Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents (4731 Views)

Mavin Means Mohits Artistes Versus Illuminati Niggas! / Fake American Accents On Nigerian Radio & Tv! / The 2nd Annual 10 Softest Niggas In The Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by lalaboi(m): 12:23pm On Jun 04, 2009
ibkaye:

I wasn't talking about Psquare, I was addressing the numerous naija artists in general that do so tongue

Guess I should have made myself clearer, I apologize.
Gud Gud lol. . . .

The poster didnt think well before he created the topic. . . . .he was inspired by Mr RapJ on another thread lol. . . .and made wrong examples with eldee and psquare. . . .
For me, If your first post about a topic doesnt live up. . .i'll always diregard what u say! lol. . . .even if you have a point tongue
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by audio: 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2009
lalaboi:

Last time i was in an argument about naija rappers, everyone bombarded me. . ,  and i forsee that again. . . lol

Ok, these artistes are dong hiphop yeh? not naija hiphop which the likes of 9ice would be number one in that category. . . . But is that hip hop?

For example. . . .If an oyinbo decides to sing apala for a living, Do you think he wunt make efforts to make his voice to sound like a local?? offcourse he will. . .Same applies to these Nigerians . . .HIPHOP aint nigerian, Its borrowed (dnt bite me). . . . tongue

And RapJ. . . . .Uk peeps decided to create their own genre and labelled it GRIME, and who tha heck is feeling grime?? UK peeps (not even all of them). . . .Americans and peeps abroad will find a head piece to block their ears from that tortue of a music. . . .some of them still do hiphop and they get more audience and listenership than them grime artistes. . .even the grime artistes then have now seen the light and their music these days cannot be classified as GRIME!! . . . .

Well my point is. . . .if you are doing a genre of music that done belong to you,  you gon need loads of adapting.  .which these nigerian artistes are doing. . . .ADAPTING. . . .

Abi u 1 tell me say dem foreign peeps wey dey feel M.I would feel him if his his accent was some village mahn accent? C'mon son grin

Lalaboi, a bit surprised by your comments, but i guess it's your point of view.
First of all, hip hop has been around since 1981. It is a global form of music.  It is not borrowed from anyone. Many people (i'm sure you included) have listened to hip hop there whole lives.
If you decide to become a hip hop artist, does that mean you are still borrowing.
As a Nigerian, if i want to hear someone trying to rap like Lil Wayne, i'll buy lil Wayne's album. He ain't dead yet. If i want to hear someone rapping like EVE (aka Sasha), i'll buy EVE's album, she's not dead yet either.

Hip Hop is about realness. Rapping about what you know. The Message by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five in 1981 blew up with middleclass white kids, because it offered a window into a life in the ghetto that they knew nothing about.
Rapping with a fake american accent is wack. Period. You've never lived there, hell some of them have never even been there, but they're trying to rap like they're from Brooklyn.  It's as fake as they come

The next African Rapper to go global will do so not because he/her is trying to photocopy, but because they will be offering the world a true window into Africa.

Shakira was a huge artist in Latin America before she went global. When she blew up, she still sang in the exact same accent that she had always used. It offered her even more appeal, BECAUSE IT WAS ORIGINAL. Something severly lacking in naija.
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2009
lalaboi:

Gud Gud lol. . . .

The poster didnt think well before he created the topic. . . . .he was inspired by Mr RapJ on another thread lol. . . .and made wrong examples with eldee and psquare. . . .
For me, If your first post about a topic doesnt live up. . .i'll always diregard what u say! lol. . . .even if you have a point tongue

I get the poster's point though.
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by asha80(m): 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2009
kel,sasha
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by lalaboi(m): 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2009
audio:

First of all, hip hop has been around since 1981. It is a global form of music.  It is not borrowed from anyone. Many people (i'm sure you included) have listened to hip hop there whole lives.
If you decide to become a hip hop artist, does that mean you are still borrowing.
As a Nigerian, if i want to hear someone trying to rap like Lil Wayne, i'll buy lil Wayne's album. He ain't dead yet. If i want to hear someone rapping like EVE (aka Sasha), i'll buy EVE's album, she's not dead yet either.

Hip Hop is about realness. Rapping about what you know. The Message by Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five in 1981 blew up with middleclass white kids, because it offered a window into a life in the ghetto that they knew nothing about.
Rapping with a fake american accent is wack. Period. You've never lived there, hell some of them have never even been there, but they're trying to rap like they're from Brooklyn.  It's as fake as they come

The next African Rapper to go global will do so not because he/her is trying to photocopy, but because they will be offering the world a true window into Africa.

Shakira was a huge artist in Latin America before she went global. When she blew up, she still sang in the exact same accent that she had always used. It offered her even more appeal, BECAUSE IT WAS ORIGINAL. Something severly lacking in naija.

Dude, . .Dont get me wrong oh. . . .

Am sure you got my analogy with oyinbo trying to sing apala. . .

Now, Did Africans or Nigerians start this hip hop thingy? am sure u'd agree with me NO is the answer. . . .so if i say its borrowed, it doesn't mean i don't recognise it as a global genre. . . .And it being a global genre means it should be done in such a way right?. . . So if the guyz are trying to do it the right way by sounding like them who do it most, i shouldnt see no probs. . . . .And its all about realness. . . .Say that to lil wayne who sounds lik a frog when he raps. . .Still peeps including you will buy his album, but if a nigerian does it, he's bn fake. . . .hence, whatever they spit will not make sense. . .

Then i ask again. . . Is this hiphop thingy about ya voice ? or about what ya spit and the rhythm?? Abeg bone voice jare. . . . tongue

The shakira thingy i agree with you. . .which is why Afro beat of fella and femi will make sense to more peeps outside nigeria. . . .You just wait and see. . .what you call fake will appeal to loads and you'll wonder how. . . .lol

over to you Mr audiophile lol!
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by javalove(m): 1:09pm On Jun 04, 2009
lalaboi:

Dude, . .Dont get me wrong oh. . . .

Now, Did Africans or Nigerians start this hip hop thingy? am sure u'd agree with me NO is the answer. . . .so if i say its borrowed, it doesn't mean i don't recognise it as a global genre. . . .And it being a global genre means it should be done in such a way right?. . . So if the guyz are trying to do it the right way by sounding like them who do it most, i shouldnt see no probs. . . . .And its all about realness. . . .Say that to lil wayne who sounds lik a frog when he raps. . .Still peeps including you will buy his album, but if a nigerian does it, he's bn fake. . . .hence, whatever they spit will not make sense. . .

Then i ask again. . . Is this hiphop thingy about ya voice ? or about what ya spit and the rhythm?? Abeg bone voice jare. . . . tongue

The shakira thingy i agree with you. . .which is why Afro beat of fella and femi will make sense to more peeps outside nigeria. . . .You just wait and see. . .what you call fake will appeal to loads and you'll wonder how. . . .lol

I am buiying the whole of NL over. Everyone now wants to reason like javalove. I m not complaining grin
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by audio: 1:10pm On Jun 04, 2009
lalaboi:

Dude,  . .Dont get me wrong oh. . . .

Now, Did Africans or Nigerians start this hip hop thingy? am sure u'd agree with me NO is the answer. . . .so if i say its borrowed, it doesn't mean i don't recognise it as a global genre. . . .And it being a global genre means it should be done in such a way right?. . . So if the guyz are trying to do it the right way by sounding like them who do it most,  i shouldnt see no probs. . . . .And its all about realness. . . .Say that to lil wayne who sounds lik a frog when he raps. . .Still peeps including you will buy his album, but if a nigerian does it, he's bn fake. .  . .hence, whatever they spit will not make sense. . .

Mr Audiophille, lol, that takes me back. All i'm saying is that hip hop is about realness. French rappers rap in French, German rappers rap in German, Ghanaian rappers rap in, (somebody help me out here), DaGrin raps in yourba. It's all hip hop

We as Africans need to start believing in ourselves. We are a mega huge demographic. We don't need to rap like Americans to sound authentic.

Mo Cheddah's accent is so fake, that i can't understand what she's saying. This defeats the whole object of the exercise. Same goes for Kel and tha Suspect although in lesser degrees.

Check out a jam like Wetin Dey by Ruff Rugged and Raw. That record entered my soul like no 50 cent record ever can, because it was speaking directly to me. The beat, the lyrics everything about it was authentic african.

Our artists should concentrate on conquering Africa. When they do that, the world will come calling.
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by lalaboi(m): 1:35pm On Jun 04, 2009
audio:

Mr Audiophille, lol, that takes me back. All i'm saying is that hip hop is about realness. French rappers rap in French, German rappers rap in German, Ghanaian rappers rap in, (somebody help me out here), DaGrin raps in yourba. It's all hip hop

We as Africans need to start believing in ourselves. We are a mega huge demographic. We don't need to rap like Americans to sound authentic.

Erm. . . . what's Nigeria's official language? English. . . .Even Da grin that raps in yooba still forms Americana accent. . .u nor dey hear am?? lol

How many americans will listen to french,german,turkish, albanian rap??. . . .they might be rapping Sh.it sef lol. . .i nor know. .

Audio. . .i get you. . .its all about realness. . wink but will u term a jamaican singing almost perfectly in yooba unreal?? tongue
audio:

Mo Cheddah's accent is so fake, that i can't understand what she's saying. This defeats the whole object of the exercise. Same goes for Kel and tha Suspect although in lesser degrees.

Check out a jam like Wetin Dey by Ruff Rugged and Raw. That record entered my soul like no 50 cent record ever can, because it was speaking directly to me. The beat, the lyrics everything about it was authentic african.

Our artists should concentrate on conquering Africa. When they do that, the world will come calling.

yeh. . they fake accents oh. . . ah. . . Naeto c fake am and e dey perform everywhere innit?. . . .its working for them . . . tongue

case closed!!! lol
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by audio: 1:41pm On Jun 04, 2009
lalaboi:

Erm. . . . what's Nigeria's official language? English. . . .Even Da grin that raps in yooba still forms Americana accent. . .u nor dey hear am?? lol

How many americans will listen to french,german,turkish, albanian rap??. . . .they might be rapping Sh.it sef lol. . .i nor know. .

Audio. . .i get you. . .its all about realness. .  wink but will u term a jamaican singing almost perfectly in yooba unreal?? tongue
yeh. . they fake accents oh. . . ah. . . Naeto c fake am and e dey perform everywhere innit?. . . .its working for them . . . tongue

case closed!!! lol

I give up. You've made you're mind up. I'll leave you to it.  grin
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by rapjunkie(m): 1:50pm On Jun 04, 2009
lalaboi:

Last time i was in an argument about naija rappers, everyone bombarded me. . , and i forsee that again. . . lol

Ok, these artistes are dong hiphop yeh? not naija hiphop which the likes of 9ice would be number one in that category. . . . But is that hip hop?   

For example. . . .If an oyinbo decides to sing apala for a living, Do you think he wunt make efforts to make his voice to sound like a local?? offcourse he will. . .Same applies to these Nigerians . . .HIPHOP aint nigerian, Its borrowed (dnt bite me). . . . tongue

that's fine if u are happy with copy, copy.  I'm not.  To be succesful you need be able to connect with the audience on a mass scale. Only then, will there  be a chance for it to go international.

For eg. . . . . Think of the enormous popularity of Tuface's ' african queen'  IN Nigeria before it went international. I dont think there is ANYBODY in nigeria who has not heard that song. Do you think it would have been snapped up by hollywood if tuface was trying to sound like an american artist?

audio:

true words, true words
lalaboi:

And RapJ. . . . .Uk peeps decided to create their own genre and labelled it GRIME, and who tha heck is feeling grime?? UK peeps (not even all of them). . . .Americans and peeps abroad will find a head piece to block their ears from that tortue of a music. . . .some of them still do hiphop and they get more audience and listenership than them grime artistes. . .even the grime artistes then have now seen the light and their music these days cannot be classified as GRIME!! . . . .

Well my point is. . . .if you are doing a genre of music that done belong to you, you gon need loads of adapting. .which these nigerian artistes are doing. . . .ADAPTING. . . .

Please tell me if N'dubz, Tinchy Stryder, Dizzie Rascal e.t.c are doing grime at the moment.

OR, tell me which UK rapper raps with an american accent?

OR are u saying that uk hip hop IS grime? . . . . . . ur losing me . . . . . .

lalaboi:

Abi u 1 tell me say dem foreign peeps wey dey feel M.I would feel him if his his accent was some village mahn accent? C'mon son grin

which foreign peeps are feeling MI? I havent seen him in the UK or US charts. . . . . .or are u talking about the Mali and Togo charts again? I think he should concentrate on trying to break Owerri and Aba first . . . . .don't u?

I aint hating, just calling it like i see it.
lalaboi:

Audio. . .i get you. . .its all about realness. . wink but will u term a jamaican singing almost perfectly in yooba unreal?? tongue

case closed!!! lol

U miss the point. . . . . .   How well did Naeto C's album do in the US?

lalaboi:

It no biggie jor. . . .they want to make a mark outside the shores of naija. . . .

which shores are u talking about lalaboi?
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 04, 2009
which foreign peeps are feeling MI? I havent seen him in the UK or US charts. . . . . .or are u talking about the Mali and Togo charts again?
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Exactly, they need to do something that will make them stand out, at the end of the day, the so called accents are what the foreigners they are trying to appeal to (apparently) are used to hearing on a daily basis, so when some next freshie comes along doing the same thing, it won't exactly be new to them.
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by lalaboi(m): 2:08pm On Jun 04, 2009
i dey come first. . .make i finish cooking my food b4 i read wetin Mr RapJ write wella . . . lol. . . .

onna d reasons i dnt argue much. . . .we go talk round and and round and round and round. . .it dont stop!. . . angry
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by dammiecool(m): 2:09pm On Jun 04, 2009
d only way 2 know where ur music come from
on d long run
na d fussion of ur grammer
ur slang
n ya mother tongue-Ruggeddie Baba
cool cool cool
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by javalove(m): 3:00pm On Jun 04, 2009
dammiecool:

d only way 2 know where ur music come from
on d long run
na d fussion of ur grammer
ur slang
n ya mother tongue-Ruggeddie Baba
cool cool cool

crap!!!!

that mother tongue yarns is crap!!!!!

fusing bits and piecies of our local lingo is enuff
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by dammiecool(m): 3:12pm On Jun 04, 2009
ur opinion abi
good 4 ya cool
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by lalaboi(m): 3:27pm On Jun 04, 2009
rapjunkie:

that's fine if u are happy with copy, copy.  I'm not.  To be succesful you need be able to connect with the audience on a mass scale. Only then, will there  be a chance for it to go international.

For eg. . . . . Think of the enormous popularity of Tuface's ' african queen'  IN Nigeria before it went international. I dont think there is ANYBODY in nigeria who has not heard that song. Do you think it would have been snapped up by hollywood if tuface was trying to sound like an american artist?

true words, true words
Please tell me if N'dubz, Tinchy Stryder, Dizzie Rascal e.t.c are doing grime at the moment.

OR, tell me which UK rapper raps with an american accent?

OR are u saying that uk hip hop IS grime? . . . . . . ur losing me . . . . . .

which foreign peeps are feeling MI? I havent seen him in the UK or US charts. . . . . .or are u talking about the Mali and Togo charts again? I think he should concentrate on trying to break Owerri and Aba first . . . . .don't u?

I aint hating, just calling it like i see it.

U miss the point. . . . . .   How well did Naeto C's album do in the US?

And who says they have not appealed to the audience back home. .  .only peeps like you (a few) see a problem. . .  tongue

Exactly what am saying! these dudes dont do grime wich they all used to brag about b4. . .they needed somtin to appeal to the house of hiphop (america). . .so they doing somtin more in the line of that. . . .And i dnt expect them to start copying accents. . their english alone beats the americans tongue. . . .and dont tell me Naija kind off english will make sense with rapping. . . .the ones that even say english propely will still have a hint of the western style in them!!

I'm not talking about charts. . . .You just wait and see na. . .
Na your eyes e go shine when you see am. . . . .every non nigerian i have played M.I too is feeling him. . .and i make sure i supply dem with his new joints and guess what they feeling it tongue . . .if you dont feel him because of his accent or barrack/iraq of us, na ur own palava bdat! lol

I dont care how much he sold in America. . .The dude has done well in africa alone. . .  tongue iaccording to obi asika, his album went platinum . . . . . dnt wanto talk bout album sales cos we both know figures might not be true, . .dude has performed on almost every award African tongue. . . .and guess what. . .they crowd sang along!

Voice ma foot. . . .do you listen to lil wayne?? do you listen to Tpain?  do you. . .if you dont. . .i'll allow you. . .if you do. . . .get outta here son!! lol
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by kaypumpin2(m): 3:59pm On Jun 04, 2009
Pray tell,has the meaning of lol changed or why does lalaboi uses it as fullstop in his every statement/post undecided

Back to the topic,

I do not have problem with these artistes accent when they are singing or rapping BUT when they are talking.

Some do not even have a good grasp of English language yet they americanize their English with all the bullets they spraying.
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by lalaboi(m): 4:16pm On Jun 04, 2009
kay. . . .the lol na just to let am know say i nor mean the sentence. . .lik get outta here son! lol. . . .dude is way older than me and i dey giv am respect lol grin
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by chiogo(f): 4:24pm On Jun 04, 2009
LOL@topic, how's that 'niggas lying'?

But true though. . .and they suck at it too.
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by kaypumpin2(m): 4:36pm On Jun 04, 2009
lalaboi:

kay. . . .the lol na just to let am know say i nor mean the sentence. . .lik get outta here son! lol. . . .dude is way older than me and i dey giv am respect lol grin

Seen cool
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by rapjunkie(m): 5:42pm On Jun 04, 2009
lalaboi:

who tell u say i old pass u? take ur time o!!. No dey disgrace me for NL   grin

lalaboi:

onna d reasons i dnt argue much. . . .we go talk round and and round and round and round. . .it dont stop!. . . angry

I beginning to understand what u mean  smiley

I like the blue, red, green , purple,  comments.  . . . . . . . that's very nice lalaboi . . . . . . . . . u have time

grin
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by scolobo(m): 5:44pm On Jun 04, 2009
lalaboi, God pls bless u , stupid ppl dey re, i wonder if hiphop is naija stuff or borrowd
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by rapjunkie(m): 5:54pm On Jun 04, 2009
scolobo:

lalaboi, God pls bless u , stupid ppl dey re, i wonder if hiphop is naija stuff or borrowd

please put the ogogoro down and type properly please!!

What are u saying?. . . . . . . cos i don't know whether I should cuss u or not   
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by TOYOSI20(f): 5:55pm On Jun 04, 2009
They pra'li do it to boost album sales/ratings. . . . maybe undecided
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by dammiecool(m): 6:09pm On Jun 04, 2009
@scolobo

I agree with u,but I think we should do it our own way I mean naija way
no matter how we try to copy them we can never be like them,is better done in our own way

u cant sell snow to eskimos
u cant sell sand to desert dwellers-Rugeddie Baba
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by javalove(m): 7:09pm On Jun 04, 2009
what does it mean to do hiphop in naija way?
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by Krayola(m): 7:52pm On Jun 04, 2009
I like piper a lot. I think that is rap the Naija way.

I like win am 4 me with terry G and I like that song "piper piper". . .except for the T-pain voice effect thing he has goin on
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by mbulela: 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2009
audio:

First of all, hip hop has been around since 1981. It is a global form of music.  It is not borrowed from anyone. Many people (i'm sure you included) have listened to hip hop there whole lives.

Rapping with a fake american accent is wack. Period. You've never lived there, hell some of them have never even been there, but they're trying to rap like they're from Brooklyn.  It's as fake as they come

Lalaboi, i have joined the camp of those who are suprised by your comments on this.
by the way, this same sentiments was raised by someone on NOTJUSTOK  about Kel and naija female MCs in general yesterday.
the bottom like is that it is fake and photocopy will never be as big as an original.there is no use trying.
lalaboi, are you trying to tell me that in order to fit in to the system in the UK, you formed an accent as soon as you arrived there?
or you will support someone to do same?
real fact is that this artistes are not going to crack the american market (not for a lack of ability).Nigeria and africa is big and vast enough.
pronounce your words clearly, speak naturally, dope beats, tight production and top notch lyrics and loads of local flavour.
with the above, why should the sky be your limit??
the fact that you must sound american simply because you are doing hip hop is crap and myopic in my view.
in my view, it potrays a complex and an insecurity.
it goes for M.I, Kemistry (don't tell me anything about her leaving abroad for a while.that accent no be am at all), Kel and sasha.
i accpet that p2 were not guilty in that video but i have seen them do it several other times and it sucks.mixing yankee accent with a thick igbo accent shocked
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by iamdnegro: 8:35pm On Jun 04, 2009
lalaboi:

The poster mentioned Psquare and Eldee. . . .he knows NADA about Eldee and his he talking about this  Psquare?

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dzz2nbgaTjc&hl=en&fs=1&" type="[/flash]

Get outta here mahn. . . .lol. . . .

I agree I kno nuttin bout LD (na u sabi pass), I however have listened to his joint - BIG BOI. N i was referring to how he talks in the joint bout cars he prolly dont have.

N the video of psquare you uploaded (ABOVE) is def not the one i was referring to.

Now, dont get it twisted, this is not a personal attack on any artistes or group. I am merely stating a trend I have observed.

LD in my mind is a great producer and he makes music that is fun to dance to. N somtimes he flips the script n delves into socio political issues (e.g ME I GO YAN)

PSQUARE also makes good music. Let me reiterate, I love and respect what these guys do.

But the fact (my original point in the post) remains that most nigerian hip hop artistes lie in their songs and fake accents when they rap n when they speak - trying to copy their american counterparts.

Thats not original.

THE TRUTH SELLS. BETTER THAN LIES.

CAPICHE
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by kaypumpin2(m): 9:22pm On Jun 04, 2009
mbulela:

Lalaboi, i have joined the camp of those who are suprised by your comments on this.
by the way, this same sentiments was raised by someone on NOTJUSTOK about Kel and naija female MCs in general yesterday.
the bottom like is that it is fake and photocopy will never be as big as an original.there is no use trying.
lalaboi, are you trying to tell me that in order to fit in to the system in the UK, you formed an accent as soon as you arrived there?
or you will support someone to do same?
real fact is that this artistes are not going to crack the american market (not for a lack of ability).Nigeria and africa is big and vast enough.
pronounce your words clearly, speak naturally, dope beats, tight production and top notch lyrics and loads of local flavour.
with the above, why should the sky be your limit??
the fact that you must sound american simply because you are doing hip hop is crap and myopic in my view.
in my view, it potrays a complex and an insecurity.
it goes for M.I, Kemistry (don't tell me anything about her leaving abroad for a while.that accent no be am at all), Kel and sasha.
i accpet that p2 were not guilty in that video but i have seen them do it several other times and it sucks.mixing yankee accent with a thick igbo accent shocked

LWKM(Laff wan kill me).@ least this is nigerian grin
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by NVQ2: 2:27am On Jun 18, 2009
To fully analyse this trend can you guys answer these questions

1- Why do most rappers/hip hop artiste who lived abroad(states/UK) ave to come to Nigeria to really blow by doing it d naija way as in afro hip hop
    e.g. Weird MC, Dbanj ,(4rm UK),Naeto C ,Ikechukwu,Sauce Kid(4rm .States).

2=Why do the ones that are still resident abroad making music the naija way ,rappin in 9ja flow and still relying on 9ja airplay and publicity as well as Lagos market for their success? eg Tillaman/Dola-puyanka,Pounds/naira nd AY, JJC nd 419 (way back)El Swagga (not sur i got dt) etc.

3- Talking about selling internationally as one poster said --Why did El Dee come to Lagos and not Rap in American Lingo in Atlanta to enter the chart there instead of doing it 'Bo i gbangba way'? or rather wh cant the likes of Naeto C and Ikechukwu remain in New York and do the 'real ' hip hop where it comes 4rm with dem borrowed accent?

4-Why Did  2face's 'African Queen'  an international hit despite it being in simple 9ja English devoid of fake nasalized accent?-- and winning MTV/MOBO awards.

5- Why did 9ices 'Gongo Aso' win MOBO ? its yoruba despites all the real MC'S u av .

6-Why Did KSA 'syncro system' a hit in the 80's with Grammys nomination?

7- Why is hip-hop/rap not recognized /defined or popular in Nigeria before the song 'Sakomo' by Remedies?

Well answer this questions and get inline of my thought ,truth is bitter to arrive at any conclusion there shou;d be analysis
the fact remains that any Nigerian would feel Nigga raw than Kanye west and would flow with 9ice than Lil Wayne .Staying real take u places cos music is a universal language .hip hop /rap is a culture of reality about where you belong and happenstances there thats why an artiste will be insane to use words like 'bitches,hoes.chicken head.baby mama/fada' in Lagos cos we dont live that style .
We are who we are if Jay - Z speaks anoda lang than English he ad others wuld gladly sing in it.So lets embrace ours thats keepin it real .

TENI NTENI TA KI TA N TAKITAN ! = UMUNNAMU!- CHIKENEKE MEE!=ELA HO I HE!

Thats our own swags.

The truth is that n
Re: Niggas Lie Alot! Why Do Nigerian Artistes Lie in Their Songs & Fake Accents by NVQ2: 2:33am On Jun 18, 2009
To fully analyse this trend can you guys answer these questions

1- Why do most rappers/hip hop artiste who lived abroad(states/UK) ave to come to Nigeria to really blow by doing it d naija way as in afro hip hop
   e.g. Weird MC, Dbanj ,(4rm UK),Naeto C ,Ikechukwu,Sauce Kid(4rm .States).

2=Why do the ones that are still resident abroad making music the naija way ,rappin in 9ja flow and still relying on 9ja airplay and publicity as well as Lagos market for their success? eg Tillaman/Dola-puyanka,Pounds/naira nd AY, JJC nd 419 (way back)El Swagga (not sur i got dt) etc.

3- Talking about selling internationally as one poster said --Why did El Dee come to Lagos and not Rap in American Lingo in Atlanta to enter the chart there instead of doing it 'Bo i gbangba way'? or rather wh cant the likes of Naeto C and Ikechukwu remain in New York and do the 'real ' hip hop where it comes 4rm with dem borrowed accent?

4-Why Did  2face's 'African Queen'  an international hit despite it being in simple 9ja English devoid of fake nasalized accent?-- and winning MTV/MOBO awards.

5- Why did 9ices 'Gongo Aso' win MOBO ? its yoruba despites all the real MC'S u av .

6-Why Did KSA 'syncro system' a hit in the 80's with Grammys nomination?

7- Why is hip-hop/rap not recognized /defined or popular in Nigeria before the song 'Sakomo' by Remedies?

Well answer this questions and get inline of my thought ,truth is bitter to arrive at any conclusion there shou;d be analysis
the fact remains that any Nigerian would feel Nigga raw than Kanye west and would flow with 9ice than Lil Wayne .Staying real take u places cos music is a universal language .hip hop /rap is a culture of reality about where you belong and happenstances there thats why an artiste will be insane to use words like 'bitches,hoes.chicken head.baby mama/fada' in Lagos cos we dont live that style .
We are who we are if Jay - Z speaks anoda lang than English he ad others wuld gladly sing in it.So lets embrace ours thats keepin it real .

TENI NTENI TA KI TA N TAKITAN ! = UMUNNAMU!- CHIKENEKE MEE!=ELA HO I HE!

Thats our own swags.

The truth is that n

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

M.i's Competition - Magnito / Music: Mr Mario – Gbe Ya Yen / Timaya - I Concur Ft Don Jazzy [video Download]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.