

What are your experiences?

mine is similar to urs as well, i actually know someone that has completely dissolved his ego and achieved a new level of selfless happiness that he even thinks he might never get married or enter a relationship again cos he has stopped seeking for his joy from the external and in other people but he rather finds eternal joy in his heart, so he no longer feels the need to look for his happiness from someone else, he said he now has a new focus in life dedicated to doing charity , i am wondering if you have reached this level cos i envy the person's serene peace, even our other friends wonder why this guy just stopped chasing babes but yet just feels so contented and at ease with himself to now even consider remainig single for life,
Re: The Ego by jagunlabi(m): 6:19pm On Jun 11, 2009
No,i have not reached the stage where i disengage to such an extent that i will reject relationships like companionship with the opposite sex.I don't think i want to be a monk.Not now,anyway.
Have you read the power of now?I am yet to read that one,but the audio version is on youtube.
humblesoul:

mine is similar to urs as well, i actually know someone that has completely dissolved his ego and achieved a new level of selfless happiness that he even thinks he might never get married or enter a relationship again cos he has stopped seeking for his joy from the external and in other people but he rather finds eternal joy in his heart, so he no longer feels the need to look for his happiness from someone else, he said he now has a new focus in life dedicated to doing charity , i am wondering if you have reached this level cos i envy the person's serene peace, even our other friends wonder why this guy just stopped chasing babes but yet just feels so contented and at ease with himself to now even consider remainig single for life,
Re: The Ego by humblesoul(m): 6:27pm On Jun 11, 2009
jagunlabi:

No,i have not reached the stage where i disengage to such an extent that i will reject relationships like companionship with the opposite sex.I don't think i want to be a monk.Not now,anyway.
Have you read the power of now?I am yet to read that one,but the audio version is on youtube.

yeah i have the power of now, am planning on buying the audio book soon (there are good deals on amazon), i also plan to buy "a new earth" and "stillness speaks", but i really think we should communicate, why do you insist on using nairaland only, ?
Re: The Ego by PastorAIO: 6:34pm On Jun 11, 2009
Guys, I would like to suggest that you are prepared for the fact that often these things come in waves. You might get a period of heightened spiritual awareness but it will ebb for a while before it comes again. I just felt to share that so that you don't feel disappointed or feel that you're doing something wrong if it ebbs.

Also the ego is a very subtle beast. It can even masquerade as the true self that has kllled the ego. That one is quite a neat trick.
Re: The Ego by humblesoul(m): 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Guys, I would like to suggest that you are prepared for the fact that often these things come in waves. You might get a period of heightened spiritual awareness but it will ebb for a while before it comes again. I just felt to share that so that you don't feel disappointed or feel that you're doing something wrong if it ebbs.

Also the ego is a very subtle beast. It can even masquerade as the true self that has kllled the ego. That one is quite a neat trick.

yeah i feel you i have noticed that, thanks for the reminder though!!!
Re: The Ego by jagunlabi(m): 6:52pm On Jun 11, 2009
Two reasons;
1)I am always on the move,so i can be away from a PC for a lenghty amount of time.
2)And more importantly,i prefer to share whatever we talk about with other nairaland members who frequent this forum.Disidentifying with the ego is something a whole lot of nigerians would dearly need to do to move them towards the spiritual path.
humblesoul:

yeah i have the power of now, am planning on buying the audio book soon (there are good deals on amazon), i also plan to buy "a new earth" and "stillness speaks", but i really think we should communicate, why do you insist on using nairaland only, ?
Re: The Ego by humblesoul(m): 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2009
jagunlabi:

Two reasons;
1)I am always on the move,so i can be away from a PC for a lenghty amount of time.
2)And more importantly,i prefer to share whatever we talk about with other nairaland members who frequent this forum.Disidentifying with the ego is something a whole lot of nigerians would dearly need to do to move them towards the spiritual path.

i really agree with u on the nigerians and ego problem!!!
how about through phone?
Re: The Ego by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:50am On Jun 12, 2009
What you guys are practising is what is called satanic meditation, which is passive. Satans aim is to blank out your minds by making you to clear your minds of all thoughts. This directly opens a door for demonic influence and entrance all in the name of "self realisation" and the attainment of a "higher consciousness." Self realisation is the process where a person learns to control his spirit, while higher consciousness is achieved when a person begins to communicate with various demonic spirits which they call "guide" or "counsellor." This is what you get when you dabble into idolatory.

The Infinite Creator God forbids the worship of other gods and graven images. It is a grievous sin to engage in any form of mental or internal idolatory. We are not to give anyone or anything in heaven or in earth that inward affection, worship, veneration or dependence that is due only to the true God. God also frowns at any form of external idolatory such as when pictures or images of people are being observed as possessing divine powers and are adored either at churches or places of pagan worship because they become idols.

As I said earlier, it is only the true worshippers that will worship God in the Spirit and in Truth. God has not permitted us to use or control our spirit man. God does this at His own will as we receive Jesus as our personal Saviour and Lord at the new birth. The devil and his agents deceive you into thinking that you can use your spirits to do what you want to do when in reality it is the demonic spirits that are using you to perpetrate their diabolical atrocities. There is the spirit world that comprise of God and His angels that are in God's service and there are Satan and his demons and agents that are in Satan's service.

Satan's goal is to teach humans to regain the conscious control of their spiritual bodies which he terms as the "higher Self", "god force" or "the third or fourth dimension." The human spirit is also referred to by these New Agers as "spiritual energy" or "vibrations." So all this visualisation and imagination are the stepping stones to eternal damnation. God wants us to depend on Him and to avoid the overwhelming temptations to sin and the constant awareness of Satan and his kingdom. Do you now see how the devil has deceived a lot of people into idol worshipping?
Re: The Ego by humblesoul(m): 5:49am On Jun 12, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

What you guys are practising is what is called satanic meditation, which is passive. Satans aim is to blank out your minds by making you to clear your minds of all thoughts. This directly opens a door for demonic influence and entrance all in the name of "self realisation" and the attainment of a "higher consciousness." Self realisation is the process where a person learns to control his spirit, while higher consciousness is achieved when a person begins to communicate with various demonic spirits which they call "guide" or "counsellor." This is what you get when you dabble into idolatory.

The Infinite Creator God forbids the worship of other gods and graven images. It is a grievous sin to engage in any form of mental or internal idolatory. We are not to give anyone or anything in heaven or in earth that inward affection, worship, veneration or dependence that is due only to the true God. God also frowns at any form of external idolatory such as when pictures or images of people are being observed as possessing divine powers and are adored either at churches or places of pagan worship because they become idols.

As I said earlier, it is only the true worshippers that will worship God in the Spirit and in Truth. God has not permitted us to use or control our spirit man. God does this at His own will as we receive Jesus as our personal Saviour and Lord at the new birth. The devil and his agents deceive you into thinking that you can use your spirits to do what you want to do when in reality it is the demonic spirits that are using you to perpetrate their diabolical atrocities. There is the spirit world that comprise of God and His angels that are in God's service and there are Satan and his demons and agents that are in Satan's service.

Satan's goal is to teach humans to regain the conscious control of their spiritual bodies which he terms as the "higher Self", "god force" or "the third or fourth dimension." The human spirit is also referred to by these New Agers as "spiritual energy" or "vibrations." So all this visualisation and imagination are the stepping stones to eternal damnation. God wants us to depend on Him and to avoid the overwhelming temptations to sin and the constant awareness of Satan and his kingdom. Do you now see how the devil has deceived a lot of people into idol worshipping?

what is it with u and trying to force your stuff up peoples's ass? nobody here has bugged you about eckhart tolle's works, so why disturb us with your crap?, i find it hard to understand why some people just cant accept the fact that everybody in the world is not the same so not everybody will see and think the same way thats why u have muslims, christians, hindus, budhists, good people, bad people etc, so please dont disturb us with your nonsense, we know you believe we are going to hell for not believing in that which you believe , if your christianity works for you and keeps you happy good for you and am happy for you but please don't disturb us, allow us to go to hell in peace because all this your noise is not going to change anything, after all your God created hell so people like us can go there isn't it? , i dont think you see me on other threads trying to bug people with my believes, peace out
Re: The Ego by PastorAIO: 9:02am On Jun 12, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Did you get all this information in a trance or a seance or something spooky like that. Because I know for sure you did not get it from the bible.

Or maybe it's your imagination. You should write fiction. You'll do well.
Re: The Ego by jagunlabi(m): 10:19am On Jun 12, 2009
Olaadegbu,with this post,you really have just proclaimed yourself as thoroughly decieved through over-indoctrination by the  institutionalized religion and you have given away your birthright.
It is a great tragedy,because it is that same birthright that Jesus wanted to give back to you and the rest of mankind in his teachings.
You claim to follow Jesus teachings,but with this post you have just stated that Jesus teachings has been totally wasted on you and you follow the church and not the christ.
OLAADEGBU:

Re: The Ego by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:06pm On Jun 12, 2009
Let me start with the quote of a friend who said "When a shoe is thrown at a pack of dogs the one that got hit is the one that yelps".  With the kind of responses to my post it is certain that I must have hit a nerve. For the benefit of those who are ignorant as to what they are getting themselves into I will be going into the basic 101 explanation from the book of the beginnings, the book of Genesis.

God created us as tripartite beings, which means that we are spirits, we have souls and we live in a physical body.  The physical body is this shell or house we live in, the soul is the seat of our intellects, wills, and emotions and we also have a spirit body.

In Gen.2:7 God formed Adam out of the dust of the ground and breathed into him the breath of life and he became a living soul.  That is, Adam lived and became aware of his self .   This shows us that our self is our soul, which manifests as our mind, our will and our emotions.  Our spirits have a shape or body that corresponds to our physical body 2Cor.12:2-4; Rev.4:1-2 which shows that a person can be separated from their physical body.

Adam was the only man made in the image of God.  He could communicate with God.  Adam could interact freely with the spirit world as easily as he could in the physical world through his spiritual body.  He communicated and communed with God easily in the Garden of Eden in the cool of the day.  He had a conscious awareness of his spiritual body just as he had of his physical body.  His soul which was conscious of his intellect and will, controlled both his spiritual and physical bodies.  God gave him authority over all other creatures both spiritual and physical to subdue them and have dominion over them except for humans.

Satan did not have a physical body to operate in this three dimensional world and he came to Adam and Eve in the body of a serpent to deceive them after he was kicked out of heaven.  He made them to doubt the Word of God with their minds, to desire the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil with their hearts and to disobey God with their wills, this was the beginning of  the philosophies of man’s rebellion against the wisdom of God, as you can see demonstrated in the responses in this thread.  As soon as they disobeyed God’s command, spiritual death took place.  Adam was no longer consciously aware of his spiritual body.  The process of physical death also started and they were destined for eternal death.  Essentially death began physically, spiritually and eternally because of this sin of our first parents.

You can see the effect of the choice of Adam and Eve to eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil even up to this day.  As soon as they ate of the fruit they became spiritually dead, that is, they were no longer consciously aware of their spiritual bodies and thus could not commune or communicate with God as they have always done, sin separates us from God.  At this juncture, they sewed fig leaves to cover their naked bodies as the glory of God had departed.  This was the beginning of religion and man's philosphical ideologies such as the ones posted on this thread by the OP, trying to cover up our short comings and trying to please God with the works of our hands.  Instead of the order of spirit, soul and body it became soul, body and spirit.  The spirit had to take a back seat and do as the soul and body commanded.  At the fall of man, the mysterious link between the spirit of Adam and of God was destroyed and thus ending Adam’s free communication with God.  Heb.4:12 All of mankind inherited this spiritual death as we all have the image of Adam.  But we must thank God for the last Adam who removed the sting of death.

God had to come down to slaughter an animal, shed its blood, showing Adam and Eve that the shedding of an innocent blood will only suffice in the interim, as it will only cover the sin and make atonement for their souls, foreshadowing the death of Christ.  The last Adam had to come, who was the Logos that was with the Father and who was the second Person in the Godhead, became human and the perfect sacrifice and substitute that taketh away the sins of the world. Jn.1:1-3, 14, 29

When we receive the Truth personified who is Jesus Christ into our lives we become born again Jn.1:12.  We then have the Truth personally dwelling in us when the Holy Spirit the third Person in trinity, comes into us at rebirth as we accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour and Lord, our spiritual body is reborn or regenerated so that we can commune with and worship the Lord as Adam did before the fall.  The proof that we communicate with God through our human spirit with the help of the Holy Spirit is clearly demonstrated in Jn.4:23-24 which I have quoted in my earlier posts a few times.

Only a spirit can communicate with the spirit world and in this case to worship God the Father who is a Spirit.  When we become  true Christians the link between our human spirit and God is activated only when God chooses to use it for His glory and this is for the following purposes and more:

[list]
[li]To give understanding of the scriptures;[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]To make our hearts aware of His presence;[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]To give us discerning of spirits[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]To exercise it during ministration, [/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]For spiritual warfare,[/li]
[/list]
[list]
[li]To worship Him in Spirit and Truth,[/li]
[/list]

Our spiritual bodies are the link between us and the spirit world.  And your soul will determine which one you will link up with.  With God and His angels in His service or with Satan and his demons in his service.  The New Agers in this thread can tell you a lot more of their experiences in the service of their master.  The spirit world cannot be seen or measured with the natural senses and this explains why atheists gets confused when it comes to the supernatural.

For us to be reconnected with God and have sweet fellowship with Him we have to be born again of the Word of God that abides forever. (1 Peter 1:23)  Jesus Christ has come to seek and to save the lost, His first coming was not to judge but to save but His second coming will be to reap with a sickle, separating the sheep from the goats.  As there are many goats on this forum who are pretending to be sheep and wolves in the pretence of being shepherds and the Lord will surely expose them and their work of darkness.
Re: The Ego by jagunlabi(m): 5:48pm On Jun 12, 2009
OLAADEGBU:

Let me start with the quote of a friend who said "When a shoe is thrown at a pack of dogs the one that got hit is the one that yelps".  With the kind of responses to my post it is certain that I must have hit a nerve. For the benefit of those who are ignorant as to what they are getting themselves into I will be going into the basic 101 explanation from the book of the beginnings, the book of Genesis.
Olaadegbu,the only thing you touched on was your level of indoctrination and how lost you really are.That was what really caused the consternation.

OLAADEGBU:
God created us as tripartite beings, which means that we are spirits, we have souls and we live in a physical body.  The physical body is this shell or house we live in, the soul is the seat of our intellects, wills, and emotions and we also have a spirit body.
Atleast you know this much.That is good,even though i do not think that you are wholly accurate in your description.
We are spirit beings or consciousness or awareness(whatever term you want to use) having a temporary physical experience in a physical body.Our true self,which is the awareness,is uncreated.HUMAN= The mindmade self plus the physical body  BEING=the uncreated self that is one and the same with the creator.We are two in one,not three in one.

OLAADEGBU:
  Our spirits have a shape or body that corresponds to our physical body 2Cor.12:2-4; Rev.4:1-2 which shows that a person can be separated from their physical body.
You are wrong here,as well.The spirit has neither form nor shape.That is what characterizes spirit,it is formless and shapeless because it cannot be seen,just as thoughts have no shape and cannot be seen.Also the consciousness is the part of us that is uncreated.

OLAADEGBU:
Adam was the only man made in the image of God.
You must be talking of a physical god because the creator is a spirit being,thus could not have had an image to create Adam in.What you've just said in your statement is that Adam's physical body was created by a being as physical as he was.
This actually renders the rest of your post redundant,because you obviously do not know what you are talking about by the way you contradicted yourself.
It is best you continue understanding and interpreting your bible in the literary manner like you have been taught and stop trying to sound spiritual,because that is so unchristianlike and out of your range.
Re: The Ego by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:20am On Jun 14, 2009
Pastor AIO:

Did you get all this information in a trance or a seance or something spooky like that. Because I know for sure you did not get it from the bible.

Or maybe it's your imagination. You should write fiction. You'll do well.

You will be surprised that all these information and more are in the holy scriptures and as a pastor that you like to refer to yourself I will expect you to be familiar with them.

God's command against idolatory:

[list]

[li]#1 No other gods Ex 20:3; 34:14; Ps.73:25;81:9;Isa.43:10;Matt.4:10;1John 5:21
This guards against any form of mental or internal idolatry.  Not giving anyone or anything in heaven or in earth that inward affection, worship, veneration or dependence that is due only to the true God.[/li]
[/list]

[list]

[li]#2 No graven images Ex 20:4-6; 34:12-17; Rom 1:21-24,32; 1Thess 1:9.
This guards against any form of external idolatry.  Such as when pictures or images of people are being observed as possessing divine powers and are adored, either at churches or places of pagan worship, they  become idols.[/li]
[/list]

Below are scriptures that show experiences perceived in a human's spirit and how the spirit body is separated from the physical body.  When the spirit with the small letter is used it refers to the human's spirit but when the Holy Spirit is referred to it begins with the capital letter "S."

2Cor. 12:2-4; Rev.4:1-2; 1:10; Heb.4:12

The first Adam , before the fall, could relate to, and see the spirit world as easily as he could the physical world by the use of his spiritual body.  He could walk and talk with God in the Garden of Eden.  He had a conscious awareness of his spiritual body the same as he had a conscious awareness of his physical body.  His soul controlled bothe the spiritual and physical bodies.  The fall of man brought spiritual death and Adam was not able to be consciously aware of his spiritual body,and could no longer communicate with God as he had previously done.  Satan and his demons are now taking advantage of this break in our communication with God and has now replaced the Spirit of God with his demonic spirits to perform their dastardly acts, watch out for their destiny in Matthew 25:41

So we can see from the Bible that not only is God a Spirit, but there are other spirit beings as well, called angels: some in God's service and some in Satan's service.  The question should be: Whose service are you in, God's or Satan's?

Let me leave you with this verse from the Scriptures:

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" -- 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

This means that we are responsible to the kind of thoughts that go through our minds and to examine every thought that goes through our minds and not leave it blank so that Satan and his agents doesn't introduce his own thoughts therein, basically we have to control our thought life.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Allah ? - This Will Shock You ! / Sermon And Prayer Points By Pastor E A Adeboye. Be Fruitful. RCCG Open Heavens. / Is It Right For A Pastor Who Is A Doctor To Perform Abortion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.