Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,049 members, 7,849,241 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:01 PM

Nigerians And Big Grammar? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians And Big Grammar? (13826 Views)

Honorable Patrick Obahiagbon Mourns Ex ASUU President With Big Grammar / Patrick Obahiagbon Finally Tells Why He Always Speaks ‘big Grammar’ / Why I Speak Big Grammar - Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by FBS: 8:43am On Jun 04, 2009
That video is still cracking me up. kai! grammarification of the nation. grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by origina9ja(f): 12:09pm On Jun 04, 2009
losers
begging to speak there shit
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by SUKKIE(m): 5:25pm On Jun 04, 2009
What was the guy in the video chatting?What a pile of garbage!The words slf no collocate,good comic relief thou.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by C2H5OH(f): 6:17pm On Jun 04, 2009
The gratuitous predilection of some members to utilize grandiloquent aphorisms as the exclusive means of dissipating their scholarly mehu-mehu, being unmindful of the wanton discombobulation such actions evokes on the diminutive comprehensive capabilities of an illiterate suya seller like me and possibly our OP, is rather unbecoming of them.

LMAOOOOOOO grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jun 04, 2009
they result to big grammar when they are looking for money to steal !
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by donjon: 7:44am On Jun 05, 2009
E no EZ to read all dat grammer, my ice dey pain me! *logging off*
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by onila(f): 5:25am On Aug 14, 2009
LOL I have been on nairaland for just two days and I have almost gone mad
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by MandingoII(m): 5:51am On Aug 14, 2009
What is this all about? They  just want to show they  have completed their masters or PHD or feel superior or special. Its not all about using supersized words its all about communicating with your audience

just look at this post from: grafikdon

Perhaps you have been deeply immersed in the putrid quagmire of ethnic antagonism that you brand everyone with a divergent view an ethnic bigot

dede1

A nincompoop of your caliber can not draw me out of my academic shell to announce my area of academic discipline to the whole world through medium known as Internet. I have worked with and taught individuals from four continents for considerable amount of years in USA.
It amazes me the extent the blind dislike for group of people drives certain individual to the apogee of defamatory idiosyncrasy.
If I am your interviewer and asked you to write about yourself on impromptu, and the so-called scholar in you submitted paragraphs like you have been sketched them on this forum, you will be hauled to jail by the security personals.

Jakumo
More significantly, teeming hordes of Nigerian worshippers would be free get up off their knees where they had been immobilized in prayer like so many wildebeest, so as to re-engage their cognitive functions and get on with the many responsibilities and challenges of real life, rather than waiting in vain for the nirvana offered at great monetary cost in the afterlife by those rapacious "Men of Dog", who themselves know of no other occupation that stealing from the poor to finance their own lives of lavish consumption.

Usually these are insignificant little people so insecure with who they are they plagiarize to set themselves apart.

unoriginal in their soul, therefore they choose stolen language .ON A WHACK ASS MESSAGE BOARD?

Maybe they were taught that to be themselves was inferior.  So they come here and "Play" superior.

[size=14pt]LOL!!!![/size]

too wit:
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Diva1(f): 6:06am On Aug 14, 2009
Hehehehe! cheesy This is funny.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by SEFAGO(m): 6:33am On Aug 14, 2009
I remember coming to the US, and writing my essays with big grammar. My professors gave me bad grades continuously, as well as criticized my word choice. Now, I write with very limited and simple grammar making sure it elucidates my point. And thats when my grades started going up- Lesson learnt Americans are not like the British its how you say it and not what you say
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by IGWEUSA(m): 11:42am On Aug 14, 2009
SEFAGO:

I remembering coming to the US, and writing my essays with big grammar. My professors gave me bad grade , criticizing word choice. Now, I write with very limited and simple grammar making sure it elucidates my point. And thats when my grades started going up- Lesson learnt Americans are not like the British its how you say it and not what you say
True talk.
Most of Nigerian students had such experience in American universities.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by sjeezy8: 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2009
Americans are simple and straight to the point i like that

There are fools on NL that make up words too lol and TRY to seem intelligent

gbo gbo clowns LOL
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Kobojunkie: 2:45pm On Aug 14, 2009
SEFAGO:

I remembering coming to the US, and writing my essays with big grammar. My professors gave me bad grate sotay, criticizing word choice. Now, I write with very limited and simple grammar making sure it elucidates my point. And thats when my grades started going up- Lesson learnt Americans are not like the British its how you say it and not what you say

I had a similar experience with my own instructor. Matter of fact, I had to retake that class cause I found it hard to let go of that Nigerian EGO to accept his advice till it was too late.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by onila(f): 4:36pm On Aug 14, 2009
:d
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by MandingoII(m): 4:52pm On Aug 14, 2009
I remembering coming to the US, and writing my essays with big grammar. My professors gave me bad grate sotay, criticizing word choice. Now, I write with very limited and simple grammar making sure it elucidates my point. And thats when my grades started going up- Lesson learnt Americans are not like the British its how you say it and not what you say

American University and College (TENURED) Professors wants easy writing. Straight to the point with correct grammar and clear sentences.

When students start writing prose and bullshit eloquence, they shun the student. Why?

BECAUSE THEY ARE LAZY!!!!

Professors in America want quick easy reading.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by inme: 5:13pm On Aug 14, 2009
Alll of those grammas are correct except big stouting n pepersoupin n saying
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by naliakar: 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2009
Blame it all on Wole Soyinka and Christopher Okigbo. They started the tradition that saw most Nigerians privileging pomposity over the desired simplicity of communication.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by whiteroses(f): 8:51pm On Aug 14, 2009
naliakar:

Blame it all on Wole Soyinka and Christopher Okigbo. They started the tradition that saw most Nigerians privileging pomposity over the desired simplicity of communication.

ahem excuse me sir, do not blame those distinguished gentle nomenclature, we nairalanders must inadvertently participate in monstrous ways of consolidating this site and not participate in any juvenille rascality grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by onila(f): 9:48pm On Aug 14, 2009
whiteroses:

ahem excuse me sir, do not blame those distinguished gentle nomenclature, we nairalanders must inadvertently participate in monstrous ways of consolidating this site and not participate in any juvenille rascality grin grin

grin ona no go kill me
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by freed(m): 1:53am On Aug 15, 2009
I'm glad am not only that has noticed this waya. .
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by naliakar: 5:17pm On Aug 15, 2009
whiteroses:

Yes “gentlemen” and their legend transcend “nomenclature” and yet you bestow upon them, a sense of cerebrally vacuous “inadvertent” and “monstrous” acknowledgement. The trajectory of any nairaland consolidation predicated on such attributions inevitably yields a kind of countercharge- a recrimination that reveals an irredeemable presumption of super heroism. For you as the self chosen interlocutor for Nairalanders, even that presumption is unattainable. Dont be such a jerky upstart.
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Jarus(m): 8:37pm On Aug 15, 2009
eeeeeeebbbbboooooo
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by whiteroses(f): 9:20pm On Aug 15, 2009
naliakar:

Yes “gentlemen” and their legend transcend “nomenclature” and yet you bestow upon them, a sense of cerebrally vacuous “inadvertent” and “monstrous” acknowledgement. The trajectory of any nairaland consolidation predicated on such attributions inevitably yields a kind of countercharge- a recrimination that reveals an irredeemable presumption of super heroism. For you as the self chosen interlocutor for Nairalanders, even that presumption is unattainable.  Dont be such a jerky upstart.
chineke mei i give up o grin grin grin
all this reminds me of a movie i saw two brothers moving to lagos and have a village headmaster friend that enjoys speaking phonetics a lot lol
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by amosexy: 9:23pm On Aug 15, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by ocelot2006(m): 11:59pm On Aug 16, 2009
The funny thing's that over here in the west (UK), they try to keep it simple when communicating either verbally or via text. Big grammars are left for academic journals and books. But Nigeria,
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by MrCrackles(m): 12:02am On Aug 17, 2009
naliakar:

Yes “gentlemen” and their legend transcend “nomenclature” and yet you bestow upon them, a sense of cerebrally vacuous “inadvertent” and “monstrous” acknowledgement. The trajectory of any nairaland consolidation predicated on such attributions inevitably yields a kind of countercharge- a recrimination that reveals an irredeemable presumption of super heroism. For you as the self chosen interlocutor for Nairalanders, even that presumption is unattainable. Dont be such a jerky upstart.

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by TOYOSI20(f): 12:05am On Aug 17, 2009
naliakar:

Gbam!! lipsrsealed cheesy lipsrsealed cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Batubo(m): 1:02am On Nov 13, 2009
lwkmd
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by NegroNtns(m): 1:35am On Nov 13, 2009
lmfao!!

I have some response but for some reason it is stuck in my throat. cheesy I will let it stay there. . .enough is said already that I dont need to add more. cheesy
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by naliakar: 3:42am On Nov 13, 2009
so bumbling buffoonery is a prerequisite to house membership. How else was this guy elected to represent humans who speak and understands one another?
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by Smi1(m): 1:02am On Feb 09, 2010
LOOOOOOOOL, I TIRE FOR THIS MAN HEIN cheesy grin wink smiley
Re: Nigerians And Big Grammar? by mamagee3(f): 2:20am On Feb 09, 2010
This poster if you want to learn how to speak big grammar
tell me and I can refer you to my English teacher.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Afrocentric Scholar Chinweizu Dishes Some Hard Truths About Nigeria And Africa / Ize-Iyamu Campaigns For Jude Imagwe (Photos) / 247 Fulani Women To Get N20,000 Grants From Federal Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.