Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,388 members, 7,861,067 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:57 PM

"I Am Not In Competition With Any King" - Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / "I Am Not In Competition With Any King" - Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi (725 Views)

I Am Accountable To Only One KING - Ooni Of Ife Speaks (video) / Princess Adeola, Daughter Of The Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Ooni Of Ife Oba Enitan Ogunwusi Makes 1st Public Appearance A Day After Secret C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I Am Not In Competition With Any King" - Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi by TolstoyFan: 6:41am On Dec 08, 2015
The newly-crowned Ooni of Ife Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi has said he is not in competition with anyone, and has also disclosed that during his reign, a new Yoruba nation where youth empowerment is the focus will emerge. Ogunwusi, who is the 51st Ooni to ascend the throne, was coronated on Monday, 7th December 2015, exactly 35 years and one day after the immediate-past Ooni, Oba Sijuwade was presented the staff of office.

Speaking after receiving his staff of office from Gov. Rauf Aregbesola, the Ooni said, “Shortly after I was named Ooni-elect, I sprang into action. I called my friend, Oba Saheed Elegushi, I spoke to the Sultan of Sokoto. I also called Kabiyesi, the Alaafin. I spoke to the Awujale and the Alake. I am prepared for the throne and this is not accidental. I am close to many monarchs and uniting them should not be a problem. It will be easy. No competition with anyone. And I want to announce to the entire world that a new Yoruba nation is coming.”

http://dawntodusknews.com/i-am-not-in-competition-with-any-king-ooni-of-ife-oba-ogunwusi/
Re: "I Am Not In Competition With Any King" - Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi by Bambless1(m): 6:44am On Dec 08, 2015
Our Culture Don Suffer!
Re: "I Am Not In Competition With Any King" - Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi by babyfaceafrica: 6:45am On Dec 08, 2015
K
Re: "I Am Not In Competition With Any King" - Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi by Meriekriss: 6:45am On Dec 08, 2015
Noted.. Long live the king..

Check my signature for your total interior decoration solutions
Re: "I Am Not In Competition With Any King" - Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi by Firefire(m): 6:46am On Dec 08, 2015
May the gods bless the Ooni of Ife, and bless the Yoruba Nation.

A new Yoruba nation is coming, not the corrupted nation by political jobbers and imperial capitalists. - Ooni of Ife,Oba Enitan Adeyeye Ogunwusi
Re: "I Am Not In Competition With Any King" - Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi by kossyablaze(m): 6:55am On Dec 08, 2015
D rolls royce nko?
Re: "I Am Not In Competition With Any King" - Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi by Holluwatarhyor(m): 7:01am On Dec 08, 2015
Compete bawo.....no be 100m race
Re: "I Am Not In Competition With Any King" - Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi by permsec: 7:07am On Dec 08, 2015
Ooni-elect?
Smh.
Re: "I Am Not In Competition With Any King" - Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi by IAMTHEHERO: 7:08am On Dec 08, 2015
New YORUBA nation is coming. The new YORUBA nation that will be purged of slavery, cowardice, hatred and tribalism as proclaimed by the Igbos??
Re: "I Am Not In Competition With Any King" - Ooni Of Ife, Oba Ogunwusi by knowledgeable: 11:45am On Dec 08, 2015
IAMTHEHERO:
New YORUBA nation is coming. The new YORUBA nation that will be purged of slavery, cowardice, hatred and tribalism as proclaimed by the Igbos??

Just give your support for Biafra, and you will kill those 4 or 5 birds with one stone simple!!!.

To me, this new ooni and what he represent for yoruba people within the context of this present structure of Nigeria is nothing but a recycled irrelevant institution in backwardness, poverty, filth, underdevelopment, ignorance, fulani herdsmen killing, raping and invading farmlands unchanged.

yorubas believe, they are immune and eternally protected within the Nigeria dysfunctional sociopolitical-religious-economic structure by the twin blessings of 'their benevolence of demography, geography and multi religious cultural heritage', but the reality as of today, is that the Igbos have almost overtaken them in all indices, as 90% of their region are still backwards apart from lagos.

yoruba as a nation by herself, given all the natural beneficial factors they poses, should be exactly on the same level of development with Malaysia. Never the less, they have chosen eternally to remain in the gutter and filth because, they derived fun (spiritual wickedness and negative energy) in being above Igbos, having easier access to their beautiful women, access to their natural resources, enjoying marginalization and genocide against Igbos, all in cohort with hausa/fulani, while the later carry on, on a slaughtering spree scale unimaginable in human history.

"Yorubas are indeed blessed, and the new Ooni will bring about a new yoruba nation".

(1) (Reply)

The Face Of Okija 2016 Search For A King & Queen Is On – Apply NOW / African Proverbs You Dont Know / Villagers Dig Up Their Dead Relatives, See Why ( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.