Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! (7557 Views)

I Desperately Need A Job, Not After The Pay / Federal Civil Service Job; Not So Bad Afterall! / Should I Include Every Job I Hold On My CV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by chezok(f): 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2016
Please fellow nairalanders, help me in evaluating my CV. cry

I need a Job. cry cry

#Frustrated cry cry cry

cc: Lalasticlala, uboma, davide470 Frontpage will be much appreciated.

THANKS FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION EVERYONE!! smiley smiley smiley kiss kiss kiss
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by unofficial(m): 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2016
Seen.
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by darkenkach(m): 3:55pm On Mar 09, 2016
How do we get across to you?
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by laprince(m): 4:03pm On Mar 09, 2016
No much details of the jobs you have handled. its very brief and not intriguing.
let the heavyweights come and analyse it. just be patient.
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by chezok(f): 4:19pm On Mar 09, 2016
Trying to upload the photo version here but cant.. dunno why.

DONE!!!
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by chezok(f): 4:23pm On Mar 09, 2016
laprince:
No much details of the jobs you have handled.
its very brief and not intriguing.

let the heavyweights come and analyse it.
just be patient.

Ohkay... more lights please.
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by shawlxAk(m): 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2016
This a generic CV. What is your preferred direction? Always try to edit your CV to suit a particular job role you intend to apply to.

Right after your contact details, add a summary section and state what you have to offer -- in 3 to 5 sentences. In other words, what can you really do? That's what most employers want to know. Move your 'strenghts' section to the top, rename it as 'summary' and tidy it up.

You're not the only one who taught students during NYSC. So what sets you apart from the next person?

In order to get a good job, the fact is, it's either you have solid experience, or you are very highly skilled and you can prove it.

Maybe you should concentrate on applying to graduate trainee positions instead.

chezok:

I need a Job. cry cry

#Frustrated cry cry cry

[img]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByYSX-81s1niOV9nMFVKYmxwcW8/view?usp=sharing[/img]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by chezok(f): 4:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
shawlxAk:
This a generic CV. What is your prefered direction? Always try to edit your CV to suit a particular job role you intend to apply to.

Right after your contact details, add a summary section and state what you have to offer. In order words, what can you really do? That's what most employers want to know. Move your 'strenghts' section to the top, rename it as 'summary' and tidy it up.

You're not the only one who taught students during NYSC. So what sets you apart from the next person?

In order to get a good job, the fact is, it's either you have solid experience, or you are very highly skilled and you can prove it.

Maybe you should concentrate on applying to graduate Trainee positions instead.

cry cry cry Thanks.
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by philip3(m): 4:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
i would suggest a brief introduction like an objective statement to get a feel on your person.
something that would highlight your strengths in relation to the job you are applying for.
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by chezok(f): 4:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
shawlxAk:
This a generic CV. What is your preferred direction? Always try to edit your CV to suit a particular job role you intend to apply to.

Right after your contact details, add a summary section and state what you have to offer -- in 3 to 5 sentences. In other words, what can you really do? That's what most employers want to know. Move your 'strenghts' section to the top, rename it as 'summary' and tidy it up.

Maybe you should concentrate on applying to graduate trainee positions instead.

Something like this huh?
I moved the strength section up and renamed it. lipsrsealed

Will Upload when my network is through
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by philip3(m): 5:09pm On Mar 09, 2016
an example of what i would suggest in the summary below. but it has to be tailored to the specific job being applied for.

A highly focused individual with a 2.1 degree in economics
and sound knowledge of basic economics principles
as well as in depth knowledge in complex economic issues coupled with
excellent communication/facilitation
skills from my various work experiences.

7 Likes

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by uckennety(m): 5:30pm On Mar 09, 2016
chezok:

I need a Job. cry cry

#Frustrated cry cry cry

Calm down am a graduate of mass comm!since. 2011!notin SErious!yt!my parents wants to sponspor. ME aboard now!this is wt u gt 4 being a nigErian
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Egohunter: 5:39pm On Mar 09, 2016
chezok:

I need a Job. cry cry

#Frustrated cry cry cry

my fellow zikite... ntn z wrong wit ur CV but it can b better..

1. change born to date of birth
2. I feel ur list of strengths n interest is too long , u can just make it 3 or 4 lines each
3. put ur education before work experience cuz u are just a fresher
4. You can change strength to skills instead (if u feel like thou)
5. I still de find job..so u can edit my advice

6. where is Tchokote ? That man finished me
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2016
The problem with your CV is the same problem with the CV of many Graduates in Nigeria.

No extra curricular activity!

No professional training/Certification

No Internship (IT) experience

No Nothing

I'm yet to see a more empty CV!

I know it hurts but I don't like deception. Sorry smiley

I know a handful of undergraduates that have better CV!

The job market is competitive, foreign MSC grads are without jobs.

The late night reading shouldn't stop after B.Sc.

There are a couple of free online courses that are internationally recognized that you could take.

There are tons of ways to better your CV in less than a week.

Don't just stay in your comfort zone and open NL threads.

Get serious and get to work.

Goodluck!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Mizzzbeee(f): 6:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
Send me an email ASAP if you can work as a personal assistant in lekki. Also if you can come tomorrow morning for an interview.

6 Likes

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Malcolmx12: 7:43pm On Mar 09, 2016
if u live in Asaba(as ur profile stated) u can send ur cv.
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Richy4(m): 8:41pm On Mar 09, 2016
I will not lie to you my dear it is kind of dry.... You really need to standout from the crowd..... You really need to let the employer know that u got something interesting to offer to them.... First u let them know who u are and what u wanted...

Your CV is good but it lacks profile... who are you and what do you want/ objective

EXAMPLE OF PERSONAL PROFILE

"I am driven and energetic finance graduate, seeking a position where I can engage
my experience, skills and studies to make a positive and productive contribution to the workplace.

Having completed a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, I have gone on to establish myself professionally in roles across finance, as well as Acting as an AD HOC Staff at the Independent Elec......

Across these roles I have demonstrated that I am an effective, reliable performer with
sound communication, organizational and people skills. With a solid work ethic and
desire to excel I believe I am also someone who does not shy away from going above
and beyond the requirements of a role to do it well."

Please write something like this after you have finished your Address..... It kind of summarised who you are.....and some of the things u can offer.....
Good luck dear

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Egohunter: 9:06pm On Mar 09, 2016
DMeanMan:
The problem with your CV is the same problem with the CV of many Graduates in Nigeria.

No Nothing

There are a couple of free online courses that are internationally recognized that you could take.

Goodluck!

oga relax...its obvious the department doesn't go for I.t and certification requires money .But that aside can u please state the free online courses that are internationally recognized

1 Like

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Nafizzey(m): 9:42pm On Mar 09, 2016
DMeanMan:

No Nothing

Goodluck!

Hi sir, please can you cite one or few online free courses Intl recognized you feel will boost and strengthen fresh graduate resume? Thank you!

3 Likes

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Joecares: 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2016
Mizzzbeee:
Send me an email ASAP if you can work as a personal assistant in lekki. Also if you can come tomorrow morning for an interview.
Sis please am available for this position and am conversant with lekki and environs please help me i need this like seriously now please will be waiting for a response from you. my num is 080205296588
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by LaurelP(m): 10:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
Your CV is wacky.
Search for graduate CV online and edit appropriately.
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Mizzzbeee(f): 10:53pm On Mar 09, 2016
Joecares:

Sis please am available for this position and am conversant with lekki and environs please help me i need this like seriously now please will be waiting for a response from you. my num is 080205296588
your number isnt correct. Anyway if you are interested simply come with one passport photograph, one copy of your CV and one page application letter stating why you should get the job. You must be there by 9-10am latest tomorrow. Edit your number and I will contact you via whatsapp on full details
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by palladin: 11:06pm On Mar 09, 2016
Learning

Dragnet, SHL, Workforce PQ & Answers are available on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/2685888/myjob-mobile-app-android

1 Like

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Paparaxy(m): 11:37pm On Mar 09, 2016
Meanwhile
U can earn 4% of your investment daily through a program am involved in. Check my signature and Contact me for more Info on 07030515518(whatsapp only)
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Paparaxy(m): 11:38pm On Mar 09, 2016
Meanwhile
U can earn 4% of your investment daily through a program am involved in. Check my signature and Contact me for more Info on 07030515518(whatsapp only)
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Neroski(f): 11:49pm On Mar 09, 2016
Malcolmx12:
if u live in Asaba(as ur profile stated) u can send ur cv.
I am in Asaba too.pls can I send my CV?
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by MaziOmenuko: 11:53pm On Mar 09, 2016
Felliw zikite,

Many important points have been made already, I know you are taking note.

Your CV is virtually empty. Nothing to show that you even have a basic skills of computer apprecation; Microsoft word, excell and PowerPoint. Didn't you do afrihub at unizik (I did).

Now, visit coursera.org and check out all the courses they offer there. Enroll for any one you feel is inline with your field.
Visit Alison.com and enroll for Project Management. It is completely free with a certificate once you score above 75% in the final assessment. also enroll for financial management, risk management and any other management course you can find in alison.com.

Within 2wks, you will have at least 4 certifications that can spice up your CV.

Stop wasting your data on Nairaland and Facebook.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by MaziOmenuko: 11:59pm On Mar 09, 2016
Nafizzey:
Hi sir, please can you cite one or few online free courses Intl recognized you feel will boost and strengthen fresh graduate resume? Thank you!

You don't need international recognition for free courses; you pay thru your nose for online courses from internationally recognised institution.

Having said that, you can visit coursera.org and alison.com.

For coursera, they offer courses directly from foreign universities. If you pay for their project that follows the course, your certificate will have the name of the university in it and it is internationally recognised. Payment ranges from $30 to $150 (which is stl very okk).

Alison.com gives you free courses; after completing and passing the course, you will pay for the certificate if you need it, otherwise, you will be given a free statement of accomplishment which is still valid.

You print it out and include it in your CV.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Chigorkizz(m): 12:49am On Mar 10, 2016
You failed to include your achievements.
make provision for Selected achievements.
Re: Help !! What Is Wrong With My Cv! Why Is The Job Not Coming! by Mcbussy(m): 1:05am On Mar 10, 2016
MaziOmenuko:
Felliw zikite,

Many important points have been made already, I know you are taking note.

Your CV is virtually empty. Nothing to show that you even have a basic skills of computer apprecation; Microsoft word, excell and PowerPoint. Didn't you do afrihub at unizik (I did).

Now, visit coursera.org and check out all the courses they offer there. Enroll for any one you feel is inline with your field.
Visit Alison.com and enroll for Project Management. It is completely free with a certificate once you score above 75% in the final assessment. also enroll for financial management, risk management and any other management course you can find in alison.com.

Within 2wks, you will have at least 4 certifications that can spice up your CV.

Stop wasting your data on Nairaland and Facebook.

This information is priceless. #respect

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Post/get Port Harcourt Jobs Here... / Nigerian Paramilitary Recruitment 2016 / 6 Tips For Writing A Winning Curriculum Vitae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.