Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It (29186 Views)

Please Help: The Best Way To Cope With An SS Patient / How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? / Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water [ MUST READ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by JOOHEL: 9:21am On Dec 09, 2015
Nicepoker:
u sure say no be benin republic u de stay?

Lol. No!.
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by classicdude1(m): 9:28am On Dec 09, 2015
thanks so much 4 this.....
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by NiceHans: 9:49am On Dec 09, 2015
Like say na d 1st harmattan una experience
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by arimahoseloka(m): 9:54am On Dec 09, 2015
I use coconut oil to tackle dry skin, it's d best
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by gfullmoon(m): 9:55am On Dec 09, 2015
veekid:
What if e no come work?
Thomases in Nigeria is more than the Biblical one in every Twelve. Harsh economical realities and con artists everywhere have made average Nigerian to doubt everything from the Govt,from the citizens including his own name.
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by charlsecy(m): 10:28am On Dec 09, 2015
PresVA:
There's no better solution to the dryness than my coconut oil and shea butter(AKA ori)..
I want to go completely organic about the pomade I apply on my skin. Where can I get Ori and coconut oil? Is there a pomade that contains both, or should I have to make it myself?
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by PresVA: 10:59am On Dec 09, 2015
charlsecy:

I want to go completely organic about the pomade I apply on my skin. Where can I get Ori and coconut oil? Is there a pomade that contains both, or should I have to make it myself?
I got my Ori from CMS lagos...but I think it's sold all over Nigeria. If you can get someone in the north to buy for you, better because theirs is original. .
then, my coconut oil is homemade but you can also get good ones from supermarkets or trusted sellers.. if you want to make yours, you'll see directions online. ..
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 09, 2015
ellahzy:
that's the reason I bought new lip gloss nd lip balm.

shine bright like a diamond #bodycreaming grin
kk, make e shine fine girl.... to kiss dat ur lip just dey hungry me!
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by jhiskot(m): 11:32am On Dec 09, 2015
Teewhy2:
Nice write up and timely. Family men and women should take care and be very observant during this period as your kids might be prone to cold during this period as you might not be always around to monitor them, also try to close your windows that is facing dusty Road and dust your environment regularly.

Merry Christmas, read the below and do the needful

Hi Nairalanders , your votes are needed to overturn the more than 1500 votes that they are using to lead my baby Enyijuoluwa Aviela Adekoya in the #CussonsBabyMoments competition . I believe with your votes the gap is nothing kindly click on this link https://cussonsbabymoments.com/details/578. and vote. Thanks

Ahba... Baba bon boy... Over 1500 votes, naso ur kid no fine reach? Y u kukuma join d competition Well, me wud pity u nd make it over 1499 votes grin
Teewhy2:
Nice write up and timely. Family men and women should take care and be very observant during this period as your kids might be prone to cold during this period as you might not be always around to monitor them, also try to close your windows that is facing dusty Road and dust your environment regularly.

Merry Christmas, read the below and do the needful

Hi Nairalanders , your votes are needed to overturn the more than 1500 votes that they are using to lead my baby Enyijuoluwa Aviela Adekoya in the #CussonsBabyMoments competition . I believe with your votes the gap is nothing kindly click on this link https://cussonsbabymoments.com/details/578. and vote. Thanks

Ahba... Baba bon boy... Over 1500 votes, naso ur kid no fine reach? Y u kukuma join d competition Well, me wud pity u nd make it over 1499 votes

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by arabianights: 11:34am On Dec 09, 2015
PresVA:
There's no better solution to the dryness than my coconut oil and shea butter(AKA ori).. kiss kiss

My only problem with this weather is the dust/particles blowing into the air making our already contaminated environment worse....

mmmmmmmm....... well you could say that due to the lipoleic acid in them but for your body to be properly moisturized you need to also *moisturise* internally by hydrating your self. Drink lots of water....

Dont Underestimate the effects of rose water and glycerine.I use sheabutter & cocoabutter but trsut me, boots rose water and glycerine moisturises more effectively than them especially during this harmattan .The only thingy is that it isnt organic like sheabutter.

1 Like

Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by arabianights: 11:36am On Dec 09, 2015
PresVA:
I got my Ori from CMS lagos...but I think it's sold all over Nigeria. If you can get someone in the north to buy for you, better because theirs is original. .
then, my coconut oil is homemade but you can also get good ones from supermarkets or trusted sellers.. if you want to make yours, you'll see directions online. ..

Specifically, Niger state for ori.
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by arabianights: 11:38am On Dec 09, 2015
Iceyquincy:
Here in Jigawa state is winter, most mornings, zero visibility, hollowing winds, hales falling from d sky.. I bet Abj harmattan is a learner compare to this.....

Yep... Abuja is.Far north is normally terrible during harmattan.Have you been to Sokoto?
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 09, 2015
Mscheew. See plenty advice like we're in winter. Abegi, its not that cold - do whatever you've been doing throughout the year but moisturize always. Shikena.
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by arabianights: 11:42am On Dec 09, 2015
WIZGUY69:
Harmattan is something else in the north (Abuja).

See as people ugly with sad faces grin

Na lie... its not that bad its dusty, dry,and cold in the night as well as windy But definitely not that bad.
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by PresVA: 11:46am On Dec 09, 2015
arabianights:

mmmmmmmm....... well you could say that due to the lipoleic acid in them but for your body to be properly moisturized you need to also *moisturise* internally by hydrating your self. Drink lots of water....

Dont Underestimate the effects of rose water and glycerine.I use sheabutter & cocoabutter but trsut me, boots rose water and glycerine moisturises more effectively than them especially during this harmattan .The only thingy is that it isnt organic like sheabutter.
Yeah, I drink water a lot too..

For now, I'm ok with my shea butter and coconut oil.. smiley
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by arabianights: 11:51am On Dec 09, 2015
PresVA:
Yeah, I drink water a lot too..

For now, I'm ok with my shea butter and coconut oil.. smiley

Then you should try olive oil .dunno why people dey shout coconut oil when olive oil is way better than coconut oil.
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by PresVA: 12:11pm On Dec 09, 2015
arabianights:

Then you should try olive oil .dunno why people dey shout coconut oil when olive oil is way better than coconut oil.
I use olive oil sometimes too....

I like my coconut oil cos I make it myself, unadulterated. . Coconut oil is actually cool wink
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by LORDDICE(m): 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2015
Skymiyke:
Dis d definition of cold at my side!

pheeew! finally, I am beginning to meet j.town pipz on nl
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by Bollinger(m): 12:42pm On Dec 09, 2015
cuvox:

And for those who live in areas with wells with no option to heat water, well water is usually warm from 4.30 am - 6am.... just fetch and use it to bathe after adding antiseptic.

source http://www.punchng.com/coping-with-harmattan/

cc lalasticlala, seun

Any water gotten from wells in Nigeria should first be boiled. What you all don't realize is that it's mixed with sewage. People just dig sewage systems in Nigeria without officials from environmental agencies overseeing or approving it. I can imagine the amount of leaky sewage systems there right now. Damn.
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by UruAnn(f): 1:02pm On Dec 09, 2015
I'm actually ok wit d weather over hia, not too cold..thanks for d advice though.
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by excel455(m): 1:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
I have personally witnessed an obvious change in the weather. U might have also witnessed it as well. That's good for you. But if you have not then please take note of these important advises.

To help guard your health and protect your life.
The weather is getting cold in the morning
Dry(humid) and hot in the afternoon.
These dramatic changes occurring in the weather poses many health risks and dangers upon us.

And we need to take critical look at them so we don't develop any complications.

As a result of these changes.
People are at a high risk for upper respiratory infections as a result of inhalation of dust
Epistaxis ; bleeding through the nose as a result of humid air that cause blood vessels in the nose to break.

Dehydration due to dry air or humidity
Eye infections like conjunctivitis due to dryness and dust.

Sore throat

Dried skins cracked lips and other lesions
High tendency of bleeding

Poor water hygiene may also occur leading to other gastrointestinal effects like vomiting and diarrhoea.

Preventive measures
Wear protective clothes such as jackets trousers socks and stockings wherever appropriate and necessary

Drink more water at 6 to 8 sachets or more

Use appropriate skin cream , the best I can recommend is Shea butter. Apply them on areas that are prone to dryness like the lips, hair, face heals of the foot etc.

Pls don't expose your body

Do as much as possible to avoid dusty areas. Leaders can help us sprinkle some water at dusty areas.

Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing to prevent spread of infectious micro organisms.

Do as much as possible to prevent any form of injury since this can cause a lot bleeding.

Reduce Strenuous activities the lead to high oxygen demand.

Ensure good personal hygiene.

Take in more fruits and vegetables to help boost immunity

Take enough time to rest

Please let us spread this vital information so we can save lives. Remember prevention is better than to cure.
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by excel455(m): 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2015
Shea butter cream for sale. The most appropriate cream for this kinda weather.
Contact me on 08095904040 to place ur order.
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by ademoladeji(m): 2:55pm On Dec 09, 2015
WIZGUY69:

grin. Are you indirectly telling us that you are jobless?
Olodo...
What has sex got to do with 'job'?
I fit hook you up if you needed one buh I'm not a job seeker
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by krestup: 4:01pm On Dec 09, 2015
Harmattan period bring sickness like cold, catarrh, sore throat.. during this period there is a high rate of fever, so there is need to take your health seriously so as not to miss the Christmas fun

http://how.com.ng/how-to-stay-healthy-during-harmattan
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by WIZGUY69(m): 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
ademoladeji:

Olodo...

Why the insult now? cheesy Is there anything bad in being a job seeker? cool
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by WIZGUY69(m): 6:29pm On Dec 09, 2015
ademoladeji:

Olodo...

Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by ademoladeji(m): 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2015
WIZGUY69:

Lolz... Was just teasing you...
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by arabianights: 6:34pm On Dec 09, 2015
PresVA:
I use olive oil sometimes too....

I like my coconut oil cos I make it myself, unadulterated. . Coconut oil is actually cool wink

Okay..... dont forget to keep a bottle in your bathroom in which you will be using on your skin immediately you take your bath.Dont dry off your skin, make sure your skin is damp and then rub in the oil ... this seals in moisture and moisturises better.
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by PresVA: 6:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
arabianights:

Okay..... dont forget to keep a bottle in your bathroom in which you will be using on your skin immediately you take your bath.Dont dry off your skin, make sure your skin is damp and then rub in the oil ... this seals in moisture and moisturises better.
Alright. Thank you so much. .. smiley
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by NiceHans: 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2015
IBB98:
INFACT IM TRAPPED IN DAT WEATHER,IM IN NORTH D WEATHER ISNT FRIENDLY.IM ON A LONG TERM SICKNESS,I NW FEEL SERIOUS PAINS ALL OVER ME,TO SIT NA WAHALAH NW COX OF D PAINS@MY BOTTUCKS AND ALSO SCARED TO EAT TOO IN OTHER NT TO ADD MORE TROUBLES TO MYSELF.I HV RHEUMATOID ARTHERITIS,SO ANY ADVICE PLZ ON HW TO HANDLE D SITUATION ON WHAT TO EAT AND PREVENT MY JOINTS AND PAINS SHOULD B DROP,TANX U ALL.
firstup is to ensure you wear thick clothing throughout the day n nite, take your bath with moderate warm water, reduce your meat intake, there re so many drugs for RA, which i prefer u go to hospital for
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by professore(m): 2:49am On Dec 10, 2015
I like the part which says wear layers and not one single thick dress
Re: Dangers Of Harmattan And How To Cope With It by Smartresult(f): 7:51am On Dec 21, 2015
micfranklin:
Its 6trillion, dnt carry fake news
i mean the social welfare package

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anthrax Cannot Be Killed By Boiling Your Meat - Dr Obi Ogar Warns Nigerians / COVID-19 Patient Delivered Of A Baby At LUTH / Ogun Launches COVID-19 Mobile Laboratory For Testing (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.