Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria (14258 Views)

Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief / Asiri Dokubo Answers Question Of Abandoned Igbo Properties & Igbo Massacre of SS / Map Of Native Courts Of 1903 Showing Boundary Of Igbo Speaking People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by mightyhazel: 8:23pm On Dec 09, 2015
OJUcrook:
Guy stop running around in circles. Ibos were not the only one that have been victims in the killings. Go dust your history books, read about the the Tiv riot. The middle beltans have also suffered massacres.

Like i asked you earlier; everyone knew that the north was hostile to the south, why then did Nnamdi Azikiwe, an ibo man, form an alliance with the same northerners that have been killing his people ? Because of Greed & lust for power, i guess
u keep dodgin my questions u dis boy. Let me spell it out more plainly! In ur first post on dis thread,u asserted wit ur lopsided list dat igbos were the initiators of violence and killings in nigeria,and threfore deserve all d killings they hav been gettin afterwards. But wen I pointed certain facts to u,u changed music,sayin dat killings actually started far back as 1945 by northeners,killing southerners. So my simple question was why do ur like keep spewing those malicious lies dat igbos started ethnic cleansings in nigeria?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by Aksonman: 8:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
Small Correction: GIDEON AKALUKA was from Benue state, Idoma I think. So by and large, he was a fellow Northerner.

I'm off.
Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by OJUcrook: 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
mightyhazel:
u keep dodgin my questions u dis boy. Let me spell it out more plainly! In ur first post on dis thread,u asserted wit ur lopsided list dat igbos were the initiators of violence and killings in nigeria,and threfore deserve all d killings they hav been gettin afterwards. But wen I pointed certain facts to u,u changed music,sayin dat killings actually started far back as 1945 by northeners,killing southerners. So my simple question was why do ur like keep spewing those malicious lies dat igbos started ethnic cleansings in nigeria?
1) i am not a boy. I am a lady & i might even be old enough to bore you

2) The Jos riot of 1945 was a politically motivated mob action. The northerners feared southern domination, they never wanted to be in the same country with the south and they opposed this violently. But, again, Nnamdi Azikiwe an ibo man still went to form an alliance with them.

3) the ibo coup of Jan 1966 under the umbrella of a 'revolution' was a planned decimation of political and military leaders of other regions whilst the ibos spared theirs.

4) the ibos greed for power made them allies of the North in the first republic despite the killings in the previous years. The ibos lust for power made them carry out the first coup d' etat in Nigeria

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by Nobody: 8:49pm On Dec 09, 2015
OJUcrook:

2) The Jos riot of 1945 was a politically motivated mob action. The northerners feared southern domination, they never wanted to be in the same country with the south and they opposed this violently. But, again, Nnamdi Azikiwe an ibo man still went to form an alliance with them.

3) the ibo coup of Jan 1966 under the umbrella of a 'revolution' was a planned decimation of political and military leaders of other regions whilst the ibos spared theirs.

4) the ibos greed for power made them allies of the North in the first republic despite the killings in the previous years. The ibos lust for power made them carry out the first coup d' etat in Nigeria

Nzeogwu, the January 1966 coup leader was a Niger-deltan from Delta-Igbo. And the other ring members are Kpera (Northerner), Ademoyega (Westerner) and Anuforo (Easterner).

N.B: The essence of this information is mainly to expose the lies of the notorious history distortionists and wicked propagandists who insult and malign others continually with lies and falsehood, and shout and make much noise on every available media. This a tribe that is after all well known for being loose cannons. Uncouth, uncivilised and disrespectful set of people who made a career out of abuse and slurs.
The same treacheerous beings who precipitated the January 1966 coup and the 1967-70 civil war with their bloody 'Operation Wetie ' in the SW. They start trouble and heat up the polity only to run cowardly to hide in their evil Soka forest when the jungle matures.

Disciple of hate and propaganda, here are the members of Yoruba tribe that participated in the January 1966 coup:
(See Ben Gbulie: ‘Nigeria’s Five Majors.’).

*Adewale Ademoyega is the most prominent Yoruba participant in the coup, there were other Yoruba officers who were involved at the dangerous execution stage of the coup. One of them is:

*Second Lieutenant Olafimihan, an officer serving under Madiebo in Kaduna. He was sent by the plotters to gauge his commander’s loyalty. (See Madiebo pp.17-18).

*Another is Lieutenant (some books refer to him as a Captain) Fola Oyewole. He, like Ademoyega, went on to fight for Biafra and wrote a book on his coup and wartime experiences. The book’s title is ‘Reluctant Rebel.’ 

*There is also Captain Ganiyu Adeleke who became an instructor in the Biafran Infantry School. For confirmation, see the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108, and this quote from Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’: ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry was released at a later date after his co-plotters had been freed.’ Omoigui’s work is significant because, though he exhibits a high level of professionalism in his research, he has no sympathy for the January 15 coup. If his facts corroborate Ademoyega’s they are worthy of attention.

The Igbos have always accepted Awolowo as a great leader but his activities during the civil war shocked them. BY THE OBJECTIVE OF THE JANUARY 15 COUP, as quoted by Odia Ofeimun, the poet, the boys believed he was the greatest leader. 

THE LEADERS OF THE COUP, WERE TO MAKE CHIEF AWOLOWO THE PRIME MINISTER OF NIGERIA. These coup leaders didn't go for Azikiwe or Balewa. They wanted Chief Awolowo as quoted by Odia in a 1999 edition of The Guardian. Awolowo was supposed to be released by the Nzeogwu coup, which didn't have its assumed ending; it was aborted half way. It was Nzeogwu's colleague, Major Nzegwu that was supposed to pick him from Calabar prison and release him. So, I'm proving to you that the Igbo literality have always accepted Awo as one of the best and great leaders the country has ever produced but his activities during the war did not only shock them but betrayed the trust they had in.

For personal studies consult the following sources of my posts: 

*http://www.naijastories.com/2013/04/the-facts-and-fiction-of-the-january-15-1966-coup/

*https://www.nairaland.com/334770/famous-aburi-conference-full-minute/3

* Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’ - where he mentioned ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry.

* ‘Why We Struck’ - a book by  Adewale Ademoyega, a full blooded Yoruba army officer, who was deeply involved in the planning and execution of the January 1966 coup.

* Max Silloun (the military historian) landmark online article - ‘The inside story of Nigeria’s first military coup Parts 1 and 2

* 'Nigeria’s Five Majors’ - book by Ben Gbulie

* Major General Alexander Madiebo - excerpts from his interview with National Mirror
http://elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/13104-blame-gowon-and-awolowo-for-biafra-genocide-general-madiebo

* ‘Reluctant Rebel’ - a book by Captain Fola Oyewole, who went on to fight for Biafra just like Ademoyega 

* See the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108

* Sanusi Lamido's writings, "Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. 

* Sanusi Lamido's writings/publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)

* Sanusi Lamido's paper presented at the “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

Get the books and published papers and acquire some useful knowledge that can help you make informed decisions, and unravel the lies and propaganda being peddled in the public domain by the criminal 'sophisticated' tribe, even in this age of information technology.

I Regret Fighting The Civil War -Akinrinade by mekusxxx:7:58pm On Nov 11, 2009
mekusxxx:
NATION

Nigeria risks disintegration, says Akinrinade

By Olayinka Oyebode, Assistant Editor and Emmanuel Oladesu, Deputy Political Editor

FORMER Chief of Defence Staff, Lt-Gen Alani Akin-rinade (rtd), yesterday regretted his role in the 1966 civil war.

He described the sacrifice as a waste of time.

Lt-Gen. Akinrinade said the post-civil war Nigeria was not a country of his dream.

The former Minister of Agriculture warned that the country risked imminent disintegration "unless true federalism is practised." 

The retired officer joined other stakeholders to condemn corrupt practices in the country.

It was at the "New Nigeria Dialogue" organised as part of the activities marking the 55th birthday of the founder of Latter-Rain Assembly, Pastor Tunde Bakare, at Sheraton Hotels, Ikeja, Lagos. 

The ceremony was organised by the International Centre for Reconstruction and Development, a Non governmental Organisation (NGO).

Speakers, including Prof. Ropo Sekoni, Mr. Alfred Ilere, Chief Fred Agbe-yegbe and Mr. Tony Nnadi spoke on the theme: "The Nigerian Federation: Fundamental Flaws and Creative Reforms."

The event, which was chaired by the former governor of Lagos State, Rear Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu (rtd), was witnessed by former Governor Bisi Akande of Osun State, Dr Amos Akingba, Hon. Wale Oshun, Mrs. Jumoke Anifowose, Mr. Tokunbo Ajasin, Mr. Bisi Adegbuyi, Pa Adedapo Adeniran, Mr. Sam Ayedogbon, Mr. George Eke, Shettima Yerima and Mr. Yinka Odumakin.

Lt-Gen Akinrinade and other speakers rejected the 1999 Constitution, saying it was foisted on the country by the military.

To avert the collapse of the fledging federation, he canvassed restructuring of the country along the terms of the component units and a constitution that will promote true federalism.

The former minister said: "We must do constitutionally in Nigeria what Rawlings did in Ghana." 

Reflecting on the journey from independence, Bakare agreed that the prediction about an imminent break-up of the country might be fulfilled "if urgent steps are not taken to address the grievances of the ethnic nationalities. "

He said Nigeria must learn from the disintegration of Soviet Union and Yugoslavia because they could not meet the expectation of the units.

Akande peeped into the future, saying perilous days were around the corner owing to the collapse of schools and health institutions.

Sekoni traced the tragedy of the nation’s federalism to the post-1966 period when the military foisted on the country a centralised system of administration.

Quoting the late Chief Obafemi Awolowo, he said: "A multi-ethnic country can only realise its potentials when it embraces true federalism."
http://odili.net/news/source/2009/nov/12/318.html

wecan:
Raw truth from elderly Yoruba man
[size=18pt]JUST BEFORE THE DAWN; LET BIAFRA GO, LET BIAFRA BE.
By Okesola Ajibola Olayemi
[/size]

The United Kingdom (Britain) consisted of 5 kingdoms in the begining but today, the Welch, the Scotish, the Wales have gone their own ways and independently there are, ditto the old USSR. You dont impose it on people to live as one if they so decided to go, its a marriage of force by Lord Lugard when he (he wont rest in peace) amalgated us as a Nation.
[size=14pt]
I repeat here the Igbos have suffered in this country, let them be. The Yorubas must support the Igbos clarion calls of freedom and self independent for one good reason. The Northern oligacy jailed our revered father and the Asiwaju of the Yorubas by the power that be then. Gen Ironsi was the head of state, late Chief Odumegwu Ojukwu (a war lock and my hero) gave Ironsi so many troubles to release Awo, Gen Gowon then the 2nd in command from the Northern part of this country will not hear a thing of this. Gen Ironsi courtesy of Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu persisted Awo must be released.

Gen Ironsi signed Awolowo released papers and he Gen Ironsi was murdered same day before the papers could reached the then Eastern Governor Odumegwu Ojukwu. He Ojukwu unilataterially release Awolowo and ordered the Eastern Region senior police officers to deliver Awo...the avater to his Ikenne home save and sound. ( Pls see this in Fredrick Froster book entitled 'Emeka' at page 62) For this singular act, i belong to Biafra. My age mates and i were educated free of any charges by the late sage free.

Let the Biafra be and stop shedding their bloods for God sake. The Oracle at West End, Ijebu Igbo, Ogun State, South West Nigeria have spoken.[/size]

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by fulanigunman: 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2015
liberty300:
they already are...poverty, illiteracy, diseases..thats one of the very many ways God punishes them
poverty, kidnappings, Rapes cases, diseases, selling babes and many more abominations are everywhere in the igboland. God punishes too.

3 Likes

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by mightyhazel: 8:58pm On Dec 09, 2015
OJUcrook:

well,again u have attested wit ur own v writ dat igbos didt start ethnic cleansing in nigeria. Hencefort,madam or worreva u are,pls desist from dose malicious lies ok? I don't knw wot u hope 2 acheive wit dem. Secondly,get it in2 ur head dat d acrtion of a few junior officers wich came from various ethnic groups,in 1966 never reflected d intentions of d igbo ethnic group. So calling it an igbo coup is also malicious. adewale and banjo were yorubas 4m d west,nzeogwu was from midwest,while ifeajuna was from d east! Again,see how u rationalise previous massacres of '45 and '53 as politically motivated,as a result of fear of southern domination. But quickly rush 2 vilify d igbos for d coup of 1966,deservin of an outright genocide on them. Like I said earlier,I hope I will be able somday 2 deconstruct d mindset of ur type. Ur obviously an interestin specie 'madam'

7 Likes

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by OJUcrook: 9:03pm On Dec 09, 2015
mightyhazel:
ibo bloodsucking coupist carried out the first coup. QED

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by mightyhazel: 9:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
OJUcrook:
ibo bloodsucking coupist carried out the first coup. QED
well,worst case scenerio,..let's assume jan 1966 coup Was carried out by only igbos,(ademoyega and banjo were therefore from ohafia in present day abia state),..but fulanis,middlebeltans etc have carried out coups at one time or the other. Why were the coupists singled out and punished(in cases where they were actually punished), and not their whole ethnic groups comin under waves of gruesome pogroms Any inklings?? Like I said,I hope 2 deconstruct n find out why ppl like u reaon the way u do. because this kind of reasonins are purely abnormal. Sth must be givin,..

6 Likes

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by Ezepam: 11:03pm On Dec 09, 2015
OJUcrook:
Ahmadu Bello was killed by the ibos

Hafsatu Bello was killed by the ibos

Zuraini Bello was killed by the ibos

Tafawa Balewa was killed by the ibos

Abogo Lagerma was killed by the ibos

Zakaria Maimalari was killed by the ibos

Yakubu Pam was killed by the ibos

Samuel Ademulegun was killed by the ibos

Hajiat Latifat Ademulegun(a pregnant woman) was killed by the ibos

Ralph Sodehinde was killed by the ibos

Festus Okotie Eboh was killed by the ibos.

Samuel Ladoke Akintola was killed by the ibos

The bloodsucking ibo coupist killed political and military leaders from other regions while sparing theirs. The ibos are guilty of the first coup in Nigeria, they terminated our nasceant democracy, ushered in military rule, abolished regionalism, foisted the unitary system on us and also led us into a bloody civil war
Umu Afonja have arrived to defend their masters with speed of light.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by Deadlytruth(m): 5:38pm On Mar 19, 2016
OJUcrook:
Yes, you are partially correct. The Jos riot was in 1945 but the ibos were not only the victims of the mayhem, all southerners in Jos were. But despite the hostility the northerners have shown the southerners, nnamdi azikiwe, an ibo man still formed a coalition government with the same northerners, just because of his greed and lust for power

That Zik of a man, to me, was suffering from some form of personality defect. He collateralized the lives of his own brothers for his personal and self seeking ambition to become venerated as a 'nationalist' or even a 'continentalist' titled Zik of Africa. A man who heard Ahmadu Bello and Balewa clearly when they both proclaimed their hatred for Igbos but still went ahead to form a coalition with the same persons was surely a psychiatric hospital patient mistaking himself for a nationalist.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by whizcartel(m): 5:58pm On Mar 22, 2017
OJUcrook:

The bloodsucking ibo coupist killed political and military leaders from other regions while sparing theirs. The ibos are guilty of the first coup in Nigeria, they terminated our nasceant democracy, ushered in military rule, abolished regionalism, foisted the unitary system on us and also led us into a bloody civil war
you stupid o! you keep on saying the ibos. is it all the ibos that killed them? or carried out a coup. Who put an end to the coup?
Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by durangokid: 6:53pm On Mar 22, 2017
HungerBAD:
Trouble maker.
That is the facts not issue of troublemaker, especially you who who is a confirmed fulani man, are you talking as if you you don't know, if care is not taking you are one of the perpetrators
Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by durangokid: 6:56pm On Mar 22, 2017
excellencyabia1:
Please what is the essence?
You can call it what you like, that remains the truth, hausa fulani and their supporters will not like like this record
Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by Opakan2: 7:07pm On Mar 22, 2017
you can't blame the Northerners.. they are the ones always at fault most of the time

They dish out what they can't take to others.. it's like the only language they understand cos they find being civil difficult

Hope the Ipob miscreants among them will see this and ditch their silly ideas
Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by Bridget95(f): 8:34pm On Mar 22, 2017
OJUcrook:

Gowon declared and led Nigeria to fight Biafra who wanted to be left alone.
Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by kingzizzy: 9:11pm On Mar 22, 2017
HungerBAD:
Trouble maker.

What do you mean troublemaker? Didnt these things happen?
Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by kingzizzy: 9:15pm On Mar 22, 2017
OJUcrook:

Was that before or after the Jos and Kano massacres?
Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by AfonjaEmir: 12:03pm On Aug 26, 2023
Yoruba...want to amplify Fulani herdsman death..But keep quiet when other people are killed senselessly?

THUNDER... cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by survivor10(m): 2:57pm On Aug 26, 2023
Killings upon Killings!
Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by gidgiddy: 3:22pm On Aug 26, 2023
AfonjaEmir:
Yoruba...want to amplify Fulani herdsman death..But keep quiet when other people are killed senselessly?

THUNDER... cool

They only care about death and destruction if it can be used to play politics

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by AfonjaEmir: 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2023
They are demonic..and generational cowards. cool

gidgiddy:

They only care about death and destruction if it can be used to play politics

1 Like

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by yommen: 4:08pm On Aug 26, 2023
Hausa kill them, Yoruba they hate, very ironical.

4 Likes

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by KGBKremlin: 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2023
teufelein:
History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria

MASSACRE (City/Town and Year)

1. Jos 1945
2. Kano genocide 1953
3. 1966 pogroms- over 60,000 civilians were killed
4. May 29th 1967- over 200,000 civilians were killed.
5. 1967-70 – over 3,100,0000 killed during the bloody civil war (Including the Asaba Genocide).
6. Kano 1980
7. Maiduguri 1982
8. Jimeta 1984
9. Gombe 1985
10.Zaria 1987
11.Kaduna & Kafanchan 1991
12.Bauchi & Katsina 1991
13. Kano 1991
14. Zangon-Kataf 1992
15. Funtua 1993
16. Kano 1994
17. Kaduna 2000
18. Kaduna 2001
19. Maiduguri 2001
20. Jos Maiden Crisis-Setember 2001
21. Kaduna 2002
22.Jos-November 2008
23. Beheading of Gideon Akaluka in December of 1996 in a POLICE STATION in Kano
24. Saint Moritz killed December 2001
25. Post April 2011 Presidential Election: 10 youth-corps men & women and numerous citizens murdered because a Christian Southerner was elected.
26. Jos Christmas Eve 2010
27. Madalla Christmas day 2011
28. Mubi January 6 2012
29. The many Igbo deaths caused by boko haram(which of course has the full backing of the northern elites).

And the list goes on. By the time you read this more would have died. The situation is getting out of hand and the Nigerian government has shown that it lacks the will and the capability to protect the life and property of Igbos in Nigeria.

The killings must stop. If you are Igbo and you are still playing the ostrich, it could be you tomorrow, me, or your loved ones.

http://www.may30.org/history-of-igbo-massacre-across-the-northern-nigeria/

Stop spreading yourself across Nigeria since you mind and heart is different from Nigerians.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by KGBKremlin: 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2023
Thank u very much for dis right up

If igbos were a sovereign Nations dis killings is enough to go 2 war

It is unfortunate we were amalgamated and d killings continues unabated

Enough is enough

Freeeeeeedom

Or

Nothing.

We will never 4get.

Go to war in another man's land for saying they don't want you

2 Likes

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by Raskimonojendor: 4:29pm On Aug 26, 2023
yommen:
Hausa kill them, Yoruba they hate, very ironical.
Don't forget India, South Africa, Thailand, Ghana e.t.c

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by T9ksy(m): 6:57pm On Aug 26, 2023
mightyhazel:
Killings of igbos predated 1966. Igbos have been killed as far back as 1945 by the northerners.don't act as if d misguided coupists started senseless bloodletting in the country.moreover,col. Arthur unaegbe,a senior militaryman of igbo extraction was also killed in the said coup,but u conveniently skipped dat part. Moreso,yoruba officers like major wale ademoyega and col victor banjo were. Also v major players in the so called 'ibo' coup

Can you please, elucidate further on the bolded part, above. What "very major part did Maj. Ademoyega and Col. Banjo " played in the Jan. 1966 coup.

1 Like

Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by gidgiddy: 7:19pm On Aug 26, 2023
KGBKremlin:

Stop spreading yourself across Nigeria since you mind and heart is different from Nigerians.

Which is why Nigeria should grant them independence so they can go their way
Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by DaChosenOne: 7:34pm On Aug 26, 2023
Millions of killings. With no Igbo response? Millions of killing of Middle-belt people? With no Middle-belt people response? Sahelians muslims only face aggressions from Ghanaians.
Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by DaChosenOne: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2023
they already are...poverty, illiteracy, diseases..thats one of the very many ways God punishes them

Lol. Why are you talking about God? When Osama killed millions of Americans on 9/11 did you see them talking about Jesus? Americans tore up Asia and the Middle-East looking for him. Israel will wipe out thousands of Palestianians if they kill one Jew. Israel actually has a smaller population than Igbo people. African men always talking nonsense when the rest of the world is advancing.
Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by Brek: 3:35pm On Nov 19, 2023

Nzeogwu, the January 1966 coup leader was a Niger-deltan from Delta-Igbo. And the other ring members are Kpera (Northerner), Ademoyega (Westerner) and Anuforo (Easterner).

N.B: The essence of this information is mainly to expose the lies of the notorious history distortionists and wicked propagandists who insult and malign others continually with lies and falsehood, and shout and make much noise on every available media. This a tribe that is after all well known for being loose cannons. Uncouth, uncivilised and disrespectful set of people who made a career out of abuse and slurs.
The same treacheerous beings who precipitated the January 1966 coup and the 1967-70 civil war with their bloody 'Operation Wetie ' in the SW. They start trouble and heat up the polity only to run cowardly to hide in their evil Soka forest when the jungle matures.

Disciple of hate and propaganda, here are the members of Yoruba tribe that participated in the January 1966 coup:
(See Ben Gbulie: ‘Nigeria’s Five Majors.’).

*Adewale Ademoyega is the most prominent Yoruba participant in the coup, there were other Yoruba officers who were involved at the dangerous execution stage of the coup. One of them is:

*Second Lieutenant Olafimihan, an officer serving under Madiebo in Kaduna. He was sent by the plotters to gauge his commander’s loyalty. (See Madiebo pp.17-18).

*Another is Lieutenant (some books refer to him as a Captain) Fola Oyewole. He, like Ademoyega, went on to fight for Biafra and wrote a book on his coup and wartime experiences. The book’s title is ‘Reluctant Rebel.’ 

*There is also Captain Ganiyu Adeleke who became an instructor in the Biafran Infantry School. For confirmation, see the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108, and this quote from Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’: ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry was released at a later date after his co-plotters had been freed.’ Omoigui’s work is significant because, though he exhibits a high level of professionalism in his research, he has no sympathy for the January 15 coup. If his facts corroborate Ademoyega’s they are worthy of attention.

The Igbos have always accepted Awolowo as a great leader but his activities during the civil war shocked them. BY THE OBJECTIVE OF THE JANUARY 15 COUP, as quoted by Odia Ofeimun, the poet, the boys believed he was the greatest leader. 

THE LEADERS OF THE COUP, WERE TO MAKE CHIEF AWOLOWO THE PRIME MINISTER OF NIGERIA. These coup leaders didn't go for Azikiwe or Balewa. They wanted Chief Awolowo as quoted by Odia in a 1999 edition of The Guardian. Awolowo was supposed to be released by the Nzeogwu coup, which didn't have its assumed ending; it was aborted half way. It was Nzeogwu's colleague, Major Nzegwu that was supposed to pick him from Calabar prison and release him. So, I'm proving to you that the Igbo literality have always accepted Awo as one of the best and great leaders the country has ever produced but his activities during the war did not only shock them but betrayed the trust they had in.

For personal studies consult the following sources of my posts: 

*http://www.naijastories.com/2013/04/the-facts-and-fiction-of-the-january-15-1966-coup/

*https://www.nairaland.com/334770/famous-aburi-conference-full-minute/3

* Nowa Omoigui’s online account: ‘Mid-Western Invasion of 1967’ - where he mentioned ‘Captain Ganiyu Adeleke, who had taken part in both the January 15 coup and the Mid-Western invasion before becoming an instructor in the Biafran School of Infantry.

* ‘Why We Struck’ - a book by  Adewale Ademoyega, a full blooded Yoruba army officer, who was deeply involved in the planning and execution of the January 1966 coup.

* Max Silloun (the military historian) landmark online article - ‘The inside story of Nigeria’s first military coup Parts 1 and 2

* 'Nigeria’s Five Majors’ - book by Ben Gbulie

* Major General Alexander Madiebo - excerpts from his interview with National Mirror
http://elombah.com/index.php/special-reports/13104-blame-gowon-and-awolowo-for-biafra-genocide-general-madiebo

* ‘Reluctant Rebel’ - a book by Captain Fola Oyewole, who went on to fight for Biafra just like Ademoyega 

* See the list of coup plotters detained by Ironsi’s regime in Ademoyega pp.106-108

* Sanusi Lamido's writings, "Afenifere: Syllabus of Errors" published by This Day (The Sunday Newspaper) on Sept 27, 1998. 

* Sanusi Lamido's writings/publication in the weekly Trust entitled " The Igbo, the Yoruba and History" (Aug. 21, 1998)

* Sanusi Lamido's paper presented at the “National Conference On The 1999 Constitution” Jointly Organised By The Network For Justice And The Vision Trust Foundation, At The Arewa House, Kaduna From 11th –12th September, 1999.

http://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/yorubas-are-the-problem-with-nigeria-by-sanusi-lamido-sanusi-elombah-com.111348/

Get the books and published papers and acquire some useful knowledge that can help you make informed decisions, and unravel the lies and propaganda being peddled in the public domain by the criminal 'sophisticated' tribe, even in this age of information technology.

I Regret Fighting The Civil War -Akinrinade by mekusxxx:7:58pm On Nov 11, 2009

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/nov/12/318.html

Idc if this is 2017 but see finishing! Just provided your sources and left like a man
Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by Brek: 3:42pm On Nov 19, 2023
Opakan2:
you can't blame the Northerners.. they are the ones always at fault most of the time

They dish out what they can't take to others.. it's like the only language they understand cos they find being civil difficult

Hope the Ipob miscreants among them will see this and ditch their silly ideas
Another is Lieutenant (some books refer to him as a Captain) Fola Oyewole. He, like Ademoyega, went on to fight for Biafra and wrote a book on his coup and wartime experiences. The book’s title is ‘Reluctant Rebel.Adewale Ademoyega is the most prominent Yoruba participant in the coup, there were other Yoruba officers who were involved at the dangerous execution stage of the coup. One of them is:There is also Captain Ganiyu Adeleke who became an instructor in the Biafran Infantry School.Second Lieutenant Olafimihan, an officer serving under Madiebo in Kaduna. He was sent by the plotters to gauge his commander’s loyalty. (See Madiebo pp.17-18).
Re: History Of IGBO Massacre Across The Northern Nigeria by Corn247: 3:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
Mental derailed folks, hausa killed them and they are blaming yoruba for it and calling yoruba cowards.
How does that even make sense??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plot To Oust Odigie-oyegun Thickens As ‘forces’ Want Him Named Ambassador / 2019: Segun Osoba Doubts Apc’s Victory In Presidential Election / Anambra Explosion: President Buhari Reacts, Sympathises With Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.