Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Pranksters Read Verses From A Bible Disguised As The Qur'an To Prove A Point - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pranksters Read Verses From A Bible Disguised As The Qur'an To Prove A Point (820 Views)

Why Do Pentecostals Believe That Catholic Church Is Not A Bible Believing Church / Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As A Beggar: The Real Story / Pastor Lawrence Onochie Disguised As Beggar, Went To His Own Church, Was Snubbed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pranksters Read Verses From A Bible Disguised As The Qur'an To Prove A Point by Akiika: 10:21pm On Dec 08, 2015
A YouTube "prank" video is being used once again this week to teach the world an important lesson about never judging a book by its cover.

Quite literally, in fact.

The Holy Quran Experiment was released by Dutch comedians Alexander Spoor and Sacha Harland over the weekend to express the duo's concerns about reports of Islamophobia motivated by last month's Paris attacks.

"Since the recent events in Paris, and the association between ISIS and Islam, the Islamic belief has been under constant scrutiny," reads English subtitles on the Dutch-language video's introduction.

"Muslims have been accused of following a religion that has no place in our Western culture," the piece continues. "This made us wonder: What about Christianity? A religion that has influenced our culture greatly?"

To further explore the question, Spoor and Harland picked up a copy of the Bible and started reading.
Then, after selecting what they called "some of it's most gruesome verses," they removed the Bible's cover, replaced it with the cover of a Qur'an – the central religious text of Islam – and took to the streets.

"Let's see what happens when we read these passages from the Bible to some people out there, all while leading them to believe these are passages from the Qur'an," says one member of the team, which goes by Dit Is Normaal on YouTube, before sharing the following quote with several passers-by:

"If you do not obey Me, but act with hostility against Me… you will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters." (Leviticus)

As it turns out, people in The Netherlands aren't very keen on the idea of eating their own children. Or putting gay men to death. Or cutting off the hands of women who dare to teach.

"How could anyone believe in this?" one woman says. "That's unbelievable to me."

"Cutting off peoples' hands … I mean, apparently that's just the way they are," says another. "If you've been raised with this book and these kinds of thoughts it's going to influence the way you think."

When asked to compare what they've just heard from the (fake) Qur'an to what's in the Bible, different people the comedians encounter describe the Islamic holy book as "more aggressive" and less "positive" than the Christian holy book.

Then comes the big reveal, which leaves every participant visibly shocked (and most, rather amused).
Harland and Spoor let the faces speak for themselves, choosing to reserve comment and show a reel of the reactions instead.

You can view the entire piece right here and let us know what you think of it in the comments or on Twitter @CBCNews.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/bible-quran-disguise-dutch-pranksters-youtube-1.3354446

1 Like

Re: Pranksters Read Verses From A Bible Disguised As The Qur'an To Prove A Point by skywolf66(m): 11:33pm On Dec 08, 2015
You won't see those brainwashed fools commenting here because they know that both Christianity and Islam are aggressive towards non believers and both books said the reward for apostasy is death

BTW i believe in God but it is the these so called religions that I don't believe in

2 Likes

Re: Pranksters Read Verses From A Bible Disguised As The Qur'an To Prove A Point by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
I think the foundation of both religion are the same. The Bible god was anti-anything not Israeli,while Allah was anti-anything no Muslim. Both books contained countless records of genocides. But as we all know,both religion are religions of peace grin

1 Like

Re: Pranksters Read Verses From A Bible Disguised As The Qur'an To Prove A Point by plaetton: 7:14am On Dec 09, 2015
Hilarious. grin

Both books are , and have been a cancer on humanity.

Both books are a cancer on the African mind.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Daniel Olukoya Unveils Predictions For 2016. / A Muslim Encountered Jesus Christ / Photo: Evangelism With Limousine and Rolls Royce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.