Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,823 members, 7,844,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection (8922 Views)

The Yoruba History Of My Grandfather-by Adeleke Adeyemo / Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi / Again, Royal Rumbles On Yoruba History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by Dsimmer: 10:50am On May 12
Ifa is really quite mysterious and also valuable because it's not just a belief system but also an educative platform while also entailing the history of the Yoruba race.

The only problem is those unenlightened folks who misinterprete the ebo which are rather educative symbolism. Personally, I wouldn't have had problem with the ignorant people misinterpreting the ebo if not for those useless people killing human for any sacrifice while forgetting the fact Ifa hates Human sacrifices to begin with. In addition, Ifa always says all the Orishas live within us. So why would any useless fool sacrifice a Human? Ori is an Orisha for example, so why would any fool offer Ori as a sacrifice? Yet such useless fool think Ifa accept such harmful evil stupidity? Although I know Ifa people don't make human sacrifice. it's actually some useless people parading themselves that do such useless acts.

Basically, Ifa is all about intelligence, creativity, invention, medicinal plants.
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by Dsimmer: 10:58am On May 12
Olu317:
Well, if you do not there a celebration to acknowledged sin and forgiveness , in ifaodu , then you will need to consult further from a priest / Olifa/Onifa/Babalawo on it.

Ela after having so much power and he was healing the sick, raising the dead, opening eyes of the blinds etc, he began to think, he can do it once he lives the abode of Orunmila.

Eventually,he left Orunmila's abode. After doing this, everything he touches doesn't become fruitful anymore each time people come to seek spiritual guidance from ifa through him.

He later device the right plan after he went to see other Babalawos and he was told of his wrong doing after divination were made.........

Thereafter he ackowledged his error and everything was restored back to him after sacrifices were done.........

There are ifa stanzas that talked about sin and forgiveness and what to be used as offering .

No human blood is used in ifa.Although fake priests and fetish people claiming isese do use human beings for their own selfish reason. Ifa reject human sacrifices.

Finally , Ela is not omoloju eledumare. Gbogbo wa ni omo ope segi segi gbogbo wa ni ifa bi
Orunmila ni Baba wa( if you are an initiate you will understand me)

Ire o

I'm sure you're talking about where Ifa talks about Orun and Ela?

As I said, Ifa always speak in parables. Don't forget Orunmila in full expatiation is "Orun mo Ela". Orunmila is simply Ela. Orun and Ela are combined together to mean "Ela always works with divine heaven's knowledge & power".. Orunmila is the same as Ela, just as Ifa often states (albeit the first Ifa priest was also named Orunmila before Ela, born of a virgin came to take over the Orunmila role which has always been his role).

Ela is Omoloju Eledumare as stated by Ifa and he's also referred as Orunmila which represent wisdom and knowledge.
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by Olu317(m): 11:42am On May 12
Dsimmer:

I'm sure you're talking about where Ifa was talking about Orun and Ela?

As I said, Ifa always speak in parables. Don't forget Orunmila in full expatiation is "Orun mo Ela". Orunmila is simply Ela. Orun and Ela are combined together to mean "Ela always works with heaven's divine knowledge & power".. Orunmila is the same as Ela, just as Ifa often states (albeit the first Ifa priest was also named Orunmila before Ela, born of a virgin came to take over the Orunmila role which has always been his role).

Ela is Omoloju Eledumare as stated by Ifa and he's also referred as Orunmila which represent wisdom and knowledge.
Knowing ifaodu spirituality is beyond just reading some concocted books . The real deal is to actively knowledgeable about it through priests.

The reality is that, what you're posting is repetion of same view overand over again rwhich doesn't exist in ifa.

Therefore, kudos irrespective of how you have little knowledge Ela but can still be broaden to learn more about ifa as encyclopaedia of Yoruba/ Humanity.

Ire o
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by Dsimmer: 11:50am On May 12
Olu317:
Knowing ifaodu spirituality is beyond just reading some concocted books . The real deal is to actively knowledgeable about it through priests.

The reality is that, what you're posting is repetion of same view overand over again rwhich doesn't exist in ifa.

Therefore, kudos irrespective of how you have little knowledge Ela but can still be broaden to learn more about ifa as encyclopaedia of Yoruba/ Humanity.

Ire o

I simply stated what Ifa stated. Ifa says Ela is Orunmila. Orunmila full expatiation is "Orun mo Ela".. So what's the confusion there?

While Ifa always speak in parables, it's not that difficult to read the lines. Orun and Ela are combined together to mean "Ela always works with divine heaven's knowledge/power". That's exactly what Ifa narrated when Ifa was talking about Orun and Ela. Orun means divine heaven📍 That was why I said you should always take note of the name which sometimes gives out the meaning of the parables.

Ela who's Omoloju Eledumare is also Orunmila as stated by Ifa. Albeit the first Ifa priest was named Orunmila before Ela born of a virgin woman came to take over the Orunmila role which has always been his role.
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by Olu317(m): 11:52am On May 12
Dsimmer:

I'm saying what Ifa state. Ifa says Ela is Orunmila. Orunmila full expatiation is "Orun mo Ela".. So what's the confusion there?

While Ifa always speak in parables, it's not
difficult to read the lines. Orun and Ela are combined together to mean "Ela always works with heaven divine power and knowledge". That's exactly what Ifa narrated when Ifa was talking about Orun and Ela. Orun means heaven. That was why I said you should always take note of the name which sometimes gives out the meaning of the parables.

Ela who's Omoloju Eledumare is also Orunmila as stated by Ifa. Albeit the first Ifa priest was named Orunmila before Ela born of a virgin woman came to take over the Orunmila role which has always been his role.
Stop irritating me with false information.

Quote the Ifa stanza and let us learn from you.
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by Dsimmer: 11:56am On May 12
Olu317:
Stop irritating me with false information.

Quote the Ifa stanza and let us learn from you.

Which one are you talking about exactly? Lol.

Is it the stanza of Orun and Ela which you already narrated of how Ela left Orun house although you can't understand the parable?🤔

Or you don't know Ela, Omoloju Eledumare?
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by Dsimmer: 4:59pm On May 12
Dsimmer:
Let me add that there's another person whom Ifa calls begotten child of Eledumare. It's "Jewesun, the lamb" as Ifa calls it. Since Ifa says Eledumare has only one begotten child, then it means Ela is the same as Jewesun. Even as Ela is same as Orunmila. However, is Ifa pointing out something to the Yoruba? This begs the question of what's Yoruba business with the Jews?

In addition, can we say "Jewesun = Ela" which is implied by Ifa is the basis why the 12 disciples say "Jesus is Lord" ?😅

This is me thinking loud.

As a matter of fact, Ela/Oluwa and Jewesun/Jesu were no strange to the Yorubas before the European Missionary came with Lord and Jesus cool

Meanwhile, There's also Esu which represents Justice which is actually the justice personality of Eledumare operating. That is, God is merciful but also full of wrath and justice, especially against terrorists/criminals. That's why Orunmila/Ela & Eshu are friends and duality of each other. That is, Ela (Orunmila) is full of mercy and grace whereas Eshu is full of justice/wrath against criminals/terrorists.

Even the Christians believe Jesus is coming back to fulfill justice. Well, the truth is people don't have to wait for Jesus return before ensuring justice against useless terrorists/criminals disturbing their territory. That's why the Isrealites has David, Samson, Deborah etc. That's why the Yoruba has Sango, Ogun, Oya etc. cool

Btw, Jewesun in full expatiation is "Je ki ewe sun" which translates into "Let the leaf sleep" which should mean serenity. As I once stated, Yoruba do use J for Y at times. For example, "It shall be" in Yoruba is "Yoowa" which is "Ye ki o wa" in full expatiation however it's also pronounced as "Je ki o wa" at times 😅.. The Jewish do same. Yehuda is pronounced as Judah for example.

Question is what does ifa means by inferring Jewesun = Ela ?

Ifa is mysterious, just as the Yoruba. We could either infer that the Yoruba were probably part of the Jews although they're yet to do DNA test with the Jews OR the Yoruba are just ancient people doing their thing. Na the ancient ghost DNA sef I wan focus on sef grin

Anyways, Ifa is quite valuable to the Yoruba, just as I previously stated because it's not just a belief system but also an educative platform while also entailing the history of the Yoruba race 📍

Basically, Ifa is all about intelligence, creativity, invention and medicinal plants.
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by Dsimmer: 11:19am On May 14
I think Oluwa which is also another name for Eledumare/Olodumare (Olorun) may have been got from Ela, considering Ela means enlightenment and clarity/righteousness. Oluwa means "Lord OR Lord of creation OR Lord of Righteousness". Ela also represent righteousness, enlightenment/intelligence and creativity. In addition, Ela is also referred as Oluwo Orun.

Anyways, "Oluwa" means "Lord of righteousness or creation". While the Isrealites say Eloah/Elowah shocked

Funny thing is irrespective of the similarities between the Yoruba names and the Isrealites names for God, Yoruba actually know the meaning of all these names in Yoruba language grin

The only one which is a bit mysterious to decipher is the Yoruba's Eriwoya which is similar to the Isrealites' Yahweh. I think I'm able to decipher the meaning of Eriwoyah though. Eriwo means "the elephant has fallen" which Yoruba always use to depict a good man or righteous man who passed on, which is similar to how the psalm scripture (Psalm 45:cool talks about Jesus in the "Ivory" palace and we all know that Jesus was a righteous man.

Ya should mean alive. Ìyè means alive for example. So, Eriwoya should mean "the righteous one who has power over death and Life"..

That was why I said Yoruba are mysterious in my previous post above 😂
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by Dsimmer: 8:01am On May 17
There's something I even found. Lol. The Jewish emphasis was also pointed out shocked

Anyways, as I already stated, the Yoruba could probably be Jews although they're yet to do DNA test with the Jews OR the Yoruba are just ancient people doing their thing, considering their ancient DNA.
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by Dsimmer: 8:34am On May 25
Dsimmer:

Ela olurogbo is the same as Ela omo oyigi. The one who is different is the Ela olurogbo of Moremi who was a married woman. In fact, it was stated that Moremi named her child, Ela olurogbo because of the popularity and divine nature of the previous Ela olurogbo.

Whenever Ifa mention Ela, it simply means Ela! Whether Ela Olurogbo, Ela Omo Oyigi or Ela Oluwo Orun. All are same.

Btw, let me add that while Oyigi was a virgin woman who gave birth to Ela, her Oyigi name itself is also God's accolades📌

Ela is a spirit of light which is all about enlightenment/intelligence, creativity and Clarity.

Speaking of Moremi, while the human Moremi was Oranmiyan's brave wife. However the cosmos Moremi means another thing. Note that the primordial cosmos are different from the Yoruba humans who are only depicting the cosmos personalities✨ Ifa picked these Yoruba humans in a bid to ensure that Yoruba will continue to have all these in their memory whenever they celebrate their ancestors such as Obatala, Oduduwa, Sango, Ogun, Oya, Osun, Olokun, Moremi etc ✨

The Primordial Moremi should mean God who gave up his son, Ela for sacrifice to save humans. Of course, the Ela child didn't die but ascended up into heaven. Basically, Ifa is still talking about Ela. So anywhere one sees Ela in Ifa, it basically means Ela, Omoloju Eledumare💥! Ela Omoloju Eledumare, Ela Omo Oyigi, Ela Olurogbo, Ela Oluwo Orun are all the same 📌

And according to Ifa, Ela is also Jewesun because Ifa says Olodumare has only one begotten child hence, if Ela and Jewesun are both regarded as the only begotten child of Eledumare who has only one begotten child, then it means both Ela and Jewesun means the same thing (a=x).

Now the question is what's Yoruba business with the Jews to begin with and that's a mystery? 🤔

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Practice Of Exogamy And The Igbo People Of Nigeria / Solve The Nigerian Problem By Banning Our Local Languages. / Is Arochukwu The Origin Of The Igbos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.