Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. (27053 Views)

Some Scary Facts We Probably Don't Know About Snakes. / 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!! / 10 Facts About The Sun You Probably Didn't Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by sukkot: 3:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
own your own media then..

like seriously . . . how do you guys think . . . ?

oh wait . . . it's this conspiracy theorist again.. phew.. i was starting to get overly worried.

what was your point again? blacks are better than whites but whites are evil and are covering up the achievements of the superior blacks with so much efficiency that the whole world thinks the whites are better?

that makes so much sense . . .
ahhh you are someone who probably lives in nigeria and never left nigeria and dont know the powerful white supremacy forces working all over the world. you are still a virgin ( in terms of world exposure ) with idealistic views. you will learn soon though. oh you will learn. trust me
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by MathsChic(f): 3:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
Actually, he invented it. Just like newton invented calculus and jon von neumann invented game theory.

all theories are tools with which we understand nature. and tools are invented. not discovered.

No, I disagree. Observe, it's called the "theory" of relativity. Scientists don't invent theories. They study and observe nature, then they come to a conclusion that explains the situation somewhat. Others can come along in the future to refine the theory. Would you say Newton "invented" gravity? No, he discovered it. Gravity has always existed even before Newton. So has relativity.

Calculus is a tool, so you are right in saying that was invented by Newton (and Leibniz). It's a beautiful tool with which to analyse results. It existed in some variation in "limits" which had always been known to earlier scientists.

2 Likes

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Bobbyjay001(m): 3:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
Emeka Emeagwali nko?
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
Raplinx:
Tempak my guy pls can i have ya phone number? Wana speak with on the issue of maths/physics course
my phone is currently spoilt. I'll make sure to mail you when i get it fixed.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Raplinx(m): 3:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
sukkot:
rubbish. all the media is owned and ran by whites. we are currently living under the matrix of the white man and he has the power to keep you suppressed. its his time to glory. our time will come again. like tupac said, it is a white mans world. right now it is. not for long though
this guy is really a bloody @ss racist!! Did ur father solved Femerts Last theorem n never got recognised Or did ur Bush Granny invented calculus n wasnt Famous? smh. Go n sit down boy, u're a goat!
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 20, 2015
This list is not complete without the inclusion of Euler, the Blind Mathematician and Physicist.
He is often referred to as the father of Engineering Mathematics. With my physics degree and post graduate degree in Engineering, and another post graduate engineering in progress, I personally haven't come across any greater scientist who seems to always have equations or functions that appears in most problem or situation.

Euler's work touched upon so many fields that he is often the earliest written reference on a given matter. It has been said that, in an effort to avoid naming EVERYTHING after Euler, discoveries and theorems are named after the first person after Euler to have discovered them.

Euler was one of the most eminent mathematicians of the 18th century, and is held to be one of the greatest in history. He is also widely considered to be the MOST PROLIFIC mathematician of all times. His collected works fill 60 to 80 quarto volumes, more than anybody in the field.

A statement attributed to Pierre-Simon LAPLACE expresses Euler's influence on mathematics: "Read Euler, read Euler, he is the MASTER of us all."

SOME works of Euler:

Euler's sum of powers conjecture
Euler's equations
Euler's equation can refer to a non-differential equation, as in these cases:
Euler–Lotka equation , a characteristic equation employed in mathematical demography
Euler's pump and turbine equation
Euler transform used to accelerate the convergence of an alternating series and is also frequently applied to the
hypergeometric series
Euler's ordinary equations
Euler rotation equations , a set of first-order ODEs concerning the rotations of a rigid body.
Euler–Cauchy equation, a linear equidimensional second-order ODEs with variable coefficients . Its second-order version can emerge from Laplace equation in polar coordinates.
Euler–Bernoulli beam equation, a fourth-order ODE concerning the elasticity of structural beams.
Euler–Lagrange equation, a second-order ODE emerging from minimization problems in calculus of variations .
Euler's partial differential equations
Euler conservation equations, a set of quasilinear first-order hyperbolic equations used in fluid dynamics for
inviscid flows . In the (Froude) limit of no external field, they are conservation equations .
Euler–Tricomi equation – a second-order PDE emerging from Euler conservation equations.
Euler–Poisson–Darboux equation, a second-order PDE playing important role in solving the wave equation.
Euler's formulas
Eulers formula in complex analysis e ix = cos  x + i sin  x
Euler's polyhedral formula for planar graphs or polyhedra:
v − e + f = 2
Euler's formula for the critical load of a column:
Euler's continued fraction formula connecting a finite sum of products with a finite continued fraction
Euler product formula for the Riemann zeta function.
Euler–Maclaurin formula ( Euler's summation formula) relating integrals to sums
Euler–Rodrigues formula describing the rotation of a vector in three dimensions
Euler's functions
The Euler function, a modular form that is a prototypical
q-series .
Euler's homogeneous function theorem
Euler hypergeometric integral
Euler's identities
Euler's identity e i π + 1 = 0.
Euler's four-square identity, which shows that the product of two sums of four squares can itself be expressed as the sum of four squares.
Euler's identity may also refer to the pentagonal number theorem .
Euler's numbers
Euler's idoneal numbers
Euler numbers are an integer sequence.
Eulerian numbers are another integer sequence.
Euler number (physics) , the cavitation number in fluid dynamics .
Euler number (topology) – now, Euler characteristic
Lucky numbers of Euler
Euler–Mascheroni constant
Eulerian integers
Euler's theorems
Euler's homogeneous function theorem , a theorem about
homogeneous polynomials .
Euler's infinite tetration theorem
Euler's rotation theorem
Euler's theorem (differential geometry) on the existence of the principal curvatures of a surface and orthogonality of the associated principal directions.
Euler's theorem in geometry, relating the circumcircle and
incircle of a triangle.
Euclid–Euler theorem , relating perfect numbers to
Mersenne primes .
Euler–Fermat theorem
Euler's theorem equating the number of partitions with odd parts and the number of partitions with distinct parts. See Glaisher's theorem .
Euler's adding-up theorem in economics
Euler's first law , the linear momentum of a body is equal to the product of the mass of the body and the velocity of its center of mass .
Euler's second law , the sum of the external moments about a point is equal to the rate of change of angular momentum about that point.
2002 Euler (a minor planet)
AMS Euler typeface
Euler (software)
Euler acceleration or force
Euler programming language
Euler–Fokker genus
Project Euler
Leonhard Euler Telescope
Euler approximatio
Euler derivative (as opposed to Lagrangian derivative )
The Euler integrals of the first and second kind, namely the beta function and gamma function.
The Euler method , a method for finding numerical solutions of differential equations
Semi-implicit Euler method
Euler's number e 2.71828, the base of the natural logarithm , also known as Napier's constant.
Euler substitutions for integrals involving a square root.
Euler's summation formula , a theorem about integrals.
Cauchy–Euler equation (or Euler equation), a second-order linear differential equation
Euler–Maclaurin formula – relation between integrals and sums
Euler–Mascheroni constant or Euler's constant
Euler angles defining a rotation in space.
Euler brick
Euler's line – relation between triangle centers
Euler operator – set of functions to create polygon meshes
Euler's rotation theorem
Euler spiral – a curve whose curvature varies linearly with its arc length
Euler squares, usually called Graeco-Latin squares .
Euler's theorem in geometry, relating the circumcircle and
incircle of a triangle.
Euler–Rodrigues formulas concern Euler–Rodrigues parameters and 3D rotation matrices
Euler characteristic (formerly called Euler number) in
algebraic topology and topological graph theory , and the corresponding Euler's formula
Eulerian circuit
Euler cycle or Eulerian path – a path through a graph that takes each edge once
Eulerian graph has all its vertices spanned by an Eulerian path
Euler class
Euler diagram – incorrectly, but more popularly, known as Venn diagrams, its subclass
Euler tour technique
Euler–Fokker genus
Euler's criterion – quadratic residues modulo by primes
Euler product – infinite product expansion, indexed by prime numbers of a Dirichlet series
Euler pseudoprime
Euler's totient function (or Euler phi function) in
number theory , counting the number of coprime integers less than an integer.
Euler's Disk – a toy consisting of a circular disk that spins, without slipping, on a surface
Euler rotation equations - in rigid body dynamics.
Euler conservation equations in fluid dynamics .
Euler number (physics) - the cavitation number in fluid dynamics .
Euler's three-body problem
Euler–Bernoulli beam equation, concerning the elasticity of structural beams.
Euler formula in calculating the buckling load of columns.
Euler–Tricomi equation – concerns transonic flow
Polynomials
Euler's homogeneous function theorem , a theorem about
homogeneous polynomials .
Euler polynomials
Euler spline – composed of classical Euler polynomial arcs, Euler–Maruyama method

1 Like

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Raplinx(m): 3:41pm On Dec 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
my phone is currently spoilt. I'll make sure to mail you when i get it fixed.
thanks whats ur alma mater?
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2015
MathsChic:

No, I disagree. Observe, it's called the "theory" of relativity. Scientists don't invent theories. They study and observe nature, then they come to a conclusion that explains the situation somewhat. Others can come along in the future to refine the theory. Would you say Newton "invented" gravity? No, he discovered it. Gravity has always existed even before Newton. So has relativity.

Calculus is a tool, so you are right in saying that was invented by Newton (and Leibniz). It's a beautiful tool with which to analyse results. It existed in some variation in "limits" which had always been known to earlier scientists.
hmmn . . . how do i explain this . . .

Newton didn't invent gravity. of course. he invented the "theory of gravity."
that's the point I'm trying to pass here. "theories." are explanations or unification or descriptions of something else entirely. as we all know, newton's theory of gravity doesn't actually work well. instead the newer theory, of general relativity, is being used to describe gravity. That alone tips off that it is an invention. since it can be replaced and/or upgraded. a discovery, such as the discovery of a new element, is not subject to things like that.

a theory is very much like an actual tool, such as a hammer or a screw driver. only it's composed of ideas and equations. since we don't refer to tangible tools as discoveries, i doubt we can refer to theories as such.

in fact, most theories are born out of constant thinking, prototyping, and testing.. in very much the same manner as real tools. and they fail sometimes. like real tools . . . the list is endless.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by sukkot: 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2015
Raplinx:
this guy is really a bloody @ss racist!! Did ur father solved Femerts Last theorem n never got recognised Or did ur Bush Granny invented calculus n wasnt Famous? smh. Go n sit down boy, u're a goat!
ahhhhh virgins everywhere. too many idealistic virgins. ( virgin when it comes to how the world works ). for example, bill cosby tried to buy ABC a media house so as to promote black inventors and black activity. thats when they start digging up his past and are trying to lock him up, to dissuade him from buying a global media house to enhance black image. all the black stations ( BET and TVONE for example ) that are trying to promote black have been corporately taken over by whites so that they can promote buffoonery like davido and whizkid thereby reducing the IQ of black people. all of this is a plan. but like i said you are a virgin so keep quiet when elders are talking

2 Likes

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 20, 2015
sukkot:
ahhh you are someone who probably lives in nigeria and never left nigeria and dont know the powerful white supremacy forces working all over the world. you are still a virgin ( in terms of world exposure ) with idealistic views. you will learn soon though. oh you will learn. trust me
story.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
Raplinx:
thanks whats ur alma mater?
what . . . I'm waay younger than that. cheesy
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by sukkot: 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
story.
idealistic fellow. you neva chee chumtin grin
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by egbaguy: 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2015
Edwin schrodinger.......
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 20, 2015
sukkot:
idealistic fellow. you neva chee chumtin grin
dude, you still believe the earth is flat, and that the universe is geocentric in 2015! how on earth do you expect any of us to take you seriously on anything you say?

1 Like

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by sukkot: 4:07pm On Dec 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
dude, you still believe the earth is flat, and that the universe is geocentric in 2015! how on earth do you expect any of us to take you seriously on anything you say?
speaking of the universe, it is spiritually geocentric but mechanically heliocentric.

and with regards to the earth, it is a flat land enclosed in a globe. but you wouldnt know nothing about this because you only regurgitate what white men tell you. you are what is called in america an uncle tom. you like white people more than you love yourself. i saw your list of women inventors you adore and would like to marry. it was full of ugly old archaic looking white women. like seriously dude you need a reality check real quick.
grin grin grin
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 20, 2015
sukkot:
speaking of the universe, it is spiritually geocentric but mechanically heliocentric.

and with regards to the earth, it is a flat land enclosed in a globe. but you wouldnt know nothing about this because you only regurgitate what white men tell you. you are what is called in america an uncle tom. you like white people more than you love yourself. i saw your list of women inventors you adore and would like to marry. it was full of ugly old archaic looking white women. like seriously dude you need a reality check real quick.
grin grin grin
hey . . . there was a black . . . never mind. angry

the earth is not a flat land enclosed inside a globe. and the more you keep claiming such, the more you keep showing yourself as a nutjob. this is 2015 for crying out loud. who in their right mind would claim that the terrestrial surface is flat? haba! even GPS and satellites that enable you to post on this very site rely on the fact that the earth is round. imagine . . . and you still have the mind to call some people delusional? grin
I'm very sure, if you are carried out into space to see things for yourself, you will still claim that it is a fake reality induced by the whites to make you their slaves. grin

I love the whites just like I love every other race. equally. i am not racist at all. unlike some people . . .
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
egbaguy:
Edwin schrodinger.......
Excellent taste, sir. wink
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by sukkot: 4:22pm On Dec 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
hey . . . there was a black . . . never mind. angry

the earth is not a flat land enclosed inside a globe. and the more you keep claiming such, the more you keep showing yourself as a nutjob. this is 2015 for crying out loud. who in their right mind would claim that the terrestrial surface is flat? haba! even GPS and satellites that enable you to post on this very site rely on the fact that the earth is round. imagine . . . and you still have the mind to call some people delusional? grin
I'm very sure, if you are carried out into space to see things for yourself, you will still claim that it is a fake reality induced by the whites to make you their slaves. grin

I love the whites just like I love every other race. equally. i am not racist at all. unlike some people . . .
grin grin yeah right. and the same people who lied to you that they have been to the moon which they did the whole thing in a hollywood studio because it is impossible to go to the moon because you and your aircraft will be melted by the van-allen radiation belt, these are the same people who told you the earth surface is round. or did you personally go up there and see it for yourself ? come on man stop regurgitating all that computer generated lies that nasa feeds to you. nasa has been busted as mostly a propaganda tool by the elites.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by oglalasioux(m): 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
Very good post. Kudos. This is the information we all need for sustainable development.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
sukkot:
grin grin yeah right. and the same people who lied to you that they have been to the moon which they did the whole thing in a hollywood studio because it is impossible to go to the moon because you and your aircraft will be melted by the van-allen radiation belt, these are the same people who told you the earth surface is round. or did you personally go up there and see it for yourself ? come on man stop regurgitating all that computer generated lies that nasa feeds to you. nasa has been busted as mostly a propaganda tool by the elites.
funny you didn't talk about the satellites . . . or about the mathematical proof. or about the fact that NASA has absolutely no reason to fake a round earth. or the fact that it was actually people like galilei galileo, nicolas copernicus, kepler, and isaac newton, and NOT NASA, that established that the earth was round. and with robust mathematical proofs that any interested person can derive in minutes.

who told you about the van allen belt? wasn't it also the white man? why are you cherry picking?

stay there dey decieve yourself. while the rest of the world moves forward and leaves you behind.

also, did you just say that the universe is mechanically heliocentric?
when even the milky way galaxy is not heliocentric. sad
also why would a flat earth [i]orbit [/i]a sun?
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by oglalasioux(m): 4:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
sukkot:
Don't believe that conspiracy theory that man didn't really go to the moon. If it was a lie Russia would've debunked it by now. As for the earth being round there's no better evidence than the phenomenon of day, night and the seasons.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by sukkot: 4:42pm On Dec 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
funny you didn't talk about the satellites . . . or about the mathematical proof. or about the fact that NASA has absolutely no reason to fake a round earth. or the fact that it was actually people like galilei galileo, nicolas copernicus, kepler, and isaac newton, and NOT NASA, that established that the earth was round. and with robust mathematical proofs that any interested person can derive in minutes.

who told you about the van allen belt? wasn't it also the white man? why are you cherry picking?

stay there dey decieve yourself. while the rest of the world moves forward and leaves you behind.

also, did you just say that the universe is mechanically heliocentric?
when even the milky way galaxy is not heliocentric. sad
also why would a flat earth [i]orbit [/i]a sun?
the earth is a globe. a globe is round. we are saying the same thing superficially however thats where your intelligence stopped. i am going further to tell you inside that globe is a flat surface. so technically we are saying the same thing. and the universe being heliocentric has nothing to do with the milky-way. the milky way and the sun are in different planes of existence. the milky-way is at the constellations plane of existence ( puppis, vela, pyxis and carina to be exact ) while the sun is on the plane of the planets and asteroids like chiron, pallas, juno and ceres and vesta, point being what you said made absolutely no sense. wink
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by sukkot: 4:43pm On Dec 20, 2015
oglalasioux:

Don't believe that conspiracy theory that man didn't really go to the moon. If it was a lie Russia would've debunked it by now. As for the earth being round there's no better evidence than the phenomenon of day, night and the seasons.
russia has already debunked it. where were you ? lol. putin recently said usa lied about going to the moon

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/russia-calls-investigation-into-whether-us-moon-landings-happened-10327714.html
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by oglalasioux(m): 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2015
MathsChic:
Einstein did not "invent" the theory of relativity. He discovered it. smiley
Very brilliant observation. No phenomena is actually invented. Men discovered and harnessed them into inventions. Example is electromagnetic waves and radio waves. It's out there set up by nature. It's for us to discover and put to use.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by MathsChic(f): 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
Teempakguy:

hmmn . . . how do i explain this . . .

Newton didn't invent gravity. of course. he invented the "theory of gravity."
that's the point I'm trying to pass here. "theories." are explanations or unification or descriptions of something else entirely. as we all know, newton's theory of gravity doesn't actually work well. instead the newer theory, of general relativity, is being used to describe gravity. That alone tips off that it is an invention. since it can be replaced and/or upgraded. a discovery, such as the discovery of a new element, is not subject to things like that.

a theory is very much like an actual tool, such as a hammer or a screw driver. only it's composed of ideas and equations. since we don't refer to tangible tools as discoveries, i doubt we can refer to theories as such.

in fact, most theories are born out of constant thinking, prototyping, and testing.. in very much the same manner as real tools. and they fail sometimes. like real tools . . . the list is endless.
I actually understand the point your are trying to make, but still I disagree. Of course, newton did not invent gravity. And going by your logic, he also did not invent a theory of gravity, since he was wrong after all. If he invented the theory of gravity, then what would you call relativity? Isn't relativity the acceptable theory of gravity? What Newton "invented" is a series of explanation, mathematical descriptions and formulas which somewhat explained gravity in a classical way. Einstein came along with his own "inventions" which were also a series of advanced mathematical expressions that refined Newton's theories. So, you are right a bit in saying they invented some tools.

However, all of what Newton did is true and existed already in nature, only waiting for someone to come along and spot them. The three laws, at least. And to be fair, Einstein did not really alter any of what Newton did. He merely modified them. So, while Newton may have "invented" tools with which to interpret gravity, he did discover some set of laws which gravity obeyed and which are absolutely fundamental, so fundamental there is doubt they would ever change. Some would say they are as real and fundamental as your element in the periodic table. It is in that sense we say he "discovered".

Nevertheless, I think the interpretation, whether invent or discover, comes to from what perspective one is looking at it.

1 Like

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by FisifunKododada: 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
cool I pretty much know of all of them.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by MathsChic(f): 4:52pm On Dec 20, 2015
oglalasioux:

Very brilliant observation. No phenomena is actually invented. Men discovered and harnessed them into inventions. Example is electromagnetic waves and radio waves. It's out there set up by nature. It's for us to discover and put to use.
Good. And even though we can't see certain wavelengths, we see their effects (like gravity) and we have mathematical tools that accurately predict them.

1 Like

Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by oglalasioux(m): 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
Actually, he invented it. Just like newton invented calculus and jon von neumann invented game theory.

all theories are tools with which we understand nature. and tools are invented. not discovered.
The girl is right. Calculus isn't even an invention. If you say calculus was what aided the invention of space science then you are right. Fibonacci only discovered his sequences. He didn't invent them because it's God's own creation tool.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by oglalasioux(m): 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2015
Teempakguy:
That's not the point..

The challenge is not to beat the whites at building stuff, but actually beating them at getting recognized for building stuff.
if they beat you down, beat the sh*t down out of them too.

and win a f*cking nobel prize.(seriously, no black as ever won one in science.)
white supremacy ideology is for wimps and pushovers with the victim mentality. we need to go out there and fight for recognition. or shut the hell up. no one cares.
Boy I owe you. What's your brand? There's no better way to answer that.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by tartar9(m): 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2015
sukkot:
a challenge ? you are promoting white supremacy is what you are doing. the greatest scientists you never heard off are all black cuz white supremacy has suppressed their legacy. from george washington carver

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington_Carver

to this guy lonnie johnson who owns over 100 patents

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lonnie_Johnson_(inventor)

wow see the black acheivements:peanut farmer and toy gun inventor grin.degrasse tyson shouldn't even be on that list,he only talks.black power my butt.
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by sukkot: 5:01pm On Dec 20, 2015
tartar9:
wow see the black acheivements:peanut farmer and toy gun inventor.degrasse tyson shouldn't even be on that list,he only talks.
dumbass if you took the time to read about george washington carver, nevermind, anyway here is an excerpt from his biography below

'The most popular of his 44 practical bulletins for farmers contained 105 food recipes using peanuts.[4] He also developed and promoted about 100 products made from peanuts that were useful for the house and farm, including cosmetics, dyes, paints, plastics, gasoline, and nitroglycerin. He received numerous honors for his work, including the Spingarn Medal of the NAACP'
Re: Some Scientists You Probably Don't Know But Probably Should. by professore(m): 5:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
Nice to know

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Inventions By Kids. / Doctors Grow Nose On Man’s Forehead / Retired Zookeeper Eaten By His Tigers As He Tried To Feed Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.