Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam (2378 Views)

Abba Kyari, 'Nigeria's Jack Bauer' & Gallant Police Officer, Pictured In The US / Sexy Nigerian Female Gallant Soldier (photo) / 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by omolami: 12:05pm On Dec 08, 2015
The pact between Buhari, APC, Military high command and the press to suppress information about carnage done to our soldiers is bad and should not be encouraged. Till today 105 NIGERIAN soldiers were killed in what look like gas attack by bokoharam, but the press in consonant with agreement with the government denied it. Haba dies government feel people were not there to witness the killings. Does government think other soldiers did not see what happened? Haba, it is bad, Nigerians need to know. Stop gagging the press to hoard information. APC government is full of deceit, fraud and indollence May the soul if the departed rest in peace.

3 Likes

Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by Khd95(m): 12:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
Wailer,diju create thread when well over 200 chibok girls were carted away frm their school

1 Like

Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by obailala(m): 12:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
omolami:
The pact between [size=13pt]Buhari, APC, GEJ, PDP[/size] and Military high command and the press to suppress information about carnage done to our soldiers is bad and should not be encouraged. Till today 105 NIGERIAN soldiers were killed in what look like gas attack by bokoharam, but the press in consonant with agreement with the government denied it. Haba dies government feel people were not there to witness the killings. Does government think other soldiers did not see what happened? Haba, it is bad, Nigerians need to know. Stop gagging the press to hoard information. APC government is full of deceit, fraud and indollence May the soul if the departed rest in peace.

The so called media ban to suppress information on boko haram atrocities was signed and instituted by your lord and saviour GEJ. When newspaper houses were sealed last year because they reported some damage done by BH, what was your response?... just a year ago, it was even forbidden to report bomb blasts in market places... Following the attack on Chibok community, no local station was allowed to report it until after foreign media revealed the carnage to the world. Just last year, when only external media bodies like saharareporters, BBC and aljazeera could dare to report BH activities, what was your reaction?... I'm sure you were amongst those who also called SR boko sympathisers because they dared to report what others couldn't report. Now instead of you to criticise the systematic problem where our military keeps shrouding things of this nature in secrecy, you are here blaming Buhari and APC for a problem which was obviously started by your hero?

What was your take when this was happening?
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/06/fg-urges-media-blackout-boko-haram/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by MizMyColi(f): 1:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
obailala:

The so called media ban to suppress information on boko haram atrocities was signed and instituted by your lord and saviour GEJ. When newspaper houses were sealed last year because they reported some damage done by BH, what was your response?... just a year ago, it was even forbidden to report bomb blasts in market places... Following the attack on Chibok community, no local station was allowed to report it until after foreign media revealed the carnage to the world. Just last year, when only external media bodies like saharareporters, BBC and aljazeera could dare to report BH activities, what was your reaction?... I'm sure you were amongst those who also called SR boko sympathisers because they dared to report what others couldn't report. Now instead of you to  criticise the systematic problem where our military keeps shrouding things of this nature in secrecy, you are here blaming Buhari and APC for a problem which was obviously started by your hero?

How did SR report Boko activities?
What was the content of the writeup?
Did it perchance subtly celebrate Boko people?
Did SR report with a solemn tone?
Did they roundly condemn such?
Did they inform their readers to shun all acts of terrorism? Did their writeup inspire people at the time to stone BH more or was it written in such a way that people stoned GEJ?‎

I am yet to understand what sane humans gain from peddling lies and half truths.
Except you choose to lie to yourself and live in denial as usual, you'd agree that the reportage on Boko Haram during the run up to the elections was‎ politicized in no small measure.

The focus of the news and even the opinions of folks were mainly to call out GEJ's "incompetency" and to say RIP to the dead.

It was never really about putting pressure on the terrorists but mounting pressure on GEJ to resign.
Every BH news was sensationalized then. It always made news headlines.

From the same link you posted, I got this quote
“I am not saying that you shouldn’t report when there are, say, terrorists’ attacks on innocent citizens but we must report from the point of view of arousing society to reject their message, to unite society against what they are doing.

“I am still calling on all of us to be able define the thin line that exists between the urge to report and the need to protect.

‎“We need to really come to a definition of what the responsibility of the media should be to organisations and persons whose major objective is to destroy society, to incite hatred among normal people.

“I have said it that if we black out terrorism for a period am sure it will go down.“

The minister said terrorism and related activities could only be tackled effectively if all segments of society particularly the media join forces against it.‎

Any sane human being will understand that Mr Maku was simply urging them to stop celebrating BH at the expense of ridiculing the FG at the time.

Does the quote above look to you like‎ someone who wanted to muzzle the media? Or was it about gaining their support in the fight against terrorism?

If this happened in GEJ's time, and I were active in politics, I would condemn in all severity.

I saw dead Nigerian soldiers FCOL. I called people whom I know in the army who confirmed such. Why should the FG veil such open secret? 

Why are they now trying to burn the very bridge and tactic that saw them to power?

Yeye smells horribly.‎

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by themilanway(m): 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

Did they inform their readers to shun all acts of terrorism? Did their writeup inspire people at the time to stone BH more or was it written in such a way that people stoned GEJ?‎

I am yet to understand what sane humans gain from peddling lies and half truths.
Except you choose to lie to yourself and live in denial as usual, you'd agree that the reportage on Boko Haram during the run up to the elections was‎ politicized in no small measure.

The focus of the news and even the opinions of folks were mainly to call out GEJ's "incompetency" and to say RIP to the dead.

It was never really about putting pressure on the terrorists but mounting pressure on GEJ to resign.

Any sane human being will understand that Mr Maku was simply urging them to stop celebrating BH at the expense of ridiculing the FG at the time.

Does the quote above look to you like‎ someone who wanted to muzzle the media? Or was it about gaining their support in the fight against terrorism?

If this happened in GEJ's time, and I were active in politics, I would condemn in all severity.

I saw dead Nigerian soldiers FCOL. I called people whom I know in the army who confirmed such. Why should the FG veil such open secret? 

Why are they now trying to burn the very bridge and tactic that saw them to power?

Yeye smells horribly.‎

You called people you know in the army? grin grin wink cheesy
Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by themilanway(m): 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yeye smells horribly.‎

You called people you know in the army? grin grin D
Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by jpphilips(m): 1:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
obailala:

The so called media ban to suppress information on boko haram atrocities was signed and instituted by your lord and saviour GEJ. When newspaper houses were sealed last year because they reported some damage done by BH, what was your response?... just a year ago, it was even forbidden to report bomb blasts in market places... Following the attack on Chibok community, no local station was allowed to report it until after foreign media revealed the carnage to the world. Just last year, when only external media bodies like saharareporters, BBC and aljazeera could dare to report BH activities, what was your reaction?... I'm sure you were amongst those who also called SR boko sympathisers because they dared to report what others couldn't report. Now instead of you to criticise the systematic problem where our military keeps shrouding things of this nature in secrecy, you are here blaming Buhari and APC for a problem which was obviously started by your hero?

So because Jonathan gagged the press means Buhari should stitch em up right?
who signed the FOI into law please can you remind me??

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by drss(m): 2:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
obailala:

so because GEJ did it, its ok for buari to do it Where is d change? APC n lies is like bread n butter. No change.

1 Like

Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by MizMyColi(f): 2:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
themilanway:

You called people you know in the army? grin grin D

Did I type that part in greek?
Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by cjrane: 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
omolami:
The pact between Buhari, APC, Military high command and the press to suppress information about carnage done to our soldiers is bad and should not be encouraged. Till today 105 NIGERIAN soldiers were killed in what look like gas attack by bokoharam, but the press in consonant with agreement with the government denied it. Haba dies government feel people were not there to witness the killings. Does government think other soldiers did not see what happened? Haba, it is bad, Nigerians need to know. Stop gagging the press to hoard information. APC government is full of deceit, fraud and indollence May the soul if the departed rest in peace.

Boko haram didn't murder these soldiers.

Nigerian troops of northern extraction are conducting ethnic cleansing of southern troops. They send them somewhere, then they dress in civilian clothes , surround them and murder them. Many southern troops have been and will continue to be eliminated in this way and their murder will be blamed on Boko haram to cover it up.
Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by windvane(m): 2:54pm On Dec 08, 2015
To me,the op is just another wailer,bh killed 105 and you feel they will not release a video to mock the Nigerian govt?haba!!use another life line abeg
Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by NigLasPresident: 3:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
drss:
so because GEJ did it, its ok for buari to do it Where is d change? APC n lies is like bread n butter. No change.

business as usual
Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by drss(m): 3:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
cjrane:

Boko haram didn't murder these soldiers.

Nigerian troops of northern extraction are conducting ethnic cleansing of southern troops. They send them somewhere, then they dress in civilian clothes , surround them and murder them. Many southern troops have been and will continue to be eliminated in this way and their murder will be blamed on Boko haram to cover it up.
omo dis theory could be true O! Nigerians should stop decieving demselves, northerners support boko haram. Boko agents plenty for nigerian army no thanks to northern qota system.
Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by TimeManager(m): 3:18pm On Dec 08, 2015
@windvane, You've said it all and which has always been my point. But If you love the wailers, pray for them, they've become the official media arm of bokoharam. No lie only truth!
Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by tosin2013: 3:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
drss:
omo dis theory could be true O! Nigerians should stop decieving demselves, northerners support boko haram. Boko agents plenty for nigerian army no thanks to northern qota system.

Stop brandishing beer parlour gossips about! Its people like you dat deserve that wicked social media bill!
Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by drss(m): 4:23pm On Dec 08, 2015
tosin2013:

Stop brandishing beer parlour gossips about! Its people like you dat deserve that wicked social media bill!
who's dis one?
Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by Rikidony(m): 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2015
omolami:

yea we might lost up to that number of soldiers, we are at war and those are spoils of war, the Nigerian military covering this up is not just a Nigerian thing it happens all over the world.

no sane country will allow pictures of gallant soldiers killed to be circulated on social media, that will killed morale and enhance ur enemies
Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by obailala(m): 5:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
drss:
jpphilips:

So because Jonathan gagged the press means Buhari should stitch em up right?
who signed the FOI into law please can you remind me??
..And what does signing of the FOI bill got to do with the fact that the same saintly hero who signed it actually banned media houses for reporting unfolding stories?

By the way, never did I say that it is good for any government to gag the press. The irony of your arguments however is that the regime which some of you use as the 'saintly yardstick' was heavily involved in gagging the press and the present government which you choose to vilify has done no such thing so far.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162255-nigerian-military-goes-berserk-blocks-newspapers-distribution-abuja-lagos.html
http://allafrica.com/view/group/main/main/id/00030776.html
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/day-2-nigerian-soldiers-seize-newspaper-delivery-vehicles-invade-newsstands-abuja
http://dailypost.ng/2014/06/06/soldiers-seize-thousands-leadership-nation-vanguard-newspapers-friday-edition/

So what on earth do you guys possibly have to say about this?
Re: 105 Gallant Soldiers Brutally Murdered By Bokoharam by jpphilips(m): 10:09am On Dec 09, 2015
obailala:
..And what does signing of the FOI bill got to do with the fact that the same saintly hero who signed it actually banned media houses for reporting unfolding stories?

By the way, never did I say that it is good for any government to gag the press. The irony of your arguments however is that the regime which some of you use as the 'saintly yardstick' was heavily involved in gagging the press and the present government which you choose to vilify has done no such thing so far.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/162255-nigerian-military-goes-berserk-blocks-newspapers-distribution-abuja-lagos.html
http://allafrica.com/view/group/main/main/id/00030776.html
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/day-2-nigerian-soldiers-seize-newspaper-delivery-vehicles-invade-newsstands-abuja
http://dailypost.ng/2014/06/06/soldiers-seize-thousands-leadership-nation-vanguard-newspapers-friday-edition/

So what on earth do you guys possibly have to say about this?

Our opinions count for nothing, just face the facts and you will be fine

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Olufunmilayo Obe Becomes First African Police Inspector In America / Dangote To Generate 12,000 Megawatts For Nigeria / PHOTOS: President Muhammadu Buhari Arrives China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.