Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,135 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

An Extra Ordinary Encounter With A Familiar Enemy - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / An Extra Ordinary Encounter With A Familiar Enemy (527 Views)

Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos / Man Shares Hilarious Encounter With A Keke Driver In Lagos / Obinna Ebirim, Doctor Works As Kitchen Assistant In UK To Make Extra Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Extra Ordinary Encounter With A Familiar Enemy by Appswheel(m): 6:08pm On Dec 10, 2015
On weekends, I stare hunger right in the face, eyeballs to eyeballs without succumbing to it demands – I do my laundry and hangout with my PC.

Sunday, December 6, 2015 was different, I returned from Mass around 11am, reached for my PC to publish useful information on my educareer portal only to find out that my PC had ran out of power, no thanks to PHCN. I turned to sleep for respite.

Get up! Get up!! While wondering the identity of the intruder trying to cut short my sleep, I got a shocker…. A hard knock and hot, dirty slap…...I momentarily saw 7 stars and the rainbow colours. Sleep ‘jumped’ out of my eyes… not knowing what the intruder next moves will be I swung my fist in the air praying it catch the yet to be identified visitor in the face.

It turned out to be an old familiar enemy, the following conversation played out:

Intruder: How fast can your legs carry you?

Me: As fast as you can imagine…..jet speed.

Without any delay, I reached for the wardrobe, got dressed, I also took my purse with me. Within few minutes I had returned with a shopping bag with spaghetti (Golden Penny – NGN 130), 1 egg – NGN 30, Titus Sardine – NGN 150, Fresh Tomatoes, pepper and onions (NGN 200) and two sachet of Nutri C – NGN 50 to appease my enemy.

I’d spare you the steps I took to prepare the delicious meal which lasted for barely 30 mins. I downed the meal with a chilled Nutri C solution. That was all I needed to silence my enemy – Hunger.

Sometimes, we allow ourselves to be crippled by circumstances we are equipped to take charge of. Why dwell on problems and challenges you can surmount? All of my life, I am have not met a “talentless” individual, have you met one? So why sleep on your talent, problems?
Dear friend, you hold the solution to all the problems plaguing you, it starts with identifying, developing and applying your talent(s). Locate individuals, communities, demographics where your gift is in high demand, pitch your tent there, provide excellent products, services and work your way out of poverty, hunger and self-pity.

I pray God to open your eyes to the resources, talent and gifts he has blessed you with. I pray he lead you by the hand to helpers, mentors who will offer you advice and guidance required to turn your situation around for good.

Irrespective of the challenges you are faced with at the moment, “fill your mind with those things that are good and that deserve praise; things that are true, noble, pure, right, lovely and hononrable” ( Philippians 4: 8 ).

Thanks for reading. Are you inspired? Share the article with your friends.

(1) (Reply)

Need A Professional To Work Your Project / Join Pacestters Empowerment Initiative / Has Anyone Heard About A Recruiting Firm Called ICEP/EMIL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.