Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd (43684 Views)

James Faleke To Appeal Kogi Election Ruling / Falake Resumes Legislative Duties, Insists He’s Gov-elect / NASS Election Fallout: El Rufai Compensate Yorubass With Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Fanirandele: 6:38pm On Dec 08, 2015
he did the best thing. Yahaya Bello will lose that seat as he will have to show in the courts who his deputy was. Faleke had written to APC an INEC to remove his name as running mate to Bello which they refused to do, let them tell the tribunal if its by force to be running mate?

that election will be cancelled and there will be a new election

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by sorom4: 6:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
Lmao. We are all in a one chanced government. This Kogi case has shown us why we should be ashamed of our nation cos our leaders are using us to favour their personal interest and a mathematical ground for our nation. Bello has all to lose here cos you can't give a another mans vote to him. A good judiciary system should either favour Faleke or Wada

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
Opinedecandid:
And you say PDP won't collect that victory in court?
Let's wait and see.
In Buhari's court ot where?
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Lanretoye(m): 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
I think the guy has weighed his options,its win/win situation for him.
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Fanirandele: 6:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
madridguy:
In Yahaya Bello we trust. I am seeing Abiodun Faleke as future " Saraki " judas. grin grin grin grin grin

if anyone is a traitor its Bello, who worked against the party once he lost at the primaries. he is trying to reap where he did not sow and he will lose that seat in Court

4 Likes

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
make
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Kadiri08(m): 6:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
@Faleke who rejected being declared governor-elect of Kogi State after the death of
his principal, Prince Audu currently represents Ikeja Federal Constituency in the 8th
House of Representatives where he also chairs the Committee on Customs and
Excise.

This man must have a dual citizenship.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by JideTheBlogger(m): 6:57pm On Dec 08, 2015
Only him fighting for positions in two states?

Smh**
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Goldencollins: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
steffans:
Nice step...

It's better than sitting down.. Waiting for court to make you governor..

I blame Inec for the burahaha..
please educate me,if audu had not died and falake becomes his deputy what would have become of the constituency he is representing in national assembly?
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by tempem: 6:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
madridguy:
In Yahaya Bello we trust. I am seeing Abiodun Faleke as future " Saraki " judas. grin grin grin grin grin
man, not like that, it's not really easy. .
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by chesterlee(m): 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
Faleke!!!

The Yoruba man that wants to impose himself in another man's state...SMH
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by swizken89: 6:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
Check my signature
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by nemalish: 7:00pm On Dec 08, 2015
after investing to get the ticket spending millions, all the campaign souveneir and propaganda. then when its right fully logical to step into the shoes of his partner. someone from nowhere comes in to eat a meal that was not prepared for him. if it were you how would you feel? please lets reflect on this. the logical options would h ave been 1). faleke should be made the governor and yahaya bello should be the deputy 2). yahaya and his deputy should step in and faleke should lick his wounds. 3), pres buhari should step in and order a fresh election givng apc ample time to come up with a proper alternative thats within the boundaries of the law

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Jalal(m): 7:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
Him for manage the two na, since HOR members don't sit everyday oloshi! grin grin grin
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by kristisking(m): 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
Who cares.
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
same sh!t everyday. next!!!!! (Modify) ( Quote ) ( Report) (Share
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Alphaoscar: 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
Goldencollins:

please educate me,if audu had not died and falake becomes his deputy what would have become of the constituency he is representing in national assembly?

he will vacate his seat at the House of Rep and a bye election will be conducted in the constituency.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Vic74real: 7:08pm On Dec 08, 2015
It makes sense. He made the right decision. He wld hv just played second fiddle as a deputy governor

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Toktee(m): 7:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
madridguy:
Faleke is behaving as if he is the one that killed Audu.
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Dedetwo(m): 7:14pm On Dec 08, 2015
jbbaba:
December 08, 2015 at 4:49 pm in News

By Emman Ovuakporie and Johnbosco Agbakwuru

ABUJA-BARELY 72hours after the conclusion of the supplementary governorship election in Kogi state, the deputy governorship aspirant to the Late Abubakar Audu, Abiodun Faleke who refused to deputise Yahaya Bello who succeeded late Audu in the election, on Tuesday, showed up in the House of Representatives, where he took part in the legislative business of the day.
Faleke who rejected being declared governor-elect of Kogi State after the death of his principal, Prince Audu currently represents Ikeja Federal Constituency in the 8th House of Representatives where he also chairs the Committee on Customs and Excise.
The towering lawmaker stormed the green chamber spotting a white flowing ‘Agbada’ and a hand-made red cap, amid cheers from his colleagues in the House as he approached the chair where he held a brief chat with Speaker Yakubu Dogara before resuming to take his seat.
Faleke who rejected his re-nomination as deputy governorship candidate to the eventual winner and governor-elect, Alhaji Yahaya Bello has since gone to court asking the Judiciary to declare him governor-elect instead of Yahaya Bello whose name the All Progressives Congress (APC) forwarded to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as subtitle to the late Prince Audu.
In the suit, Faleke argues that both the INEC and the APC erred by, first, declaring the election inconclusive when the circumstances leading to cancellation of votes in most of the affected polling units bothered on over-voting and refusal to use card reader which amounted to violation of the electoral Act of 2010.
He is also faulting APC’s decision to substitute late Audu with Yahaya Bello when he (Faleke) who participated in all the stages of the election with the late candidate should have been the replacement as against Yahaya Bello who did not participate in all the stages of the election apart from the primaries where he came second.
His camp also accused Yahaya Bello of anti party activities during the inconclusive poll, saying that the latter worked against the interest of the APC which accounted for why the party even lost his own polling booth in Okene.
However, efforts to get views of lawyers concerning the legal implication of the development could not yield results as at press time.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/kogi-election-fallout-faleke-resumes-legislative-duties/

Per the bolded, is it the Ikeja of Lagos State or Ikeja of Kogi State?
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 08, 2015
aywhy93:
Hmmnnnn... When I hear Kogi, the only thing that comes to my mind is a Bar soap (Ose Kogi) grin

BTW, the MTN 5GB Simple Android Server is now working, here is how to fix yours!
Bro, I don't understand why my phone is unable to access the link you uploaded and I really need the new Simple Server settings to continue my movie downloads.

Please I will greatly appreciate if you paste the content of that source, that is the new SAS settings here.

Thank you very much.
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by BlackPeni5: 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2015
Eventually Kogi elections will be cancelled and a new one organised. Yahaya Bello only has 6,000 votes, Faleke did not contest primaries and cannot be made governor while Wada did not garner the highest number of votes.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by aleem50(m): 7:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
chesterlee:
Faleke!!!

The Yoruba man that wants to impose himself in another man's state...SMH
get sense naw, he is an okun man. Okun is a sub- ethnic group of Yoruba, they are Yoruba speaking part of kogi state.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Phonon: 7:34pm On Dec 08, 2015
Let us replay the same scenario if he had no back-up political office. He can still be feeding on House of Representatives salary while fighting the court case.
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by tinsel: 7:36pm On Dec 08, 2015
Goldencollins:

Ikeja Federal constituency will be vacant and inec will conduct another election to fill the vacancy.
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by 9isguy(m): 7:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
FuckTheMod:

You must be a dolt..
How has asking for what rightfully belong to him being betrayal

U have to go back to school bro:::
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by oglalasioux(m): 8:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Faleke will be governor. It's just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by 9isguy(m): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
Truely, educated illiterates exist:: A man of dual citizenship whom his PIC is registered In Lagos what to become the Governor of Kogi state; Can he (Faleke) vote 4 himself in the he want to Govern? This is a common Logic that Even my Grandma will tell u he can never win this case in court::: some one said BELLO only has 6000 votes, lemi tell u dis, Votes are not counted for individual rather the political party, U saying BELLO has 6000 votes means APC have 6000 votes and I tell u , go back to school.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Is Not Sharing ₦30,000 To Nigerians. Ignore Any Website Saying they Are / Hausa Version Of Peter Obi's Presidential Election Campaign Jingle (Pix, Video) / Massive Rally Ongoing In Makurdi Benue For Buhari. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.