Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,736 members, 7,831,342 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Do You Believe In Raising Voice When Praying - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Believe In Raising Voice When Praying (674 Views)

Why Do Christians Close Their Eyes When Praying? / Closing Eyes When Praying :how Necessary It Is To The Prayer / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Believe In Raising Voice When Praying by justicejay(m): 11:28am On Dec 08, 2015
Nigerians believe in shouting while praying,we believe that if we shout God will give immediate reply to our request but how true is this?
Have once be challenged by a church mate that why do I always pray gently or in silence but I told him that I don't like shouting when talking to my God.
This week Sunday, I invited a Muslim girl to my Church and after the service she asked me why people were shouting during the prayer section. She asked in a disappointed tone, 'won't God answer my prayer if I pray silently.I just told her that it doesn't matter how she raised her voice, she only need her heart to be connected with God and she was relived.
But till now, am still confused why Nigerians believe that if they don't shout their prayer won't reach heaven.
So I decided know the opinion of the NL.
Re: Do You Believe In Raising Voice When Praying by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 08, 2015
No one is listening whether you raise your voice or not. Prayers doesn't work that way.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Raising Voice When Praying by MissSlimbody(f): 11:38am On Dec 08, 2015
I don't believe I have to raise my voice before God will hear.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Raising Voice When Praying by tempem: 11:39am On Dec 08, 2015
No! I don't. Our model( Christ Jesus) never taught us to do so. Infact, he likened shouting while praying to a custom common among the hypocrites. Why did you think he said lock your door...... Pray to your father who is in secret. Then your father who looks in secret will repay you? Mat 6: 1-10

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Raising Voice When Praying by uboma(m): 3:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
tempem:
No! I don't. Our model( Christ Jesus) never taught us to do so. Infact, he likened shouting while praying to a custom common among the hypocrites. Why did you think he said lock your door...... Pray to your father who is in secret. Then your father who looks in secret will repay you? Mat 6: 1-10

You are so on point.
Re: Do You Believe In Raising Voice When Praying by tempem: 3:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
uboma:

You are so on point.
lol! Thanks, man.
Re: Do You Believe In Raising Voice When Praying by vooks: 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
justicejay:
Nigerians believe in shouting while praying,we believe that if we shout God will give immediate reply to our request but how true is this?
Have once be challenged by a church mate that why do I always pray gently or in silence but I told him that I don't like shouting when talking to my God.
This week Sunday, I invited a Muslim girl to my Church and after the service she asked me why people were shouting during the prayer section. She asked in a disappointed tone, 'won't God answer my prayer if I pray silently.I just told her that it doesn't matter how she raised her voice, she only need her heart to be connected with God and she was relived.
But till now, am still confused why Nigerians believe that if they don't shout their prayer won't reach heaven.
So I decided know the opinion of the NL.
[url=https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Hebrews%205:7]Hebrews 5:7[/url] tells us HOW Jesus prayed while on earth.
Re: Do You Believe In Raising Voice When Praying by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
**Whistles and walks out of thread**
Re: Do You Believe In Raising Voice When Praying by justicejay(m): 5:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
SirWere:
**Whistles and walks out of thread**
Whistle and walk?.... are you a walking snake?

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Beast That Enforces The Mark? / Pray For Nigeria / Is There A Difference Between Believe In God And Believe In Religion ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.