Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Bluetooth ELM327 Won't Work With Dashcommand (fixed) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bluetooth ELM327 Won't Work With Dashcommand (fixed) (4713 Views)

Obd2 Elm327 Bluetooth V2.1 Saves You A Tons Of Money In Car Maintenance. / Viecar VC002-A/B Mini OBDII Bluetooth Car Scanner Diagnostic Tool (4.5K) / You Won't Believe What These People Are Trying To Do (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bluetooth ELM327 Won't Work With Dashcommand (fixed) by Dave1987: 4:33am On Dec 11, 2015
Complaint:
Every time I turn on bluetooth and connect to my ELM 327 and go to DashCmd, DashCmd tries to own the bluetooth and turns it off or something, but its configured to use tcp connection.

Solutions quoted from forums:
- iPhone 4
- iOS 7
- roqyBT7
- roqyOBD7
- DashCommand 4.1.0
- ELM 327 OBD2 Bluetooth interface:
http://www.obdii365.com/wholesale/mini-elm327-bluetooth-obd2-v15-1601.html

It works perfectly with Devtoaster Rev and EngineLink. But not with DashCommand.

At first, it kept turning bluetooth off. Then I decided to delete the app from my iPhone and re-installed it.
Then, it was not turning bluetooth off, but kept displaying the interface communication error every time I tried to connect.

If you check the log after the error has occurred, it only has two lines. One saying it is trying to connect and the next line with the interface communication error.
I was trying to get more detailed info from the log when I accidentally got to make it work!

I taped on the "Not connected" button and on "Console" right away.
Surprisingly, several lines started showing in the log. That's when I noticed it was connected!
After that, just go back to the Menu screen and you are ready to go!

I then disconnected and tried to reconnect the usual way. No success. Again the interface communication error.
It only connects if I hit the button to connect and then go to the console screen!

It seems pretty clear it is a bug in DashCommand.

Try this procedure and please let me know how that worked for you.

Review on the solution above:
I can confirm this worked for me as well.

I updated an old Iphone 4 I was using with ios 5 to ios 7. It worked fine on ios 5. After JB on ios 7, roqy etc, dash command wouldn’t connect. I spent hours trying to make it work. I confirmed my iphone 5 with ios 7 7, JB, roqy etc, worked fine and made sure everything was the same between the 2 phones except one was an iphone 4 and the other was a 5. iphone 5 worked, iphone 4 did not.

I used this trick on the 4 with ios 7 and it works perfectly! Thanks for your post and I hope a mod gets this bug on the list to get fixed! Love your APP! Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Is G35x 2007 Reliable? / Nissan Murano Vs Infiniti FX35. Please Advice / Which Car Am I Supposed To Choose?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.