Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,307 members, 7,815,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents (4733 Views)

Mavin Means Mohits Artistes Versus Illuminati Niggas! / Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! / The 2nd Annual 10 Softest Niggas In The Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by iamdnegro: 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2009
Why the heck do nigerian artistes lie in their songs bout what they got n what they do?? e.g LD D DUMB. lol. Talkin some shit bout BENTLEY'S murcielago'S - HE AINT GOT e.t.c. I kno our artistes be copying some shit from their american hip hop counterparts but we can forego that aspect and try to be original.

Also wHY do our artistes be faking D American Accent I saw a video of PSQUARE sayin some stuff on youtube (in their american accent, lol) n it was horrible.

Lets be original people!!!!

By the way I dont dislike LD or PSQUARE I actually love what they do and the fact that they inspire millions. However, someone's gotta call em out on that shit.

See how 2Face keeps it real?? Take cues.

I AM NOT HIP-HOP POLICE!!!!!

One.
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by javalove(m): 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2009
modenine doest brag about things he has . . else he talks about things he doesnt have

Accent? Its only Eedris i know fakes his accent,
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by tosinaded(m): 5:43pm On Jun 03, 2009
poster ure so shallow minded undecided
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by javalove(m): 5:53pm On Jun 03, 2009
tosinaded@:

poster ure so shallow minded undecided

must u attack every poster that posts wat dies not appeal to you? ori e yiiii!!!
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by tosinaded(m): 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2009
javalove:

must u attack every poster that posts wat dies not appeal to you? ori e yiiii!!!

aint attacking no1, so shut ur trap jare!!!!!

beside se ori ti e oyi ni se ojukan lo du ro si??
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by iamdnegro: 6:11pm On Jun 03, 2009
@tosinada

You obviously dont know the meaning of the phrase "shallow minded." You're a monkey n an obnoxious slowpoke seeking attention. You aint getting it from me RoosterDrinker! Your father!

@Java

I honestly have'nt listened to M9 much but I know of a song in which all he talks about are the girls he b hitting. C'mon man! Does he really think he gettin girls cos of his look or money or sumfin Negro please!

One
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by dammiecool(m): 6:13pm On Jun 03, 2009
mode ix do fake accent,he go come sound like ogbomosho accent cheesy sorry I mean abakaliki accent grin grin
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by tosinaded(m): 6:18pm On Jun 03, 2009
iamdnegro:

@tosinada

You obviously dont know the meaning of the phrase "shallow minded." You're a monkey n an obnoxious slowpoke seeking attention. You aint getting it from me RoosterDrinker! Your father!

ur name explains all this grin
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by javalove(m): 6:38pm On Jun 03, 2009
iamdnegro:

@Java

I honestly have'nt listened to M9 much but I know of a song in which all he talks about are the girls he b hitting. C'mon man! Does he really think he gettin girls cos of his look or money or sumfin Negro please!

One

what's d name of tha track . . Nigerian Girls?
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by iamdnegro: 6:47pm On Jun 03, 2009
@tosinaded

" . . . all this"

Did you mean "all these." Your english is really poor. Henceforth, carry ALL your convo's ONLY in Yoruba cos' thats all you know. You stepped to the wrong negro this time. N I MURKED YO BITCH ASS!!! Those are my final words to you MONKEY. Forever!

@Java

I believe so. . .
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 03, 2009
The accent can truly be nauseating.

But then again, to each his own.
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by javalove(m): 6:52pm On Jun 03, 2009
modenine wasnt bragging in Nigerian gals, he was just trying to tell us abot aw gals from different part of naija behave
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by lalaboi(m): 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2009
tosin and iamnegro. . ,  pls edit your posts. . . .or they will be deleted even if you have valid points in em. . . . . wink

1 Like

Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by tosinaded(m): 6:54pm On Jun 03, 2009
iamdnegro:

@tosinaded

" . . . all this"

Did you mean "all these." Your english is really poor. Henceforth, carry ALL your convo's ONLY in Yoruba cos' thats all you know. You stepped to the wrong negro this time. N I MURKED YO BITCH ASS!!! Those are my final words to you MONKEY. Forever!

to think u complaining abt fake accents and stuffs undecided
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by javalove(m): 6:57pm On Jun 03, 2009
@tosin

LMAO!!!
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by princesa(f): 7:16pm On Jun 03, 2009
free them jo
they are just trying to rhyme tongue
and feel upgraded . . . . . call on GT da Guitarman he's their king grin
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by rapjunkie(m): 8:29pm On Jun 03, 2009
@poster
Dont mind those tryin 2 put u down. Ur topic is a good one. The femcees are the worst. Especially mo' cheddah. Have u heard her pronounce the word 'nothing' sounds like 'na-in'. Very annoyin. Most of them havnt even lived in the states before . . . . . and going on holiday for 2 weeks doesnt count.
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by Jokething: 8:37pm On Jun 03, 2009
Simply answer mate wannabe's, American wannabe
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by rapjunkie(m): 11:39pm On Jun 03, 2009
I will always say that there is a huge market for the first REAL naija femcee who will be able to bring the element of 'cool' into our local lingo PLUS [b]connect [/b]with the people on the street and the rest of naija peeps. As ruggedman put it 'the mechanics, the shoemakers, e.t.c.' Nobody buys the yankee accents but we have to put up with it because that's the state of the game at the moment.

Yes, 'adara' was a 'hit' for Sasha BUT could have been a MONSTER hit if the other 90% of naija could identify with and decipher her yankee drawl
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by MrCrackles(m): 11:40pm On Jun 03, 2009
Topic

Fuc.k knows!
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by lalaboi(m): 12:14am On Jun 04, 2009
It no biggie jor. . . .they want to make a mark outside the shores of naija. . . .am not really bothered about how their voice sounds. . . .isnt it about the sound rhythm and lyrics any more??

Unless you want them to start singing like "sky B" before u go feel them. . . grin
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by rapjunkie(m): 8:41am On Jun 04, 2009
lalaboi:

It no biggie jor. . . .they want to make a mark outside the shores of naija. . . .am not really bothered about how their voice sounds. . . .isnt it about the sound rhythm and lyrics any more??

Unless you want them to start singing like "sky B" before u go feel them. . . grin

so let me get this straight . . . . . . . in order to make their mark outside naija they have to pretend to be something they are not? Do u think anybody outside the shores of naija will buy into that?

Togo? Mali? Senegal? . . . . . or are u talking about the states? isnt that like trying to sell ice to an eskimo?

lalaboi, i know u live in Jand. Do u remember the first crop of UK MC's who all tried to sound american? Phobe1 and co? how many of them are in the game now?

My point is, in order to ensure longetivity, we need to carve out OUR own identity.
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by princesa(f): 9:26am On Jun 04, 2009
i swear i heard exactly this lines of the poster on Brilla Fm today from a broadcaster there
i swear i did shocked
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 04, 2009
N
lalaboi:

what a poor excuse smiley
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by lalaboi(m): 11:43am On Jun 04, 2009
Last time i was in an argument about naija rappers, everyone bombarded me. . , and i forsee that again. . . lol

Ok, these artistes are dong hiphop yeh? not naija hiphop which the likes of 9ice would be number one in that category. . . . But is that hip hop?

For example. . . .If an oyinbo decides to sing apala for a living, Do you think he wunt make efforts to make his voice to sound like a local?? offcourse he will. . .Same applies to these Nigerians . . .HIPHOP aint nigerian, Its borrowed (dnt bite me). . . . tongue

And RapJ. . . . .Uk peeps decided to create their own genre and labelled it GRIME, and who tha heck is feeling grime?? UK peeps (not even all of them). . . .Americans and peeps abroad will find a head piece to block their ears from that tortue of a music. . . .some of them still do hiphop and they get more audience and listenership than them grime artistes. . .even the grime artistes then have now seen the light and their music these days cannot be classified as GRIME!! . . . .

Well my point is. . . .if you are doing a genre of music that done belong to you, you gon need loads of adapting. .which these nigerian artistes are doing. . . .ADAPTING. . . .

Abi u 1 tell me say dem foreign peeps wey dey feel M.I would feel him if his his accent was some village mahn accent? C'mon son grin
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 04, 2009
I'm not talking about when they sing/rap etc many people's accents just change when singing etc

I mean when they are generally just talking.
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by princesa(f): 11:57am On Jun 04, 2009
@lalaboi
true talk there
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by emmanie2ng(m): 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2009
they simply do not know what it means to live original. sad pity
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by lalaboi(m): 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2009
ibkaye:

I'm not talking about when they sing/rap etc many people's accents just change when singing etc

I mean when they are generally just talking.

The poster mentioned Psquare and Eldee. . . .he knows NADA about Eldee and his he talking about this  Psquare?

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzz2nbgaTjc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="[/flash]

Get outta here mahn. . . .lol. . . .
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 04, 2009
lalaboi:

The poster mentioned Psquare and Eldee. . . .he knows NADA about Eldee and his he talking about this  Psquare?

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzz2nbgaTjc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="[/flash]

Get outta here mahn. . . .lol. . . .

I've seen that video, again, it sounds stupid when they talk with fake accents, especially when it's so obvious.

Anyway sha, to each his/her own, they're still making music and getting paid.
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by lalaboi(m): 12:12pm On Jun 04, 2009
Now. . . .Ibkaye you need to see an Otologist quick. . . ,  Psquare faked accent in that video. . . .mehn. . .  lipsrsealed
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 04, 2009
lalaboi:

Now. . . .Ibkaye you need to see an Otologist quick. . . ,  Psquare faked accent in that video. . . .mehn. . .  lipsrsealed
I wasn't talking about Psquare, I was addressing the numerous naija artists in general that do so tongue

Guess I should have made myself clearer, I apologize.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Naija song downloads / Free Desktop Keyboard Software: Desktop Piano 1.0 / Which Is Your Favourite Radio Staion In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.