Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,680 members, 7,809,575 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

"Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye (66903 Views)

Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed / Nigerian Pastor Bar Robbers, Prostitutes, Kidnappers From Giving Offerings,tithe / How Many Times Do They Collect Offerings In Your Place Of Worship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Heineken(m): 12:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rexhenrex:
how will you believe she is lying when u are her ass wipe..rubbish!
hahahahah.. My man wake up or go and die mbok. grin
Rexhenrex:
how will you believe she is lying when u are her ass wipe..rubbish!
hahahahah.. My man wake up or go and die mbok.
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by BodyKiss(m): 12:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rexhenrex:
watch what u say

Or else your merciful and loving God will strike? Merciful and loving God indeed.
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Rexhenrex(m): 1:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
BodyKiss:

Or else your merciful and loving God will strike? Merciful and loving God indeed.
another mumu...i guess u are an atheist?
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Rexhenrex(m): 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2015
Heineken:
hahahahah.. My man wake up or go and die mbok. grin hahahahah.. My man wake up or go and die mbok.
ehya...is that how frustrated u av become already ?? Thinking of death when av not even started with u grin kiddo!
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by jpphilips(m): 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
Sending money to heaven while an account number on earth swells grin grin grin grin
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Joewiezy: 1:15pm On Dec 08, 2015
Stop giving offerings and tithes and watch the church crumble. The returns on their current investments is not anywhere close to what they collect in offerings and tithes. Keep on deceiving people
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Boyopumping: 1:18pm On Dec 08, 2015
EasternLeopard:

Jesus said so but he didn't say it is achieved through offerings

Jesus made it clear to us that our righteous life is what counts for us in heaven.
He never said it counts u worthy for heaven pls learn to understand English and give a right interpretation. When u invest in a company does it make u a owner or access to d profit of Dat company when it appreciate.. . Ah pls sssssssss
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by jpphilips(m): 1:18pm On Dec 08, 2015
Orikinla:
. When we give offerings to God we are sowing into our future. Don't misunderstand his figure of speech.

When you give offering to God, pastor gets richer, that is the only realistic thing that happens, it doesn't matter what you are told.

1 Like

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by JuanDeDios: 1:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Why is it now he's saying it??

after he has chopped ppl's offering and tithes finish angry
He says if you're rich already you should stop paying. If you're still trying to get out of poverty, continue paying.
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Heineken(m): 1:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rexhenrex:
ehya...is that how frustrated u av become already ?? Thinking of death when av not even started with u grin kiddo!
haha. Frustrated? Ogbeni it's like you need deliverance from that pastor sef.
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by JuanDeDios: 1:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
jpphilips:
Sending money to heaven while an account number on earth swells grin grin grin grin
Na so.
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by CashVessel(m): 1:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
EasternLeopard:
Offerings are not meant for heaven but for God's work here on earth.

Are you sure that Pastor Adeboye made this comment.?

Stop displaying your ignorance of the bible in public pls..
You lay up treasures for yourself in heaven when you give offerings, that's the meaning. Read Matt 6:19-21 for more.
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by jayAjoku(m): 1:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
i thought gold was already in heaven ........ sending money to heaven is an improper term, he should have said you are helping others in need which we reachout to with your offerings
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Tobbiemi(f): 1:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
I watched the programme yestd. What he meant was dat when u give offering, u are sowing treasures in the kingdom of heaven. But if u are unsaved it is better not to give since your money will not be recognised in the kingdom of heaven. Nd I concur with him, why waste ur money on funding God's work wen u are not a candidate of heaven.

2 Likes

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by derecho(m): 1:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
No matter what anyone thinks,Giving(money inclusive)to God is biblical.However,how you give matters.2Cor.9:7
The most important thing is the giver.The gift is Secondary.God accepted Abel before his offering.
For those who think only the gullible give to God are those who need some wisdom.Enough said..
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by derecho(m): 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
Tobbiemi:
I watched the programme yestd. What he meant was dat when u give offering, u are sowing treasures in the kingdom of heaven. But if u are unsaved it is better not to give since your money will not be recognised in the kingdom of heaven. Nd I concur with him, why waste ur money on funding God's work wen u are not a candidate of heaven.
God bless you,may the light of your understanding not be dim
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by riczy(m): 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
Aremu01:

May God forgive you
y shud u guys attack him,he is entitled to his opinion ,y even c clerics as God himself.very unfortunate! "na pastor house fine pass"in felas voice
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by vinceton: 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
If what has been posted here about E. adeboye is the fact, then it's erroneous. Christ emphasized virtues. For a Christian to xcape God's wrath upon the wicked, he must possess the fruitage of the Holy Spirit ; love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, self-control etc. With love as a dominant quality. Offerings to God is good but not a yardstick for salvation. All Christians must endeavor to read their bibles instead of relying on clergy to always interprete for them.
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by ikorodureporta: 1:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
sukkot:
cheesy end time church
grin abi end time comment grin
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Oloribaba01(m): 1:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
Yes sire
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by elampiro(m): 1:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:
Why is it now he's saying it??
after he has chopped ppl's offering and tithes finish angry
Are you are a Christian or Muslin or Pagan or Atheist?
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Rexhenrex(m): 1:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
Heineken:
haha. Frustrated? Ogbeni it's like you need deliverance from that pastor sef.
ehya...i know how u feel
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by babajeje123(m): 1:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
I don't know why people enjoy unnecessary criticism If you don't understand what he said, the summary is "if you are born again, give and you will be blessed here on earth and in heaven. If you are not, don't give so that you don't waste your investment. Simple as ABC!
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by MadCow1: 2:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rexhenrex:
indeed ur moniker talks alot about u..its a pleasure meeting u,because not everyone would say the truth about there mental state.Mad cow indeed cheesy

Pleasure meeting you too..

O and it's MadCow not Mad Cow..

And the moniker is not a representation of my mental state but it's okay if you feel that way. I have different appeal to different people.

Also, your response was utter bullshit. In the time of the widow, offerings were clearly meant for Priests. In the time of Cain and Abel, burnt offerings were given straight to God. We neither live in the era of the Prophets nor do we still offer burnt offerings to God.

MadCow.
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by ZUBY77(m): 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
Old rogue. Salvation my foot.
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by BigBen10: 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
babajeje123:

Nothing is wrong with the statement. Bible says "Give and it shall be given back unto you, good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over..." Giving can actually lifts a man out of poverty. There are so many instances of people that gave in the bible and were brought out of their penury. The widow of zarephath gave all she had and her lack ended. A small boy gave 5 loaves of bread and two fishes, he went home with 12 baskets. I can also testify to how giving can miraculously transform a man's life.
And as you rightly said also, we need to give also to finance church activities.

Mr oga. The Bible portion you quoted was talking about giving to your neighbour. I said giving to the church is not a guarantee to lift someone out of poverty. Yes it is possible but not a guarantee. What God promised us is salvation and not necessarily wealth(although wealth can be added blessing). He says we should take up our cross and follow him. Many of us have reduced the worship of God to the level of only receiving "blessings and favours". What about our life style? Our words? Our attidude in pleasure and in pain? Our virtues and morals?

He didnt need to say "the only reason why we still collect offering is to lift u people out of poverty". What kind of condescenting statement is that! Like without the people the church will still stand. The church is the people. He shouldnt talk down on them like they are useless.

I have no problem with the second statement by the way.

1 Like

Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Luckylife(m): 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
calebo101:
Thank God for the gift of reading bible on your own grin grin grin.

I am very delighted i stumbled on this page.. Deuteronomy 14; 24-46, you can actually use your tithe to booze. cool cool cool
guy if many will understand this verses u stated, many lives would have been saved from all these business, so called religions men (pastors) . Can u believe that it has come to a stage here in Nigeria that many gullible Nigerians will do what pastors says even when it contradict the Holy bible.
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Heineken(m): 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rexhenrex:
ehya...i know how u feel
my man.. You know how I feel abi? You're now seeing vision. Nice one. Pastor go fit you well
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by totalhouse(m): 2:19pm On Dec 08, 2015
AfricanFinest:
This is a game of psychological dominance.
I pity the gullible poor BC they are foolishly ignorant

Offering can't give you salvation.
Salvation is independent of offering.

I am ashamed this is coming from a respected popular man of God.
I'm ashamed too that simple English you don't understand. Though the information given by the op was not complete, with what he wrote you still couldn't understand his primary 6 English. Was it written there that your offering will give u salvation or if you are not sure of your salvation don't pay offering.?
Oga don't rush to comment, read and understand what u have read..... No hatred, just go thru the thread again.
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
totalhouse:

. Was it written there that your offering will give u salvation or if you are not sure of your salvation don't pay offering.?
Oga don't rush to comment, read and understand what u have read..... No hatred, just go thru the thread again.
This should have been the best answer to your foolishness... No hatred either
I'm ashamed too that simple English you don't understand. Though the information given by the op was not complete, with what he wrote you still couldn't understand his primary 6 English
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by derecho(m): 2:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
vinceton:
Offerings to God is good but not a yardstick for salvation. All Christians must endeavor to read their bibles instead of relying on clergy to always interprete for them.
He never said offering(money) to God is a yardstick for salvation.From the post,if true,talks about
1.the futility of giving offering,when you are not genuinely Born Again.
2.Heavenly reward for those(born again) who give to God.
3.Giving to God brings prosperity.
Summary,giving to God is a privilege and the opportunity should be siezed by the saved as allowed by the Church.
Re: "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye by Kenistry(m): 2:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
Rexhenrex:
It doesn't mean that when u give ur tithes and offering the money would be sent through western union to heaven because i can see some dumbo's asking rubbish...

when u give with a clean and contrite heart,it speaks for you,remember the widow in the bible. Giving offering is like saying thank you to God indeed it goes to heaven its a scarifice remember the offerings of cain and abel read ur bible u will know the power of offering u might be seeing it as if its the pastor u funding no,it superseeds that. its just that these days we christians we just wanna show off in church,

give what you have never give to impress we fail to understand that pay ur tithe well, and watch doors open in your life am a living witness.

#if you like give ur offerings if u like don't give it won't stop God's work from moving rather he will raise stones to give on ur behalf
the doors and windows of blessings has bn opened over two thousand yrs ago. God has sacrificed Jesus Christ, which is d only offering required to receive from God.
Offerings in church shld b to carter for d needs of members of d church and also handle d monetary needs of d church.
God do not receive money as offerings from His ppl. Thanks n praises is all He require frm us.
the today church keeps mixing the two convenants together.
Only d new convenant, which started on d pentecost day is wht a christian shld b concerned abt, since d old kills while d new convenant gives life to d fullness. Shalom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Paul Enenche Replies Daddy Freeze On Building World Largest Church / Osole Owo Aye (money Ritual To See Money To Live Life) / Church Members Kneel Down To Welcome Their Pastor.photos Go Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.