Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,236 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? (13936 Views)

How Long Does Recruitment Process Take. / NSE Recruitment Job Portal Launched Ahead Of Transparent Recruitment Process / Police Recruitment: Arase Gives Insight On Recruitment Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by manny4u(m): 9:33am On Dec 10, 2015
Being unemployed is one of the difficult realities in Nigeria, but when calls for interviews and aptitude test eventually comes the process and the wait is usually even more challenging and frustrating. Some can take as long as 2 years and the minimum I have seen so far is 6months. Why are organisations taking so long to conclude there recruitment process without even giving some mood of explanation to the applicants?

3 Likes

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by ambassadorgozie(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2015
D tin tire me, e no even concern dem

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by Cholls(m): 9:41am On Dec 10, 2015
My brother short and simple they don't like to spend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by Dahveydson(m): 9:43am On Dec 10, 2015
The amount of applicants is a huge factor. Organisations want to be sure they get the right person for the job.

Though it's stressful for us the jobseekers, but it's a price we have to pay for the kind of system we are in.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by steady986(m): 9:49am On Dec 10, 2015
Because a lot of shenanigans and sorting is going on in the background that you and I don't know of. Especially in govt institutions, the kingpins would always want their candidates to be favoured first, while some dubious staff go as far as collecting bribe from candidates. There's a whole lot of dirty stuff going on behind the scenes. The chances of a candidate getting employment on merit in this country is 5%, while for those who know people or who have given some form of bribe, is as high as 85%. The country's in a huge mess my friend.

16 Likes

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by XtraSmooth404: 9:52am On Dec 10, 2015
steady986:
Because a lot of shenanigans and sorting is going on in the background that you and I don't know of. Especially in govt institutions, the kingpins would always want their candidates to be favoured first, while some dubious staff go as far as collecting bribe from candidates. There's a whole lot of dirty stuff going on behind the scenes. The chances of a candidate getting employment on merit in this country is 5%, while for those who know people or who have given some form of bribe, is as high as 85%. The country's in a huge mess my friend.
That's not quite true.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by ambassadorgozie(m): 9:54am On Dec 10, 2015
XtraSmooth404:
That's not quite true.
Its true!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by XtraSmooth404: 9:56am On Dec 10, 2015
Well...it actually depends on the company concerned. The fast recruitments are usually teaching jobs and some other low paying ones.
The key thing is to spread your tentacles while hunting and never put all your eggs in one basket. When the time comes, you'll be sitting on the throne selecting the jobs to go for.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by XtraSmooth404: 9:58am On Dec 10, 2015
ambassadorgozie:

Its true!
My circle of friends in great companies got their jobs on merit. Dunno where you guys got that statistics from.

11 Likes

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by steady986(m): 10:01am On Dec 10, 2015
XtraSmooth404:

My circle of friends in great companies got their jobs on merit. Dunno where you guys got that statistics from.
That's why I said govt institutions.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by steady986(m): 10:02am On Dec 10, 2015
XtraSmooth404:

That's why I said govt institutions. The private ones would always want the best to be employed.
Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by XtraSmooth404: 10:04am On Dec 10, 2015
steady986:

That's why I said govt institutions. The private ones would always want the best to be employed.
Oh...okay. I concur.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by Demmocrats(m): 10:54am On Dec 10, 2015
manny4u:
Being unemployed is one of the difficult realities in Nigeria, but when calls for interviews and aptitude test eventually comes the process and the wait is usually even more challenging and frustrating. Some can take as long as 2 years and the minimum I have seen so far is 6months. Why are organisations taking so long to conclude there recruitment process without even giving some mood of explanation to the applicants?

Number of applicants are enormous.
Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by younginfopreneur: 10:54am On Dec 10, 2015
Because there is limited vacant oppurtunities for the applicant. I don't want to look for Job i want to be self employed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:55am On Dec 10, 2015
BECAUSE THIS COUNTRY IS FVCKED UP !.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by calliope(f): 10:55am On Dec 10, 2015
@op
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by SmithEnemona(m): 10:55am On Dec 10, 2015
the thing sef tire my igbejeyanana
Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by NOBODYY: 10:55am On Dec 10, 2015
Sad reality of life
This is NigeriaNigeria cry
Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 10, 2015
Simply because somebody somewhere is really confused angry
Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by 20bc(m): 10:56am On Dec 10, 2015
I don't know, some will even put a sign "urgently needed" still yet they won't recurit.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by richidinho(m): 10:57am On Dec 10, 2015
grin
Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by ukipet1: 10:57am On Dec 10, 2015
do u have OND in Accounting or Banking and finance?do u stay around surulere? send your cv to faithmatthew656@yahoo.com or call 08095986911
Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by miqos02(m): 10:57am On Dec 10, 2015
ok
Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by free2ryhme: 10:57am On Dec 10, 2015
Becos unforseen hands behind the scene also have candidates that must be recruited for the job

1 Like

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by Pidggin(f): 10:58am On Dec 10, 2015
Because we are still using analog system grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by emmanuel596(m): 10:58am On Dec 10, 2015
Cos it's a scam
Cos everything in nigeria has to do with man know man..
Cos there's no real justice and serenity in this place called nigerian.........
And because senators and all other high ranking people have candidates so the manipulation process will waste time and make those who applied and are qualify to lose hope after much waiting
Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by rattlesnake(m): 10:58am On Dec 10, 2015
your CV is usually proceeded from syria
then taken to zanzibar for authentication
after wards it goes to iceland whereer they will contact you when the iseberg melts undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by bextie: 11:00am On Dec 10, 2015
Honestly, it is well. When your time comes no one can stop you.

1 Like

Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by Akinz0126(m): 11:02am On Dec 10, 2015
Hmmmm true talk.

Get rich or die trying Please visit this link below and make fast money Its real tested and trusted
http://GetPaidPerVisit.com/index.php?ref=1388
Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by dammytosh: 11:02am On Dec 10, 2015
manny4u:

nice point. All this staff of HR need to sit up.
Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by ksstroud: 11:03am On Dec 10, 2015
manny4u:

The exact reason the country is called Nigeria....everything is on a long thing...'NO Time Bound' and Seriousness
Re: Why Does Recruitment Process In Nigeria Take So Long? by menix(m): 11:04am On Dec 10, 2015
How come people re not seeing the Hand writing on the wall..

Any company that exceeds 3 month is an Uwa Mmebi company..

Pls don't even talk about the govt jobs cous that one nah till infinity nd beyond..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help Confirm This Interview Invitation / I Got A Job Through Nairaland / Verification Officer Recruitment At Cardinalstone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.