Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,517 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba (1978 Views)

Agbakoba Rejects Restructuring, Backs Nnamdi Kanu / Falana, Agbakoba: Ikpeazu No Longer Abia Governor by Law / Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —agbakoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by theV0ice: 7:56am On Dec 11, 2015
Human rights lawyer and former President, Nigerian Bar Association, NBA, Dr. Olisa Agbakoba, has lauded the economic and political policies initiated by President Muhammadu Buhari, noting however, that the elite are frustrating the President’s reform agenda.

Speaking to newsmen in Lagos, yesterday, on the state of the nation, Agbakoba said that since May 29, there has been an economic correction in the country, as well as an ideological shift to the left to serve the people’s interest.

He stated that the implementation of Treasury Single Account, TSA, quality of ministers, blocking finance leakages, social regulations, benefits and stimulus strategy, like paying employment benefits, keeping the oil subsidy, at least in the short term, and the zero tolerance on corruption, are evidences showing that President Buhari fully understands the enormous challenges facing the country.

He said: “I want to warn President Buhari about the conspiracy of the elite and its resolve to frustrate his reform agenda. This elite class, made up of people in high positions in the religious circles, traditional institutions, professions and businesses, represents a small percent of Nigerians but exert tremendous influence, with a view to state capture.

“This class is very dissatisfied about the ideological change of Buhari’s administration. They see the new agenda as a threat to their privileges. As set out below, they are the greatest roadblocks to President Buhari’s economic and political policy agenda.”

Agbakoba, who, however, noted that the reform is yet to be felt, urged President Buhari to avoid communication lethargy in 2016, adding that the President must clearly carry the people along to inspire hope, followership, confidence and practice.

He advised Buhari to create an Office for Strategic Communication to link government with the people.

“There is no need to have two Press Secretaries. One may be assigned to head the Office of Strategic Communication, while the other should cover the President’s diaries,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/elite-frustrating-buharis-reform-agenda-agbakoba/
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 11, 2015
The same Agbakoba who insinuated that PMB was not qualified to contest the elections. I like the confessions of the new converts.

3 Likes

Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by koladebrainiac(m): 8:16am On Dec 11, 2015
HMM
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by modath(f): 8:27am On Dec 11, 2015
kITATITA:
The same Agbakoba who insinuated that PMB was not qualified to contest the elections. I like the confessions of the new converts.

Slowly but surely, all will see that PMB's thoughts for this nation are for good..

Ever since the arms scandal became public fodder, most anti PMB elements {especially on NL} have had the wind taken out of their sails, they've gone mute & no longer have any moral grounds to wail.

Except some few diehards who have made it their life biz to bellyache about anything PMB like he is responsible for their tailor who ruined their Sunday best or their dog that gave them 3 puppies instead of 8 they were promised by the vet/breeder. cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:30am On Dec 11, 2015
WHO ARE THE ELITES IF I MAY ASK, ARE THEY NOT THE LIKES OF SARAKI, OBJ, ATIKU, TINUBU ETC, THAT ARE BACKING BABA? WE NEED TO TELL OURSELVES THE TRUTH, REMOVE PMB FROM APC, WHAT YOU HAVE LEFT IS PDP..........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by theV0ice: 8:39am On Dec 11, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
WHO ARE THE ELITES IF I MAY ASK, ARE THEY NOT THE LIKES OF SARAKI, OBJ, ATIKU, TINUBU ETC, THAT ARE BACKING BABA? WE NEED TO TELL OURSELVES THE TRUTH, REMOVE PMB FROM APC, WHAT YOU HAVE LEFT IS PDP..........

I've always known and said this...so nothing new.

Why then are you filled with hate against Buhari when you know he's different from the rest? Is it because of his tribe? religion?

5 Likes

Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:44am On Dec 11, 2015
theV0ice:

I've always known and said this...so nothing new.

Why then are you filled with hate against Buhari when you know he's different from the rest? Is it because of his tribe? religion?
HE SHOULD STOP CLAIMING HES A SAINT, WE KNOW HE STOLE $2.8B
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by Aufbauh(m): 8:47am On Dec 11, 2015
Buhari is trying hard not to be seen as a dictator, unfortunately for him, many of us voted him because Nigeria needs an iron hand.
Maybe President Buhari should close himself in his study and read few books about contemporary world political events. If he does that he will quickly realise that when a leader come into power on a reform ticket, he cannot afford the luxury of trying to cultivate the image of a democrat, for almost in all cases in recent world history, democracy arose from the storm of dictatorial reforms.
Nigerians elected President Muhammadu Buhari for the dictatorial reforms he introduced in 1984, some of which were War against indiscipline, War against corruption and economic sabotage that jailed many people up to 250 years, price control, environmental sanitation etc. That is the change we want to see from him as a born again democrat.
That is what brought about 'Goguwar Buhari' (Buhari's Storm) that brought him into power, that is exactly his mandate.
That is the momentum he should ride to carry out the reforms the country so badly needs.

1 Like

Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by PassingShot(m): 8:49am On Dec 11, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

The $2.8bn that his opponents including OBJ, IBB, Yar'Adua and even GEJ could not unearth in thirty years is still what you're holding on to?

People who reason like you only deserve one thing - genuine pity for their ignorance.

4 Likes

Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by StOla: 8:51am On Dec 11, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

I declare him a saint worthy of emulation by all patriotic Nigerian youth.

You feel threatened that a Nigerian leader could be so upright? What do you have hidden in your cupboard?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:52am On Dec 11, 2015
PassingShot:

The $2.8bn that his opponents including OBJ, IBB, Yar'Adua and even GEJ could not unearth in thirty years is still what you're holding on to?

People who reason like you only deserve one thing - genuine pity for their ignorance.
THEN WHY ACCUSE GEJ OF STEALING MONEY, WHY PERSECUTE SARAKI, WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE MONEY BEFORE YOU CONDEMN THEM.

NB: FELA CAN NEVER AND WILL NEVER LIE, WHAT YOU JUST SAID IS AN INSULT TO THE LEGENDARY FELA.......
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by OZAOEKPE(f): 8:55am On Dec 11, 2015
PassingShot:

PASSINGSHOT
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by 7lives: 8:56am On Dec 11, 2015
StOla:

I declare him a saint worthy of emulation by all patriotic Nigerian youth.

You feel threatened that a Nigerian leader could be so upright? What do you have hidden in your cupboard?

He knows that the end is near for people like him as baba continue with the FUMIGATION, more heads will roll and these may include him and his father.

2 Likes

Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by theV0ice: 9:00am On Dec 11, 2015
modath:

Slowly but surely, all will see that PMB's thoughts for this nation are for good..

Ever since the arms scandal became public fodder, most anti PMB elements {especially on NL} have had the wind taken out of their sails, they've gone mute & no longer have any moral grounds to wail.

Except some few diehards who have made it their life biz to bellyache about anything PMB like he is responsible for their tailor who ruined their Sunday best or their dog that gave them 3 puppies instead of 8 they were promised by the vet/breeder. cheesy

Olisa Agbakoba has always been on the side of truth/the people.

He was imprisoned some few times by IBB and Abacha. He had his misgivings about Buhari which he's entitled to but he had said the below as far back as sept during Buhari's first 100 days

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/09/28/agbakoba-praises-buharis-efforts-on-security/

See this one also

Nigeria can be seen as physically paralyzed but President Buhari’s ascension to the presidential office has changed the mindset of the populace. Changing the mindset and the orientation of the people is a great achievement. Power utilities are running better, the petrol queues have virtually disappeared, and Apapa traffic is gone. There is order and signs of good governance. All these are still being run by the same people. The question is ‘what changed’? Their mindsets have changed. This is the achievement of ‘Change’ as a result of the President.

excerpts from here http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/we-dont-need-special-court-to-handle-corruption-cases-agbakoba/

The guy no be AGIP.
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by theV0ice: 9:01am On Dec 11, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

HEHEHEHE cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who are the 'we'?

1 Like

Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by theV0ice: 9:02am On Dec 11, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

THEN WHY ACCUSE GEJ OF STEALING MONEY, WHY PERSECUTE SARAKI, WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE MONEY BEFORE YOU CONDEMN THEM.

NB: FELA CAN NEVER AND WILL NEVER LIE, WHAT YOU JUST SAID IS AN INSULT TO THE LEGENDARY FELA.......

Yeah we all agree Fela can never lie but what if FELA WAS WRONG? wink

1 Like

Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:02am On Dec 11, 2015
theV0ice:

HEHEHEHE cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Who are the 'we'?

$2.8B IS TOO BIG TO GO UNNOTICED....
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:03am On Dec 11, 2015
theV0ice:

Yeah we all agree Fela can never lie but what if FELA WAS WRONG? wink
PLEASE DONT INSULT THE DEAD............
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by theV0ice: 9:07am On Dec 11, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

PLEASE DONT INSULT THE DEAD............

So saying a dead man was wrong amounts to insulting the dead? shocked

Would you tag it an insult if i say Hitler was wrong on the issue of Jews?
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by bokohalal(m): 9:08am On Dec 11, 2015
If old PDP is the new APC why are some people weeping and gnashing their teeth?
Change is here. The yam is very far from the goat this time around. GEJ used to give yams to Dasuki to share with other goats.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by theV0ice: 9:08am On Dec 11, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

$2.8B IS TOO BIG TO GO UNNOTICED....

IBB who overthrew him couldn't prove it. OBJ his former arch enemy spent 8 years and couldn't prove it. He contested 3 times prior against PDP, they couldn't prove it. GEJ spent 5 years and couldn't prove it.

Where exactly is this $2.8B?

1 Like

Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:12am On Dec 11, 2015
theV0ice:

IBB who overthrew him couldn't prove it. OBJ his former arch enemy spent 8 years and couldn't prove it. He contested 3 times prior against PDP, they couldn't prove it. GEJ spent 5 years and couldn't prove it.

Where exactly is this $2.8B?
MIND YOU, IBB TOLD HIM VIA HIS PA, THAT HE WHO STAYS IN GLASS HOUSE DONT THROW STONES....... WISDOM IS ALL WE NEED TO DECODE IT BRO..
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by modath(f): 9:13am On Dec 11, 2015
theV0ice:

Olisa Agbakoba has always been on the side of truth/the people.

He was imprisoned some few times by IBB and Abacha. He had his misgivings about Buhari which he's entitled to but he had said the below as far back as sept during Buhari's first 100 days

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/09/28/agbakoba-praises-buharis-efforts-on-security/

See this one also

excerpts from here http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/we-dont-need-special-court-to-handle-corruption-cases-agbakoba/

The guy no be AGIP.

Bros, a know nah, he is for the people.

Did you notice I didn't even any comment or cast aspersions on his character, when I see Olisa, I see Pat Utomi, I see Gani of blessed memory..
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by theV0ice: 9:17am On Dec 11, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

MIND YOU, IBB TOLD HIM VIA HIS PA, THAT HE WHO STAYS IN GLASS HOUSE DONT THROW STONES....... WISDOM IS ALL WE NEED TO DECODE IT BRO..

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Really?? What of GEJ?? what stopped him?? Do you know GEJ could have defeated PMB mercilessly if he had been able to unravel that mystery?? cheesy

Why didn't he?? cheesy
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by theV0ice: 9:18am On Dec 11, 2015
modath:

Bros, a know nah, he is for the people.

Did you notice I didn't even any comment or cast aspersions on his character, when I see Olisa, I see Pat Utomi, I see Gani of blessed memory..

You're right my sis cheesy
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:24am On Dec 11, 2015
theV0ice:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Really?? What of GEJ?? what stopped him?? Do you know GEJ could have defeated PMB mercilessly if he had been able to unravel that mystery?? cheesy

Why didn't he?? cheesy
WHY IS PMB SCARED TO PROBE OBJ AND IBB, ABI YOU SAY HE HAS THE GUTS.....
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by theV0ice: 9:30am On Dec 11, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

WHY IS PMB SCARED TO PROBE OBJ AND IBB, ABI YOU SAY HE HAS THE GUTS.....

Whose handover notes was he given on May 29th? OBJ? IBB? It was GEJ's and that's what he's checking wink

If we follow your logic, we can as well ask him to probe Lord Lugard cheesy

1 Like

Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:32am On Dec 11, 2015
theV0ice:

Whose handover notes was he given on May 29th? OBJ? IBB? It was GEJ's and that's what he's checking wink

If we follow your logic, we can as well ask him to probe Lord Lugard cheesy
FINE BY ME, IF YOU THINK SAY NA GEJ CORRUPTION START FROM.
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by theV0ice: 9:34am On Dec 11, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

FINE BY ME, IF YOU THINK SAY NA GEJ CORRUPTION START FROM.

Thank God he's wise enough to realise that your logic is totally impracticable cheesy

He's probing the handover notes he was handed like any sensible person would. If you don't like it, vote GEJ back in 2019 to come start it from Lord Lugard cheesy
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:37am On Dec 11, 2015
theV0ice:

Thank God he's wise enough to realise that your logic is totally impracticable cheesy

He's probing the handover notes he was handed like any sensible person would. If you don't like it, vote GEJ back in 2019 to come start it from Lord Lugard cheesy

I PRAY AND HOPE YOU REALIZE ON TIME THAT THIS CHANGE IS A SCAM
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by theV0ice: 9:39am On Dec 11, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

I PRAY AND HOPE YOU REALIZE ON TIME THAT THIS CHANGE IS A SCAM

Keep praying bro. if i see no changes, i'll join you grin
Re: Elite Frustrating Buhari’s Reform Agenda —Agbakoba by bokohalal(m): 9:41am On Dec 11, 2015
theV0ice:

Keep praying bro. if i see no changes, i'll join you grin
A lot has changed already. If you haven't seen it that is too bad .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo:Rivers state Gov.Nyesom Wike & Wife Epic Throw Back At Nigerian Law School / Apostle Johnson Suleman Warn Gov El Rufai Not To Incur The Wrath Of God / This Lady Cries And Begs Buhari On The Harsh Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.