Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists (669234 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better / Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (157) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Davo93(m): 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
This move by Mr Seun is uncalled for and not fair. I personally do not believe in the current agitation for the secession of Biafra, however, I strongly believe Nairaland should be an open platform where we should be free to analyse our issues and therefore weigh arguements on the superiority of logic and common sense.

@OP, You have just stylishly activated your own anti-social media bill in your own capacity. I leave this to the test of time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
Obiwiz:

You're a funny man.
Here's some some wisdom: stay neutral to such things at least for now . Nairaland is a public forum and not a towns meeting for Bleep's sake!
If you wanna meddle into such sensitive issues as owner of nairaland, start by discussing the grievance(s) of the people pining for secession. because ur position as owner of such a forum makes you some sort of umpire, and when u begin to tilt in one direction, ur position loses relevance.
Adopt a balanced approach or stay the Bleep away from such issues.

Wrong wrong wrong!!!

NAIRALAND will lose if Biafra is achieved as traffic will slow down. He has a duty to maintain the territorial integrity of Nigeria and keep his business flourished... The only way to achieve this is discourage Biafra
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
Freemanan:

Speech that threatens National security iS not to be handled with care. You of all should know this. Go and make research on how Obama handled Texas when they wanted secession...

Any speech that threatens the unity and continuation of Nigeria as one indivisible entity should be shut down....
I'm just trying to be on the neutral ground here. don't want to pick a side at all. sad
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by harsysky(m): 3:05pm On Dec 10, 2015
Obiwiz:

You're a funny man.
Here's some some wisdom: stay neutral to such things at least for now . Nairaland is a public forum and not a towns meeting for Bleep's sake!
If you wanna meddle into such sensitive issues as owner of nairaland, start by discussing the grievance(s) of the people pining for secession. because ur position as owner of such a forum makes you some sort of umpire, and when u begin to tilt in one direction, ur position loses relevance.
Adopt a balanced approach or stay the Bleep away from such issues.

God bless you!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by menix(m): 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
Freemanan:

Who be this again?

Ur nightmare..

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
Biafraland Loading.....
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by steppin: 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

We have updated rule 9 of Nairaland to reflect this decision. It now says

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,
Seun (Founder Of Nairaland).
Your sorry ass is so afraid of the possibility of Biafra nation being a reality, that's why you posted this crap.
It's one thing to censor words in your site and another thing to stop people from expressing their rights.
Jonathan was insulted, made fun of, with your forum and you turned a blind eye because it concerns the Yoruba and their masters.
Now when it concerns Igbos, you show your cowardice and threaten to ban them for expressing their freedom, even though your silly government came to say it's their right to protest.
Don't worry, when your site is hacked mercilessly and it's down for week, you'll change this silly statement.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by zimoni(f): 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
NOBODYY:
Good move seun!
Mynd44 i'll personally report all bifrans threads to you! angry
Chaiiii see as e dey pain igbos wella like say dem dey beat dem. i thought you guys once opened a biafrat forum?? go there na.. this is "Nairaland" not "biafran-pound land"
bïafra has been sensored to Nigeria on Nairaland hahahahahaahahahahahahaha
Hahahahha e pain dem

I dey tell you. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

They have been opening various Biafra threads for months, now they are complaining.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Dahveydson(m): 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
This is so wrong.

So many things on my mind to say, but i'll let it slide.

This is the reason Nigeria is where it is today, instead of listening to the grievances of people, They try as much as possible to stifle it.

It is well. It is indeed your forum. do to it as you please.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by PrinceNwokeji: 3:06pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun be careful, we are free to discuss any issue here, your blog site is not the only site here in Nigeria, except you have joined politics. Biafra has come to stay!
Don't forget that #viviangist is booming...

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by moshino(m): 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

We have updated rule 9 of Nairaland to reflect this decision. It now says:

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,
Seun (Founder Of Nairaland).

"A man that wants to separate a fight, should try and stop the words and actions that brings about a fight". You acted to ban agitation for BIAFRA, but you've not taken action to stop all the incendiary tribal comments that trails almost all threads on this forum. Perhaps you should read what Prof. Wole Soyinka said about the current agitation for Biafra. http://odili.net/news/source/2015/dec/9/513.html, http://odili.net/news/source/2015/dec/9/329.html

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by missKiffy(f): 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
I support Seun on this decision cool

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by BoleynDynaSTY(f): 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
Your even laughing?
Adesiji77:
cheesy lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
I'm just trying to be on the neutral ground here. don't want to pick a side at all. sad

We must be realistic... There are only two sides here... And we are already part of a side...
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by BizBayo: 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
menix:
Seun what happens to those who open Biafran thread to insult the Igbo's

Most ban happen when u attack someone who smears the image of Igbo's who support biafra..

If speaking in favor of Biafra attracts a ban nd those attacking the tribe behind biafra goes scot free, broz, Oga seun it's not fair..

Why not ban anyone who opens a topic on biafra that is not on the news.

Thou I will still say with all due respect, that ur Mod is partisan...

I believe anyone that insults the igbos should be banned and the same as otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Meriekriss: 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2015
Very funny from you Seun. Just one question....

Let's assume Biafrans eventually get that freedom, will you readjust this rule no 9 again??

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by 9jatatafo(m): 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
I am saddened by Seun's statement here. I it today the agitation of Biafra started? The Yorubas are free to discuss Odua and the Hausas Arewa. So what stops the Ibos from doing theirs after all UN is aware of this.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Izumarock70(m): 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
It is not right to promote anti free speech. As i knw evry Biafran has d right to agitate for freedom.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by cirmuell(m): 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
7. Don't say, do, or THREATEN to do anything that's detrimental to the security, success, or reputation of Nairaland.
8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.
9. Don't use Nairaland for illegal acts, e.g scams, plagiarism, hacking, gay meetings, incitement, promoting Biafra.
10. Don't violate the privacy of any person e.g. by posting personal details/conversations without permission.

Just like that, that shìt done stick. grin
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by silibaba: 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
PresVA:
Thought you said people are solely responsible for whatever they post? undecided

Meanyl, enough posts will be hidden today grin grin
speaking from both sides of his mouth
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.

Seun has just made the biafra agitation more pronounced.

Yorubas are genetically cowards.

5 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by shegz1(m): 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
Seun, I don't support you on these. There should be freedom of speech.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by doublewisdom: 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
Igbo people make una leave nairaland. Make Seun regret the day he banned free speech on his forum! Seun is a typical Yoruba man,he hates Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by doziefrancis(m): 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
A very cruel decision..... Let me ask are we praticing military dictatorship here..... Biafra al the way

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by safarigirl(f): 3:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
Freemanan:

Touching...

But no effect....
I wasn't addressing an inconsequential fellow as yourself, it is too early for whatever you're sipping.

I reserve the right to express my opinion as a veteran NLer who has contributed 6 addictive years to the site..... I know where Nairaland was 6 years ago, it has gotten worse and people like you will ruin it soon enough.

Have a nice day

7 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by menix(m): 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
BizBayo:

I believe anyone that insults the igbos should be banned and the same as otherwise.

Thank you a lot...

Seun kindly see what a real yoruba man wrote..

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
I no why is doing all this,because he knows If biafra. happens to come nairaland will not exist again,cos the name nairaland sound like zoo,but osun don't worry we will change nairaland to bialander ok.but I hope u are not scared of DSS.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by hummerwise(m): 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
This is absolute nonsense.
Nairaland has been a great source of news and entertainment, however I do not accept this move.

Voting with my feet. Deleting my account.

Good luck and God bless Nairalanders.
you must delete oo,, if yu do not delete ur account,, yu are not a man of ur words
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
PrinceNwokeji:
Seun be careful, we are free to discuss any issue here, your blog site is not the only site here in Nigeria, except you have joined politics. Biafra has come to stay!
Don't forget that #viviangist is booming...

Lol... Really? Even Facebook can't crush NL... The field is large enough... NL is already beyond what some bigot few can threaten.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Beremx(f): 3:09pm On Dec 10, 2015
Toktee:
Your so called Mynd44 banned me for three days without reason,i challenged him to repost the coment that earned me the banned till today,he is afraid to do so, i can now see why you put him incharge of banning,if i may ask,challenging biafra is allow here,but promoting biafra is prohibited,why?
why don't you extend the banned to those that insult them?
Remember,iam not an igboman,not even biafra supporter,but i think you and your team have to be fair not to bring tribalism here,dnt bring yoruba vs igbo crisis here,i dared you to swallow it as you see it,thanks.
But i dnt like that MYND44.
Same here o my brother. Mynd44 banned me for no reason. According to him he said i created a thread in the wrong section and I was posting off topic on one thread. I haven't been online since 4days and my first post was in property section where i run my advert and second post was on Ishilove's thread where i quoted her saying "you go hear am". next thing i saw was a ban. I sent him email to protest my ban and he ignored me.

Seun Osewa,kindly caution your moderator mynd44 on how he goes around banning unjustly.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Allosaurus: 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
missKiffy:
I support Seun on this decision cool
Useless girl! Why won't you support any notion to clamp down on Igbos

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (157)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.