Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,417 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd (43683 Views)

James Faleke To Appeal Kogi Election Ruling / Falake Resumes Legislative Duties, Insists He’s Gov-elect / NASS Election Fallout: El Rufai Compensate Yorubass With Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by 9isguy(m): 8:11pm On Dec 08, 2015
Truely, educated illiterates exist:: A man of dual citizenship whom his PVC is registered In Lagos what to become the Governor of Kogi state; Can he (Faleke) vote 4 himself in the he want to Govern? This is a common Logic that Even my Grandma will tell u he can never win this case in court::: some one said BELLO only has 6000 votes, lemi tell u dis, Votes are not counted for individual rather the political party, U saying BELLO has 6000 votes means APC have 6000 votes and I tell u , go back to school.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by 9isguy(m): 8:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
9isguy:
Truely, educated illiterates exist:: A man of dual citizenship whom his PVC is registered In Lagos what to become the Governor of Kogi state; Can he (Faleke) vote 4 himself in the he want to Govern? This is a common Logic that Even my Grandma will tell u he can never win this case in court::: some one said BELLO only has 6000 votes, lemi tell u dis, Votes are not counted for individual rather the political party, U saying BELLO has 6000 votes means APC have 6000 votes and I tell u , go back to school.

*want
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Osezzua(m): 8:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
Did read right that Hon Faleke currently represents Ikeja constituency. Do we have any Ikeja constituency in Kogi state or it was that of lagos that was being referred to? If it was lagos that was being referred to, hw is it possible for this man to hold a deputy governor ticket for a different state while already serving as a Hon. for ikeja?

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Dedetwo(m): 8:16pm On Dec 08, 2015
tinsel:

Ikeja Federal constituency will be vacant and inec will conduct another election to fill the vacancy.

I ask again, is it Ikeja Federal constituency of Lagos State or Kogi State?
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Valmesk(m): 8:19pm On Dec 08, 2015
kristisking:
Who cares.
NFCS does

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by aywhy93(m): 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
Largas:

Bro, I don't understand why my phone is unable to access the link you uploaded and I really need the new Simple Server settings to continue my movie downloads.

Please I will greatly appreciate if you paste the content of that source, that is the new SAS settings here.

Thank you very much.

It's not possible to paste that here... NL Rules! Send me an email request and I will send it to you via email or any other more reasonable means sha
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by habiham: 8:28pm On Dec 08, 2015
I just don't understand is there no other credible person in kogi state ? Mr Faleke face your Rep for now so that you can delever what you promise us in Lagosians during your Campaign !!! Future holds so many things ...
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:44pm On Dec 08, 2015
Mynd44:
Who are those who said Faleke will lose? Lose what?

He is still in the House of Reps with a good chance of being declared governor.
He still chairs the house committee on customs and still relevant.

Wada is the biggest loser as the fight is between Yahaya Bello and Faleke. He has lost
u guys r so not truthful atall, even though i hate wada but dont be suprise he retains dat seat. First yahaya bello doesnt hv running mate cos faleke doesnt want to deputise him, second faleke did not stand for primaries which is one of the criteria to be d govr. If apc do any mistake to substitute faleke's name n slot in another to be yahaya's deputy, apc is gone. Also if on the day of swearing in faleke isnt present as the deputy elect and he isnt dead but just mia then apc has serious case to answer cos in the electoral act u must have a deputy. So bro just keep watching n dont write off wada yet......
I hate him but he may retain that seat if apc mess up cos they r messing up already. Inec mess them up cos they shudnt hv declared an election which was won already inconclusive...

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 08, 2015
And now the drama begins.A Governor without a deputy....I thought they said Faleke issue is a family matter.I'm available o if they need a suplementary deputy.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by jacksonite: 8:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
jbbaba:
December 08, 2015 at 4:49 pm in News

By Emman Ovuakporie and Johnbosco Agbakwuru

ABUJA-BARELY 72hours after the conclusion of the supplementary governorship election in Kogi state, the deputy governorship aspirant to the Late Abubakar Audu, Abiodun Faleke who refused to deputise Yahaya Bello who succeeded late Audu in the election, on Tuesday, showed up in the House of Representatives, where he took part in the legislative business of the day.
Faleke who rejected being declared governor-elect of Kogi State after the death of his principal, Prince Audu currently represents Ikeja Federal Constituency in the 8th House of Representatives where he also chairs the Committee on Customs and Excise.
The towering lawmaker stormed the green chamber spotting a white flowing ‘Agbada’ and a hand-made red cap, amid cheers from his colleagues in the House as he approached the chair where he held a brief chat with Speaker Yakubu Dogara before resuming to take his seat.
Faleke who rejected his re-nomination as deputy governorship candidate to the eventual winner and governor-elect, Alhaji Yahaya Bello has since gone to court asking the Judiciary to declare him governor-elect instead of Yahaya Bello whose name the All Progressives Congress (APC) forwarded to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as subtitle to the late Prince Audu.
In the suit, Faleke argues that both the INEC and the APC erred by, first, declaring the election inconclusive when the circumstances leading to cancellation of votes in most of the affected polling units bothered on over-voting and refusal to use card reader which amounted to violation of the electoral Act of 2010.
He is also faulting APC’s decision to substitute late Audu with Yahaya Bello when he (Faleke) who participated in all the stages of the election with the late candidate should have been the replacement as against Yahaya Bello who did not participate in all the stages of the election apart from the primaries where he came second.
His camp also accused Yahaya Bello of anti party activities during the inconclusive poll, saying that the latter worked against the interest of the APC which accounted for why the party even lost his own polling booth in Okene.
However, efforts to get views of lawyers concerning the legal implication of the development could not yield results as at press time.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/kogi-election-fallout-faleke-resumes-legislative-duties/
So he is not even an indegene of kogi state? Na wao for Naija politics!
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by thundafire: 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
but y faleke wer dy represent lagos 4 HOR come dy go become kogi governor wer Tinubu 4 him 2 explain cs faleke only went 2 kogi 2 campaign cs of greed
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 08, 2015
aywhy93:

It's not possible to paste that here... NL Rules! Send me an email request and I will send it to you via email or any other more reasonable means sha
Mail me at truevessi@gmail.com and thank you.

Is the settings only applicable to Simple Android server verson 3.5 ?
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by mudiana(m): 9:15pm On Dec 08, 2015
he is a member of house of rep for ikeja federal constituency, but how? is ikeja not in Lagos and this man ran as dep gov of kogi.pls nairalanders school me.
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by ShySteady(m): 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
Wait oh! How is this magic performed? Faleke is HOR member representing Ikeja (Lagos State) and vying to be governor of Kogi State.
Is Nigeria becoming the country of our dreams where you can aspire for any political position anywhere irrespective of your tribe? Or something is fishy here with interests of selfish politicians?
God help us!
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Mynd44: 9:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
mudiana:
he is a member of house of rep for ikeja federal constituency, but how? is ikeja not in Lagos and this man ran as dep gov of kogi.pls nairalanders school me.
There is no law that says you cant run for office in any state you want as long as you are a Nigerian. So a Chike can run for office in Osun and win and if he thinks he will do more impact as governor of Abia, he can run for it.

Lai Mohammed is an idigene of Kwara but his son Folarin is in the Lagos state house of Assembly.

There is a member of the Lagos state house of assembly that is of Igbo descent and everyone is okay with it.

The Constitution does not care about tribe or religion, only we human beings do

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Mynd44: 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2015
ShySteady:
Wait oh! How is this magic performed? Faleke is HOR member representing Ikeja (Lagos State) and vying to be governor of Kogi State.
Is Nigeria becoming the country of our dreams where you can aspire for any political position anywhere irrespective of your tribe? Or something is fishy here with interests of selfish politicians?
God help us!
Nigeria is already there and beyond but Nigerians are the ones stuck in the atone age and allow petty issues of tribe, sex and religion divide us.

A man of Igbo descent contests for the governor of Lagos without hindrance if he wins is completely his business though.
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by mart2k(m): 9:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
blackpanda:
This guy is a greedy clown! He wants to be lawmaker of one state and governor of another Oloriburuku oshi! grin
So, what is bad in it?
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by mart2k(m): 9:56pm On Dec 08, 2015
Kadiri08:

@Faleke who rejected being declared governor-elect of Kogi State after the death of
his principal, Prince Audu currently represents Ikeja Federal Constituency in the 8th
House of Representatives where he also chairs the Committee on Customs and
Excise.

This man must have a dual citizenship.
D constitution has provision for that. U as a person, no matter ur state of origin can bcom anything in Abuja being d FCT n Lagos as fmr FCT. Get a copy of d constitution n peruse it
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by mart2k(m): 9:58pm On Dec 08, 2015
JideTheBlogger:
Only him fighting for positions in two states?

Smh**
yes, it is allowed constitutionally
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by mart2k(m): 10:01pm On Dec 08, 2015
chesterlee:
Faleke!!!

The Yoruba man that wants to impose himself in another man's state...SMH
Sir, I wow for ur stupidity. U go sch at all?
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by ObadakiDfirst: 10:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
sorom4:
Lmao. We are all in a one chanced government. This Kogi case has shown us why we should be ashamed of our nation cos our leaders are using us to favour their personal interest and a mathematical ground for our nation. Bello has all to lose here cos you can't give a another mans vote to him. A good judiciary system should either favour Faleke or Wada
u never stop weed?..... Faleke ddnt participate in d primary... He was only a running mate.... Bello bought nomination form and participated frm d initial stage....... Think bro... If na u nko?
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
it seems Kogi people are the ones that just don't want him (Faleke).
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by ObadakiDfirst: 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2015
The way d Man dey despirate.... Like say na im kill Audu...... Fighting for what u never contested for frm d onset
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by Enesi47: 11:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
I want to ask question ooooo? How did faleke use thesame pvc he used in lagos state and still use same pvc in kogi state?

1 Like

Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by sorom4: 11:12pm On Dec 08, 2015
[/s][s]
ObadakiDfirst:
u never stop weed?..... Faleke ddnt participate in d primary... He was only a running mate.... Bello bought nomination form and participated frm d initial stage....... Think bro... If na u nko?
Do you understand anything at all? I'm sure that you are a slowpoke that has refused to catch up with the intellectuals. Was Bello the one that got the majority of votes casted? Is the Attorney General supposed to be the one to advice INEC? What is the function of the Supreme Court? For your information and digest; the Supreme Court should have been the one to advice INEC on what to do and you can't give Bello who wasn't at the beginning of the election all the votes gathered by Audu/Faleke when Faleke is still alive. Use your brain for once instead of spewing trash. If you no get brain; go yabaleft to buy one and get two free
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by dyn1800: 4:10am On Dec 09, 2015
Faleke should find somewhere to sleep jare
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by miqos02(m): 5:53am On Dec 09, 2015
oshyno:
Who then will become d deputy.
Can the governor be sworn in without a deputy.
Is it constitutional for APC to bring in anoda deputy to be sworn in.

U see why it shud av been supreme court that out to have decided d way forward for the Kogi logjam. By that nobody wud av been thinking of approaching court. That is hw it is done in developed con3. But what do we get here, d attorney will arm twist INEC into taking a decision instead of approaching supreme court .

When IPOB calls my con3 zoo it wud look like they are insulting us.
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by billyG(m): 6:38am On Dec 09, 2015
jbbaba:
December 08, 2015 at 4:49 pm in News

By Emman Ovuakporie and Johnbosco Agbakwuru

ABUJA-BARELY 72hours after the conclusion of the supplementary governorship election in Kogi state, the deputy governorship aspirant to the Late Abubakar Audu, Abiodun Faleke who refused to deputise Yahaya Bello who succeeded late Audu in the election, on Tuesday, showed up in the House of Representatives, where he took part in the legislative business of the day.
Faleke who rejected being declared governor-elect of Kogi State after the death of his principal, Prince Audu currently represents Ikeja Federal Constituency in the 8th House of Representatives where he also chairs the Committee on Customs and Excise.
The towering lawmaker stormed the green chamber spotting a white flowing ‘Agbada’ and a hand-made red cap, amid cheers from his colleagues in the House as he approached the chair where he held a brief chat with Speaker Yakubu Dogara before resuming to take
his seat.

Faleke who rejected his re-nomination as deputy governorship candidate to the eventual winner and governor-elect, Alhaji Yahaya Bello has since gone to court asking the Judiciary to declare him governor-elect instead of Yahaya Bello whose name the All Progressives Congress (APC) forwarded to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as subtitle to the late Prince Audu.
In the suit, Faleke argues that both the INEC and the APC erred by, first, declaring the election inconclusive when the circumstances leading to cancellation of votes in most of the affected polling units bothered on over-voting and refusal to use card reader which amounted to violation of the electoral Act of 2010.
He is also faulting APC’s decision to substitute late Audu with Yahaya Bello when he (Faleke) who participated in all the stages of the election with the late candidate should have been the replacement as against Yahaya Bello who did not participate in all the stages of the election apart from the primaries where he came second.
His camp also accused Yahaya Bello of anti party activities during the inconclusive poll, saying that the latter worked against the interest of the APC which accounted for why the party even lost his own polling booth in Okene.
However, efforts to get views of lawyers concerning the legal implication of the development could not yield results as at press time.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/kogi-election-fallout-faleke-resumes-legislative-duties/
So this man won represent 2 states in nigeria?therev is God ooo!
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by ObadakiDfirst: 7:57am On Dec 09, 2015
sorom4:
[/s][s]
Do you understand anything at all? I'm sure that you are a slowpoke that has refused to catch up with the intellectuals. Was Bello the one that got the majority of votes casted? Is the Attorney General supposed to be the one to advice INEC? What is the function of the Supreme Court? For your information and digest; the Supreme Court should have been the one to advice INEC on what to do and you can't give Bello who wasn't at the beginning of the election all the votes gathered by Audu/Faleke when Faleke is still alive. Use your brain for once instead of spewing trash. If you no get brain; go yabaleft to buy one and get two free
make I no answer U..... Shey u stil dey smoke?
Re: Kogi Election Fallout: Faleke Resumes Legislative Duties. Vangurd by sursur(m): 9:08am On Dec 09, 2015
Fanirandele:
he did the best thing. Yahaya Bello will lose that seat as he will have to show in the courts who his deputy was. Faleke had written to APC an INEC to remove his name as running mate to Bello which they refused to do, let them tell the tribunal if its by force to be running mate?

that election will be cancelled and there will be a new election
u are learned , for yahaya bello to governed Kogi' he needs nobody but faleke as his deputy .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fayose Kneels On The Alter, Prays For Nigeria With Apostle Suleman. Photos / Court Orders DSS To Produce Nnamdi Kanu On November 23 - Thisday Live / FG Is Not Sharing ₦30,000 To Nigerians. Ignore Any Website Saying they Are

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.