Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:00 AM

Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun (2883 Views)

Plot To Oust Odigie-oyegun Thickens As ‘forces’ Want Him Named Ambassador / APC Never Knew Things Were This Bad-john Odigie Oyegun / Confusion In Kogi APC As Faleke Insists He’s Governor-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by hassan85(m): 7:36pm On Dec 09, 2015
Chairman of All Progressives Congress
(APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, says
James Faleke will be replaced as deputy
governor-elect should the need arise.
Odigie-Oyegun said this in Abuja on
Wednesday in an interaction with
newsmen.
Faleke, who was running mate to late
Abubakar Audu in the Nov. 21
gubernatorial elections in Kogi, rejected
the same position after the party replaced
Audu with Alhaji Yayaha Bello, who was
runner-up in the party’s primaries.
Faleke demanded that the Independent
National Electoral Commission (INEC)
should declare him governor-elect, and
chose Audu’s son, Mohammed, as his
running mate. He threatened to court of
INEC failed to do so, and had since gone
to court.
Odigie-Oyegun said: “On the Faleke issue,
it is rather a straightforward and easy
issue; we have replaced a governorship
candidate.
“If the need arises and subject to what
the law says, we will also get a deputy
governorship candidate but we will cross
those bridges as they arise but they have
not arisen yet.’’
On Falake’s statement not to be available
for swearing-in on Jan. 27, 2016, he said,
“as a political party, we simply
understand the frustration that emanated
from the death of Abubakar Audu.
“However, it is normal for us to
accommodate the immediate reactions
coming from the people involved.
“They were at the gate of victory but the
gate was shut in their faces because of
the unfortunate death of their mentor,
Abubakar Audu, who would have been our
governor in the state.
“So, a lot of things which normally we
would not have accepted happened but
we have to accept them so long that
everybody will simmer down as time pass
by.
“Wielding the big stick in a situation like
this might not be appropriate but there
will be a timeline to it, enough will be
enough at a certain time.’’
According to the chairman, issues in the
state have been resolved in favour of the
APC even as the entire polity had to be
original to finding solutions to problems
which were not detailed in the
Constitution.
“In the next few weeks depending on who
goes to court or who doesn’t, we will
know the boundaries of the law in respect
of these issues.
“As at now we are very glad with the
results that we have got and I’m very
sure that they would be upheld virtually in
every tribunal whatsoever, because we
have adopted simple commonsense
solution, legally defendable,’’ he said.
He said that the party was not disturbed
by the cases in court on the Kogi
situation, stating that it was still evolving.
‘’We cross every bridge as we get to it;
we’ll wait and see who does what and
work out answers that meet each
situation
“We have thought the process through
and we have won the election in Kogi;
those we feel aggrieved, it is for them to
call to question whatever they feel
aggrieved about and we are going to meet
them on those grounds.
“For us in APC, Kogi is a settled issue; if
you want to go to the tribunal, we’ll meet
you there. If you want to go to court,
we’ll meet you there,’’ he said.
Odigie-Oyegun said that the party’s
stance on the controversial Bill for an Act
to Prohibit Frivolous Petitions and Other
Matters known as the anti-social media
bill was known.
He said that the social media space
needed clean up as the use of outright
abuses and insults instead of constructive
criticisms was wrong.
On subsidy, he said: “ whether subsidy
goes or stays is an intricate and major
issue.
‘’If it has to go, the government must
have to construct the palliatives to
cushion the effect of the hardships that
may come on the ordinary Nigerian.
“Anyway, eventually, subsidy will have to
go but we have not reached that stage
yet.
‘’You cannot just wake up and announce
that subsidy has been removed without
putting the adequate programmes in place
to cushion the negative aspects that may
be involved.’’
The chairman told the newsmen that
minimum wage was a delicate issue
because there were a lot of forces at
work.
“The economy was run aground so badly
that they have to borrow to pay salaries
and this was not the creation of APC.
“Today all governments are borrowing to
pay salaries and that cannot be
sustained. What the solution is on the
longer term, the machinery of governance
is still working on.
“There is no method that is adopted that
will not create stresses on any system
but at the end of the day, we will find an
answer,’’ he said.
On Bayelsa election outcome, Odigie-
Oyegun said that the party was not
satisfied but said that since INEC had
made a pronouncement on it, the option
the party had was to accept it or go to
court.
‘’We are waiting for the processes to be
concluded, but I must say we have a lot
of reservations about what has gone on
up till the present moment.
“If we win as we expect to win, the kind
of reactions that we’ll take will be
different,’’ he said. (NAN)

lalasticlala

leadership.ng/news/482058/kogi-apc-will-replace-faleke-need-odigie-oyegun

Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by jojomario(m): 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2015
I think Faleke has weighed his options well for him to hold on to his Honorable post as a member of the green carpet. Taking the option of the deputy governor will be a risk to his political ambition.
We have had series of deputy governors being sidelined by their boss based on the ill relationship and with the tussle that went on between Faleke team and Bello, it is tantamount to Faleke being useless as a deputy governor.

3 Likes

Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by hassan85(m): 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2015
Nigerian constitution needs a review seriously. Falake has nothing to loose Sha. In d other news Yahaya Bello sees not to be giving a damn. Already collected his certificate
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by Nobody: 7:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
Incompetent chairman..Always condoning anti-party activities..A chairman without balls... "Nansense"

3 Likes

Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by Nobody: 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2015
Great decision
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by docadams: 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2015
Hmmmmmmm

Call it sentiment I prefer Faleke.

That aside, APC penchant for meticulous approach to thorny legal issues is legendary. They hardly thread on a floor ladden with banana peels.

However, if need be, steps are taken assuredly but never to go backward.

But if na PDP... Hmmmmmm
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by Fanirandele: 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2015
hassan85:
Nigerian constitution needs a review seriously. Falake has nothing to loose Sha. In d other news Yahaya Bello sees not to be giving a damn. Already collected his certificate

collecting certificate is easy, staying on that set is another matter. PDP can easily get this election cancelled, too many irregularities

1 Like

Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by tomakint: 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2015
Definitely Tinubu will not find this funny!
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by tunwumi: 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2015
After the reggae play the blues
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by hassan85(m): 7:52pm On Dec 09, 2015
Fanirandele:

collecting certificate is easy, staying on that set is another matter. PDP can easily get this election cancelled, too many irregularities
Legally and Logically Impossible
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by Chanchit: 7:53pm On Dec 09, 2015
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by excellentmomma(f): 7:55pm On Dec 09, 2015
This oyegun is intelligent.

Faleke had better calmed down and not fight his party, secretly ask for some form of palliatives to cover his campaign expenses since they won and help Yahaya Bello succeed. Let him not push his luck too far, whoever is inciting him can deny him in the middle of the ocean.

Be wise Faleke!

1 Like

Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by seunmsg(m): 7:59pm On Dec 09, 2015
tomakint:

What is Tinubu's business in this?

1 Like

Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by babyfaceafrica: 8:02pm On Dec 09, 2015
jojomario:
I think Faleke has weighed his options well for him to hold on to his Honorable post as a member of the green carpet. Taking the option of the deputy governor will be a risk to his political ambition.
We have had series of deputy governors being sidelined by their boss based on the ill relationship and with the tussle that went on between Faleke team and Bello, it is tantamount to Faleke being useless as a deputy governor.
I agree...he does not want to b a bench warmer deputy

3 Likes

Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by babyfaceafrica: 8:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
excellentmomma:

Faleke had better calmed down and not fight his party, secretly ask for some form of palliatives to cover his campaign expenses since they won and help Yahaya Bello succeed. Let him not push his luck too far, whoever is inciting him can deny him in the middle of the ocean.

Be wise Faleke!
guy faleke aint loosing nothing....HOR anyday is better than armchair deputy...

1 Like

Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by babyfaceafrica: 8:08pm On Dec 09, 2015
olatunji21:
Incompetent chairman..Always condoning anti-party activities..A chairman without balls... "Nansense"
I tnd to agre with you..but cut him some slack...imagine yahaya bellow with his anti-party activities is still allowed..I guess they we're arm twisted by inec electoral act...he also didn't handly saraki and dongara issues well...my advise to faleke....go to court and if you lose remain an honourable member

1 Like

Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by excellentmomma(f): 8:14pm On Dec 09, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
guy faleke aint loosing nothing....HOR anyday is better than armchair deputy...

He will loose the favour of his party if he doesn't withdraw the court case. See him, he wants to gain everything. Why not quietly reject being deputy and honorably go back to the HOR. Let him not loose both out of greed.
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by seunmsg(m): 8:18pm On Dec 09, 2015
excellentmomma:

Be wise Faleke!

Faleke has nothing to lose. He already made it very clear that he won't serve as Bello's deputy so, Oyegun's threat of replacing him is unnecessary. His seat in the HOR is intact and he has a very good case in court. So, I can't see any middle of the ocean here. All I see is a win win situation for him.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by excellentmomma(f): 8:22pm On Dec 09, 2015
seunmsg:

Faleke has nothing to lose. He already made it very clear that he won't serve as Bello's deputy so, Oyegun's threat of replacing him is unnecessary. His seat in the HOR is intact and he has a very good case in court. So, I can't see any middle of the ocean here. All I see is a win win situation for him.

OK let him continue fighting naa, lolzz. It's allowed.
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 09, 2015
When they have used him to win Election.Why did they insist he was the deputy even when he made it clear he wasn't part of the electionSilly people.
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by StOla: 8:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
I'm beginning to like this Faleke of a guy.

He has realised that if the party could not do anything to Saraki or Dogora, then he has a right to fight for his own ambitions too without regard to a party that does not know how to uphold party supremacy.

It would be an insult to work under a man who worked against the campaign of his late boss as being alleged by almost everybody. This is an ideological stance and I love him for that.

If the party stood for shit in the eye of Yahaya Bello who worked for Wada of PDP after the late Audu beat him at the primaries, then it is the solemn duty of Faleke to ensure that Yahaya will never reap where he did not sow. This is the path of honour.

Even if he loses his judicial bid to become governor, he will not become the lapdog of a governor who he cannot respect and who in turn can never truly trust him.

Let Faleke continue his quest for justice without regard to the party APC. If Saraki, Dogora, and even Yahaya Bello can disregard the party for their own gain, then Faleke must not be the fool.

Let the courts decide who is governor.

2 Likes

Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by babyfaceafrica: 9:02pm On Dec 09, 2015
excellentmomma:

He will loose the favour of his party if he doesn't withdraw the court case. See him, he wants to gain everything. Why not quietly reject being deputy and honorably go back to the HOR. Let him not loose both out of greed.
he can't lose both...at least tinubu is supporting him....if tinubu is not supporting him,he won't be this confident.if he loses at the court ,he keeps HOR seat

1 Like

Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by Fanirandele: 9:04pm On Dec 09, 2015
seunmsg:

Gbam, Faleke has nothing to lose, by rewarding Bello who did anti-party activities after he lost the primaries , APC has shown that it does not deserve Faleke's loyalty. This sham election will be cancelled at the tribunal
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by StOla: 9:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
olatunji21:

Indeed!

It would seem Oyegun is a clueless party chairman without the balls to confront the anti-party ambitions of his party men.

Saraki and Dogora did it without remorse, Yahaya Bello supported Wada of PDP and is now gifted with the ticket (though he was the runner up and the default 2nd choice) of the same party he opposed at the elections. Faleke has picked up the habit too having learnt that this party cannot instil discipline, and believing he has a chance to be his own boss too.

1 Like

Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by gebest: 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2015
GBAM
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by excellentmomma(f): 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
he can't lose both...at least tinubu is supporting him....if tinubu is not supporting him,he won't be this confident.if he loses at the court ,he keeps HOR seat

OK na, Tinubu is God right? Rem Audu
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by babyfaceafrica: 9:19pm On Dec 09, 2015
excellentmomma:

OK na, Tinubu is God right? Rem Audu
nobody said so...but h is an APC leader ,and if h is backing faleke ,its gud....I don't hav anything against bello,but you won't begrudge faleke from going to court,...no b today dm dy go against party naw...remember saraki and dogara
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by forgiveness: 9:32pm On Dec 09, 2015
Hmm! He is pretending as if there is no problem in the party.

I see CPC and PDP trying to cut down ACN strength in the party.

I can see all is not well with the ACN caucus

I can finally say APC is falling down, falling down, falling down, APC is falling down my dear changeeee.
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by kcmichael: 9:48pm On Dec 09, 2015
Faleke will Loose because as at the time audu died the result was inconclusive and also he didn't do the APC primaries,so he got no case here.if APC latr choose him PDP woyld have won in court.
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by Aromas: 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2015
tomakint:
Bros Baba don agree taytay
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by kcmichael: 9:51pm On Dec 09, 2015
forgiveness:
Hmm! He is pretending as if there is no problem in the party. I see CPC and PDP trying to cut down ACN strength in the party.

I can see all is not well with the ACN cacus

I can finally say APC is falling down, falling down, falling down, APC is falling down my dear changeeee.

Wailing wailer,keep lamenting,APC will rule nigeria till 2050
Re: Kogi: APC Will Replace Faleke If Need Be – Odigie- Oyegun by Okanokan(m): 10:09pm On Dec 09, 2015
Its not as straightforward as Chief Oyegun thinks, the issue is clear and in the public domain that that the man declared as Governor Elect did not satisfy the constitutional requirement for him to be declared a Governor. Instead allowing Faleke to be, they went on a dangerous political excursion and the repercussions awaits them. All Oyegun is doing is normal political grandstanding.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Remember “america Will Know”?, Kerry Said It To Buhari Over $bn Loot Claims / Why Biafra Matters –nnaemeka Oruh / Fulani Woman Found With Two Voters Cards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.