Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,044 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched (2513 Views)

First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Pictures From Eko Atlantic Opening Ceremony... / GEJ & Clinton To Attend Eko Atlantic Opening Tommorow ,Expect Road Closures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by OneNaija(m): 10:50am On Jun 03, 2009
Rise of a New Lagos City

LAGOS, Nigeria, June 1 /PRNewswire/ -- The official website of Eko Atlantic, a brand new city that will be built on land that is being reclaimed from the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of Victoria Island in Lagos, has been launched on the internet as part of an evolving strategy of marketing and communications to promote the large-scale development project.

Eko Atlantic covers an area of more than 9 square kilometres of sea that is being turned into valuable land for sale. Strips of sand have already emerged along parts of Bar Beach, rolling back decades of severe coastal erosion that once threatened Victoria Island itself.

"This is a thoroughly properly conceived engineering solution to nature's challenge," says Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, who praises the project in a video clip on the new website.

Lagos is the biggest and fastest growing city in West Africa and is projected to become a city-state of 25 million people by the year 2015. Eko Atlantic city, says the Governor, is an integral part of that mega city vision. "I was persuaded not only by its merits but also its benefits."

The vast marine works to reclaim land for Eko Atlantic and the construction of a new sea wall will take six years to complete. "We have a unique opportunity here," says David Frame, Managing Director of the development company, South Energyx. "It will establish a vibrant 21st century city here in the heart of Africa. We believe it will assist in establishing Lagos as the financial capital of Africa."

A new Eko Atlantic branding logo, depicting a modern skyline along a coastal sweep, will be revealed for the first time on the newly launched interactive website.

The developers will further raise Eko Atlantic's profile and will broadcast its logo on television screens watched by millions of soccer fans during the Nigeria v France friendly soccer match on Tuesday, June 2.

Eko Atlantic is a match sponsor for the Super Eagles game and its logo and website address will feature on prominent, pitch-side advertising panels in the French stadium throughout the game.
For more information, visit www.ekoatlantic.com

Guy Check Out the Video In the Website.Wow Amazing.I bet Lagos will soon Be Dubai of Africa.South Africa will be Jealousy of the Project if completed.
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by AjaraEwuro: 11:03am On Jun 03, 2009
that website has been there since.
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by OneNaija(m): 11:09am On Jun 03, 2009
Yes it was there since and it has never be Launched.Take a look at it and see if it is the same thing Inside the Website.
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by SamMilla1(m): 11:54am On Jun 03, 2009
Wise Project. I will support them with a million Dollars, heheheheh!1
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by blacksta(m): 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2009
The poster meant a " a relaunch"
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by ajileko: 1:17pm On Jun 03, 2009
Yeah man.
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by Ilelobola: 2:01pm On Jun 03, 2009
Looks nice but what would be nicer is if they sorted out the existing inhabited areas before moving on to creating new land as well as sorting out people's basic needs.

And how many of the common people will be able to afford Eko Atlantic City.
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2009
Ilelobola:

Looks nice but what would be nicer is if they sorted out the existing inhabited areas before moving on to creating new land as well as sorting out people's basic needs.

And how many of the common people will be able to afford Eko Atlantic City.

All those skyscrapers even abroad are not meant for the poor. Only for those that can afford them.

Eko Atlantic is just like a tourist centre and to bring foreign investors into the state. period!  undecided

Good idea.
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by Ilelobola: 2:42pm On Jun 03, 2009
faakay:

All those skyscrapers even abroad are not meant for the poor. Only for those that can afford them.

Eko Atlantic is just like a tourist centre and to bring foreign investors into the state. period! undecided

Good idea.

Couldn't agree more but in the midst of building skyscrapers they provided for their poor. The tourists and foreign investors were not prioritised at the expense of the poorer citizens and I don't believe skyscrapers alone will bring tourism or investment anyway.
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by moneygurl: 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2009
Ilelobola:

Couldn't agree more but in the midst of building skyscrapers they provided for their poor. The tourists and foreign investors were not prioritised at the expense of the poorer citizens and I don't believe skyscrapers alone will bring tourism or investment anyway.

IS that not what this project is all about bringing in private investors who will pay taxes to the government and provide job for the poor. Since the project is private (not government funded), i dont see how they are prioritizing tourist and foreigners over the poor. The project might also put more houses in the market, which could lead to reduction of prices in other parts of Lagos.
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by Ilelobola: 2:56pm On Jun 03, 2009
moneygurl:

IS that not what this project is all about bringing in private investors who will pay taxes to the government and provide job for the poor. Since the project is private (not government funded), i dont see how they are prioritizing tourist and foreigners over the poor. The project might also put more houses in the market, which could lead to reduction of prices in other parts of Lagos.

If it is private funded then I apologise otherwise . . . good for Lagos though they could have developed land along Lagos-Ibadan etc cheaper than this. Oh well, we would all be able to commute easily to the Island then as the Light Rail should be in operation. cheesy
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by KnowAll(m): 3:15pm On Jun 03, 2009

Did I not read somewhere that there was a surge by the ocean in VI sometime last week. Don’t the planners of this new city on the sea realise that the project is not only doomed but a huge disaster will be hovering in the horizon.
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by danteweb: 10:16pm On Jun 03, 2009
Why do Nigerians always behave like they did not go to school? I don't see the point in all the very stupid questions peeps have been asking about this project. Instead of rambling, why not look at the website discussed and read what is said there, instead of asking unnecessary questions.

This project I believe is going to be an engineering feat and I believe the developers have done their homework well. Also recent advances in technology make this project a piece of cake. Look at the burj al arab, built in dubai in the middle of the ocean. Why has it not fallen for over 15 years despite the strong waves existent in the arabian gulf,

Anyways I think this project only goes to prove that lagos has finally hit a jackpot in terms of leadership and we shouldn't take the present administrator for granted. He is a rare gem. Go to Oyo State and see how the people are complaining bitterly about their Akala.
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by interestin: 10:23pm On Jun 03, 2009
interesting, But lets wait and see
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by Oxone(m): 12:40am On Jun 04, 2009
kool but i'll keep my fingers crossed
Re: Eko Atlantic Nigeria Website Launched by ayobase(m): 4:57pm On Jun 09, 2009
goood!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Governor Akpabio's Mercedes Benz Gift To Efcc’s Farida Waziri. / The Roads In Aba. / Court Throws Out Zoning Suit Against President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.