Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,834 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Do I Include These On My Cv ? Please Advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do I Include These On My Cv ? Please Advice (3332 Views)

I'm In Need Of A Reliable Someone To Check My CV Please!! / Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! / Should I Include Every Job I Hold On My CV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Include These On My Cv ? Please Advice by Sookul: 5:58pm On Dec 10, 2015
I confined my CV to one page as advised as well. Two of my most recent interviewers at some reputable firms condemned my style based on both indices. Please I need some direction from some experienced people here or HR personnel (better). Thanks
Re: Do I Include These On My Cv ? Please Advice by Sookul: 7:20pm On Dec 10, 2015
nawao, plenty views no comment
Re: Do I Include These On My Cv ? Please Advice by bakingsoda: 7:41pm On Dec 10, 2015
Change sex to gender
Remove DOB (however, if the vacancy has an age limit you qualify for, you may include it to show that you qualify)
Remove marital status
Extend the CV to two pages

4 Likes

Re: Do I Include These On My Cv ? Please Advice by beau49: 8:40pm On Dec 10, 2015
In mine I included all that you mention above.

It all depends on the recruiter and what they want.

Why not try and make your cv two pages? The second page doesn't necessarily have to be a full page. If you have no experience add NYSC experience there.

1 Like

Re: Do I Include These On My Cv ? Please Advice by Tobex4realTobex234(m): 5:53am On Dec 11, 2015
Nice C.V content but the presentation needs a lot of work.

https://www.nairaland.com/2572995/type-resume-get-interview-invites

Sookul:
In my cv I excluded most personal data like sex, DOB, marital status and the rest, as advised. I also confined my cv to one page as advised as well. Two of my most recent interviewers at some reputable firms condemned my style based on both indices. Please I need some direction from some experienced people here or HR personnel (better). Thanks
Re: Do I Include These On My Cv ? Please Advice by kaze4blues(m): 6:46am On Dec 11, 2015
Please I want to know if it's necessary to include the class of degree I graduated with on my resume.

Thanks
Re: Do I Include These On My Cv ? Please Advice by skillip(m): 9:30am On Dec 11, 2015
@Op, let your work experience be the next thing after the objective, recruiters. don't usually have the luxury of time while sorting CV's,it's all about what catches the eyes. Bio data's are not always necessary for me anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Include These On My Cv ? Please Advice by Mustay(m): 11:05am On Dec 11, 2015
Recruiters have things they look out for. Some want to see the marital status because some jobs are suitable for the 'singles'.

Of course, our gender/sex in necessary.
Re: Do I Include These On My Cv ? Please Advice by ajasa4link: 11:12am On Dec 11, 2015
kaze4blues:
Please I want to know if it's necessary to include the class of degree I graduated with on my resume.

Thanks

YES ITS IMPORTANT YOU INCLUDE IT, EMPLOYERS DON'T WANT TO START CALLING YOU ON PHONE JUST TO ASK FOR THE CLASS OF YOUR DEGREE AFTER YOU SUBMIT AN APPLICATION.

1 Like

Re: Do I Include These On My Cv ? Please Advice by ruffp: 11:44am On Dec 11, 2015
there is no format for writing a CV.
except where the prospective employer asks for a specific format or requirement, please include anything and everything that would aid your being called in line with what you are applying for.
Length or volume doesn't matter too...as long as all you have stated is relevant.
Re: Do I Include These On My Cv ? Please Advice by adollyboy(m): 9:03am On Dec 13, 2015
You shouldn't have removed all those things because,sometimes it might even be that,the employer is looking for.I had attended an interview sometimes,that the employer said he picked me because am married. Other reason according to the was that unmarried guys are likely to be "jumping" from one company to another.Though I left when the salaries were being delayed.
Re: Do I Include These On My Cv ? Please Advice by Benjom(m): 4:48pm On Dec 14, 2015
The picture attached may be of help to you. Note that I didn't include 'Reference/Referee'. However, our environment allows that. So, you may or may not include it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Write A Formal Letter / Beware Of Rybid Consults!! / H & C Consult job invitation for writing and oral interview.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.